It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 4,827)

Showing posts 96,521 - 96,540 of103,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>True no WMD's were found. But you seem to have forgotten. It was saddam hussein himself who said they had them, and would use them. Also, he used wmd in the iraqi iran war, have you forgotten about that? And he used them on the kurds, have you forgotten about that?
Just bc they weren't found doesnt mean there wasnt any. He had used them twice, had you rather the world until he did it again?
Thats nonesense.
And it was the Yanks who gave them to him and the yanks who helped him get them.....have you conveniently forgotten about that....It is not Hussein stupid, it is the bombs and gas and America...

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it matters, not so much to me but to most of you yanks on here who dearly want to believe they are the ones that kicked out the Brits, dream on I say as history records it differently.... Now a win is a battle fought and a winner gets the spoils(the Brits won)...a loss is having to negotiate(the Americans) to get your country back (from the Brits who didn't give a damn about it) and a reliance that the enemy will concede to giving it to you ....The part about the hurricane... it made no difference, the president had high tailed it along with his troops and the Brits left for their want to get back to fighting a war they regarded as more important....you were just annoying mosquito's to them..... Note if it wasn't for the British commander telling his troops to only burn public buildings you wouldn't have any history left, yes I read that in Wikipedia....along with the hurricane story.
Really, seems to me like the brits tried it again, in the war of 1812 as they renigged on their treaty, and again was defeated. What negotiations are you talking about? Not saying it didnt happen, I guess I missed school that day. Anyway, that was then, this is now.
I do not speak with a british accent, nor is the union jack on my flag. To me, that says independence. That's all that matters.
I guess what I'm trying to say is is that its the total final outcome that matters.
And, we dont sing God save the Queen, that, is the final outcome.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Right the US had Japan to deal with too where as Britain only had Hitler and Britain had Russia helping them too on the eastern front dealing with Hitler too but there was British Soldiers too in the Pacific Theater.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_War
Jesus Christ man the British military and England had been devastated by years of constant bombing, you got bombed once in Pearl Harbour by the Japanese and you cry about it...you shouldn't have put all your eggs in one basket perhaps?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ man the British military and England had been devastated by years of constant bombing, you got bombed once in Pearl Harbour by the Japanese and you cry about it...you shouldn't have put all your eggs in one basket perhaps?
That man wasnt crying. He was stateing a fact.
Why are you such a bitch?
You cannot comment on anything without throwing some kind of slur.
Is that how you get your rocks off?
Is that the only satifaction you get outta life?
Seems like you cant hold a conversation without such shit, tht doesnt show intelligence, that shows someone who is pulling straws, trying to look intelligent while hideing the truth that you're the biggest nitwit here.
Every time an american says something you jump in with some jerk remark, and its only bc americans talk back to ya, I've noticed tht.
The aussies ignor you, they've had enough of your stupid shit. But we americans have to jump in, me included, we are the only ones who give you the time of day, thats why you do it.
What you dont know, fool, is we laugh at you and you're stupid remarks. We lead you like a horse to water.
We love to argue, haven't your dumb ass figured that out yet?

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Really, seems to me like the brits tried it again, in the war of 1812 as they renigged on their treaty, and again was defeated. What negotiations are you talking about? Not saying it didnt happen, I guess I missed school that day. Anyway, that was then, this is now.
I do not speak with a british accent, nor is the union jack on my flag. To me, that says independence. That's all that matters.
I guess what I'm trying to say is is that its the total final outcome that matters.
And, we dont sing God save the Queen, that, is the final outcome.
You must have missed school a lot, but then that is why we tend to think of you as being the retarded cousins of Canada...Just because you don't sing god save the queen and you don't have a union jack on your flag or you have that annoying hilbilly accent, does not mean the pilgrim fathers and mothers weren't British, silly billy.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Tm Clmns wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys love constructing Myths.. like Hollywood. The US came late to WW2 and it was the Russians that did all the heavy lifting. You got there in time to be in the photographs when the war was over... ok you did some stuff in Italy... but you came in later than everyone else.
Thank god for the Ruskies.... or you would be speaking German too.....
You guys are only good when you have bombs to drop from thousands of feet in the air.
Like Iraq, shock and awe..
Right the US came late in the European theatre that is true but Hitler and Stalin actually made a pack there for a while which the US and Britain feared but here is the US there was actually supporters of Hitler who actually built a place for Hitler to operate from after the war.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21166...

European Theatre of World War II

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Theatre...

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>That man wasnt crying. He was stateing a fact.
Why are you such a bitch?
You cannot comment on anything without throwing some kind of slur.
Is that how you get your rocks off?
Is that the only satifaction you get outta life?
Seems like you cant hold a conversation without such shit, tht doesnt show intelligence, that shows someone who is pulling straws, trying to look intelligent while hideing the truth that you're the biggest nitwit here.
Every time an american says something you jump in with some jerk remark, and its only bc americans talk back to ya, I've noticed tht.
The aussies ignor you, they've had enough of your stupid shit. But we americans have to jump in, me included, we are the only ones who give you the time of day, thats why you do it.
What you dont know, fool, is we laugh at you and you're stupid remarks. We lead you like a horse to water.
We love to argue, haven't your dumb ass figured that out yet?
You seem a tad upset?
The T_Pix Busters

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

crawlfish wrote:
DELETED
GO AWAY,, DO NOT POST - Your questionnaire is still in preparation.
Erase

Pereira, Colombia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

The T_Pix Busters wrote:
<quoted text>
F*ck off mauritian malbar homo.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem a tad upset?
no, its just tht when someone tries to debate like adults you reverse into a childish mindless nitwit capable of doing nothing but throwin insults when faced with facts your cant deny.
When that happens, that underestimates your legit arguments, makeing all previous post null and void; in other words, a waste of my time, other posters, and your time.
you're no different then that ole beady dude, you're the same difference.
Whenever you feel like you might be able to discuss and talk about something like adults, give me a yell, I aint hard to find.
Until then, enjoy your childish rants.
I'm outta here. Got a few aussies on private conversation whom actually have something important to say.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

The T_Pix Busters wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, what you writeing, a book?
The T_Pix Busters

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

who="The ADELAIDEAN FQUYTCHETEXIM4CUO TANC3KYP QUYTCHETEXIM4CUO TANC3KYP TEAM Melbourne & Footscray Australia Erase"
3 hrs ago #41

wrote :
F*ck off mauritian malbar homo.

Go stuff your face with nuffins muffins ( https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images ...)ABDUL DERPY GREY PEGASUS Real Indian Sikh deranged, lunatic bastard we know all your nics, resistance is futile, useless Topix logs accessor git

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Tm Clmns wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys love constructing Myths.. like Hollywood. The US came late to WW2 and it was the Russians that did all the heavy lifting. You got there in time to be in the photographs when the war was over... ok you did some stuff in Italy... but you came in later than everyone else.
Thank god for the Ruskies.... or you would be speaking German too.....
You guys are only good when you have bombs to drop from thousands of feet in the air.
Like Iraq, shock and awe..
this is what Britain & US feared the most prior to the US really getting involved in the European Theatre of World War II was the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact between Russia & Germany but the US was involved in Europe with the Office of Strategic Services and helped to get Stalin & Hitler to turn on one and another.

Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact

The Pact assured a non-involvement of the Soviet Union in a European War, as well as separating Germany and Japan from forming a military alliance, thus allowing Stalin to concentrate on Japan in the battles of Khalkhin Gol (Nomonhan).[2] The pact remained in effect until 22 June 1941, when Germany invaded the Soviet Union.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molotov%E2%80%93...

Office of Strategic Services

The Office of Strategic Services (OSS) was a United States intelligence agency formed during World War II. It was the wartime intelligence agency, and it was a predecessor of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). The OSS was formed in order to coordinate espionage activities behind enemy lines for the branches of the United States Armed Forces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_Strate...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Right the US came late in the European theatre that is true but Hitler and Stalin actually made a pack there for a while which the US and Britain feared but here is the US there was actually supporters of Hitler who actually built a place for Hitler to operate from after the war.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21166...
European Theatre of World War II
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Theatre...
Wasn't henry ford at one time a hitler supporter? Seems like I read that somewhere but I could be mistaken.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't henry ford at one time a hitler supporter? Seems like I read that somewhere but I could be mistaken.
Oh Yeah, Ford was Big Supporter of Hitler

In 1938 Henry Ford received the Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle as a birthday present from Adolph Hitler. He was given the medal in his office in Michigan by two officials from the Third Reich, as seen below:

http://www.history.ucsb.edu/faculty/marcuse/c...

Order of the German Eagle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Ger...

American supporters of the European Fascists

http://rationalrevolution.net/war/american_su...

Wall Street and The Rise of Hitler - Antony C. Sutton pt.1/5

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
highlander

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Americans can't be safe so long as guns are legal!

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>no, its just tht when someone tries to debate like adults you reverse into a childish mindless nitwit capable of doing nothing but throwin insults when faced with facts your cant deny.
When that happens, that underestimates your legit arguments, makeing all previous post null and void; in other words, a waste of my time, other posters, and your time.
you're no different then that ole beady dude, you're the same difference.
Whenever you feel like you might be able to discuss and talk about something like adults, give me a yell, I aint hard to find.
Until then, enjoy your childish rants.
I'm outta here. Got a few aussies on private conversation whom actually have something important to say.
So what you do when you perceive someone is behaving badly is to resort to your true self, you abuse rant and carry on like a fart in a bottle....so that is who you ARE IN TRUTH, THE REAL YOU, you want to be seen as a sane human being that debates like an adult, but you aren't one......as you have clearly proven... So onyer bike dufus.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

highlander wrote:
Americans can't be safe so long as guns are legal!
you mean Criminals can't be safe so long as guns are legal!
Ahomana

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

My huge meat curtains are starting to smell a bit.Its ok , tomorrow I will flush them out.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
No countries didn't call on you, you bullied your way there or sent your guns and bombs to creat havoc in their countries...Owning guns is not a god given right, if it is show me where it says that in any bible save the one in your mind.
Luke 22:36
Now they didn't have firearms back then, but they did have swords, which were one of the "arms" of the day.
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think that those who follow the law are wrong then move to get rid of your cops and soldiers and see how far you get with your gun...oops now all the anarchist have them....how long do you think YOU would last in such a lawless society...not long I am betting.
A hell of a lot longer than someone who has been disarmed by their own willful ignorance.
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You would not have a president or a country if the British hadn't given...yes, I said given it back to you...the British along with the Canadians had the president and his men on the run and had taken possession of the presidents mansion....You only got back your country and now white house through the generosity of the British and dare I say Canadian armies.....so how do you like them bickies buddy boy.
This coming from someone who lives on a penal colony. That's rich.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 96,521 - 96,540 of103,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Guns Forum right now

Search the Guns Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... 19 min charles in charge 6,857
Warning shot bill passes Florida Senate floor 8 hr Barack ist der ausfall 52
I, Publius: A cold, dead hand is still dead 8 hr Barack ist der ausfall 73
John Paul Stevens: What Is This Second Amendmen... Apr 16 Dan the Man Chambersburg 6
Man Claims Bullet Through His Bedroom Window Ca... (Nov '09) Apr 16 Jennifer H 27
THIBAULT: 'More bad jokes emanate from Danbury ... Apr 16 alzanape 2
Wind Farm Likely To Get Permit (Dec '10) Apr 15 Billy Bob 17
•••
•••
•••
•••