It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103293 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#82891 Nov 23, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a job loser.
Seriously.
As if you have one?
Tray

Belden, MS

#82892 Nov 23, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a job loser.
Seriously.
I have a job for you. Pucker up. Seriously.
Tray

Belden, MS

#82893 Nov 23, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!!!
( and git spanked back down, just like before!)
I love the south, but I could'nt resist!
sorry
The north better do a better job than before, they lost twice as many men as the south and a bullet to the head of their leader that started the war then called it a win. Well there is not much to worry about seeing as the north gave up their guns it should be a turkey shoot this time.

Since: Jan 11

Abingdon, VA

#82894 Nov 23, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> The north better do a better job than before, they lost twice as many men as the south and a bullet to the head of their leader that started the war then called it a win. Well there is not much to worry about seeing as the north gave up their guns it should be a turkey shoot this time.
You don't need bullets. You can do it economically. Even Airbus is opening a plant in S. Carolina. The only problem is, we still have an out of control federal government we wouldn't have if you had won the first time.:-)
Tray

Belden, MS

#82895 Nov 23, 2012
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need bullets. You can do it economically. Even Airbus is opening a plant in S. Carolina. The only problem is, we still have an out of control federal government we wouldn't have if you had won the first time.:-)
Hey we took out the man in charge the first time with a bullet to the brain, it's not our fault the north keeps putting idiots back in the white house.
Dan C

Sacramento, CA

#82897 Nov 24, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
As if you have one?
Mine doesn't allow me the time to post in here 24/7 as you and others.

Funny thing about jobs....they consume time doing them.

LOL!!!

You stupid putz....you and many of these others make responsible gun owners look stupid as hell.

Thanks for nothing punk.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#82898 Nov 24, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>
Life was real good here before the boats brought all you people!
The Women had more influence than you give them credit for.
We had the entire continent groomed, to provide the most wildlife the land could sustain.
Our agriculture fed over 30 million people in the southeast quarter of the "U.S."
Of course it took us thousand of years to do this.
Thought we were talkin bout guns?
That quote was from the other person...NOT mine.

"Thought we were talkin bout guns?"

We were...go ask "responsible", she brought up the Indians in some failed attempt to support her position.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#82899 Nov 24, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
You stupid putz....you and many of these others make responsible gun owners look stupid as hell.
Thanks for nothing punk.
"...you and many of these others make responsible gun owners look stupid as hell."

You're doing great proving that of yourself.
Tray

Belden, MS

#82901 Nov 24, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
Thanks for nothing punk.
Some of us own our own business so we can do whatever we want with our time, it's called being successful. We also can afford a lot of guns because of that success. We also choose to live in gun friendly states that don't interfere with our rights. Since none of this applies to you then that pretty much makes you stupid. Shouldn't you be at work supporting all the slackers in your state that has been bleeding your state and you dry? Shouldn't you work 2 jobs to pay for your prisons full of thugs? Shouldn't you be working 3 jobs to pay the health care on the hood rats that keep making babies but don't know who the daddy is or have a job but keep making them babies anyway? You don't have time for this so get yourself to work boy.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#82902 Nov 24, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> The north better do a better job than before, they lost twice as many men as the south and a bullet to the head of their leader that started the war then called it a win. Well there is not much to worry about seeing as the north gave up their guns it should be a turkey shoot this time.
You just HAD to go there.

Y'all just called it a win!

It took the black troops fighting for the north to prevail!

When did we give up our guns?

Cool down there Jonny Reb, the next UN-civil war will not be north/south, close, but not quite the same.

You and I might be on the same side!
Responsible

Gadsden, AL

#82903 Nov 24, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yes, I am that stupid and proud of it."
Ok...I do admire one who is able to recognize their limitations...too bad you aren't willing to do something about it.
"The Indians agreed to live on reservations because they were starving and freezing. They weren't "overpowered' by the gov't."
So why were they "starving and freezing"...? Why couldn't they do what they had been doing for thousands of years before then...? I guess that's where some of your stupidity comes in.
"Of course I take responsibility for my personal safety AND security."
How..?..you have 911 on speed dial and wait..?
Dear Madman,

The Indians always starved & froze in the winter months, BUT it was getting MUCH worse because buffalo hunters were now shooting most of the buffalo for their hides. Hence, no buffalo, no food. They didn't grow vegetables etc because they moved every few weeks. When the buffalo were plenty, they followed the buffalo.

You were saying??

Always,
Recherche
Responsible

Gadsden, AL

#82904 Nov 24, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Some of us own our own business so we can do whatever we want with our time, it's called being successful. We also can afford a lot of guns because of that success. We also choose to live in gun friendly states that don't interfere with our rights. Since none of this applies to you then that pretty much makes you stupid. Shouldn't you be at work supporting all the slackers in your state that has been bleeding your state and you dry? Shouldn't you work 2 jobs to pay for your prisons full of thugs? Shouldn't you be working 3 jobs to pay the health care on the hood rats that keep making babies but don't know who the daddy is or have a job but keep making them babies anyway? You don't have time for this so get yourself to work boy.
Listen to Trey Boasting!

Just because you own your own bidness, doesn't make you successful. Does it?

Kentucky Fried Chicken franchise?
Responsible

Gadsden, AL

#82905 Nov 24, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
That quote was from the other person...NOT mine.
"Thought we were talkin bout guns?"
We were...go ask "responsible", she brought up the Indians in some failed attempt to support her position.
I thought I would give yous a Little Education about the savages...

No harm in trying...
Responsible

Gadsden, AL

#82906 Nov 24, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
You say this;
"For some strange reason - SOME people feel sorry for the Indians. I don't. They only wanted to do two things. Fight and hunt. That was it. They were totally chauvinistic. Kind of like you guys."
Then call us "hate mongers"...ROTFLMAO.
Dearest Madman,

Yes, what's wrong with that?

Maybe you could roll off a cliff. Then I would, ROTFLMAO!

Recherche
Responsible

Gadsden, AL

#82907 Nov 24, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Would you like me to tell you what they did to innocent families - that were just trying to make a life for themselves in America?"
No thanks...you're too stupid, remember..? Besides, I already know.
"What were you saying?"
About what..?
"IM Responsible"
No you're not...you're a Darwin Award winner waiting to happen.
Madman!

You Do Not Know.

Stop acting like a know-it-all.

You would be singing a different tune if your family had to endure what those families did.

They Weren't military - The Were civilians. See the Difference?

Always,
Recherche
Responsible

Gadsden, AL

#82908 Nov 24, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> You did notice twice as many yankees died during the civil war as southerners? And only a smart yankee would call that a win. Haa Haa Haa.
Twice as many yankees died because there were twice as many yankees fighting the war.
The north had the dough, too.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#82909 Nov 24, 2012
Responsible wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Madman,
The Indians always starved & froze in the winter months, BUT it was getting MUCH worse because buffalo hunters were now shooting most of the buffalo for their hides. Hence, no buffalo, no food. They didn't grow vegetables etc because they moved every few weeks. When the buffalo were plenty, they followed the buffalo.
You were saying??
Always,
Recherche
Dude, you are SOOOOO IGNORANT!!!!!!

We did NOT "always starve & freeze"!

As for those Buffalo, The multi-milloin animal herds were an example of a habitat that was OUT of balance!!!

The clouds of passenger pigeons that blotted out the sun were another example of a species out of balance!

Pigeons in numbers like that leave a layer of pigeon scat 3 inches deep after they have passed over an area, YOU want to live in 3 inches of pigeon scat???

Examinations of our old food scrap dumps and habitat evaluations of what was extant on the ground have shown much lower populations when we were in control of the habitat.

When the spanish landed in florida in the 1500's, they dropped off pigs and smallpox.

The smallpox destroyed our populations and there was nobody left to manage the wildlife.

What you White/Brown and Black boat people saw was a country that had "run wild" for 200yrs!

Our cities were overgrown and rotted, the animals were NOT being managed, etc!
Responsible

Gadsden, AL

#82910 Nov 24, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>That is weak, man!
You WOULD hit somebody from behind, would'nt you?
Again with the crafted scenarios, it won't wash.
You know what you sound like?
"Meteors frighten me, there ought to be a law!"
Daddy cannot make all the scary things go away, sorry.
I would hit YOU from behind if I knew who you were.

It's not week, man! It's a real possibility.

Tell me what YOU would do, if someone came up behind you and whacked you wit the pipe?

You would be on your knees, begging for a cop to help you. Would Love To Be There.

And?

Always,
Chuckle
Responsible

Gadsden, AL

#82911 Nov 24, 2012
It must be Saturday.

Everyone is off.

Hope yous enjoy your weekend.

I will hold down the fort.

Recherche
Responsible

Gadsden, AL

#82912 Nov 24, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, you are SOOOOO IGNORANT!!!!!!
We did NOT "always starve & freeze"!
As for those Buffalo, The multi-milloin animal herds were an example of a habitat that was OUT of balance!!!
The clouds of passenger pigeons that blotted out the sun were another example of a species out of balance!
Pigeons in numbers like that leave a layer of pigeon scat 3 inches deep after they have passed over an area, YOU want to live in 3 inches of pigeon scat???
Examinations of our old food scrap dumps and habitat evaluations of what was extant on the ground have shown much lower populations when we were in control of the habitat.
When the spanish landed in florida in the 1500's, they dropped off pigs and smallpox.
The smallpox destroyed our populations and there was nobody left to manage the wildlife.
What you White/Brown and Black boat people saw was a country that had "run wild" for 200yrs!
Our cities were overgrown and rotted, the animals were NOT being managed, etc!
Dear Blight,

Isn't it kind of early to be drinking? Whatever makes you happy, I guess.

What is scat? No, I don't want to live in pigeon scat. Smelly and slimy. How bout you?

Yes! the Indians froze and starved during the winter months. The widdle kids would cry for food.
They didn't have central heat or even space heaters. A fire in your teepee could only do so much.

They were also - very dirty people. They had bugs crawling on them. Something like maggots. OMG.

The guys didn't like hair on their bodies. They would tweeze the hairs. Didn't know they had tweezers then.

Thank God for the boat people. The Indians would have killed off ALL the whites and they would still be living in teepees. No computers - no nothing!

I need a good stiff drink...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should they teach this in schools? Mon okimar 3
News FPC Vows Legal Action on Approved California As... Aug 4 jimwildrickjr 1
News WVa AG: Manchin Should Resign Dem Leadership Role Aug 4 JohnInLa 3
News The NRA And The Worst Ad You May Ever See Jul 31 Red Crosse 185
History of the .233 Remington Jul 31 SummerBB8 1
News Heidi Harris: CCW's On The Rise Jul 29 Get Out 2
News Country singer Scotty McCreery cited for Jul 25 Been There Done That 4
More from around the web