It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103299 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#103375 Apr 2, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't your corrupt government that broke you it was your greedy capitalistic ideals....sub prime mortgage scam, failed to temper banks growth with ethical practice...but hey, no matter what I say or the evidence you will still blame the government.
It was government that was directly involved. Government sponsored mortgage companies, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, knowingly purchased toxic mortgages and passed them onto Wall St. Crooks like Senator Chris Dodd thwarted efforts by the Bush administration to regulate Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae while receiving sweet deals from Countrywide, a predator lender.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...

A long read, but it explains how the problem goes all the way back to Pres. Clinton and how he changed the Communities Reinvestment Act.

http://tjhancock.wordpress.com/housing-bubble...

Our corrupt government was directly involved and responsible. The SEC even lowered the capital reserve requirement for banks and lenders.

Instead of prosecuting these crooks, they got a government bailout. That's not free market capitalism, that's government corporatism.

Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#103376 Apr 2, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps I can arrange for a South Pole reception committee ... of man-eating Penguins.:)
They won't eat ca ca.
FYI

Denver, CO

#103377 Apr 2, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't eat ca ca.
" KINKY" Be well my friend. Regards
The cowardlyscum Bashers

Providence, UT

#103378 Apr 2, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't eat ca ca.
But you do.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Australia

#103379 Apr 2, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't eat ca ca.
They might be less discerning when it's frozen solid. Otherwise Ketchup can be brought to the rescue.:)
The cowardlyscum Bashers

Providence, UT

#103380 Apr 2, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
You no smart@rse but Sultana of Spin!! a few raisins short of a fruitcake.

WT FOOK DO YOU THINK YOU"RE talking to inferior coolie dalit adminRentgirlboy?

GET THE FOOK OUT OF HERE - YOU ARE A DISGRACE ( and wanker) to your MalbarCACA nation exposing as you do the worst of of its facets.

BEGONE BUSTED PSYCHO CRAP - DOGSHIT - HOGWASH - BALDERDASH - FABRICATIONS - TWISTED DERANGED INSANITY artiste, FAGGOT IMPOSTOR F*CKWIT GREY PEGASUS PONY Neighing, Plagiarizing and VOMIT midget MalbarCACA Punjabi Sikh baboon deranged, demented, obsessed, moronic, cretinous NUTCASE MalbarCACA ID and posts KNICKERs FUKINGAYHOMOSEXUAL SPASTIC FUCKTURD PHAGGOT SHEMALEs, F*CKWITs, IDENTITY THIEves, PLAGIARIZERs, ROBBERs, IMPOSTORs, AGITATORs, TROUBLEMAKERs forever cowardly scum at work and VERMIN.
Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#103381 Apr 2, 2013
The cowardlyscum Bashers wrote:
<quoted text>
But you do.
There is no Beady in my diet. It causes psychosis.
Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#103382 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
You no smart@rse but Sultana of Spin!! a few raisins short of a fruitcake.
WT FOOK DO YOU THINK YOU"RE talking to inferior coolie dalit adminRentgirlboy?
GET THE FOOK OUT OF HERE - YOU ARE A DISGRACE ( and wanker) to your MalbarCACA nation exposing as you do the worst of of its facets.
BEGONE BUSTED PSYCHO CRAP - DOGSHIT - HOGWASH - BALDERDASH - FABRICATIONS - TWISTED DERANGED INSANITY artiste, FAGGOT IMPOSTOR F*CKWIT GREY PEGASUS PONY Neighing, Plagiarizing and VOMIT midget MalbarCACA Punjabi Sikh baboon deranged, demented, obsessed, moronic, cretinous NUTCASE MalbarCACA ID and posts KNICKERs FUKINGAYHOMOSEXUAL SPASTIC FUCKTURD PHAGGOT SHEMALEs, F*CKWITs, IDENTITY THIEves, PLAGIARIZERs, ROBBERs, IMPOSTORs, AGITATORs, TROUBLEMAKERs forever cowardly scum at work and VERMIN.
What!? I think you forgot to take your Thorazine today.
The cowardlyscum Bashers

Tempe, AZ

#103383 Apr 2, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no Beady in my diet. It causes psychosis.
Fool your psychosis is brought about by your daily consumption and eschewing of caca.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#103384 Apr 2, 2013
The American consumer based economy is faltering because consumers, in the most common jobs, work for low wages! America has more retail salespeople than Kentucky has citizens. It's also enough retail sales jobs to employ every man, woman and child in Wyoming, Vermont, Washington, D.C., North Dakota, Alaska and South Dakota combined. That's not necessarily surprising in an economy in which roughly 65% of the 6 million jobs added since the recession have been low wage. The Bureau of Labor Statistics announced that as of last May, the American retail salespeople at Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot, Lowe's and elsewhere have the most common job in the country. Nationwide, 4.3 million retail salespeople are making an average of $25,000, or well below the annual mean wage of $45,790. The fast food industry employs around 3.5 million workers and pays minimum wage – while CEOs receive millions in bonuses!
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/12/07/1...
FYI

Denver, CO

#103385 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
But you do.
YOU ARE RACIST, Oh well, Regards
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#103390 Apr 2, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I will. For our government is delegated the Constitutional duty of REGULATING commerce.
Huh? More gov't regulations?
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#103392 Apr 2, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. CORRECTLY applied government regulations that best serve the GENERAL WELFARE of We The People as a WHOLE. Instead of just serving the best interest of the elite few, as we see now.
For instance; No, big corporations, you are NOT transferring manufacturing overseas. For if you do, we shall TAX you into OBLIVION. Or NO, big distributors, you will NOT massively import FOREIGN goods to the detriment of the GENERAL WELFARE of We The People. For if you do, we shall TAX your imports into OBLIVION. As well as making it easier for AMERICANS to open up a business. And regulating it in such manner that it can PROFITABLY PRODUCE and EXPAND. Thus making it better for the GENERAL WELFARE by CREATING more DOMESTIC jobs.
Aren't you just a bit hysterical? Anyone can open a business today, right now, and start making (or losing) money by simply getting a business license. If you can be bothered to fill out the proper papers the Gov't will even finance it for you ... what could be easier?
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#103395 Apr 2, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have OBVIOUSLY NEVER been in business for yourself. Especially one involving domestically manufactured goods. Otherwise, you wouldn't have made such an asinine comment.
Stay off the hooch buddy ...
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#103396 Apr 2, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay off the hooch buddy ...
You should follow your own advice, and stay off the crack pipe.
levi

United States

#103397 Apr 2, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
USA
HAHAHAHA
2.5 million dangerous felons in Jail
1,286,000 Serious Violent Crimes
450,000 involving firearms
201 Justifiable Homicides(Self defence with firearm)
ROFLMAO
you must be bored, what, no children to molest?
levi

United States

#103398 Apr 2, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Get real moron, what the hell has that got to do with guns and gun safty?
If you had the brain cells to understand what you were reading you'd see that it had alot to do with it. But being a washed up liberal I can understand your point of view. You're just trolling cause , well, thats all you know to do.
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#103400 Apr 2, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a brain,'buddy'.
But THAT presumes he has the ability to do such.

What we're left with there, is the intellect of an amoeba ...

Now, that's NOT to detract from the intellectual ability of and amoeba, but all things considered, one must ask: After all is said and done, what has 'he' accomplished?

IF —and I mean 'IF'— turning whole populations into victims just waiting to happen, is supposed to be considered an 'accomplishment,' then should not Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, and others be used as the templates of what 'freedom' REALLY means?

Does 'Freedom' equate to 'slavery' in the end?

I'd like to put THAT question to a former slave in the U.S., in one of the slave states prior to the U.S. Civil War ...
The ADES OF MARCH Bashers

Providence, UT

#103402 Apr 2, 2013
Sir Bucking Fastard wrote:
<quoted text>
But THAT presumes he has the ability to do such.
What we're left with there, is the intellect of an amoeba ...
Now, that's NOT to detract from the intellectual ability of and amoeba, but all things considered, one must ask: After all is said and done, what has 'he' accomplished?
IF —and I mean 'IF'— turning whole populations into victims just waiting to happen, is supposed to be considered an 'accomplishment,' then should not Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, and others be used as the templates of what 'freedom' REALLY means?
Does 'Freedom' equate to 'slavery' in the end?
I'd like to put THAT question to a former slave in the U.S., in one of the slave states prior to the U.S. Civil War ...
Haha, an amoeba would run rings around your Topix access logs absence of brain.

You remind of crustaceans whose ganglia mini brains is where all the shit accumulates in other words shit for brains.
Sebastian

Floréal, Mauritius

#103403 Apr 2, 2013
The ADES OF MARCH Bashers wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha, an amoeba would run rings around your Topix access logs absence of brain.
You remind of crustaceans whose ganglia mini brains is where all the shit accumulates in other words shit for brains.
BEADY, you homo paedo, you are the one who MUST leave TOPIX as you have nothing to contribute in this international GLOBAL world. Fook off into you caca AFRICACALAND Hole ASAP. I know your grand dada Robert Mugabe will not allow an homo paedo like you in his country. He hates people like you as he has no time for you benders......

We need to stick the gun up YOURS and blast some amunitions!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will Sixty Senators Vote To Protect The Second ... Sun Trump your President 8
News Pistol permit fees would quadruple under the bu... Sun frankspeak 2
News GOA Addresses Congress in Favor of Concealed Ca... Feb 18 jimwildrickjr 2
News Organization Educates Women On How To Use Firearms Feb 16 Say What 1
News With Obama leaving, Congressional Republicans l... Feb 9 Shelly Bl 35
News Seventh Circuit Strikes Down Zoning Regulations... Feb 8 FormerParatrooper 1
News NJ2AS is Fighting for NJ Conceal Carry and Nati... Feb 8 jimwildrickjr 2
More from around the web