Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second Amendment

Nov 17, 2013 Full story: BizPacReview.com 12,176

A professor at the Texas A&M University School of Law claims that the Second Amendment should be shelved and replaced with something else.

Full Story

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#10217 Jun 17, 2014
Whatever happens on Obama's watch is HIS fault

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#10218 Jun 17, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? You aren't even trying, are you?
How about finding nations that are similar to the US to make comparisons to? How about other industrialized, first-world nations?
How about trying to be serious instead of immediately resorting to absurdity in order to dodge the issue?
BTW Danny Boy, there are NO nations "similar" to the USA. Our Constitution is a rather unique writ of freedom which NO other possess.
If you wish to compare industry facts and figures with other "similar industrialized, first-world nations" then by all means, have at it. The apples will be apples in that case.
To attempt comparison when it comes to the 2nd amendment and all it entails, is childishly ridiculous Danny. There is NO other with which to compare.
We came to have this 2nd amendment protection of our natural born right to keep and bear because our founders wished to distinguish and separate from the rest of the world where tyranny and oppression are the norm.
Now >you< wish to undo that and make the USA like the rest of the cesspool governments of the world.
Not on my watch sir.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#10219 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
It is impossible to have a discussion with you when you refuse to be honest about what you've said and continue to distort my position.
It is impossible to have a discussion with you when you refuse to acknowledge the facts of reality and instead label your own preferences and theories as facts.
Contra principia negantem non est disputandum.
No, it is impossible to have a discussion with you when you constantly deny reality and the consequences of the policies that you advocate.

At least you've picked up on the little bit of Latin I taught you. The phrase fits you so well.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#10220 Jun 17, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
You make a universal and unqualified claim, and when nailed on it, you bail, and want to change your own beginning premise and move the goal posts which YOU youtself set.
It is human nature on the discussion table ya idiot. People are the same everywhere in their innate behaviors. Where they live makes no difference.
Your claim of "consistent national laws" being the answer to gun violence has been defeated.
<smile>
It's cute how proud of yourself you are. LOL! Too bad you can't get an honest victory, huh?

So you genuinely believe that list of nations is so similar to the US that the only possible reason that they might have higher levels of gun violence than we do is because of a consistent national law? Please try to be reasonable.

And I never said "ban private ownership." You dishonestly added that part. I wonder why?
I've listed my proposals and none of them is banning private ownership. In fact - as I have repeatedly pointed out to you - none of them would prevent you from owning guns or defending yourself. Please try to be honest.

Obviously you want to avoid honest debate. I wonder why that would be? Maybe because you know you can't when when we keep it honest and fact-based.

Chambersburg, PA

#10221 Jun 17, 2014
scirocco wrote:
Whatever happens on Obama's watch is HIS fault
Even more than that - anything bad that happens anywhere in the world while Obama is President is his fault.

Or even more accurately - anything that rightwingers don't like that happens anywhere in the world while Obama is President is his fault.

These beliefs are symptomatic of a disease called Obama Derangement Syndrome.

LOL!

Location hidden

#10222 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
There you go again - attributing things to me that I've never advocated. Nothing I have proposed would in any way restrict your rights or prevent you from defending yourself.
Our right to keep and bear arms is no different than any of our other rights - it is not unlimited. Hopefully one day you'll be able to understand that concept.
I charge you with accurate claim Danny Boy.
You have clearly stated many times that you wish ALL citizens to comply with restrictions that you say are aimed at only stopping the ones who are committing crimes when using a gun.
You say it is "reasonable". Millions disagree with your assessment sir.
When you demand that the citizens who are NOT the ones committing the gun crimes, be also required to "prove" their innocence (which in and of itself is unconstitutional) by complying with laws aimed at the criminal element, your aim is off target from the setup and has NO chance in hell of accomplishing what you claim is your goal ... reduced gun violence.
You piss off the silent sleeping giant (the true Americans) badly enough by demanding they jump through hoops to retain what they were born with intact, and you will lose to it's wrath.
Time is on the side of those who know their unalienable rights are sovereign and personal possessions from birth which NO man or written edict bestowed upon them.
You are on the losing side Danny. History will once again show your way of controlling others is a narcissistic pipe dream. The freedom loving people will once again rise to the challenge and defeat your philosophy sir.
Yep2

Watseka, IL

#10223 Jun 17, 2014
So far I've found about 50 BOGUS "school shootings" on the Everytown list.

All the ones listed for my state are BOGUS.

Chambersburg, PA

#10224 Jun 17, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW Danny Boy, there are NO nations "similar" to the USA. Our Constitution is a rather unique writ of freedom which NO other possess.
If you wish to compare industry facts and figures with other "similar industrialized, first-world nations" then by all means, have at it. The apples will be apples in that case.
To attempt comparison when it comes to the 2nd amendment and all it entails, is childishly ridiculous Danny. There is NO other with which to compare.
We came to have this 2nd amendment protection of our natural born right to keep and bear because our founders wished to distinguish and separate from the rest of the world where tyranny and oppression are the norm.
No serious person denies that the US is very similar to the rest of the industrialized world in every relevant way. Economists, political scientists, and social scientists compare the US to Europe all the time.

But for some reason you don't want to do that. It's almost like you know that such comparisons make you look bad and undermine all your arguments.

BTW - I described the evidence I've used to reach my conclusions. And I challenged you to do the same. Yet you continue to avoid doing that. I wonder why? Hmmm... LOL!
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Now >you< wish to undo that and make the USA like the rest of the cesspool governments of the world.
Not on my watch sir.
Again, you are being dishonest about what I've said. You are ascribing beliefs and opinions to me that I have specifically rejected.

Why do you stubbornly refuse to debate what I've actually said? Why do you insist on debating false positions you've ascribed to me instead?

Hmmm... It's almost like you KNOW you'll lose if we stick to the truth and the facts. Like your declaring victory is only possible when you've set up a strawman to argue with.

LOL!

Location hidden

#10225 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
So you genuinely believe that list of nations is so similar to the US that the only possible reason that they might have higher levels of gun violence than we do is because of a consistent national law? Please try to be reasonable.
I said the exact opposite strawman.

I said THERE ARE NO "SIMILAR" OTHERS WITH WHICH TO COMPARE.

I said THE USA IS UNIQUE WITH HER CONSTITUTION.

"Unique" means ONLY ONE.

Chambersburg, PA

#10226 Jun 17, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I charge you with accurate claim Danny Boy.
You have clearly stated many times that you wish ALL citizens to comply with restrictions that you say are aimed at only stopping the ones who are committing crimes when using a gun.
You say it is "reasonable". Millions disagree with your assessment sir.
When you demand that the citizens who are NOT the ones committing the gun crimes, be also required to "prove" their innocence (which in and of itself is unconstitutional) by complying with laws aimed at the criminal element, your aim is off target from the setup and has NO chance in hell of accomplishing what you claim is your goal ... reduced gun violence.
You piss off the silent sleeping giant (the true Americans) badly enough by demanding they jump through hoops to retain what they were born with intact, and you will lose to it's wrath.
Time is on the side of those who know their unalienable rights are sovereign and personal possessions from birth which NO man or written edict bestowed upon them.
You are on the losing side Danny. History will once again show your way of controlling others is a narcissistic pipe dream. The freedom loving people will once again rise to the challenge and defeat your philosophy sir.
Oh brother!

Were you playing "God Bless America" in the background when you wrote that drivel?

Every modern, industrialized, western nation (except the US) has implemented reasonable and effective gun regulation that has cut their gun violence rates to a FRACTION of ours. The US has far and away the most gun violence of any stable, industrialized, wealthy nation.

It is only a matter of time until we also reject your irrational, paranoid gun nut fearmongering and go the same way. Moving toward progress and increased civilization has always been this nation's pattern.

THAT is the direction history is headed in, friend. And you are the one on the wrong side, not me.

Location hidden

#10227 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
No serious person denies that the US is very similar to the rest of the industrialized world in every relevant way.!
EXCEPT our Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and our other governmental restrictions.

Apples and oranges.

Chambersburg, PA

#10228 Jun 17, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I said the exact opposite strawman.
I said THERE ARE NO "SIMILAR" OTHERS WITH WHICH TO COMPARE.
I said THE USA IS UNIQUE WITH HER CONSTITUTION.
"Unique" means ONLY ONE.
And I said you are quite simply wrong and I explained why.

That's not a strawman. That's furthering the debate.

And obviously you have no response.

Looks like you declared victory a little prematurely, son. LOL!

Location hidden

#10229 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
. Economists, political scientists, and social scientists compare the US to Europe all the time.
!
So?
Big deal.
Proves absolutely nothing.

I can write a comparison of a rock to a Corvette too, and that too would prove nothing of worth.

Chambersburg, PA

#10230 Jun 17, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Big deal.
Proves absolutely nothing.
I can write a comparison of a rock to a Corvette too, and that too would prove nothing of worth.
As your comparison of the US to violent 3rd world countries proves nothing.

You've obviously abandoned even trying to stay on topic and have honest debate. Thanks for playing today. Better luck next time. LOL!

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#10231 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
And I said you are quite simply wrong and I explained why.
That's not a strawman. That's furthering the debate.
And obviously you have no response.
Looks like you declared victory a little prematurely, son. LOL!
Watch out Danny Boy. Like I told you, your denial doesn't change the fact that the USA is COMPLETELY, 100% unique.........especially when it comes to the restrictions placed on government by the constitution. You’re the one who's wrong but, of course, your Narcissism prevents you from being truthful and objective. Enjoy your defeat..........

Chambersburg, PA

#10232 Jun 17, 2014
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Watch out Danny Boy. Like I told you, your denial doesn't change the fact that the USA is COMPLETELY, 100% unique.........especially when it comes to the restrictions placed on government by the constitution. You’re the one who's wrong but, of course, your Narcissism prevents you from being truthful and objective. Enjoy your defeat..........
ROFLMAO!!

Whoops!

I believe you just confirmed a number of things I suspected about you.

LMAO!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10235 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Your links are irrelevant since none of them address the fact that a patchwork of laws don't work so we need a consistent national law.
You can continue to post irrelevant, feel-good articles but none of them addresses that simple fact, so why should I waste any time responding to them as if they are relevant?
We got National Fire Arm Laws already in place which is why your post is irrelevant and your also saying that National Fire Arm Laws are meaningless and irrelevant that have been in place for years that the Liberals passed into law and those articles that I posted confirm it is what your saying and why your contradicting yourself and Chicago Illinois has proved your thinking wrong too which there has beend no gun stores and no law abiding citizen was able to own or possess a gun in Chicago for 30 years which proves Gun Laws & National Gun Laws are meaningless to criminals and they dont adhere to the law which is why they are criminals and they thrive where the Liberals have banned guns with their Gun Control Laws and most of the mass shooting have taken place in Liberal controlled states too.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10236 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Another gunner who can't comprehend the difference between unconstitutional voter ID laws that violate voters rights and constitutional gun regulations that do not.
Opposition to the first and support of the second is a perfectly consistent and completely pro-freedom stance.
Too bad you have it completely backwards - you support the unconstituional suppression of the vote while objecting to the constitutional regulation of guns to expand our freedom of safety and freedom from fear.
Why do gunners hate America and liberty? Why?
Voter ID here in Indiana in 2008 was ruled Constitutional by the SCOTUS and the reason Liberals including the ones on the National Level have a problem with it is because they cant cheat on the elections like they have for years and know Liberalism as they know it is in trouble socially and economically and they will do anything in their power even if it goes against the US Constitution to save Liberalism as Liberals today know it.

High court upholds Indiana's voter ID law

From Bill Mears

CNN Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON (CNN)-- The Supreme Court on Monday backed Indiana's law requiring voters to show photo identification, despite concerns thousands of elderly, poor and minority voters could be locked out of their right to cast ballots.

Indiana can require voter identification for next month's presidential primary, the Supreme Court ruled.

The 6-3 vote allows Indiana to require the identification when it holds its statewide primary next week. It also will give most state legislatures time to revise their voter laws for the November elections.

This was perhaps the biggest voter rights case taken up by the justices since the 2000 dispute over Florida's ballots, in which George W. Bush prevailed to gain the presidency.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/28/scotus...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10238 Jun 17, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
I got you cold Whopper - what a dunce you are.
Dangerous and unusual weapons?
All weapons are dangerous<
Why don't you explain that to the SCOTUS.

Though... they seem to know what they are talking about.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10239 Jun 17, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
They don't want to talk about
Man carries smoking AR-15 into college library after murdering woman in front of building and gun gnutters insist it doesn't count as school shooting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Concealed weapons law costing Idaho colleges $3... 1 hr The real zeke 29
Obama to ban AR-15 bullets 5 hr Here Is One 7
Kahr PM40 problems (Apr '06) Feb 25 BFMJAM63 188
Wisconsin CCW permit Homicide rate lower than J... Feb 22 Tory II 1
CCRKBA makes it official, backs CCW reciprocity... Feb 22 Tory II 1
Joe The Plumber Stands By Shocking Holocaust Ch... (Jun '12) Feb 18 swedenforever 6
Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) Feb 17 swedenforever 102
More from around the web