It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103299 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#101724 Mar 3, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
BS! My son won. You must not be a parent willing to stand up and defend your own children.
Oh yeah? Been there done that.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Launceston, Australia

#101725 Mar 3, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very funny. Did you know they were only kidding?
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/TI...

:)

Since: Dec 10

Geraldton, Australia

#101726 Mar 3, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, etc. Are You Married? Why Are You Afraid To Answer The Question? You've been married more than once.
I see your 'Diggers' shot two innocent boys. How do your "diggers' compare to the Navy Seals? First, they should change their name ASAP. Digger the Dog. Remember him?
Stop hiding and answer the question about being married. Are you a lesbian? That could be it! That's no reason to be embarrassed. Do you have a special someone (girl)? Aww. Cute. You two get along?
Yep!

Geraldton, Australia

#101727 Mar 3, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away. Even they will tell you that on emergency calls they will get there in time to do the paper work and call for clean up. So you aren't that far off...you're just ignorant (as normal) on the dedication of police officers.
Seriously you are joking right....you shit on your government ok everyone does that, but you shit on the guys on the front line, only an ungrateful idiot does that? Now (god knows) cops aren't perfect but they do lay their lives on the line daily in every country for others, and to get the kind of biased, bigoted ungratelful lack of support in a country that thinks it's citizens don't need them simply because they have their guns and they can handle themselves in any situation, seems a tad harsh.......Get rid of all the cops then, and do the job yourselves and see how that works for you?.....With your attitudes of you gun owning tits you should be gratefull anyone enough to show up and do the paperwork.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#101728 Mar 3, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep!
Yep to what? You shouldn't play games. It's not fair to me.

Geraldton, Australia

#101730 Mar 3, 2013
Guppy wrote:
Ahomaniac is probably sleeping off another crazy night of drunkeness and debauchery.
Sleep tight Ahomaniac. Don't let the bed bugs bite! I hope they get you good.
I bet she dreaming of living in America. Poor Ahomaniac, it will never happen. You are stuck in Perth.
Good night.
Had a great night with family and after they left the rest of us put up the projector and watched Munich, Eric Banner was great!
You forget I have been to America fish and a number of other places around the world and I am afraid though there are many beautiful places none of them compare weather wise, I don't deal well where the weather drops below 10 degrees in the winter....so Perth is just Pethfect.

Geraldton, Australia

#101731 Mar 3, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I did? How?
I think Teaman is refering to the fact that there are certain clueless nuts similar to yourself that I like to have fun with.....and educate on the way if it is at all possible?.... To be honest you are quite tame, and I like more of a fight and a challenge, to really bring out the best in me. Attacking you is like stepping on a taddy....and that is just mean.

Geraldton, Australia

#101732 Mar 3, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You went to the trouble of making? an avatar. The info part goes hand in hand.
I like to be anonymous. Keeps me out of trouble.???
I don't think a lack of an avitar is the reason you remain anonymous.

Geraldton, Australia

#101733 Mar 3, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
This anti-gun attitude and zero tolerance BS has now turned into bullying by school staff and tolerance of student bullying when it suits their agenda. I hope more people will stand up against this BS and get in the face of the teachers...the principle...and the school board that condones this type of action.
If you're not willing to stand up for your own kids...who will you stand up for...?
Seriously in the post Sandy Hook masacre how stupid is her grandparent? At that age how is it that the parents allowed her to take that article to school, they seem a bit lapse in their care of her...and a kid that pulls his finger out and points it and says pow is a child from idiot parents.....seriously real kids have been murdered and here are these parents not protecting their children from the consequences of actions they are not aware of .....the actions of the teachers may be extreme but this is damned if you do and damned if you don't mentality or does no one remember the aids in kindergarten scare....the fear will abate till then parents need to use their fecking heads and understand what they are dealing with here and not complaing about the treatment when they fail to do their jobs as parents...
Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#101734 Mar 3, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Had a great night with family and after they left the rest of us put up the projector and watched Munich, Eric Banner was great!
You forget I have been to America fish and a number of other places around the world and I am afraid though there are many beautiful places none of them compare weather wise, I don't deal well where the weather drops below 10 degrees in the winter....so Perth is just Pethfect.
You may have to explain that is 10 degrees Celsius.:-)

Geraldton, Australia

#101735 Mar 3, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not helpful...it was pure bullying by the school staff. It's a form of indoctrination of the children by vilifying anything that resembles a gun or used as a gun...like pointing a finger. Any parent that faces this with their child needs to get in the face of the teacher...and the school staff and school board and tell them enough is enough...their bullying tactics are over and will not be tolerated.
Pulling a finger at another kid and saying pow is bullying you dick head, that kid is threatening another child with death, finger now gun later, where the feck does a kid get the idea that this behaviour is acceptable....hang on....by those around him that should be teaching him to respect others....his parents...shut the feck up, you idiot....

Geraldton, Australia

#101736 Mar 3, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I just heard a story on Friday about a kid facing a two-day suspension for nibbling his PopTart into the shape of a gun. We are truly doomed.
LOL. Genuine Link please that isn't from a shooter forum....

Geraldton, Australia

#101737 Mar 3, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting...did you know that more murders are committed with blunt objects than murders committed with a rifle...?
Take everything out of the house that you can pickup or swing with one hand...ok..?
Oh wait...did you know that more murders are committed with hands, fists and feet than murders committed with a rifle...?
Starting at birth...every child will have their hands and feet amputated...think that will work...?
After all...it's just a matter of time...right...? Don't we need to do that...to "save the children"...?
What a load of propagandarist shite, wipe your chin Marauder... http://blogs.e-rockford.com/applesauce/2013/0...
Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#101738 Mar 3, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Pulling a finger at another kid and saying pow is bullying you dick head, that kid is threatening another child with death, finger now gun later, where the feck does a kid get the idea that this behaviour is acceptable....hang on....by those around him that should be teaching him to respect others....his parents...shut the feck up, you idiot....
You never played pull my finger in school?:-)

Geraldton, Australia

#101740 Mar 3, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You never played pull my finger in school?:-)
YES I did :)

Geraldton, Australia

#101741 Mar 3, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep to what? You shouldn't play games. It's not fair to me.
Bummer!
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#101742 Mar 3, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You THINK your son won.
Yeah...I know he did...why..?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#101743 Mar 3, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Clown? I've been called worse.
No doubt.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#101744 Mar 3, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as the pop tart is concerned. Everything in schools is different now. You have to go with the flow, or you will have a coronary.
It's too bad for the little boy. I guess they made an example of him.
Pop-tart? Great breakfast.
Yeah...and it would be time to make an example of the teacher and the school and the school board as well.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#101745 Mar 3, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah? Been there done that.
Yeah...how many times do you need to reply to one post...?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Appeals court upholds MD assault weapons ban 4 hr POP 28
News Court: Banning Doctors From Asking About Firear... 22 hr payme 5
[ Uga-Buga Turbans and Commie Pink Hats ] Sat Buddy Baker 1
News With Obama leaving, Congressional Republicans l... Feb 22 WasteWater 38
News Those Who Plan and Enjoy Murder Feb 21 justice 1
News Pennsylvanians ask feds to help disarm intimida... (Aug '13) Feb 21 Sisboi Markie 22
News Will Sixty Senators Vote To Protect The Second ... Feb 19 Trump your President 8
More from around the web