It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103326 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Since: Feb 11

Cambridge, UK

#100011 Feb 14, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to know, else one of my strong held views would have to be altered....now that would have been distressing...
I don't suppose you would care to share that particular long held view? just in case you haven't as yet expressed it.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Australia

#100012 Feb 14, 2013
MabarCACA Controller wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is "whe"?
Yes beady it was a typo and not the only one I made in that post.:)

Cambridge, UK

#100013 Feb 14, 2013
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how that is evidence of HollybytheSea being a troll and I don't know why anyone would spend time here debating with posters whom they believe do not exist.
True.

Australia

#100014 Feb 14, 2013
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
When.
Thank you, yes. My au pair girl had her tongue stuck in my ear at the time and it was a bit distracting.:)
http://tinyurl.com/ctdmf8w
MabarCACA Controller

Luton, UK

#100015 Feb 14, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, yes. My au pair girl had her tongue stuck in my ear at the time and it was a bit distracting.:)
Was she wearing "A coral of pedantry" to match your pink TUTU?
Bite Me

Moneague, Jamaica

#100016 Feb 14, 2013
Poo.
That is what ADELAIDEAN eats for lunch everyday.
Bite Me

Moneague, Jamaica

#100017 Feb 14, 2013
Breakfast too.
spider

Cambridge, UK

#100018 Feb 14, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix's resident "jackhammer" has arrived, duly fired off its first salvo, and now waits in eager anticipation.
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/TI...
My earlier offer to continue off the record is now vindicated and still stands.:)
If you would extend me the courtesy to reply to my post in the present fashion,then I will consider of the record.
We could of course continue as we are, but use leetspeak,,however I feel sure your little freind would enjoy it
Bite Me

Moneague, Jamaica

#100019 Feb 14, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you go out for indian poo or just get some off the street in slum where lots of indians laze around ?

Australia

#100020 Feb 14, 2013
@ spider1954
MabarCACA Controller wrote:
<quoted text>
Was she wearing "A coral of pedantry" to match your pink TUTU?
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would extend me the courtesy to reply to my post in the present fashion,then I will consider of the record.
We could of course continue as we are, but use leetspeak,,however I feel sure your little freind would enjoy it
Bite Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you go out for indian poo or just get some off the street in slum where lots of indians laze around ?
http://tinyurl.com/b4nzzvq

And there you have it, spider1954. How do you now rate prospects of having a rational discussion except off the record? I foresaw this and made a sensible offer. It still stands. Another poster here can vouch for the merit of that where I am concerned.:)
spider

Cambridge, UK

#100021 Feb 14, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a common misconception that only females multi task.
My maid once knelt on my corn whilst I was changing a light bulb ;-)
spider

Cambridge, UK

#100022 Feb 14, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
@ spider1954
<quoted text>
<quoted text><quoted text>
http://tinyurl.com/b4nzzvq
And there you have it, spider1954. How do you now rate prospects of having a rational discussion except off the record? I foresaw this and made a sensible offer. It still stands. Another poster here can vouch for the merit of that where I am concerned.:)
Life is full of little irritations,,it surprises me that you should find this particular one such a distraction.
Now,,how about the acknowlegment of my post.

Why don't you talk about that.

Please introduce me to our fellow poster, I would like to know if he or she shares my views.

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

#100023 Feb 14, 2013
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
Well to me it doesn't make sense - re Aelaidean's offer to continue the discussion off-forum - it is entirely up to you but I can certainly understand his suggestion - it allows a 'disruption-free' exchange :)
MabarCACA Controller

Luton, UK

#100024 Feb 14, 2013
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
Well to me it doesn't make sense - re Aelaidean's offer to continue the discussion off-forum - it is entirely up to you but I can certainly understand his suggestion - it allows a 'disruption-free' exchange :)
"Aelaideans" who?

Are they registered users?

Cambridge, UK

#100025 Feb 14, 2013
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
I take your point. I do however enjoy open debate and the exchange of thoughts between a group,,,regardless the efforts of clowns, the big top allways remains standing.

Australia

#100027 Feb 14, 2013
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
I take your point. I do however enjoy open debate and the exchange of thoughts between a group,,,regardless the efforts of clowns, the big top allways remains standing.
I'm going to have to get back to you tomorrow. Messaging delays. Hope to clear ASAP.

Cambridge, UK

#100029 Feb 14, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to have to get back to you tomorrow. Messaging delays. Hope to clear ASAP.
Sairla The Ade

Australia

#100030 Feb 14, 2013
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sairla The Ade
I take it this is off on a new tangent. Can you elaborate?

Cambridge, UK

#100031 Feb 14, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it this is off on a new tangent. Can you elaborate?
If you follow through posts 100023---25---27---29 you will see.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#100032 Feb 14, 2013
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
My experience is that the early bird gets the worm, vigilance is advised due to the possible presence of the early cat.
So, you don't have experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why assault rifle sales are booming (Jun '15) Mon Three Days 251
News Federal Judge Strikes Down DC Concealed Carry Law May 17 Marauder 2
News Assault weapon bans should stand May 15 Sheriff Joe 529 882
News No wedding for Bristol Palin (May '15) May 6 Teenage Dutch Virgin 48
News Facebook Spends $16 Million on Armed Guards for... Apr 29 okimar 1
News Hillary to Voter Calling for More Second Amendm... Apr 24 GoForTheBandit 1
News Crimson Trace Provides Improved Accuracy Apr '16 duzitreallymatter 1
More from around the web