It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,342

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Read more
dirtbag

Australia

#101464 Mar 1, 2013
lol! yakees coul not get any more ridiculous; now even the dogs are shooting their masters with guns.
I just read that a dog shot his owner in the leg with a gun.
Do dogs also have the divine right to bear arms.? in yankeeland
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#101465 Mar 1, 2013
dirtbag wrote:
lol! yakees coul not get any more ridiculous; now even the dogs are shooting their masters with guns.
^^^^^^^^^^ CERTIFIED AUSSHOLE ^^^^^^^^

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#101466 Mar 1, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>Thats true, but dont you find it ironic that obama, whom hates guns and our second admendment, has done more for gun ownership then any other president before him? LMAO----At least he did something right, even if it was accidental.
That would be called "unintended consequenses" on his part. Ad I wouldn't go so far as to say he "did something right". It is all just a reaction to his actions.
FYI

Arvada, CO

#101467 Mar 1, 2013
YOU ARE A RACIST !!! Sorry, must be the Pregressive in me. Seemed like an appropiate responce. OH well, Regards

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#101468 Mar 1, 2013
dirtbag wrote:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ElCkT3IXDLM/TdyHbby...

http://media.beta.photobucket.com/user/BellaW... [term]=machine%20gun%20kitty &filters[primary]=images &filters[secondary]=videos &sort=1&o=13#/user/Bel laWest925/media/Just%20for%20L aughs/machine_gun_cat.gif.html ?filters%5Bterm%5D=machine%20g un%20kitty&filters%5Bprima ry%5D=images&filters%5Bsec ondary%5D=videos&sort=1 &o=13&_suid=1362155116 50908824171744971625
NEWS JUST IN

Carrum Downs, Australia

#101469 Mar 1, 2013
9-Year-Old Boy, Dead After Shooting Himself With Father's Gun In Ohio
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/27/seba...

And as "dirtbag" mentioned above, a DOG SHOT ITS OWNER in Florida the other day!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH AHAHAHAHA!!

USA!!

USA!!

USA!!

USA!!

JERRY!!

JERRY!!

JERRY!!

JERRY!!

ROFLMAO!!

Since: Feb 13

United States

#101470 Mar 1, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be called "unintended consequenses" on his part. Ad I wouldn't go so far as to say he "did something right". It is all just a reaction to his actions.
Thats true, but it doesnt matter one way or the other, the outcome still helped our cause. It did/is increaseing gun ownership, and americans are wakeing up.
Remember----------if there had been gun control in the 1700s there wouldnt have been an american revolution.
We owe our freedom to those simple men, farmers, everyday citizens who took up arms and fought the tyrant of England, perhaps thats why obama wants our guns now, he realizes that americans are getting tire of his trying to destroy our freedoms.
A government that tries to ban arms from its citizens, is a govt afraid of its citizens.
And thats the way it should be, the govt should fear the people.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#101471 Mar 1, 2013
levi wrote:
A government that tries to ban guns is a govt afraid of its citizens.
Americans are getting tired of the govt whittleing away at their freedoms, and the govt knows this, thats why they are yelling gun control.
With all the talk of secession and revolution they are simply trying to head it off.
Just remember, if there had been control, the american revolution would have never happened and we would be flying the union jack.
Gov't is not trying to ban guns - you fall off your pink unicorn again yemoron!!
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#101472 Mar 1, 2013
Gun control out of control.
State indoctrination at its best.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#101473 Mar 1, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
The D.C. gun ban really worked, just ask James Brady.
Good Point.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#101474 Mar 1, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Gov't is not trying to ban guns - you fall off your pink unicorn again yemoron!!
No one is attempting to ban, so called, assault rifles?

United States

#101475 Mar 1, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually when someone results in name calling that means they have nothing to add to the conversation. So what you doing here?
Ever heard of the income tax? That was suppose to be only a tempt thing, but the govt didnt stop there. Thats just one example.
You honestly think the govt will stop once they get started.
Why you think we have the 2nd admendment? Do you even have the slightest idea what there is even a 2nd admendment?
Look what happened in russia when the guns were baned.
Look what happened in germany when the guns were baned.
And it all started a lil at a time.
Did you see the speech your president made about gun control, all the while he had children all around him.
Get a clip of adolph hitler in his 1935 speech on guns, look what is surrounding him, children.
It was almost a perfect exact picture of what obama was doing.
You're entitled to your freedom of speech, and opinion, but just remember this; you are enjoying those freedoms bc of some gun carrying crazy yank.

United States

#101476 Mar 1, 2013
Oh, its you, the troll spoko, I never looked to see whom I was replying to the first time. If I had looked I wouldnt had wasted my time. As I want do it from this time foreward.
Btw, whats wrong with pink? I'd rather be a pink american then a yellow liberal coward any day.
Ghoster

Fort Smith, AR

#101477 Mar 1, 2013

I find it so funny that Brits and Aussies talk about American Gun Violence but never talk about their home invasions issues. You have low gun Violence but the crime index shows America at a 53.44 and Australia is at a 44.44 index. The funny part of that is the US population is around 314 million. Australia is equal to Texas Population. Australia really has more crime with or without guns. Nothing for them to be laughing and bragging about.
GoGoBar

Bangkok, Thailand

#101478 Mar 1, 2013
Rupert will get angry soon.
Listen to your master.\
Repent and reform.
Rupublicans only can defeat the negra. By imitating him.
Go rublican Negras. You have a shot.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#101479 Mar 1, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter if it is over 300 million or 400 million, the point I am making is that the officers that have to attend a call out should take their time getting there because the gun owners reckon they are not needed, and the cops would be committing suicide knowing every idiot in America has a gun, is that not so?
Are you saying that every American has a gun?

The Aussie government won't let you people have guns. 99% of you aren't wrapped too tight. They are doing you a favor.

Every American has a gun??

IF you are a woman and would like to find a nice man - you need to come here. Tons of nice men here. Boggles the mind.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#101480 Mar 1, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
How many pairs of shoes do you own? More than one? Why?
Shoes? Not many. Kind of a tomboy.

Why? Dunno

Are you a police officer type person?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#101481 Mar 1, 2013
crawlfish wrote:
<quoted text>You need to use a little common sense. You're thinking,math wise, that's it one gun per person. Hell, some people dont own a gun, some own one, I have more guns then you have fingers, toes, and teeth; some people own a hell of alot more then that.
There's the answer to your math problem.
Oh?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#101482 Mar 1, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Of that 310 million people, only about 90 million own guns (with more being added every day).
How do you know such information?

Do you work for the U.S. Government?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#101483 Mar 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
You are relevent now,\Cmon give us the dirty!
Pleaaase!
What do you mean by relevant?

Could be too risqué for yous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suspect in Arizona Shooting Spree a White Supre... 1 hr payme 60
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) 22 hr swedenforever 108
News Concealed weapons law costing Idaho colleges $3... Thu The real zeke 51
News New and Expanded Online Resource Details Fatal ... Thu payme 12
News Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) Mar 25 CTM 12,176
News US considers banning type of popular rifle ammu... Mar 25 Cat74 137
News If not Congress, Obama should reject bill on co... Mar 24 Denny CranesPlace 23
More from around the web