It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103292 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#101884 Mar 4, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
We wear thongs because they go well with bikini's and budgie smugglers and suit our lifestyle which is sun, sand and surf....slippers would just fill up with sand.....so it is more about praticality than appearance.
I cannot stop fueding or debating with idiots like Marauder because people like him who rate inanimate objects and beliefs in false principles before living breathing beings.
Thongs? Do you mean underwear?

Budgie smugglers? What is that?
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#101885 Mar 4, 2013
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
I scroll straight past the post's of which you speak,,,so should you.
If you wish to consider me a troll, then so be it. I have read and posted here since 2011 out of interest and amusement. I consider all posters should have the opportunity to see what is disscused, and comment if they wish to. So once again, say what's on your mind and do stop waffling,,,oh and by the way,,your reluctance to speak your mind for all to see say's much about your accountability.
You two should rendezvous.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Australia

#101887 Mar 4, 2013
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
I scroll straight past the post's of which you speak,,,so should you.
If you wish to consider me a troll, then so be it. I have read and posted here since 2011 out of interest and amusement. I consider all posters should have the opportunity to see what is disscused, and comment if they wish to. So once again, say what's on your mind and do stop waffling,,,oh and by the way,,your reluctance to speak your mind for all to see say's much about your accountability.
Your lack of sound judgment at the expense of another poster here attracted my attention in the first place. I've been offering you an opportunity to resolve that without humiliating you like you sought to do to them. In doing so I have been extending to you more consideration than your arrogance deserved.

You still proceed as though you think your judgment surpasses mine. In this instance I have to tell you that it emphatically does not. We could have resolved tis weeks ago if you had not taken to playing "Catch me if you can" with legitimate lines of communication.

I've urged a time-honored man-to-man discussion, but it appears that you opt for:

a) Loftily characterizing attempts at discretion as "waffle".

b). Continuing to press for what you know as well as I do would degenerate into a Jerry Springer type Troll-riot within two posts. I do not feel entitled to do that to a thread in which that Trolling would all be way off topic.

By contrast you have no such respect for the topic or posters who remain committed to it.

In your own self-service you TRADE ON my reluctance to disrupt this topic for others.

Show some consideration and responsibility. Un-block your InBox.

Australia

#101888 Mar 4, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You two should rendezvous.
Precisely, Guppy ... via Private Messaging.
Malbar is gay central

Orlando, FL

#101889 Mar 4, 2013
Get a life Guppy you f*cking waste of space. You and fat pig welfare theif ahomona sound like the same person.

Get a life Guppy you f*cking waste of space. You and fat pig welfare theif ahomona sound like the same person.

Malbar is gay central

Orlando, FL

#101890 Mar 4, 2013

Malbar is gay central

Orlando, FL

#101891 Mar 4, 2013

Heather from LI

Bethel, CT

#101892 Mar 4, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely, Nigger ... via Private Messaging.
Haha
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#101893 Mar 4, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
No he wouldn't care for anyone but himself as most of the gun owners barely took a breath over Sandy Hook, most of the twats were out stocking up big time like it was all about them and how they could be losing their guns and using ways to turn this tragedy to their advantage by critising the government of conspiracy. The truth is they were never in danger of losing their guns they went out and stocked up as support for gun owners everywhere, to send a clear message to the government.
The message was we don't care what happened at Sandy Hook or any of the other massacre's none of us committed that crime and we will not dwell on the fact that the person that did or face that he was a law abider and he had too easy access to guns because (IT WASN'T US) he was sick a one off, it only happened because he was on medication, like it is even possible that any of those morons can give iron clad reassurance that the rest of them are sane?......The NRA brainwashed idiots didn't spend a moment in time to focus on the those that died as a result of how easy it is to get a gun and murder en masse in the good ole' USA, they find excuse after excuse and deny in the overwhelming face of evidence ....You are expecting humanity to come from souless evil people that have no heart...these law abiding gun owners scream that from the rooftops till they go posta,l and then they fall back and build a wall to defend their stupidity...against the mounting inocent boddies. They are truly mentally ill...and they use the second ammendment like a sheild against all those beautiful inocent people around them....
"...we will not dwell on the fact that the person that did or face that he was a law abider..."

Liar, he was a thief and a murderer BEFORE even got to the school.

"...and deny in the overwhelming face of evidence..."

Speaking of denying evidence...did you know that more murders are committed with blunt objects than murders committed with ASSAULT RIFLES...did you know that there are more murders committed with hands, fists and feet than murders committed with ASSAULT RIFLES...did you know that...?...oh I think you do...but I'm sure you will have some excuse to deny the facts...again.

Ok...waiting...bring your "excuse"...you ignorant, lying, POS, "frustrated control freak".
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#101894 Mar 4, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
We wear thongs because they go well with bikini's and budgie smugglers and suit our lifestyle which is sun, sand and surf....slippers would just fill up with sand.....so it is more about praticality than appearance.
I cannot stop fueding or debating with idiots like Marauder because people like him who rate inanimate objects and beliefs in false principles before living breathing beings.
It was living breathing beings that gave us those "principles" that YOU call false...of course YOU have no concept of their meaning as you are irrelevant...and have "no standing" in regards to our Constitution and our laws. It was those same living and breathing beings...that used those "inanimate objects" to secure our freedoms, rights and liberties

Maybe you could go ask your . "...dumb arse yankee friend taught me..."...to explain it to you…but I wouldn’t hold out much hope.

Since: Dec 10

Geraldton, Australia

#101895 Mar 4, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thongs? Do you mean underwear?
Budgie smugglers? What is that?
Thongs I should imagine, are flip flops, a type of open toed rubber , to you yanks?
Budgie smugglers are a minute male swim cossie, with nowhere to hide the size of your family jewels. ie: the term budgie(tiny bird) smuglers (attempting to hide) Funny, cause when you see one you, would get my meaning. look it up on google, and get yourself an eyeful :)

Geraldton, Australia

#101896 Mar 4, 2013
shoe.... :(
Barry Bali is a pedophile

Burshtyn, Ukraine

#101897 Mar 4, 2013

Get a life Guppy you f*cking waste of space. You and fat pig welfare theif ahomona sound like the same person

Geraldton, Australia

#101898 Mar 4, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
It was living breathing beings that gave us those "principles" that YOU call false...of course YOU have no concept of their meaning as you are irrelevant...and have "no standing" in regards to our Constitution and our laws. It was those same living and breathing beings...that used those "inanimate objects" to secure our freedoms, rights and liberties
Maybe you could go ask your . "...dumb arse yankee friend taught me..."...to explain it to you…but I wouldn’t hold out much hope.
Oh, since entering this post I have read a great deal about your rights and principles and the more I learn the more ignorant you become.....it is no use having principles if the innocents aren't being protected by those same principles that you with hand on heart just pay lip service to.....Principles should be enacted to ensure the ability of safety for all, you nutters have bastardised those principles out of fear of losing your guns more than the havoc wreaked by having too many of them more suited to war zones than suburbia, they are available to all and sundry with little on no control enacted, they are bandied about willy nilly and serve no useful purpose save to make the weak and stupid seem tough and threatening, and the occasionally use of murdering living beings.
You are right about me not understanding YOUR views of those principles, because nothing could prove to me that there is any logic only greed and stupidity behind the complete and utter chaos that has resulted in your interpretation of the second ammendment, whereby you allow the flooding of streets in your country and the world with your guns and more and more deaths. It is beyond anyone's ability to reason that you or anyone who thinks like you is either logical or reasonable.

Burshtyn, Ukraine

#101899 Mar 4, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, since entering this post I have read a great deal about your rights and principles and the more I learn the more ignorant you become.....it is no use having principles if the innocents aren't being protected by those same principles that you with hand on heart just pay lip service to.....Principles should be enacted to ensure the ability of safety for all, you nutters have bastardised those principles out of fear of losing your guns more than the havoc wreaked by having too many of them more suited to war zones than suburbia, they are available to all and sundry with little on no control enacted, they are bandied about willy nilly and serve no useful purpose save to make the weak and stupid seem tough and threatening, and the occasionally use of murdering living beings.
You are right about me not understanding YOUR views of those principles, because nothing could prove to me that there is any logic only greed and stupidity behind the complete and utter chaos that has resulted in your interpretation of the second ammendment, whereby you allow the flooding of streets in your country and the world with your guns and more and more deaths. It is beyond anyone's ability to reason that you or anyone who thinks like you is either logical or reasonable.
Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Australia

#101900 Mar 4, 2013
Heather from LI wrote:
"The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<misquoted text>
Precisely, Nigger ... via Private Messaging."
Haha
Have a look at my post-count "Heather from LI". Then Google 24/7 as long as you like ... you will NEVER unearth an instance when I have used the "N-WORD" or any variation of it. I'm not about to start throwing it around now ... not even with your help.

Don't put words into my mouth please.

Burshtyn, Ukraine

#101901 Mar 4, 2013
Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud
Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud

Welfare Fraud
Heather from LI

Bethel, CT

#101902 Mar 4, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a look at my post-count "Heather from LI". Then Google 24/7 as long as you like ... you will NEVER unearth an instance when I have used the "NIGGER WORD" or any variation of it. I'm not about to start throwing it around now ... not even with your help.
Don't put words into my mouth please.
Why?? Are you a liberal? Do you coddle those animals?!

Since: Feb 11

Huntingdon, UK

#101903 Mar 4, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am kind of shy. Do you think I am secretive?
How about you?
Yes.

No.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#101905 Mar 4, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
"Oh, since entering this post I have read a great deal about your rights and principles and the more I learn..."

...the more ignorant YOU become. You can't just read...you also have to comprehend the history and the context in which they where achieved. You have failed to do that as you continually prove by your lack of understanding.

"You are right about me not understanding YOUR views of those principles,..."

I know I'm right...I have been right with every post to you. Your blind, arrogant, ignorance is oozing out of every post and it affects your ability to comprehend or even attempt to see a point of view from another perspective.

Your arrogance still prevents you from acknowledging the facts that I presented to you regarding murders with rifles...and you are still wrong. The fact is murders are committed with a wide varity of objects...it isn't the objects that need our focus to try and curtail these murders...it is the actions or reasoning of the individuals involved. Why these crimes are being committed...? What are the punishments for killing another human being...? Why, in our justice system, are we convicting a man that beat his grandmother to death with a hammer, then releasing him 17 years later, where as a convicted felon he gets guns and then kills 2 fireman and wounds 2 others...? This was NOT the fault of any gun...no gun is ever at fault.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paxton's acceptance of shootings is unacceptable Sat youll shoot your ... 1
Texas mass shooting Nov 11 Canlendyou 13
News Massachusetts 1st to ban bump stocks since Vega... Nov 11 Watchdog 3
News Existing laws should have stopped shooter Nov 10 payme 1
News Texas Attorney General: The way to stop mass sh... Nov 9 Brenda Lasley 16
30-06 (7.62X63) vs .308 (7.62X51) (Feb '11) Nov 7 Charlie 122
News Packing pistols: Is Texas safer with more licen... (Jul '11) Nov 6 Free Farts 12
More from around the web