It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 2,471)

Showing posts 49,401 - 49,420 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

Suesoon wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you, your gun an a few bullets going to stop the Gov. Even if you all have guns in America, impossible to defend yourself against your government lets face it, they would just poison the water a bit more than they already do.
You can think that if you wish subject.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Highlander wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but ~some~ bears like that spray on their food ...
:o)
In those cases I suggest you avoid spraying yourself with it.

I have seen the poor little tykes whose ignorant mothers sprayed them with it as if it was insect repellent. I saw them as they were loaded into the ambulance. Interestingly enough the mothers were not charged with a federal offense of misuse inconsistant with the labeling.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
How nice and predictable of you to prove and demonstrate WTFBBQ's point.
Has the 'F' dude ever let us down in that regard?
:o)

“" BITE ME "”

Since: Dec 10

Olney township

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

WTFBBQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see...
Deception, diversion, agitation, traducement, Bunny's little helper.
I gotcha.(btw since gotcha is a colloquialism for "I've got you", "ya" is redundant or grammatically incorrect. Not that I care it just really rolls off the tongue wrong.)
Learn the ways of English and you shall be rewarded gwasshoppa.
Ah, but at times a butterfly is only a butterfly

A pebble just a pebble....young gwasshoppa.

Jeeez, what are you....a walking Pocket Protector?

Of course it rolled off the tongue wrong, it was meant to stick to the roof of your mouth like peanut butter.

"I gotcha ya....Gwasshoppa"........ ?

See, I had the whole "Kung Fu, Shaolin priest" THING going there and you went and OVER ANALYZED it and spoiled the whole theme.

Thank you, Peter Poindexter, now I'll have to think of another one.

Now then,

"Bunnies little helper"?....I like that! it's cute and an attempt at humor...there might be hope for you yet.

But, do I detect a hint of Jealousy?

Wait a minute.....

Mr. WTFBBQ, are you trying to flex nuts with me? Let the left one drop first...All in good time, my petulant, puerile..... "Padawan".

Until next time... My young apprentice,

.......May the Force be with you.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Lots of different places

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
In those cases I suggest you avoid spraying yourself with it.
I have seen the poor little tykes whose ignorant mothers sprayed them with it as if it was insect repellent. I saw them as they were loaded into the ambulance. Interestingly enough the mothers were not charged with a federal offense of misuse inconsistant with the labeling.
Dear Lord! You're kidding about the kids being sprayed by their mothers, right?!?!
What the HELL were they thinking?

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
^How^ many can you find ...
Yyou only need one.

Only fools use pepper spray not backed up with a gun.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
How nice and predictable of you to prove and demonstrate WTFBBQ's point.
Um, m'am, I think his *point* was that he's in love with highlander. He proved that, himself.
Achron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

Empathica wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc,
An axiom is not synonymous with being "incorrect". Quite the opposite.....It's considered self evident.
To offer compromise is not an effort to forfeit freedom....But rather a tool to be used to RETAIN IT.. Within our modern society, political compromise is the very fabric that binds the republic together.
I do not advocate endless regulations. That doesn't mean to say --OR--read "I SEE NO PURPOSE FOR ANY."
I have stated countless times my views on crime and punishment....Get rid of our ridiculous laws regarding drug use. Lock other felons up, keep them locked up. If convicted of murder, rape or crimes against a child.....they should be put to death.
The rest of your blabber is so incoherent and without structure... I truly don't know how to address it.
And the sad thing, is the 'blabber' is a simple (overly simple) mechanic that occurs every day in life. It's statement of purpose and stituation is, as it stands, truth. It becomes the back ground noise reffered to as 'slow errosion'. The more people with draw from reality the more bandaids get added. All based on the same old premise that got them there in the first place. We as a people must first admit, prior to moving forward, it has proven to be a failure. Most put blind faith in legislation, it fails, we legislate more. Drugs is also an example. How law choses to legislate a medical defect.

You may want to note that axiom is self evident truth. Thank you for clarifying my sarchasm, yes, it was intended...

“" BITE ME "”

Since: Dec 10

Olney township

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

Achron wrote:
<quoted text>
And the sad thing, is the 'blabber' is a simple (overly simple) mechanic that occurs every day in life. It's statement of purpose and stituation is, as it stands, truth. It becomes the back ground noise reffered to as 'slow errosion'. The more people with draw from reality the more bandaids get added. All based on the same old premise that got them there in the first place. We as a people must first admit, prior to moving forward, it has proven to be a failure. Most put blind faith in legislation, it fails, we legislate more. Drugs is also an example. How law choses to legislate a medical defect.
You may want to note that axiom is self evident truth. Thank you for clarifying my sarchasm, yes, it was intended...
Howdy Doc,

Yeap...I got your sarcasm.

Just between you and I...did ya run off and google the definition of axiom?

No matter, it's all cool with me brother.

I'm glad we can agree on the ridiculous nature of prosecuting non-violent drug offenders but must say, I'm perplexed at your continued implication that political compromise equates to some exuberant cascade of new law. Could it? Sure....But I "could" yank purple monkeys out my butt... although, I have no real intention of doing either anytime soon.

I have proposed a few ideas on this thread that would require legislation, that's true. Having said that and concurrent with it, I also proposed the repeal of "bullshit" laws that truly are burdensome to well intentioned citizens.

I'm a realist Doc and HAD to learn early in life the art of compromise...Nothing ever gets solved without it.

You should try it....

Now before you get all red faced, wide-eyed and begin calling me anti-German and Communist....I have another concept for you to ponder.....

Decaf
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

I am not compromising with any anti-gunassholes EVER again. The only thing that is lost by doing it is MY RIGHTS, bit by bit. FK YOU & YOUR COMPROMISE. We have over 22,000 gun laws in this country & they have not stopped 1 single crime. If you don't want me to have them, come take them from me, youasshole.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Highlander wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Lord! You're kidding about the kids being sprayed by their mothers, right?!?!
What the HELL were they thinking?
I wish I was kidding. Those poor kids. Their skin was bright red and they were screaming their little heads off.
I swear, some folks who come out here vacationing, get up and the first thing they do is lay their brains on the night stand and then venture out in the great outdoors.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Yyou only need one.
Only fools use pepper spray not backed up with a gun.
Then brand me a fool if it will make you feel better.

“Tu ne cede malis”

Lots of different places

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I was kidding. Those poor kids. Their skin was bright red and they were screaming their little heads off.
I swear, some folks who come out here vacationing, get up and the first thing they do is lay their brains on the night stand and then venture out in the great outdoors.
Were you ever able to discover their reasoning for such a heinous act?
Achron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

Empathica wrote:
<quoted text>
Howdy Doc,
Yeap...I got your sarcasm.
Just between you and I...did ya run off and google the definition of axiom?
No matter, it's all cool with me brother.
I'm glad we can agree on the ridiculous nature of prosecuting non-violent drug offenders but must say, I'm perplexed at your continued implication that political compromise equates to some exuberant cascade of new law. Could it? Sure....But I "could" yank purple monkeys out my butt... although, I have no real intention of doing either anytime soon.
I have proposed a few ideas on this thread that would require legislation, that's true. Having said that and concurrent with it, I also proposed the repeal of "bullshit" laws that truly are burdensome to well intentioned citizens.
I'm a realist Doc and HAD to learn early in life the art of compromise...Nothing ever gets solved without it.
You should try it....
Now before you get all red faced, wide-eyed and begin calling me anti-German and Communist....I have another concept for you to ponder.....
Decaf
Lol, for lack of direction, I'll give you an 8. Google? Is that really part of leverage in your response? ROFLMAO, thanks, been busy today so I needed it.

"I'm perplexed at your continued implication that political compromise equates to some exuberant cascade of new law. "
a real simple and old one. Good ol mary j falls under legal issue as it has been classified as commerce.

The honest point of it is this: Do you honestly not think that mis-use and stringing together of certain laws has come out un-just? Only lawful through the right of 'justification'? Every once in a while someone pushes to far, gets it passed. Some are quickly overturned (what was it, a sexual offense to releive your self on the side of the road?) others, if enough mis-infomation is spread will hold. No matter how obtuse. Others nearly require out right war, reference: alcohol.

"I have proposed a few ideas on this thread that would require legislation, that's true. Having said that and concurrent with it, I also proposed the repeal of "bullshit" laws that truly are burdensome to well intentioned citizens."

Ah, now I get the almost cute comments. I have seen no such, fill me in then the above will be relevent.

Hell, I posted at least 3 times requesting some proposition:
Definition, mechanic, projected effect, targeted group should pretty much sum up the request. But no one offered anything of value beyond the obviously clowned stabs at well, hell, nothing....

And the reminder, the public have voted. There are laws in place. Any whining here and pointing, high 5'ing dosent count for the energy it took to strike those little square things your fingers are resting on. You have my attention, in a non-condesending kinda way. I'm Really Interested...So what's your plan?

\pulls up chair
\initiate beer aquisition protocole
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

Wolverine wrote:
I am not compromising with any anti-gunassholes EVER again. The only thing that is lost by doing it is MY RIGHTS, bit by bit. FK YOU & YOUR COMPROMISE. We have over 22,000 gun laws in this country & they have not stopped 1 single crime. If you don't want me to have them, come take them from me, youasshole.
And to top this off - I am not registering a fkn thing I own. And I will disobey any anti-gun law that is written from this point forward. FK YOU "we just need one more anti-gun law" folks & the horses you rode in on. NO MORE COMPROMISES WITH ANTIGUNASSHOLES!!!!
Achron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

Empathica wrote:
<quoted text>
You should try it....
Decaf
:) That would be like me makeing the accute mistake of guessing you drink coffee...

And no, decaf is for those with regulation (internal) issues... ;)

Comprimise. I hear that alot. Kinda like 'fear of change' you see so many people tauting (that actually its being used in advertising now..LOL). It's a funny statement. When engaging these kinds of things you surely know by now that the premise that all comprimises are good or all change is good is a bad thing to base anything on.

'of course not (insert self rep here) not saying it's all good'

and

"I'm a realist Doc and HAD to learn early in life the art of compromise...Nothing ever gets solved without it."

Go hand in hand. The first is backing off the premise that the second is inforcing. You know the implication that new comprimise overrides correction. So yes, I am aware of comprimse. And of it's overtly offensive/defensive uses....

So, again....Whats your plan?
Achron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
It's idiots like this that drive some of the bs legislation....laws ment to protect the stupid from themselves really take a toll on the rest of us....
Olds Cool

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

Wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>And to top this off - I am not registering a fkn thing I own. And I will disobey any anti-gun law that is written from this point forward. FK YOU "we just need one more anti-gun law" folks & the horses you rode in on. NO MORE COMPROMISES WITH ANTIGUNASSHOLES!!!!
When the authorities ban guns the Banks will supply them with details of who has made firearm purchases for the last ten years via HS.
They will probably send Magneto (Max Eisenhardt) to talk you down, or just use a tranquilliser dart.
Now have a cup of nice tea and a cinnamin bun whilest waiting for the inevitable.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

Wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>And to top this off - I am not registering a fkn thing I own. And I will disobey any anti-gun law that is written from this point forward. FK YOU "we just need one more anti-gun law" folks & the horses you rode in on. NO MORE COMPROMISES WITH ANTIGUNASSHOLES!!!!
Damn. To think you were always "the rational one"....

Veneta, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a violation of not only federal law, but moral and ethical laws to misuse a firearm too.
Your federal law violation argument becomes moot real fast when those sprays are used in a self defense posture to save your life or the lives of others.
BTW, you may have been "doused" with bear spray and still "functioned", but I'll wager it was consequential second hand unintentional dousing and not a direct and intentional hit on you.
If you fancy yourself tough enough and think you can still "function" and complete a physical attack on me after I intentionally spray you with it ... I'll take that wager and give you a week to draw a crowd and get yourself all psyched up for it.
You wanted proof I provided it. I did not say anything about becoming moot when your a$$ is on the line.

Yep the bear spray was a bit of stupidity on my partners and my part. Just had to give it a try, decided to test it with a 3 second burst and realized after to late wind pushed it back onto us head to toe covered.

I have been hit with many types of pepper spray for training purposes, so not acting tough or thinking I am tough. Matter of fact I refuse to be sprayed anymore.

I dont trust pepper spray at all. Used it to many times with no effect or little effect. And sorry I dont/didnt use the cheap civilian crap.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 49,401 - 49,420 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••