It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103292 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#83106 Nov 26, 2012
In case Americans are interested in what is happening in their part of the world....

http://whypoverty.net/inc/download/PARK%20AVE...
Greasy Grass Ridge

Gadsden, AL

#83107 Nov 26, 2012
uneventful...

Since: Jan 11

Abingdon, VA

#83108 Nov 26, 2012
Greasy Grass Ridge wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Mt. Holly in South Jersey?
If so, do you listen to WDAS - FM from Philadelphia? Great black station.
Yes it is and no I don't. Do you?

Downtown Philly is about a 25 minute ride.
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#83109 Nov 26, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't handle the truth.
Again: YOU PROJECT!
The truth of the matter is that YOU can't handle the truth, and that's been revealed endlessly.
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#83110 Nov 26, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
In case Americans are interested in what is happening in their part of the world....
http://whypoverty.net/inc/download/PARK%20AVE...
SInce you wouldn't deign to consider any of our URLs, then why should we deign to consider yours?

Perth, Australia

#83111 Nov 26, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth of the matter is that YOU can't handle the truth, and that's been revealed endlessly.
I am not projecting I am stating it how it is ...you want to disagree with it, fine live with your head in the sand but the truth is out there and it is no conspiracy theory!

Perth, Australia

#83112 Nov 26, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
SInce you wouldn't deign to consider any of our URLs, then why should we deign to consider yours?
Pick your lip up off the ground you sound like a petulant child....you look at what I post because I have no agenda here...your politics won't loose me my house or my dreams....but guns affect everyone.

Perth, Australia

#83113 Nov 26, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
I can handle the truth what bugs you is that it is not your truth it is the real truth....from both sides that have caused me to come to my conclusion I wasn't brought up with a gun in my hand so that I became a one eyed bigot and I was from a family that needed to use guns earlier on, for a purpose....I had no brainwashing so unlike you so I am able to make an informed decission without any prior bias..
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#83114 Nov 26, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not projecting I am stating it how it is ...you want to disagree with it, fine live with your head in the sand but the truth is out there and it is no conspiracy theory!
YOU are the one with her head in the sand!
Why do you think you keep getting 'effed in the butt?
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#83115 Nov 26, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick your lip up off the ground you sound like a petulant child....you look at what I post because I have no agenda here...your politics won't loose me my house or my dreams....but guns affect everyone.
" ...I have no agenda here ..."

PUKE!!!
If YOU had no 'agenda' here, then WHY do YOU keep posting all of your BULL S H I T?
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#83116 Nov 26, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I can handle the truth what bugs you is that it is not your truth it is the real truth....from both sides that have caused me to come to my conclusion I wasn't brought up with a gun in my hand so that I became a one eyed bigot and I was from a family that needed to use guns earlier on, for a purpose....I had no brainwashing so unlike you so I am able to make an informed decission without any prior bias..
"I can handle the truth ..."

BULL! If you could 'handle the truth, then you wouldn't continue posting your complete BS here. The TRUTH is just this: MAN has the ABSOLUTE RIGHT to keep and bear arms for his SELF-DEFENSE against whatever threat, be it private thug, or a government thug.
YOU demand that EVERYONE COMPLETELY surrender to government, as though they were OWNED SLAVES.
YOU DEMAND that the rest of us become as the Jews of 1930's Germany, and march without protest, into the prison camps to be exterminated.
Why don't you just admit that you're nothing less than a paid shill who posts here on TOPIX?
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#83117 Nov 26, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU don't want one FINE!

I am a CITIZEN of the United States of America.

As such I posses RIGHTS given by "god" to ALL people,ESPECIALLY CITIZENS of the U.S.A.(we codified it!)

YOU have NO RIGHT to tell ME I cant have a gun.

or 5,10,1000...

Any opinion you have on the matter is MOOT!(and your "god" given RIGHT)

Anything you post on here to the contrary is also YOUR RIGHT!(to make a fool of yourself)

NEXT!
Dan C

Sacramento, CA

#83118 Nov 26, 2012
Here's what seperates the gun nuts from those responsible with their firearms....idiots like the clown in this story;

http://news.msn.com/us/minn-man-says-he-fired...
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#83119 Nov 26, 2012
Dan C wrote:
Here's what seperates the gun nuts from those responsible with their firearms....idiots like the clown in this story;
http://news.msn.com/us/minn-man-says-he-fired...
So, you now EXPOSE yourself as being ANTI-GUN!
Thanks for finally 'coming out of the closet!'
Aneeta

Vadodara, India

#83120 Nov 26, 2012
Keno Amarta to besh bora.
Tumi dekbe Selina.
Tumi jodi chao tabe shobtai deya debo.
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#83121 Nov 26, 2012
Aneeta wrote:
Keno Amarta to besh bora.
Tumi dekbe Selina.
Tumi jodi chao tabe shobtai deya debo.
Ba-ba! Ra-ra! Cu-cu! Da-da!
Tray

Belden, MS

#83122 Nov 26, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you now EXPOSE yourself as being ANTI-GUN!
Thanks for finally 'coming out of the closet!'
He's not anti-gun. He is a racist. He only gets worked up if it's not a black person doing the killing. He doesn't like the "brothas" being at risk in dark allys beating unarmed victims.

Perth, Australia

#83123 Nov 27, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are the one with her head in the sand!
Why do you think you keep getting 'effed in the butt?
My butt does what it needs to, to purge me of my food....but your concern for my sphincter is a bit worrying....ya might want to check your obsession with that. I found in general terms men who refer too much to rear ends usually have a facination for the same sex...are you hiding something in the closet Fraud?

Perth, Australia

#83124 Nov 27, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>YOU don't want one FINE!
I am a CITIZEN of the United States of America.
As such I posses RIGHTS given by "god" to ALL people,ESPECIALLY CITIZENS of the U.S.A.(we codified it!)
YOU have NO RIGHT to tell ME I cant have a gun.
or 5,10,1000...
Any opinion you have on the matter is MOOT!(and your "god" given RIGHT)
Anything you post on here to the contrary is also YOUR RIGHT!(to make a fool of yourself)
NEXT!
Nope you are wrong there...you didn't have a right to start a war with Irag but did that stop you from taking your guns and bombs over the ocean and killing inocents and involving allies in your lies.....see what happens when you are not accountable to the world for what you do.....I have every right to try to educate ignorant people who have a gung ho mentality that can and did and does affect me and everyone else in this world.....did you see aides stop in Africa? Evil deeds and thoughts spead like a virus until it is halted by those with a brain.

Perth, Australia

#83125 Nov 27, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
"I can handle the truth ..."
BULL! If you could 'handle the truth, then you wouldn't continue posting your complete BS here. The TRUTH is just this: MAN has the ABSOLUTE RIGHT to keep and bear arms for his SELF-DEFENSE against whatever threat, be it private thug, or a government thug.
YOU demand that EVERYONE COMPLETELY surrender to government, as though they were OWNED SLAVES.
YOU DEMAND that the rest of us become as the Jews of 1930's Germany, and march without protest, into the prison camps to be exterminated.
Why don't you just admit that you're nothing less than a paid shill who posts here on TOPIX?
No man doesn't it is just Americans that think they do because someone wrote something down on a peice of paper in the distant past when it had relevance and you idiots ran with it because of your want to have a gun....and you will defend that even when it is proved over and over that there are more deaths by gun, by law abiding citizens than hardened criminals...whether that be mass murder, suicide, accidents or familycide...you are living in a fools paradise, you noong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McRgo E'News: National Reciprocity & December C... Dec 15 Jim Wildrick Jr 1
News Pelosi's claim the House GOP is 'inviting' viol... Dec 14 Say What 8
News Florida: Another Mass Murder Stopped by Armed C... Dec 12 im not a doctor 9
News Lancaster County's congressmen vote opposite wa... Dec 11 jimwildrickjr 1
News Supreme Court turns away challenge to Md. assau... Dec 6 im not a doctor 6
News Florida Church Warns Visitors That Members Are ... Dec 5 im not a doctor 2
A Breakdown of Reloading at Home Nov 27 SummerBB8 1
More from around the web