It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103292 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#99746 Feb 9, 2013
The FOOKWIT Catchers wrote:
<quoted text>
Be afraid, very afraid, crickets chirping......blah blah blah balh blah
OOOOOh, OOOOOh, ooooooouuuu saute au plafond... LMAO....
Exactement!
The FOOKWIT Catchers

Tempe, AZ

#99747 Feb 9, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactement!
ROTFLMAOAY!!!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#99748 Feb 9, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the Adelaide troll and Holly by the sea is just one of your alia's .....so no you most probably don't own a gun being you are an Aussie, you are just sticking your five cents worth in for fun....get a life...get a life dick head.
Pray tell what is an Adelaide Troll? I have no other aliases here. You're just grabbing at straws and unfortunately you picked the shortest one.

Don't forget who started this combat. It was you when you said that you couldn't stand cutesy user names. My name is very common and I had to have a way of distinguishing it. And cease calling me names. Your so good at that and that is what brings all the others out to bash you.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#99749 Feb 9, 2013
HollybytheSea wrote:
<quoted text>Pray tell what is an Adelaide Troll? I have no other aliases here. You're just grabbing at straws and unfortunately you picked the shortest one.
Don't forget who started this combat. It was you when you said that you couldn't stand cutesy user names. My name is very common and I had to have a way of distinguishing it. And cease calling me names. Your so good at that and that is what brings all the others out to bash you.
Who started what combat.....I am not in any combat...are you delusional as well that you percieve a simple debate on a forum as a combat and BTW when and where did I say that about cutesy names?
The FOOKWIT Catchers

Tempe, AZ

#99750 Feb 10, 2013
HollybytheSea wrote:
<quoted text>Pray tell what is an Adelaide Troll? I have no other aliases here. You're just grabbing at straws and unfortunately you picked the shortest one.
Prove it Adelaidean clone:

LOG OUT.

Erase all cesspit Hometowns and hidden locations.

Log back in never again using hide myASS!, masked or hidden locations.
Ego

Charlotte, NC

#99751 Feb 10, 2013
George H wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe, but at least we are not prisoners of mother england, we used our guns to throw that yoke off.
England isn't white anymore it's Arab.

“Fight For Democracy in Tonga!!”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#99752 Feb 10, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Flipping burgers is a real job.......for high schoolers. If you are still flipping burgers by 20 years old, you need to SERIOUSLY reevaluate your situation.
That being said. You can make a decent living working in fast food, but you have to get off the grill. My sister has worked nothing but fast food since she turned 16. She now is a district manager with one of the largest pizza franchises in the country, and she runs 12 stores, and makes a pretty decent salary.
NUTS!

“Fight For Democracy in Tonga!!”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#99753 Feb 10, 2013
Ego wrote:
<quoted text>
England isn't white anymore it's Arab.
ITS BECAUSE THE RULING CLASS WANT IT THIS WAY, DUM ass
GoGoBar

Chiang Mai, Thailand

#99755 Feb 10, 2013
boruone77 wrote:
<quoted text> ITS BECAUSE THE RULING CLASS WANT IT THIS WAY, DUM ass
Yess\. A sovereign nation is hard to find.

"The working class can kiss my arse" A terrible truth, but universal.

But there is plenty of room at the top. Or was Lennon a dream,er.
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#99756 Feb 10, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, let's take a look shall we!
Take your blinder off and open your tiny little mind there is whole world out there you’re refusing to see, like the good little ... Democrats, to moderate republicans alike, all of whom have watched their beliefs, needs, and priorities take a back seat to the views of far right extremists.
Where oh where in my posting have I professed to be a GOP member?

I'm not. I am probably best described as a Constitutional Libertarian.

I support the Tea Party in their single purpose of stopping insane gubbermint spending. Liberals have tried to hang all kinds of ancillary crap on them, like pinning them as "racist" (very predictable), "homophobic" (also very predictable). But their only purpose was to stop Pelosi, Reid, and company from spending our children's future into bankruptcy. The liberals and their buddies in the mainstream media have succeeded in their goal in marginalizing the Tea Party. Spending goes on unabated.

I don't give a crap about your sexual preference, ethnicity, religion, or whether or not you do street drugs. In fact, I regard drugs as a useful tool to enforce Darwinism-- drug users die, we don't have to support them.

I don't care if you kill your kids before birth. Since liberals are the principle users of the service and kids usually take up their parent(s)' political views, I consider it population control for future leftists.

What DO I give a crap about? DON'T TAKE MY HARD-EARNED MONEY AWAY FROM ME and spend it on stupid gubbermint programs to "help" pathetic, underachieving parasites. No where in the Constitution does it say anything about Head Start, school lunches, Amtrak, National Endowment for the Arts, subsidizing corn, or buying F-16's for a bunch of diaper heads in Egypt.

Imagine how quickly the deficit would be cured if we eliminated all the baloney we're paying for today.

Since: Oct 12

Perry, GA

#99757 Feb 10, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>Where oh where in my posting have I professed to be a GOP member?

I support the Tea Party in their single purpose of stopping insane gubbermint spending. Liberals have tried to hang all kinds of ancillary crap on them, like pinning them as "racist" (very predictable), "homophobic" (also very predictable). But their only purpose was to stop Pelosi, Reid, and company from spending our children's future into bankruptcy. The liberals and their buddies in the mainstream media have succeeded in their goal in marginalizing the Tea Party. Spending goes on unabated.

I don't give a crap about your sexual preference, ethnicity, religion, or whether or not you do street drugs. In fact, I regard drugs as a useful tool to enforce Darwinism-- drug users die, we don't have to support them.

I don't care if you kill your kids before birth. Since liberals are the principle users of the service and kids usually take up their parent(s)' political views, I consider it population control for future leftists.

What DO I give a crap about? DON'T TAKE MY HARD-EARNED MONEY AWAY FROM ME and spend it on stupid gubbermint programs to "help" pathetic, underachieving parasites. No where in the Constitution does it say anything about Head Start, school lunches, Amtrak, National Endowment for the Arts, subsidizing corn, or buying F-16's for a bunch of diaper heads in Egypt.

Imagine how quickly the deficit would be cured if we eliminated all the baloney we're paying for today.
sounds about the way I feel
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#99758 Feb 10, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm doing just fine.
How about you?
What's it like waking up every morning, looking in the mirror and knowing YOU CAN'T HACK IT?
You need gubbermint to pay for your health care.
You need gubbermint to pay for your retirement.
You need gubbermint to help pay for your housing, food, your kids' school lunches.
It eats you up every day seeing people that don't share your underachievement problem. It bugs you to see people that have initiative, work ethic. So you want gubbermint to punish them, make them live at the same pathetic lifestyle that you do.
See, we conservatives DON'T NEED YOU LIBERALS. We can pay our way. You, on the other hand, NEED US. And it bugs you, knowing that you have to eat out of our hands. Like a pigeon.
Pigeons eat out of their hands? When did that start?
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#99759 Feb 10, 2013
Everyone is sitting around, biting their nails, and waiting for the next big shooting. Until then - there ain't much to say.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#99760 Feb 10, 2013
Guppy wrote:
Everyone is sitting around, biting their nails, and waiting for the next big shooting. Until then - there ain't much to say.
How about getting a life.
Humphrey B bear

Chisinau, Moldova

#99762 Feb 10, 2013
Guppy wrote:
Then why dont you shut up.
F/uck you really are a loser.
I hope the next shooting is at your house.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#99763 Feb 10, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
Where oh where in my posting have I professed to be a GOP member?
So, you might as well be their t-bag poster boy
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a radical liberal believing in maximum freedom and liberty at any cost?
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the federal expenditures and then explain your “baloney” spending!
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/budget_pi...
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#99765 Feb 10, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> How about getting a life.
Why?
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#99766 Feb 10, 2013
Humphrey B bear wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why dont you shut up.
F/uck you really are a loser.
I hope the next shooting is at your house.
What a charmer.

Location hidden

#99767 Feb 10, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Who started what combat.....I am not in any combat...are you delusional as well that you percieve a simple debate on a forum as a combat and BTW when and where did I say that about cutesy names?
Here you go: http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/TO...
Eat Crow!! Delusional.ppp

Location hidden

#99768 Feb 10, 2013
Ad that wa s after you had written this on a thread pre-Christmas.

" My pleasure ....four generations and you the eldest now that is an acheivment to be proud of...have a great time..Holly by the sea.....(I love your name.)

"In the time between the two posts you must have visited the Witch's Broom Factory to get heir latest model.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McRgo E'News: National Reciprocity & December C... 2 hr Jim Wildrick Jr 1
News Pelosi's claim the House GOP is 'inviting' viol... 14 hr Say What 8
News Florida: Another Mass Murder Stopped by Armed C... Dec 12 im not a doctor 9
News Lancaster County's congressmen vote opposite wa... Dec 11 jimwildrickjr 1
News Supreme Court turns away challenge to Md. assau... Dec 6 im not a doctor 6
News Florida Church Warns Visitors That Members Are ... Dec 5 im not a doctor 2
A Breakdown of Reloading at Home Nov 27 SummerBB8 1
More from around the web