It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103293 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Freedom and Liberty

Puebla, Mexico

#98695 Jan 26, 2013
Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
There you have it, ladies and gentlemen.
The NRA has succeeded in convincing scuzzy,ignorant pencildicks that they will turn ito macho-men if only they will buy enough guns.
Of course, people who successfully persuade others to buy products that don't do what they are advertised are called CON ARTISTS.
By the way, there are, right now, 3 handguns and a rifle in my house. I'm from Texas. Everybody I know owns guns, and I think that is fine.
But no civilian, anywhere, needs to own assault rifles or magazines that hold more than 10 shells.
And I'm a life-long conservative.
Well I certainly beg to differ on that last part. Resricting magazine capacity or any firearm for that matter is a con artist hatchet job on the 2nd Amendment. It is the libtard toe hold to destroy gun rights of law abiding citizens. And it would have very little to do with anything when a crazy maniac wishes to use a firearm in a crime. Can you imagine the damage a 12 ga shotgun would do in a classroom? Much worse than a AR-15 you can bet on that. I find the cartridge capacity clause ridiculous. As my Ar-15s and Mini 14s are for personal self defense I consider it criminal for ANYONE or any government to restrict my God given rights. On the other hand I already have enough magazines and ammunition. And not a single firearm is "registered" to me in any damn government database and never will be. Whats next? Restricting powerful V8 engines in Corvettes and Camaros and pass a law they must be converted to 4 cyl gas savers? The debate will continue no doubt but Ill never be restricted or controlled by anyone concerning my rights under the Constitution.
Freedom and Liberty

Puebla, Mexico

#98696 Jan 26, 2013
Guppy wrote:
Yes, guns are the problem. It's a sad fact and everyone needs to wake up and accept it. I know it's difficult for men to admit they are wrong, but do some soul searching and you will see the light. Be brave.
Mute? Do you mean, moot?
You are one nutty sob yourself. Buy a gun. Fully load it and put it in a safe place. I will bet my life unless some person uses it the gun itself will never committ a crime. Thus a simple calculation to prove the gun is not at fault. You can name the nuts that committ crimes anything you wish. Schizzie, bipolars, drug addicts etc etc Ill just stick with crazy bastards. And you my friend are no one to tell us law abiding citizens anything about our rights. My firearms will never be registered or taken unless Mr Hestons rule applies. From my cold dead hand!
Tray

Shannon, MS

#98697 Jan 26, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Your brain just isnt up to the facts.
What really is happening is BOZOS with no experience are being supplied with Rapid Fire Weapons, Telescopic sights, Laser Targetting and large magazines of excellent reliability.
Some ordere tear gas and specialty bullets on the internet.
They employ the same tactics as the great white hunter.
Target unsuspecting victims, but shoot more bullets than a hunter would in a month, killing as many as they can. Skill is irrelevant.
Your ability to defend your family is slightly hampered because hunters have to go to work or hunting.
Come the "Wet arse time" your families only chance is mobile phones, police helicopters and advanced medical trauma treatment.
Wake up idiot. It is happening.
hmm that's odd considering guns are used for self defense over 2,500,000 times per year. Considering I'm a better shot than any of these freaks that went on killing sprees. What exactly makes a cop better at protecting me than me? being able to defend myself greatly reduces my need of a trauma unit. My hunting skills and experience greatly increases my marksmanship and ability to react and make a one shot kill. You are still a failure.
Tray

Shannon, MS

#98698 Jan 26, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Braindead Mafrauder.
Every firearm leaves the factory legally.
Whay bhappens after that is why you children are beuing slaughtered.
You are just a consumer.
Like a ciggarrette smoker in ther old days.
In Denial.
Me nor any of my children have been slaughtered but of course we are capable of self defense. You mean like most smokers in their 80's that make a liar out of the anti rights crowd? You mean like car owners who die at much higher rates than gun owners but just refuse to give up the convenience of travel? Poor poor loser.
Tray

Shannon, MS

#98699 Jan 26, 2013
Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
There you have it, ladies and gentlemen.
The NRA has succeeded in convincing scuzzy,ignorant pencildicks that they will turn ito macho-men if only they will buy enough guns.
Of course, people who successfully persuade others to buy products that don't do what they are advertised are called CON ARTISTS.
By the way, there are, right now, 3 handguns and a rifle in my house. I'm from Texas. Everybody I know owns guns, and I think that is fine.
But no civilian, anywhere, needs to own assault rifles or magazines that hold more than 10 shells.
And I'm a life-long conservative.
WOW was the NRA around when the second amendment was written? No one is trying to get you to buy a gun in fact I prefer YOU not to. When does a right depend on having to prove a need? Do you NEED to speak more than 10 words at a time? What makes you think you know how many rounds someone else needs? Are you personally the needs God? Why do you NEED 4 guns? You are a liar and a fool.
Tray

Shannon, MS

#98700 Jan 26, 2013
Guppy wrote:
Yes, guns are the problem. It's a sad fact and everyone needs to wake up and accept it. I know it's difficult for men to admit they are wrong, but do some soul searching and you will see the light. Be brave.
Mute? Do you mean, moot?
Guns are the problem and not the human animal? Let's make a little wager. I will put a gun in reach of a few wild animals and let's see if they go on a killing spree with the gun. If the gun causes someone to suddenly become a cold blooded killer then it should work on any animal. How much do you want to put up?
Freedom and Liberty

Puebla, Mexico

#98701 Jan 26, 2013
Considering that most self defense situations happen at extremely close raange Ill bet on myself over a cop anytime. Why? Hands on experience with firearms since birth. Training instilled by a father who was a first rate military veteran with several confirmed kills in action plus vast experience with all types of firearms. Training acquired from an expert and Marine Colonel who personally signed my diploma. Innumerable hunting experiences in all types of terrain and adverse conditions. National Guard training. etc etc the list goes on and on. Now heres the real "killer". The average time for a reaction by a policeman is too variable to have any valuable meaning. My handloaded 45 ACP rounds leave the muzzle clicking at 1050 fps. Not much doubt about who Ill call. First it will be Samuel [email protected] and then 911 so they can come take pics of the perps because theyll still be hanging around! Hahaha!
Freedom and Liberty

Puebla, Mexico

#98702 Jan 26, 2013
Hey Tray its better those kind stay where they are. Someone kicks down the door to their house and their first reaction is to hide in a closet and call a MAN to come over and bring a GUN! Hahaha. I guess if you give the same stupid sob a staek he will need to call a man to bring him a knife too. Those poor bastards are to be pitied.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#98704 Jan 26, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I do but it seems noongs like you, struggle somewhat....
I could spell it out for you line by line but your head is like concrete, set and not going anywhere.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#98705 Jan 26, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Guns are the problem and not the human animal? Let's make a little wager. I will put a gun in reach of a few wild animals and let's see if they go on a killing spree with the gun. If the gun causes someone to suddenly become a cold blooded killer then it should work on any animal. How much do you want to put up?
You name the price...

No, only men go on killing spree's. You should know that. You are transfixed by guns. Pity.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#98706 Jan 26, 2013
He laughs when he discusses killing other humans...

Who is nuts?
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#98707 Jan 26, 2013
Our elected have crossed the line in violating their Oath of Office:

The Resistance Begins: New York Gun Owners Refuse to Register; “Largest Act of Civil Disobedience To Attempted Tyranny in State History”

http://www.shtfplan.com/
Tray

Shannon, MS

#98708 Jan 26, 2013
Freedom and Liberty wrote:
Hey Tray its better those kind stay where they are. Someone kicks down the door to their house and their first reaction is to hide in a closet and call a MAN to come over and bring a GUN! Hahaha. I guess if you give the same stupid sob a staek he will need to call a man to bring him a knife too. Those poor bastards are to be pitied.
HELP come change the channel on my TV. Ha ha ha.
Tray

Shannon, MS

#98709 Jan 26, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You name the price...
No, only men go on killing spree's. You should know that. You are transfixed by guns. Pity.
Only men? Then why not ban men? Oh wait, who would see what made that sound in the middle of the night. The problem is you claimed it was the guns. By your claim if you were to pick a gun up you would feel an irresistible urge to go on a killing spree. You pick the time and place and animal to place a gun near but make it worth my trouble. I am looking at a new .50 BMG so I'll need about $12,000.
Tray

Shannon, MS

#98710 Jan 26, 2013
Guppy wrote:
He laughs when he discusses killing other humans...
Who is nuts?
Some humans need killing. What? Do you think I should feel pity and cry for a dead rapist, child molester, murderer, or other low life? Hee Hee Hee.
holycrap

Rye, Australia

#98711 Jan 26, 2013
yeah i wish i guns were legal so i can shoot people. nuff said
Tray

Shannon, MS

#98712 Jan 26, 2013
holycrap wrote:
yeah i wish i guns were legal so i can shoot people. nuff said
But murder is also illegal. To bad criminals don't follow either law. Let's make more laws surely that will work.
Dr Freud

Bethnal Green, UK

#98713 Jan 26, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> But murder is also illegal. To bad criminals don't follow either law. Let's make more laws surely that will work.
As you know: "No man-made law has ever stopped anything from happening." Author unknown.
And: "The essence of all law is power." Author unknown.
But some —it would seem— figure that if one does something repeatedly (not unlike masturbating), that a desirable result may eventually be had.
Now, we already know the results of masturbation, but it would seem that not a few are hoping to instead win whatever lottery!
;-)
Dr Freud

Bethnal Green, UK

#98714 Jan 26, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Some humans need killing. What? Do you think I should feel pity and cry for a dead rapist, child molester, murderer, or other low life? Hee Hee Hee.
That poster 'guppy' has pity for the violent criminals who daily wreak absolute havoc upon the innocent.
Yet she has nothing but total contempt for the victims of violence.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#98715 Jan 26, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that be you?
How boring..
And scary ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The news media love America. The government, no... 7 hr Erl 63
LAX Ammo Photo Contest/Giveaway! Thu KTSullivan 2
Taurus Gaucho Revolver (May '06) Sep 16 Senb12 29
News Lawyer: 'Pharma Bro' joking about bounty for Cl... Sep 13 Jeff Brightone 2
News Ryan Blocking Concealed Carry Reciprocity, Cong... Sep 11 FormerParatrooper 1
News D.C. Requests Hearing on Protection of Second A... Sep 10 Lou Posey 3
News SCOTUS Asked to Review Ninth Circuit Decision o... Sep 9 FormerParatrooper 2
More from around the web