It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 4,826)

Showing posts 96,501 - 96,520 of103,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Sir Bucking Fastard wrote:
<quoted text>
And THANK YOU for further exposing YOUR COMPLETE and TOTAL INVETERATE IGNORANCE!!!
You say that "Humans were not born with tools and weapons strapped to their person (sic)."
BUT, YOU COMPLETELY, and TOTALLY neglect to remark of that facility of which all humans are born: A BRAIN.
GOT BRAINS? No, YOU DO NOT!!
Well, if YOU do possess such, then YOU CERTAINLY DO NOT evince any such with your BLATHERING!!!
Since MOST humans (yourself not included, and that would explain much) have brains, then that matter of TOOLS is foremost, amongst which would be GUNS, KNIVES, and EXPLOSIVES!!!
So then, QUEEN OF STENCH (WHEW!!!) YOU once again have LOST YOUR ARGUMENT!!!
Now, GO AWAY!!! You make me retch!!
Well if most humans were born with a brain how come so many yanks missed out.. so they need guns?

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Lord man, get s sense of humor and while you're at get a life
I have clearly shown how wonderful and witty I am on a regular basis, I laugh at you backward yankee yokels daily....what more do you want? Now where is your sense of humor?

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Sir Bucking Fastard wrote:
<quoted text>
And THANK YOU for further exposing YOUR COMPLETE and TOTAL INVETERATE IGNORANCE!!!
You say that "Humans were not born with tools and weapons strapped to their person (sic)."
BUT, YOU COMPLETELY, and TOTALLY neglect to remark of that facility of which all humans are born: A BRAIN.
GOT BRAINS? No, YOU DO NOT!!
Well, if YOU do possess such, then YOU CERTAINLY DO NOT evince any such with your BLATHERING!!!
Since MOST humans (yourself not included, and that would explain much) have brains, then that matter of TOOLS is foremost, amongst which would be GUNS, KNIVES, and EXPLOSIVES!!!
So then, QUEEN OF STENCH (WHEW!!!) YOU once again have LOST YOUR ARGUMENT!!!
Now, GO AWAY!!! You make me retch!!
PS....you really shouldn't shout so much you will have a heart attack, you do have a heart don't you?
it is hard so tell because you yanks aren't normal in the normal sense....if you get my drift pacha!
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
No countries didn't call on you, you bullied your way there or sent your guns and bombs to creat havoc in their countries...Owning guns is not a god given right, if it is show me where it says that in any bible save the one in your mind. If you think that those who follow the law are wrong then move to get rid of your cops and soldiers and see how far you get with your gun...oops now all the anarchist have them....how long do you think YOU would last in such a lawless society...not long I am betting. You would not have a president or a country if the British hadn't given...yes, I said given it back to you...the British along with the Canadians had the president and his men on the run and had taken possession of the presidents mansion....You only got back your country and now white house through the generosity of the British and dare I say Canadian armies.....so how do you like them bickies buddy boy.
Short history... Yes, the Brits did burn Washington, but failed to take Baltimore. The Brits that came down from Canada were defeated at the battle of Plattsburgh. The Brits really got their clocks cleaned at the Battle of New Orleans, British killed-386, British wounded-1521, British missing-522. American killed-55, 185 wounded, 93 missing.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
Ooops, looks like that dumb Canadian forgot where his money came from.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Short history... Yes, the Brits did burn Washington, but failed to take Baltimore. The Brits that came down from Canada were defeated at the battle of Plattsburgh. The Brits really got their clocks cleaned at the Battle of New Orleans, British killed-386, British wounded-1521, British missing-522. American killed-55, 185 wounded, 93 missing.
I know your history well enough to know the British took the presidents mansion and he Madison fled with his troops...the british returned to their ships to continue the ongoing war with Napoleon...so the Americans had to negotiate to get it back....that is the point I was making Teaman, that the Yanks didn't reign militarily supreme as they believe, the If the Brits had wanted to us their military might to control them they would have been controlled, hell even the Canadians out did them in those days because of their British alliance...The British truly couldn't be bothered hanging on to your country, they had bigger fish to fry else you would all be singing god save the Queen.:)

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops, looks like that dumb Canadian forgot where his money came from.
That isn't like you Teaman, I guess the saying about the Americans feeling inferior to the Canadians is true, they have always been the smarter country....I think it is the strong British influence that you lucked out on....:)

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I know your history well enough to know the British took the presidents mansion and he Madison fled with his troops...the british returned to their ships to continue the ongoing war with Napoleon...so the Americans had to negotiate to get it back....that is the point I was making Teaman, that the Yanks didn't reign militarily supreme as they believe, the If the Brits had wanted to us their military might to control them they would have been controlled, hell even the Canadians out did them in those days because of their British alliance...The British truly couldn't be bothered hanging on to your country, they had bigger fish to fry else you would all be singing god save the Queen.:)
Does it matter. They lost. We won. Thats like saying o, we only lost the basketball by one point, it doesnt matter, the outcome is that they lost.
Did you also know that when the brits attacked washington and set it afire that a freak hurricane came, makeing the brits retreat, and actually killed a large number of brits?
Strange, but true.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but if the US didn't enter World War 2 Britain would have been speaking German and under the control of Hitler too just like the rest of Europe was under Nazi control.

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

m 18 delhi
The LEVI Busters

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>DELETED
Who is The QUICK FIX IT TEAM Melbourne, Australia?

Who is "tagnat"

Who is Taganet342?

Where can we find him?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>True, but if the US didn't enter World War 2 Britain would have been speaking German and under the control of Hitler too just like the rest of Europe was under Nazi control.
Yes, and no. The usa did not save europe single handed. We had help. However, without the help of the usa things could have very well ended differently.
And remember too, we still had the damn japs to deal with.
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Was'nt New Orleans a French Possesion? Surely your French allies had a fight too!
Tm Clmns

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
While I cetainly have no intent on doing the whole copy-paste thing like you have I will address the main points.
Failure and REFUSAL to pass a balanced budget and running up deficits to equal the spending every other president COMBINED is the very antithesis of "Fiscal Responsibility".
Total cost of Iraq war including post war military consequent costs = 6 trillion dollars.

How fiscally responsible was that???? and there were no WMD... You are still and will forever be paying that off..
Tm Clmns

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't like you Teaman, I guess the saying about the Americans feeling inferior to the Canadians is true, they have always been the smarter country....I think it is the strong British influence that you lucked out on....:)
Actually, it is the French, Quebec influence... Both Prime Ministers: Trudeau and Cretian told the US they weren't going to join in any stupid wars...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Tm Clmns wrote:
<quoted text>
Total cost of Iraq war including post war military consequent costs = 6 trillion dollars.
How fiscally responsible was that???? and there were no WMD... You are still and will forever be paying that off..
True no WMD's were found. But you seem to have forgotten. It was saddam hussein himself who said they had them, and would use them. Also, he used wmd in the iraqi iran war, have you forgotten about that? And he used them on the kurds, have you forgotten about that?
Just bc they weren't found doesnt mean there wasnt any. He had used them twice, had you rather the world until he did it again?
Thats nonesense.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Does it matter. They lost. We won. Thats like saying o, we only lost the basketball by one point, it doesnt matter, the outcome is that they lost.
Did you also know that when the brits attacked washington and set it afire that a freak hurricane came, makeing the brits retreat, and actually killed a large number of brits?
Strange, but true.
Of course it matters, not so much to me but to most of you yanks on here who dearly want to believe they are the ones that kicked out the Brits, dream on I say as history records it differently.... Now a win is a battle fought and a winner gets the spoils(the Brits won)...a loss is having to negotiate(the Americans) to get your country back (from the Brits who didn't give a damn about it) and a reliance that the enemy will concede to giving it to you ....The part about the hurricane... it made no difference, the president had high tailed it along with his troops and the Brits left for their want to get back to fighting a war they regarded as more important....you were just annoying mosquito's to them..... Note if it wasn't for the British commander telling his troops to only burn public buildings you wouldn't have any history left, yes I read that in Wikipedia....along with the hurricane story.
Tm Clmns

Victoria, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>True, but if the US didn't enter World War 2 Britain would have been speaking German and under the control of Hitler too just like the rest of Europe was under Nazi control.
You guys love constructing Myths.. like Hollywood. The US came late to WW2 and it was the Russians that did all the heavy lifting. You got there in time to be in the photographs when the war was over... ok you did some stuff in Italy... but you came in later than everyone else.
Thank god for the Ruskies.... or you would be speaking German too.....

You guys are only good when you have bombs to drop from thousands of feet in the air.
Like Iraq, shock and awe..

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
If the Brits had have hung onto your country when they too the mansion it would be "the British you" saying that you won the war single handed, which would be more true...your forefathers were Brits you know?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and no. The usa did not save europe single handed. We had help. However, without the help of the usa things could have very well ended differently.
And remember too, we still had the damn japs to deal with.
Right the US had Japan to deal with too where as Britain only had Hitler and Britain had Russia helping them too on the eastern front dealing with Hitler too but there was British Soldiers too in the Pacific Theater.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_War

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 96,501 - 96,520 of103,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Guns Forum right now

Search the Guns Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... 17 min Aquarius-WY 6,816
Warning shot bill passes Florida Senate floor 59 min Barack ist der ausfall 52
I, Publius: A cold, dead hand is still dead 1 hr Barack ist der ausfall 73
John Paul Stevens: What Is This Second Amendmen... Wed Dan the Man Chambersburg 6
Man Claims Bullet Through His Bedroom Window Ca... (Nov '09) Wed Jennifer H 27
THIBAULT: 'More bad jokes emanate from Danbury ... Wed alzanape 2
Wind Farm Likely To Get Permit (Dec '10) Apr 15 Billy Bob 17
•••
•••
•••
•••