It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103340 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#83225 Nov 28, 2012
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Aahh so that's why you're trolling this thread posting all sorts of incoherent dribble, you're an animal rights activist nutter.
Was wondering when you'd get around to making your point.
No they are not.....they are only against fur...not leather. They have even claimed to be a "leather lover", that's no animal right's activist...that's a hypocrite!!!

“Topix is lowlife scum with no”

Since: Jun 12

respect for anyone...

#83226 Nov 28, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
No they are not.....they are only against fur...not leather. They have even claimed to be a "leather lover", that's no animal right's activist...that's a hypocrite!!!
Now you mention it I remember reading some posts about the leather etc. a while ago.
A hypocritical nutter, what a great combination :)
Greasy Grass Ridge

Bristol, PA

#83227 Nov 28, 2012
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Aahh so that's why you're trolling this thread posting all sorts of incoherent dribble, you're an animal rights activist nutter.
Dear Ornery,

Animals first/humans second.

A nutter? Not sure I would go THAT far.

Sweetly,
GGR
Greasy Grass Ridge

Bristol, PA

#83228 Nov 28, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
I am quit comfortable with the roles model we have been. My children are very smart, believe in getting well educated, responsible, and best of all, unlike you, they have common sense. I am not playing with danger. While our children lived here the guns were put up, along with the ammo, now they moved out and we bought a new gun.
If I invited you over for a drink, which I do drink on occasion, I would not "bring out the guns" unless you came to my house to threaten my life. Then I would shoot you. Otherwise you're safe. Don't worry about it anyway....I never invited you!
Excessive worry is not a problem, it's excessive reality that I stay up at night because of. I worry far more about family than about the boogie man breaking in. Him I can shoot, and I would, the other is out of my control.
It is true unless the gun is in my hands it's not much good. I'm glad you finally came to the realization that a gun can't kill unless a human is involved and uses it as a weapon. I could just beat them to death with a ball bat, it's handier as far as reaching it quickly anyway.
Dear X,

Thank you for your kind words.

Everyone SAYS their kids are very smart. Makes me chuckle.

When your kids were living with you - the guns were hidden? Didn't you care about protecting them or do you only care about hubby and you? I think I know.

You wouldn't invite me to your house? I would invite you.

Baseball bat? A little violent? You keep one by the front door? That's interesting. The paranoia is just oozing. That's ok. Everyone has their THING.

Person and gun? That is obvious. The person pulls the trigger and the gun kills an animal or a human. No mystery there.

I will say a prayer for you and hope you come to your senses about inviting me over. Don't be so quick to judge. Think about it.

Best,
GGR
Greasy Grass Ridge

Bristol, PA

#83229 Nov 28, 2012
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ornery,

If you kill animals ~ that would make YOU a murderer.

If you kill an animal ~ you should go to prison.

I will NOT visit you.

GGR
Greasy Grass Ridge

Bristol, PA

#83230 Nov 28, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen to Ms. X.

Getting a little hot under the collar?

Juno

respect for anyone...

#83231 Nov 28, 2012
Greasy Grass Ridge wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Ornery,
Animals first/humans second.
A nutter? Not sure I would go THAT far.
Sweetly,
GGR
Animals first/humans second is a belief common to all nutters.
Most of them are too silly to even realise they are nutters, though I guess when you're away with the pixies & fairies all the time it probably seems normal.

Member of PETA are we?
Or some other whacko group?
Sounds like it.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#83232 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
If you are VERY aware of the law - then you are either a lawyer or a police type person.
Why are you so unhappy? Why would you fly off the handle if someone ripped your coat? It's ONLY a coat. If you are a lawyer, you make enough money to buy a new one. Ha!
Mississippi? Must be a very backward state. Huh?
GGR
Oh just a coat? OK just a coat today but tomorrow something else and more and more. Where do you draw the line? Oh you only get violated a little today and a little tomorrow and the next day and the next. I rip your coat today but you buy a new one but tomorrow I rip it ect. ect. How about this, you rip my coat I punch you in the nose. Hey it's just a little punch in the nose, no reason to go off the handle. How about I just punch you in the nose (no coat involved)? It's just a little punch in the nose, no reason for you to go off the handle.

respect for anyone...

#83233 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Ornery,
If you kill animals ~ that would make YOU a murderer.
If you kill an animal ~ you should go to prison.
I will NOT visit you.
GGR
If you kill people in certain circumstances that makes you a murderer.
If you murder a person you should go to prison.
Killing animals in certain circumstances can also land you in prison, though it's not murder.

I kill animals to control ferals & for food.
If I was unlucky enough to end up in prison, I wouldn't want you to visit.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#83234 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Trey has changed his tune. He said before, if you rip my coat, I will shoot you.
Trey, if you know so much about the law - you should produce your evidence (case history). That is, if you can.
Best,
GGR
ps - poor snow bunny. she's doing her best...
Liar! Show that post!
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#83235 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Dear X,
Thank you for your kind words.
Everyone SAYS their kids are very smart. Makes me chuckle.
When your kids were living with you - the guns were hidden? Didn't you care about protecting them or do you only care about hubby and you? I think I know.
You wouldn't invite me to your house? I would invite you.
Baseball bat? A little violent? You keep one by the front door? That's interesting. The paranoia is just oozing. That's ok. Everyone has their THING.
Person and gun? That is obvious. The person pulls the trigger and the gun kills an animal or a human. No mystery there.
I will say a prayer for you and hope you come to your senses about inviting me over. Don't be so quick to judge. Think about it.
Best,
GGR
AWW now you know I cared about my children even more so then I ever cared about myself, you're just being rediculous there. We had "other" protection then and it was quit effective. The guns were put away for their safety when they were small, we don't hunt or anything so they just stayed put. Actually they are still put up, we just updated with a newer one, much more effective, more rounds.
I know everyone says their kids are smart.....I can just prove it!!! That is not to make me look like a good parent....it's all on them and it was their work that got them where they are, I just have bragging rights cuz their mine!
I'm not real sure that I need you to pray for me to come to my senses about inviting you over. I feel pretty confident that not inviting strangers I meet on the internet over for a drink is the best thing to do, so I'll stick with that, but hey pray for me if you want....this one will go unanswered I assure you. I would never do that without meeting someone first....but not at my home OR yours.
Perhaps before thinking someone is a little paranoid for wanting guns or even keeping a bat by the door you need to think about the fact that perhaps at one time, they didn't, and they wish they had. Maybe not all people that have guns are near as worried about the unknown as they are the known. Maybe not everyone has lived just like you or had all the same experiences as you. With your multiple personalities I doubt it. Other people live their life and make their decisions based on the reality they know....and the best thing you can do is RESPECT their decision and their right to make it. Agree with me on it or not....makes no difference to me.

X
Dr Freud

Riga, Latvia

#83236 Nov 28, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is VERY true!
You could effectively, and honestly, refer to those people as 'cretins.'

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#83237 Nov 28, 2012
The NRA and Koch Brothers need to make sure the GOP has 50 Senate seats in 2014. We can block any leftwing judge especially SCOTUS.

If Obama tries to kill Scalia we need to march on Washington DC.
Dr Freud

Riga, Latvia

#83238 Nov 28, 2012
stopracismagainst wrote:
The NRA and Koch Brothers need to make sure the GOP has 50 Senate seats in 2014. We can block any leftwing judge especially SCOTUS.
If Obama tries to kill Scalia we need to march on Washington DC.
Your 'GOP' is no longer an option. How many times must this be said: YOUR 'two party' system was compromised back before 1900.
By 1920, BOTH of YOUR political parties had become compromised to the point of being one, and the same.
Allow me no small measure of advice: DO NOT vote for a political party. Rather, vote for the candidate, even IF he should have no political party, as then at least you might have more than a little confidence that he's NOT being controlled by a 'party structure.'
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#83239 Nov 28, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane you ignorant slut, thanks for playing. I just wish you were better at this.
I am still waitnig for an example of unlawful use of force.
None you have mentioned cover that.
Zimmerman was not the stranger, the thug was.
Zimmerman did not vilate any liberties by ASKING what he was doing in his neighborhood.
It was not his ground to stand on.
Good one, next time some thug shoots some guy in his own house, he will use the Trayvon defense.
He has no right to privacy when in public (or someones elses private property).
You can FEEL attacked all you want, until you get attacked, you have no right to self defense.
The only available evidence is thet the thug attacked first.
I realize these examples are just dogmatic meanderings in total cognitive dissonence, but really, these are even pathetic by your standards.
Try again dumbass.
Wait, I predict you will go away, come back, claim I said something else, produce evidence to refute what I never said, and then claim victory.
Does that make things easier for pathetic little you.
'Unlawful use of force'???

Gee Einstein....maybe that's what the Zimmerman trial is about because he shot and killed an unarmed boy dumbass.

Evidence???

There's evidence on both sides of this case genius. Your failure to acknowledge that makes you the fool.

And labeling Trayvon a "thug" is merely your opinion based on your skewed view of this incident and by no means makes it a fact. Many of us see Zimmerman as being the thug here friend.

Zimmerman can ask what kind of God damned underwear Trayvon was wearing for that matter but Trayvon had no obligation to answer nor hang around dipshit.

Once this trial is underway it will extinguish any idea that Zimmerman was the innocent victim friend so you may want to shaddup.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#83240 Nov 28, 2012
THe NRA needs to go after the amnesty Democrats and RINOS. the same people who want amnesty want gun bans.

They want illegal aliens voting for the mainline gun ban Democrats.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#83241 Nov 28, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 'GOP' is no longer an option. How many times must this be said: YOUR 'two party' system was compromised back before 1900.
By 1920, BOTH of YOUR political parties had become compromised to the point of being one, and the same.
Allow me no small measure of advice: DO NOT vote for a political party. Rather, vote for the candidate, even IF he should have no political party, as then at least you might have more than a little confidence that he's NOT being controlled by a 'party structure.'
It's Latvia now.....ROFL!

Might as well tell us the truth and show your posting location as being Disneyland.
Dr Freud

Riga, Latvia

#83242 Nov 28, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
'Unlawful use of force'???
Gee Einstein....maybe that's what the Zimmerman trial is about because he shot and killed an unarmed boy dumbass.
Evidence???
There's evidence on both sides of this case genius. Your failure to acknowledge that makes you the fool.
And labeling Trayvon a "thug" is merely your opinion based on your skewed view of this incident and by no means makes it a fact. Many of us see Zimmerman as being the thug here friend.
Zimmerman can ask what kind of God damned underwear Trayvon was wearing for that matter but Trayvon had no obligation to answer nor hang around dipshit.
Once this trial is underway it will extinguish any idea that Zimmerman was the innocent victim friend so you may want to shaddup.
"Gee Einstein....maybe that's what the Zimmerman trial is about because he shot and killed an unarmed boy dumbass.
Evidence???"

What would have remarked, had Martin been shot by an armed woman, in the process of a rape?
Dr Freud

Riga, Latvia

#83243 Nov 28, 2012
What would you have remarked ..
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#83244 Nov 28, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
"Gee Einstein....maybe that's what the Zimmerman trial is about because he shot and killed an unarmed boy dumbass.
Evidence???"
What would have remarked, had Martin been shot by an armed woman, in the process of a rape?
But Trayvon wasn't raping anyone fabricator. Was he.

That's what paints your side on this so wrong....you have to create a non-existant scenario to defend that punk Zimmermans' actions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BOOM: DC Forced to Issue Concealed Carry Permit... Fri Zzznorch 1
Stop white on white crime Fri Truth and Facts 32
News Concealed Carry Shot Down-- Supporters Will Giv... (Mar '06) Fri Denny CranesPlace 4
News D.C. chief: 'We will arrest armed protesters' (May '13) May 27 Truth and Facts 639
News COD Offers Classes Promoting Firearm Safety thi... May 25 Dr David 1
News No wedding for Bristol Palin May 24 Tazo 9
News Concealed Carry Reduced Crime But NOT on Chicag... May 18 Truth and Facts 3
More from around the web