It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103293 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

“Topix is lowlife scum with no”

Since: Jun 12

respect for anyone...

#102003 Mar 5, 2013
The QUICK FIX IT TEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Begone noxious weed, your kind is not wanted in this forum.
Neither is yours.
Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#102005 Mar 5, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant!
I repeat: Don't put words into my mouth please.
We all know it wasn't you.

If anything, the moron who made that post simply displayed her low intelligence level.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#102006 Mar 5, 2013
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not my game at all,,,but you seem overly interested.
Overly interested? How about just 'interested?'

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Australia

#102007 Mar 5, 2013
Mojo wrote:
<quoted text>do you never miss an opportunity to be lily livered? Your list of posters who you percieved to have done something against you must be HUGE! LMAO. Seek phychiatric help
You really are a one-trick sock puppet aren't you.

No, the list of posters you refer to is remarkably small. So is their mojo. The only thing that is huge is their list of cowering aliases.

Get it right for once.:)

Australia

#102008 Mar 5, 2013
<quoted text>
The Ades had written:
A useless reply as it contained a calculated lie. You expect credit for THAT??

Good thing it was deleted.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#102009 Mar 5, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I had to look twice when I saw what was posted, and sure enough it was a troll....that is how well I understand how you behave here as oposed to me and a lot of the others....and the last thing we need is for us to have no standards to seek to achieve...why it would be like Sairla changing to the other side and that would be sacrilege...you keep up the good work and ignore those dumb trolls, we know you are a decent sort, Lamington, please?:)
You guys have STANDARDS?

Ha! Ha! Ha!

I was hoping Sarah would bore herself to death.

Decent sort? Sort of decent?
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#102010 Mar 5, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I am on record elsewhere in Topix as explaining at length why I believe that we have a tinge of racial prejudice in each of us. Well-intentioned individuals prefer to keep that hidden, perhaps even from themselves.
I won't labor all the nuances again in this thread.
My objection to "Heather from LI" putting the "N-word" into my mouth is twofold. Doing so misrepresents both my values and my observable track record. It could also invite a rush to judgment on where my values reside in a general scale of opinion.
I have done nothing to justify that.
If anyone feels duty-bound to fault me I'm sure they will find valid reasons without need to invent new ones.:)
When someone admits to having a TINGE of racial prejudice..........It's probably more than a TINGE.

Australia

#102011 Mar 5, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
If anything, the moron who made that post simply displayed her low intelligence level.
Thanks Teaman. I do trust the intelligence of decent posters here. It's more a matter of placing a correction on record else the only tangible record would be the untruth.:)
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#102013 Mar 5, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Her? I'm surprised at you, Teeman.
Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#102014 Mar 5, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Her? I'm surprised at you, Teeman.
It's an assumption. I don't see a male using the name Heather, but I could be wrong.:-)

Australia

#102015 Mar 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha, credit? Just shoving in your face, Loooooooooooooser.
Eat you words DIMWIT or forever be know as the biggest DICKHEAD on TOPIX and suffer the consequences.
No admission about the lie in your post? Never mind, the strain would probably put you out of action for a month anyway.
FYI

Denver, CO

#102016 Mar 5, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
No he wouldn't care for anyone but himself as most of the gun owners barely took a breath over Sandy Hook, most of the twats were out stocking up big time like it was all about them and how they could be losing their guns and using ways to turn this tragedy to their advantage by critising the government of conspiracy. The truth is they were never in danger of losing their guns they went out and stocked up as support for gun owners everywhere, to send a clear message to the government.
The message was we don't care what happened at Sandy Hook or any of the other massacre's none of us committed that crime and we will not dwell on the fact that the person that did or face that he was a law abider and he had too easy access to guns because (IT WASN'T US) he was sick a one off, it only happened because he was on medication, like it is even possible that any of those morons can give iron clad reassurance that the rest of them are sane?......The NRA brainwashed idiots didn't spend a moment in time to focus on the those that died as a result of how easy it is to get a gun and murder en masse in the good ole' USA, they find excuse after excuse and deny in the overwhelming face of evidence ....You are expecting humanity to come from souless evil people that have no heart...these law abiding gun owners scream that from the rooftops till they go posta,l and then they fall back and build a wall to defend their stupidity...against the mounting inocent boddies. They are truly mentally ill...and they use the second ammendment like a sheild against all those beautiful inocent people around them....
YOU ARE A RACIST!! Regards

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#102017 Mar 5, 2013
I disagree, it's the stupid guns.
Mojo

Australia

#102018 Mar 5, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are a one-trick sock puppet aren't you.
No, the list of posters you refer to is remarkably small. So is their mojo. The only thing that is huge is their list of cowering aliases.
Get it right for once.:)
Get it right for once? OK, You are hilarious! Hows that!

theres this

The ADELAIDEAN wrote: Contrary to popular belief, guys are not cookie-cut.

First you have to decide what present the guy himself represents to you. Then select a present that is in harmony with that first present.

What do you value in your guy? His embrace? His protectiveness? His willingness to listen? Is he a wiz in the kitchen? His attitude around kids? His effectiveness as a handyman? His sense of Humour? His energy at sport or as a gardener? His prowess in bed? The list goes on.

What positive quality about him comes to your mind first? Compliment him on that quality by targeting it with the gift you select.:)

and this

You had a lot invested and got burned yourself didn't you. You didn't learn though. It was only a matter of time before you tried it again and with even less success. Why are you still here ... slow day at the Tuna Farm? Never mind. Keep talking. This is getting more interesting.

getting more interesting alright retard!

how about your formidable detective skills!! LMAO keep those classics coming

Australia

#102020 Mar 5, 2013
Mojo wrote:
<quoted text>Get it right for once? OK, You are hilarious! Hows that!
theres this [ DELIRIUM DELETED ]
When all else fails grope for a random copy-paste. The only thing I derive from the irrelevance of your post is that you have some hateful little Burr under your saddle. But it's too off-topic and incoherent for me to bother with at this hour. So you've wasted yet another post.

Australia

#102021 Mar 5, 2013
Mojo wrote:
<quoted text>Get it right for once? OK, You are hilarious![ DELIRIUM DELETED ]
PS., perhaps you should parade your grievances in their proper context?

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/TK...

All part of the service.:)

Australia

#102022 Mar 5, 2013
<quoted text>
DICKHEAD Loooooooooooooser?
Now you're almost mute. That's progress!!

http://tinyurl.com/ctdmf8w

“Topix is lowlife scum with no”

Since: Jun 12

respect for anyone...

#102023 Mar 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Go away levi
Which proves my point exactly.
Even on a good day you don't have a clue, cockhead.

“The ADELAIDEAN'S Sourcer”

The Cosmos

#102024 Mar 5, 2013
Mojo wrote:
Get it right for once?
DICKHEAD Loooooooooooooser?
Log Entry:
Earthlings "Mojo" and "The QUICK FIX IT TEAM" detected behaving erratically.

Action:
Prepare to abduct and scan for brain faults.

Supplementary:
Beam up Earthling "The ADELAIDEAN" for Lamington recharge and desecration of coconut.
Mojo

Australia

#102025 Mar 5, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
have a lamington :-0

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should they teach this in schools? Mon okimar 3
News FPC Vows Legal Action on Approved California As... Aug 4 jimwildrickjr 1
News WVa AG: Manchin Should Resign Dem Leadership Role Aug 4 JohnInLa 3
News The NRA And The Worst Ad You May Ever See Jul 31 Red Crosse 185
History of the .233 Remington Jul 31 SummerBB8 1
News Heidi Harris: CCW's On The Rise Jul 29 Get Out 2
News Country singer Scotty McCreery cited for Jul 25 Been There Done That 4
More from around the web