It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103296 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Dan

Sacramento, CA

#77443 Sep 21, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Have all you apes just climbed out of the trees and have no clue of which century this is because you keep carrying on like bitch is a word that bothers women, when women know full well when any man uses that term it is because they feel inadequate in some way or small dick syndrome.
No one at this point is convinced you are a woman.

Since: Feb 11

Saint Neots, UK

#77444 Sep 21, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it now...then why does it make me feel so good!
Limited IQ

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77445 Sep 21, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I am 60 married nearly 40 years to the second greatest man I have ever known the first was my father and have two grown kids...
I grew up on a farm but now live in the city.
I am negative to people who are negative to me.
O horsecrap, you are a lonely old bitch (or bob, but I repeat myself) who bitches and whines and insults as soon as they are shown the error of their ways.

Jesus you're pathetic.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77446 Sep 21, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey helmet too tight, do you know the meaning of that reference or are you just pissing in the wind hoping you will hit something?
Ahh, refernces, you fart and call it sweet, that explains everything, Bob.

or should I say, Bob2Bob

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77447 Sep 21, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Have all you apes just climbed out of the trees and have no clue of which century this is because you keep carrying on like bitch is a word that bothers women, when women know full well when any man uses that term it is because they feel inadequate in some way or small dick syndrome.
actually I am calling you a female dog,
and I apologize to all the dogs out there.

Saint Neots, UK

#77448 Sep 21, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
My answer again asked and answered, go look for it....
Well,, I thought you said you would stand and watch your family suffer,, Due to a normal human reaction at the cold heart you appeared to show, I put it down to my reading skills,, and offered you the opportunity to embarrass me,,,please prove me to be an idiot.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77449 Sep 21, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you going on about, have you lost the plot or what!
Just trying to help you understand,
Quixotic of me, but I do try to help the underdeveloped to improve themselves.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77450 Sep 21, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Buzzzzzzz wrong again you dumb jock....loosen that bloody helmet!
They were also invented to allow people in the future to whine about all the criminals getting killed with guns.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77451 Sep 21, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one at this point is convinced you are a woman.
It's Bob2Bob, a little pissant we chased off of here a couple of years ago.

Or he just got released.

Saint Neots, UK

#77453 Sep 21, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh how will you take my gun from me you will have to pry it from my cold dead hands..you guys are a joke...and mentally retarded.
You clearly do not understand the words you have tried to qoute.

If you had any feelings for your loved ones, you would not have made this mistake.

Save for amusement,,time spent talking to you, is time ill spent.

Saint Neots, UK

#77454 Sep 21, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't need to hear your life's story and I don't give a shit about you personally or your safety, I can't see where you would have got that idea...I just care that there are less guns anywhere, it's not rocket science, you are just a casualty or will be.
You tell Dan your not interested in his life story, yet previously you said you were keen to know mine,,,,you little tease.

“Topix is lowlife scum with no”

Since: Jun 12

respect for anyone...

#77455 Sep 21, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
Guns are bad in the hands of idiots
Lots of things are bad in the hands of idiots, like keyboards for example.

Ahomana wrote:
and if the gun owners on this site are an example of the gun owners in the burbs then they have proven that very fact more expertly than I could.
Pretty big 'if' don't you think?
A handful of people you don't agree with are all of a sudden are an example of people everywhere?

Ahomana wrote:
I have clearly on many occassions( which you dumb arses fail to comprehend) stated my unbiased point of view but you morons go on the defensive because you can't justify your reasons each time another masacre occurs or another murder or accident as the result of a gun or guns (and I actually thought that you, at least understood that,)
Why wouldn't people go on the defensive?
You're trying to justify taking everyone's guns away just because a froot loop goes crazy while in control of a gun, or there's an accident involving a gun.
Using that logic you must be campaigning hard to remove everything from society that has killed someone or someone has had an accident with, good luck with that.

Why should law abiding people who do the right thing have their guns removed when they aren't the cause of any problems?

Ahomana wrote:
my bad, I should have stuck with what has been proven time after time on this site that you are all moronic tits.
ROTFL, well you're still here so I guess you fit right in :)

Saint Neots, UK

#77456 Sep 21, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe aloho is Bob, who we chased off of here a couple of years ago.
Either that, or he got sentenced.
Must have gotten early release.
Bob 2 Bob ? or before my time ?

Saint Neots, UK

#77457 Sep 21, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
For supposedly being sixty she's uneducated.
She assumes having the liberty to own guns heightens the murder rate among neighbors and will make one in four of us shoot the postman because he delivered the Christmas cards a day late.
She's an idiot. LOL!!!
All she advertises is that she has some enraged disdain for those of us with guns with no real specifics as to why outside of baseless claims.
Hell,,, I thought I was taking the piss out of a teenager.

Saint Neots, UK

#77458 Sep 21, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, refernces, you fart and call it sweet, that explains everything, Bob.
or should I say, Bob2Bob
I should have started here and worked back. Thought you were talking about Bob 2 Bob.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77459 Sep 21, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob 2 Bob ? or before my time ?
I am thinking bob 2 bob. Or some acquaintance. The dogged ignorance is different, bob at least would try to post references, and sometimes had good, but flawed arguments (in my opinion of course, bob disagreed). but this little pissant takes the cake. Ahs no ability to see or acknowledge evidence right in front of her.

Reminds me of the preachers at Salem that saw witches everywhere, without ever having evidence of any.

I now suspect an associate, perhaps a fringe nut who was around then.

Bob was never that dismally stupid. Or willfully ignorant. I have never met someone so afraid of facts.

Wait, some of the religious nuts I used to work with were like that.

Anyway, I may have to withdraw the bob accusation. She it is way to stupid to be bob2bob.

She makes bunny look good.
t clms

Victoria, Canada

#77461 Sep 21, 2012
Pessimist wrote:
I’ve started to think it’s not guns it’s just Americans.
Perfect.. That's hillarious....

and probably a big grain of truth..!!

Since: Dec 10

Adelaide, Australia

#77462 Sep 21, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
You have GOT to be a politician, because you completely disregarded the question and went off on your own tangent.
Whatever!

Adelaide, Australia

#77463 Sep 21, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell Dan your not interested in his life story, yet previously you said you were keen to know mine,,,,you little tease.
Because you are not human, so a tad more interesting, methinks.

Adelaide, Australia

#77464 Sep 21, 2012
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of things are bad in the hands of idiots, like keyboards for example.
<quoted text>
Pretty big 'if' don't you think?
A handful of people you don't agree with are all of a sudden are an example of people everywhere?
<quoted text>
Why wouldn't people go on the defensive?
You're trying to justify taking everyone's guns away just because a froot loop goes crazy while in control of a gun, or there's an accident involving a gun.
Using that logic you must be campaigning hard to remove everything from society that has killed someone or someone has had an accident with, good luck with that.
Why should law abiding people who do the right thing have their guns removed when they aren't the cause of any problems?
<quoted text>
ROTFL, well you're still here so I guess you fit right in :)
I am not wanting guns taken away because one froot loop went crazy, there were many incidents where people have used gun after they have lost the plot and I am saying judging from the ammount of you loonies on this site that there are many more of you out there...it's just a matter of time before another one of you looses your shit and inocent people will die at the end of a gun barrel, what are the chances of that do you think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court Continues to Reschedule Concealed... Jun 21 Daniel stollings 2
News Mass shooters tend to be domestic abusers first Jun 20 Jagermann 2
News GOP House hopeful says more in Congress should ... Jun 16 Red Crosse 3
Former University Professor Suggests the NRA Is... Jun 15 FormerParatrooper 5
News 2nd Amendment: Good Enough for Kim Kardashian, ... Jun 13 Billyball 4
News Bristol Palin is engaged (May '15) Jun 3 Grecian Formula 19 75
News New Thermal Scope Offers Amazing Night Vision Jun 2 OwenJames 1
More from around the web