It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103299 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77754 Sep 24, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you want a medal? you're for, I am against so I have a right to my point of view as much as you do, and that is that only idiots own guns (as has been proven many times on this site) when they are not needed....and you're an idiot.
Let me see, I advocate exercising rights and you advocate restricting them.

Piss off dipshit, we have been slapping bigots like you for 6o years.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77756 Sep 24, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain?
What, too many words. Ok.

You're an idiot.

Simple, elegant, and to the point.
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#77757 Sep 24, 2012
sid wrote:
<quoted text>
No old mate, not conspiracy theorist, a reality realist, you say economics rule our society but you are free as people, so don't you live in society, do you live free in your cave in the mountains, you can't even criticise your government or you will end up in the can. Your rights to freedom of speech, thought and action have almost been entirely removed from your so called society, you have never had less freedom but maybe you don't realise it, like an animal born in captivity it has never known freedom so doesn't know what freedom is.
Buddy...you're lost.

Our rights to critisize our government are intact moron. Our rights to freedom of speech are intact dumbass. And we have a full set of abilities to think freely dipshit.

WTF is wrong with you consipracy theorist???

LOL!!!

Since: Feb 11

Cambridge, UK

#77759 Sep 24, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
I am now thinking that wondering what the description of a disingenuous gun would be, is likely to be an excersize in futility for self evident reasons.
I do however, genuinely wonder what a person who thinks that inanimate objects are capable of self action and emotion, would believe an accurate description of a disingenuous gun to be.
Hmmm,tricky.

www.gunsinternational.com/Antique-Unwin-Rodge... ..

Thats the best I can come up with.

Cambridge, UK

#77760 Sep 24, 2012

Cambridge, UK

#77761 Sep 24, 2012
Sorry about this,,,the link doesent seem to work, I will look elsewhere.

Cambridge, UK

#77762 Sep 24, 2012

Cambridge, UK

#77763 Sep 24, 2012
Right got it,,,lol,,,if you go to the last link I posted, and then look up antique pistols and revolvers 1500-1850 you will find the Unwin Rodgers Knife Pistol.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77764 Sep 24, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just some troll who likes to display this misplaced anger as a form of your social life.
I don't know you personally but from what you've displayed in here you need this interaction no matter how negative it is given it's the only interaction you really have with people.
Your "arguments" are not only flawed but go nowhere.
I have friends whom are for gun control and albeit we disagree their arguments have a substance whereas all you can display is some weird form of angst and a need to keep coming back on points already made.
You're lost and I for one am done with you.
Have a nice life and good luck.
I think you hit that bullseye!

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77765 Sep 24, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Dan! I am against guns, I want idiots like you not to have them because (as shown on this site) you are a lunatic and where there is one there are always more, and you threaten the well being of saner unarmed individuals...
Have one! if needed for your job, but not as a claim to self defence against your fellow man that clearl shows your inability to find a cure for the problems at hand....
I don't bring facts to a emotional gun fight, because even if it can be proven (beyond a shaddow of a doubt) gun ownership in your country is like all fanatasism clouds the brain and blinds the eyes, where you think yours is definately the right way, even after the most horrific things possible has taken place the death of your kids and inocents, and you will still find and twist your way to justify your right to hang on to said guns so fact are clearly irrelevant to you!
In your country you have a right to own a gun or many gun, but that doesn't make it right!
Jane you ignorant slut,

you project your violent tendencies on to others and blame them for being violent. And use that as an excuse to disarm them.

You are the one who should not be allowed near a gun.

Yet, I would never advocate that.

Lock your crazy ass up sure, after due process.

Just pathetic.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77766 Sep 24, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would an old man just kill me...does he own a gun? LOL
Justifiable homicide.

Mainly to shut yer noisy yap up.

And he would probably do it by making you wear shoes in the kitchen.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77767 Sep 24, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so then no chance of you ever cracking or having a mental breakdown in the future and using that gun on your family or others is that right Tray?
I am sure that is what the family and friends of those that committed those masacre's in your country thought....look at Anders Breivik of Norway, how many thought he would do what he did(plenty after the fact) but how many saw him as a mass murderer till the deed was done...that is the denial you are living with and having a gun in nearly every home assures that this type of thing will happen over and over because you can have all the guns in the world but when someone snaps most are unaware until many have been shot, sure they will either turn the gun on themselves or go down in a hail of bullets but in the many cases you have had in America how did that stop what happened? it just proves that most of you live with a false sense of security...funny that!
I guess we need to remove all your cooking pans.

It is just a matter of time before you snap again and try to poison everyone in your house.

Wait, you did that last week and called it food poisoning.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77768 Sep 24, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Danny Boy,(do you actually think?) if my social life is empty, what then would be your excuse be for being here as often as me, you moron?
And guns affect everyone everywhere and seeing this is an open forum and you (being a yank) should believe in free speach (lol) then I am committed to speaking freely, but if you can't handle the truth and want a closed shop where everyone agrees with you then find another forum...and block me, can't be a commie in this forum...Sad for you eh!
We know you have no life, numbnuts. You're here with us, eh!

Spending time with people you consider dangerous and don't like.

I am surprised your "mates" have not asked you to quit obsessing.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77769 Sep 24, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am saying that any individual that uses a gun for protection is an idiot, regardless of his right to do so, and anyone that disagrees with that after seeing the affects of them in the hands of some of these so called law abiding gun owners are morons. People who take the middle ground cause the most problems especially in an issue where lives are at stake it shows a weakness to commit.
Jane you ignorant slut,

the police shoot hundreds of innocent bystanders each year,

to date, NO CCW holders have ever shot an innocent bystander.

My God but you are a ditz.

You have to be blond.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77770 Sep 24, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Attempting to tell another poster that he's 'sinking into shit' when you are already 10 feet under that shit, is just so precious, that it beggers belief!
I think the Chinese Power Ranger is correct.

She just needs a big dick.

Apparently she thinks she can find one here.
NoBlamer 2012

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#77772 Sep 24, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane you ignorant slut,
the police shoot hundreds of innocent bystanders each year,
to date, NO CCW holders have ever shot an innocent bystander.
My God but you are a ditz.
You have to be blond.
true

look at that shooting in nyc a couple weeks ago

all the bystanders were shot by police

the police dont need firearms to fill out a report after the fact

when seconds count, the police are only minutes away
Louiston

Omaha, NE

#77773 Sep 24, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
God love it, another troll... and look he can make a funny name out of words, very good what is your next trick eating your boogies.
That's your schtick, A-Hole Mama.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77774 Sep 24, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies, what lies are these exactly, seeing you are adept at writing lots and saying bugger all....come on doc give me those lies you are declaring that I tell, and lets have them one by one and I shall endeavour to correct your falseness with truths....if you dare!
Lying sack of excreta.

Here you go,

Bombs are not as available as guns. SInce you cliam you are not ignorant (hahahahaha) then you are a lying sack of crap.

Jane you ignorant slut, what do you think the crazy ragheads are using.

WHat do you think the columbine boys used (8 did not go off because the cheap alarm clock had a plastic striker)

The theater shooter had bombs everywhere.

McVeigh used a big bomb,

my God can you get any more pathetic.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77775 Sep 24, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
In the case of being provided so called case after case of preventable deaths by owning a weapon all have been produced by a one side view point were at not time have they listed the ammount of victims that had their own guns used on them or fact in regards to the damage caused by accidental deaths and how many by guns or people who have been wrongly shot by a vigilante...so excuse me if I see the facts presented as only one side of the argument.
I have not once spewed anything but the truth and if you call that propaganda it is to be expected, especially by idiots who have no interest in seeing if guns fail to support their claims.
There have been a few people brave enough to present the facts to them as they know them for the oposition to guns and they have been attacked and abused, verbally and savagely for daring to question the position of all those on here(which is the majority for gun control).
I find their actions both gutless and ignorant and it shows they don't believe there is another side which would see their guns taken for good reason.
So you like most of the bigoted gun lovers on this site aren't after the truth you are just after to shout and shut anyone up that opposes you....
I find that abhorrant and thier stance one of pack of bullies and the reason I weighed in.
And as for what I know, I know what you know and I have read what you have read, unless you have been involved with each incident personally, which I doubt that is possible even for law enforcement, so until kindly tell me the case by case issue and we will hash it out if you are game, that way we will definately know if you have a greater access to knowledge than others on the planet?
JAne you pathetic slut, I have posted this before, you were too stupid then to understand.

Try again.

http://silverunderground.com/2012/07/auditing...

When the cops stop a mass shooter, they average 14.3 deaths per event.

When an armed citizens stops a mass shooter, they average 2.3 deaths.

You're not to stupid to understand simple math, eh, poltroon.
twilliger

Macquarie Park, Australia

#77776 Sep 24, 2012
I think ahomana likes to be raped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DNC Chair Frontrunner Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Min... Sun Slit354 3
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... (Jun '16) Sun Moanz8838 2,495
My self defense method Dec 3 justice 10
News Ban shooting in and around subdivisions Dec 3 duzitreallymatter 1
News St. Louis Alderwoman Introduces 'Assault Weapon... Nov 19 duzitreallymatter 1
News The power and glory of the comma Nov 15 Flintstonegeek 1
News President Obama Continues Early Release of Arme... Nov 13 tome 1
More from around the web