It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103292 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Since: Feb 11

Cambridge, UK

#100451 Feb 20, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are skirting the issue.
Nearly means almost. So to say there are almost as many gun shops as drug stores is a lie. Your tv station lied. They made it up. And now you are grasping at straws. It makes you look silly and desperate to prove a point. Is that an Australian thing?
I'm waiting for you to tell me how many gun shops vs how many drug stores there are. Even if you knew you wouldn't say, because you can't bear the thought of being wrong.
You're insecurity is laughable.
I want to be American. You do too. It's a shame because you will never be allowed. Maybe you could move to China, that is if they will accept you.
So you are wrong once again. Don't be so hard on yourself, it happens to pathetic people all the time.
Wise up.
That's a pretty aggresive responce Guppy,,, your normally so jolly.

Since: Feb 11

Cambridge, UK

#100452 Feb 20, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
If I don't respond to your post it is because you become pedantic even when a point is proven ie: the fruit cake with nuts in it, you failed to take it's meaning where I was saying you are insane. Note it's origins which are British, assuming you are one. Maybe this will clear it up, as you don't seem to want to take the womens cookbook bible as gospel.
Please take note what it says before you respond as it proves beyond doubt that fruit cakes can and do include nuts.....:)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit_cake
There is good reason to be pedantic, I understood your implication and handed it back to you. I know the origins of the recipe are British, I have allready said as much.
The point I have tried to get across to you and you are determined to fail to understand is this, your book is wrong, my book is wrong, they are all wrong. Now I did mention the law, you have had ample oppourtunity to make me look a fool by presenting a few case studies on the subject.
Unlike yourself or your pal Ade, I and many others find the definition of words and the context in which they are used of some importance. I have made a point here that you either deliberatley cannot see or just miss,we all suffer from the odd bout of human error even you Pet.the cake has nothing to do with anything and is unimportant. The subject (RIGHTS) is a different matter.

Your assumption that I am British is correct,,but then I have pointed this out on several occasions when called a Yank.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#100453 Feb 20, 2013
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is good reason to be pedantic, I understood your implication and handed it back to you. I know the origins of the recipe are British, I have allready said as much.
The point I have tried to get across to you and you are determined to fail to understand is this, your book is wrong, my book is wrong, they are all wrong. Now I did mention the law, you have had ample oppourtunity to make me look a fool by presenting a few case studies on the subject.
Unlike yourself or your pal Ade, I and many others find the definition of words and the context in which they are used of some importance. I have made a point here that you either deliberatley cannot see or just miss,we all suffer from the odd bout of human error even you Pet.the cake has nothing to do with anything and is unimportant. The subject (RIGHTS) is a different matter.
Your assumption that I am British is correct,,but then I have pointed this out on several occasions when called a Yank.
I suppose you are an experienced enough cook to bring out your own cookbook and put all those other naughty cooks back in their places I can't wait to see your version for a fruit cake? I am never wrong arachnid, as I proved with that wonderful CWA recipe for fruit cake with nuts and a encyclopedia that claimed fruit cakes are made using fruit and nuts etc....just thought I would mention that again as you have a hard time adjusting to the truth of it even to the point of saying they are all wrong, which is irrelevant as the original post asked me to produce a recipe with them in it and guess what, I did. Bummer for you.
MALBARcaccaPunja bi

Pune, India

#100454 Feb 20, 2013
I smell of PUNJABI
The Fixers

San Jose, CA

#100455 Feb 20, 2013
MALBARcaccaPunjabi wrote:
I smell of PUNJABI
We know now piss off back to your HINDUSTINK forum.
MALBARcaccaPunja bi

Pune, India

#100456 Feb 20, 2013
The Fixers wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you come and fix my bum ?
Its broken.
And my Punjab doctor is busy pooing and cant come to fix it.
MabarCACA Controllers

Luton, UK

#100457 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Can you come and fix my bum ?
Its broken.
And my Punjab doctor is busy pooing and cant come to fix it.
Idiotic mentally disturbed inferior MalbarCACA Pilon Bumchod Indosomething Balmiki Bhangi BABOON midget turd - we want the real JB not you.

GO AWAY.
MALBARcaccaPunja bi

Pune, India

#100458 Feb 20, 2013
The Fixers wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you like an all expenses paid trip to kiss my bum ?

Now get back to your fixers is poof forum.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Australia

#100459 Feb 20, 2013
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike yourself or your pal Ade, I and many others find the definition of words and the context in which they are used of some importance.
With all respect due, old chap, you're talking pompous hogwash!

For a start it was I who had been striving to get you to acknowledge the importance of context. It was I who cautioned against failing to distinguish between occasions when pedantry is necessary and occasions when it inhibits insight. I even got trolled for saying it. Now at what you think is a safe distance of time you try to put words into my mouth retrospectively.

BTW, is it "possible" yet for you to re-enable your Private Message settings? Or are you still going to insist that there is never a place for commonsense discretion?
The Fixers

San Jose, CA

#100460 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
How would you like an all expenses paid trip to kiss my bum ?
Now get back to your fixers is poof forum.
We second MC's comments:

Idiotic mentally disturbed inferior MalbarCACA Pilon Bumchod Indosomething Balmiki Bhangi BABOON midget turd - we want the real JB not you.

GO AWAY.
MALBARcaccaPunja bi

Pune, India

#100461 Feb 20, 2013
The Fixers wrote:
<quoted text>
We second MC's comments:
GO AWAY.
Go suck MC tiny peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenis you homo.
MALBARcaca shapeshifters

Chermside, Australia

#100462 Feb 20, 2013
The Fixers wrote:
<quoted text>
We second MC's comments:
GO AWAY.
JB is in intensive care with a sore botty, you're next

http://www.gaymenlove.net/uploads/20910/asian...
MALBARcaccaPunja bi

Pune, India

#100463 Feb 20, 2013
Fixers loves sore butt cheeks.
He has butt sex 100 times each week.
But he cant speak English because all the anal sex makes him lose memory.
The Fixers

San Jose, CA

#100464 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Go suck MC tiny peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenis you homo.
Thanks but no thanks, who knows where it's been.

Are JB?
Tray

Ecru, MS

#100466 Feb 20, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
NRA rubbish ... like a friggen broken record! Blah,Blah,Blah ....
Then prove me wrong. By the way I'm not a member of the NRA. I made valid truthful provable points so come on liar put up or shut up.
MALBARcaccaPunja bi

Pune, India

#100468 Feb 20, 2013
He is very gay the fixers
The Fixers

San Jose, CA

#100469 Feb 20, 2013
He is very gay the fixers
Hey you Regina FFOKK YU is Puna in New Zealand?
MALBARcaccaPunja bi

Pune, India

#100471 Feb 20, 2013
The Fixers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you Regina FFOKK YU is Puna in New Zealand?
You eat dog food in Punjabi.
Your Pal Meaty bites.
MabarCACA Controllers

Luton, UK

#100472 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
You eat dog food in Punjabi.
Your Pal Meaty bites.
stop being so barbaric and so uncivilised or else we will report you to topix
Chinese Power Ranger

Niksic, Montenegro

#100473 Feb 20, 2013
It is Jews,you stupid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pelosi's claim the House GOP is 'inviting' viol... 15 hr okimar 5
News Florida: Another Mass Murder Stopped by Armed C... Tue im not a doctor 9
News Lancaster County's congressmen vote opposite wa... Dec 11 jimwildrickjr 1
News Supreme Court turns away challenge to Md. assau... Dec 6 im not a doctor 6
News Florida Church Warns Visitors That Members Are ... Dec 5 im not a doctor 2
A Breakdown of Reloading at Home Nov 27 SummerBB8 1
News Obey the police, who are almost always right; M... Nov 21 youll shoot your ... 1
More from around the web