It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 4,775)

Showing posts 95,481 - 95,500 of103,233
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Collingwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Heather from LI wrote:
"The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<misquoted text>
Precisely, Nigger ... via Private Messaging."
Haha
Have a look at my post-count "Heather from LI". Then Google 24/7 as long as you like ... you will NEVER unearth an instance when I have used the "N-WORD" or any variation of it. I'm not about to start throwing it around now ... not even with your help.

Don't put words into my mouth please.
Barry Bali is a pedophile

Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud
Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud
Heather from LI

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a look at my post-count "Heather from LI". Then Google 24/7 as long as you like ... you will NEVER unearth an instance when I have used the "NIGGER WORD" or any variation of it. I'm not about to start throwing it around now ... not even with your help.
Why?? Are you a liberal? Do you coddle those animals?!

Since: Feb 11

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am kind of shy. Do you think I am secretive?
How about you?
Yes.

No.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, since entering this post I have read a great deal about your rights and principles and the more I learn the more ignorant you become.....it is no use having principles if the innocents aren't being protected by those same principles that you with hand on heart just pay lip service to.....Principles should be enacted to ensure the ability of safety for all, you nutters have bastardised those principles out of fear of losing your guns more than the havoc wreaked by having too many of them more suited to war zones than suburbia, they are available to all and sundry with little on no control enacted, they are bandied about willy nilly and serve no useful purpose save to make the weak and stupid seem tough and threatening, and the occasionally use of murdering living beings.
You are right about me not understanding YOUR views of those principles, because nothing could prove to me that there is any logic only greed and stupidity behind the complete and utter chaos that has resulted in your interpretation of the second ammendment, whereby you allow the flooding of streets in your country and the world with your guns and more and more deaths. It is beyond anyone's ability to reason that you or anyone who thinks like you is either logical or reasonable.
"Oh, since entering this post I have read a great deal about your rights and principles and the more I learn..."

...the more ignorant YOU become. You can't just read...you also have to comprehend the history and the context in which they where achieved. You have failed to do that as you continually prove by your lack of understanding.

"You are right about me not understanding YOUR views of those principles,..."

I know I'm right...I have been right with every post to you. Your blind, arrogant, ignorance is oozing out of every post and it affects your ability to comprehend or even attempt to see a point of view from another perspective.

Your arrogance still prevents you from acknowledging the facts that I presented to you regarding murders with rifles...and you are still wrong. The fact is murders are committed with a wide varity of objects...it isn't the objects that need our focus to try and curtail these murders...it is the actions or reasoning of the individuals involved. Why these crimes are being committed...? What are the punishments for killing another human being...? Why, in our justice system, are we convicting a man that beat his grandmother to death with a hammer, then releasing him 17 years later, where as a convicted felon he gets guns and then kills 2 fireman and wounds 2 others...? This was NOT the fault of any gun...no gun is ever at fault.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"...we will not dwell on the fact that the person that did or face that he was a law abider..."
Liar, he was a thief and a murderer BEFORE even got to the school.

A: Where is the evidence of that, I have never heard that he had a police record and you need one to be classed as a criminal or non law abider? I believe a copy or evidence of his police record will be forthcoming, or do you just call people liars and theives etc for the sake of it because you are one?...A dog smells his own bussiness first, if you get my meaning?

"...and deny in the overwhelming face of evidence..."
Speaking of denying evidence...did you know that more murders are committed with blunt objects than murders committed with ASSAULT RIFLES...did you know that there are more murders committed with hands, fists and feet than murders committed with ASSAULT RIFLES...did you know that...?...oh I think you do...but I'm sure you will have some excuse to deny the facts...again.

factual evidence Liar, Liar....Ok...waiting...bring your "excuse"...

A: I do understand why you would want to ignore and deny the evidence that debunked that nonsense, and the dubunking of the one of Hitler disarming the Jews etc that you gun loving natzi's bandy about as truth.... but I have produced the factual evidence that clearly debunked these gun propaganda myths for the lies that you weak idiots spout to gain the stupids support....now you must deal with the reality of those lies not being truths. Deal with it!
you ignorant, lying, POS, "frustrated control freak"

A: Not trying to protect the innocent little girls at school anymore are you? Have you come to face to face with the reality that to call someone a bully when you are one yourself, simple shows you up for being a hypocrite as well, tch tch!

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a look at my post-count "Heather from LI". Then Google 24/7 as long as you like ... you will NEVER unearth an instance when I have used the "N-WORD" or any variation of it. I'm not about to start throwing it around now ... not even with your help.
Everyone here knows it was the remark of an evil racist troll!
NZ is homo land

Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
"...we will not dwell on the fact that the person that did or face that he was a law abider..."
A: Where is the evidence of that, I have never heard that he had a police record and you need one to be classed as a criminal or non law abider? I believe a copy or evidence of his police record will be forthcoming, or do you just call people liars and theives etc for the sake of it because you are one?...A dog smells his own bussiness first, if you get my meaning?
Speaking of denying evidence...did you know that more murders are committed with blunt objects than murders committed with ASSAULT RIFLES...did you know that there are more murders committed with hands, fists and feet than murders committed with ASSAULT RIFLES...did you know that...?...oh I think you do...but I'm sure you will have some excuse to deny the facts...again.
A: I do understand why you would want to ignore and deny the evidence that debunked that nonsense, and the dubunking of the one of Hitler disarming the Jews etc that you gun loving natzi's bandy about as truth.... but I have produced the factual evidence that clearly debunked these gun propaganda myths for the lies that you weak idiots spout to gain the stupids support....now you must deal with the reality of those lies not being truths. Deal with it!
A: Not trying to protect the innocent little girls at school anymore are you? Have you come to face to face with the reality that to call someone a bully when you are one yourself, simple shows you up for being a hypocrite as well, tch tch!
Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Fat pig on welfare

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Oh, since entering this post I have read a great deal about your rights and principles and the more I learn..."
...the more ignorant YOU become. You can't just read...you also have to comprehend the history and the context in which they where achieved. You have failed to do that as you continually prove by your lack of understanding.
I know I'm right...I have been right with every post to you. Your blind, arrogant, ignorance is oozing out of every post and it affects your ability to comprehend or even attempt to see a point of view from another perspective.
Your arrogance still prevents you from acknowledging the facts that I presented to you regarding murders with rifles...and you are still wrong. The fact is murders are committed with a wide varity of objects...it isn't the objects that need our focus to try and curtail these murders...it is the actions or reasoning of the individuals involved. Why these crimes are being committed...? What are the punishments for killing another human being...? Why, in our justice system, are we convicting a man that beat his grandmother to death with a hammer, then releasing him 17 years later, where as a convicted felon he gets guns and then kills 2 fireman and wounds 2 others...? This was NOT the fault of any gun...no gun is ever at fault.

A: How many excuses will you find to try and justify your stance on guns? You a gun owning tit, dare to call me ignorant, that is never the case with me....I have walked to the other side and thought about how you would percieve a massacre the death of innocents protecting your family, or the idea of having your rights of owning your guns to get where and when you like taken away......and while over there I realised, you are a all gun owning bloody idiots!.....Your rights aren't being threatened and gun deaths are rising and will surpass even road accidents if they keep going on the path they are traveling....so to remove anything that can reduce those numbers of deaths like removing weapons that are not useful or required would be taking very positive action that wouldn't affect any gun owner in their law abiding pursuits.....yet No, you say...Your stance is unreasonable, ignorant, selfish,ludicrous but most of all murderous.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
"Where is the evidence of that,..."

His dead mother, in her bed, having been shot with the guns he stole from her...OR are YOU denying that he committed those crimes before he went to the school...?

"I do understand why you would want to ignore and deny the evidence that debunked that nonsense,..."

YOU haven't presented any...do not confuse the use of the term "RIFLE" as I have used and is listed in the FBI Uniform Crime Report, with the generic term "GUNS"...they are NOT one and the same...are they...?

"...and the dubunking of the one of Hitler disarming the Jews etc..."

Didn't bring it up.

"Not trying to protect the innocent little girls at school anymore are you? Have you come to face to face with the reality that to call someone a bully when you are one yourself, simple shows you up for being a hypocrite as well, tch tch..."

Sure I will...and any teacher or school that allows themselves to BULLY a student or other students to BULLY another because its OK for them...will be seeing me in their face....just like I get in your face with some of your BS you spew...ignorant, lying, POS, "frustrated control freak".

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lack of sound judgment at the expense of another poster here attracted my attention in the first place. I've been offering you an opportunity to resolve that without humiliating you like you sought to do to them. In doing so I have been extending to you more consideration than your arrogance deserved.
You still proceed as though you think your judgment surpasses mine. In this instance I have to tell you that it emphatically does not. We could have resolved tis weeks ago if you had not taken to playing "Catch me if you can" with legitimate lines of communication.
I've urged a time-honored man-to-man discussion, but it appears that you opt for:
a) Loftily characterizing attempts at discretion as "waffle".
b). Continuing to press for what you know as well as I do would degenerate into a Jerry Springer type Troll-riot within two posts. I do not feel entitled to do that to a thread in which that Trolling would all be way off topic.
By contrast you have no such respect for the topic or posters who remain committed to it.
In your own self-service you TRADE ON my reluctance to disrupt this topic for others.
Show some consideration and responsibility. Un-block your InBox.
Oh come come,,please feel free to humiliate as much as you like, I have niether asked for, or require consideration.
I may well be arrogant, but I am allso open with it.
This matter regarding another poster, it started here, so end it here. It is yourself that is self serving with your desire to be secretive,,YOU are trying to trade on my curiosity. YOU show some consideration for others and stop beating about the bush.

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone here knows it was the remark of an evil racist troll!
Yes it was,,,but I seem to remember a past post of yours when you stated that every one is a racist,, is that not so ??? what exactly did you mean ?

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Collingwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come come,,please feel free to humiliate as much as you like, I have niether asked for, or require consideration.
This matter regarding another poster, it started here, so end it here. It is yourself that is self serving with your desire to be secretive,,YOU are trying to trade on my curiosity. YOU show some consideration for others and stop beating about the bush.
I have gone out of my way to give you time to show some civility. A few seconds ago at this writing your InBox is still blocked.

Others ... are not.

Enjoy your intransigence.:)

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I have gone out of my way to give you time to show some civility. A few seconds ago at this writing your InBox is still blocked.
Others ... are not.
Enjoy your intransigence.:)
Thats it is it ? you have nothing to say ,,then why bother posting to me.

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Wow, Ive never seen so many inboxes.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
No.
A man of few words.

Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
A: How many excuses will you find to try and justify your stance on guns? You a gun owning tit, dare to call me ignorant, that is never the case with me....I have walked to the other side and thought about how you would percieve a massacre the death of innocents protecting your family, or the idea of having your rights of owning your guns to get where and when you like taken away......and while over there I realised, you are a all gun owning bloody idiots!.....Your rights aren't being threatened and gun deaths are rising and will surpass even road accidents if they keep going on the path they are traveling....so to remove anything that can reduce those numbers of deaths like removing weapons that are not useful or required would be taking very positive action that wouldn't affect any gun owner in their law abiding pursuits.....yet No, you say...Your stance is unreasonable, ignorant, selfish,ludicrous but most of all murderous.
Oink Oink Oink Its Ahomona the fat welfare pig. Whats new today on welfare street ? Eating your 9000 calories a day piggy ?

Oink Oink Oink Its Ahomona the fat welfare pig. Whats new today on welfare street ? Eating your 9000 calories a day piggy ?

Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats it is it ? you have nothing to say ,,then why bother posting to me.
You two should get a room.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone is playing hard to get.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 95,481 - 95,500 of103,233
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••