Texas law professor calls for repeal ...

Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second Amendment

There are 12163 comments on the BizPacReview.com story from Nov 17, 2013, titled Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second Amendment. In it, BizPacReview.com reports that:

A professor at the Texas A&M University School of Law claims that the Second Amendment should be shelved and replaced with something else.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BizPacReview.com.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#10198 Jun 17, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you can look up the definition, so there's no point in my asking you to define it. But the incorrect way you used the term in your previous post reveals that you really don't know what it means.
But keep trying to appear knowledgeable about something. Some day you'll actually hit one. LOL!
Excuse me? It was your incorrect use of the term that got this conversation started. DUH! Get over yourself, will ya. This is not the world according to Danny.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#10199 Jun 17, 2014
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me? It was your incorrect use of the term that got this conversation started. DUH! Get over yourself, will ya. This is not the world according to Danny.
Wow, it's rare to see Freudian Projection done so completely transparently. This is the most clueless, utterly immature example I think I've ever seen.

Turns out you ARE good at something, Squash. LOL!

Chambersburg, PA

#10200 Jun 17, 2014
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Does a "sick person" have a constitutional right to kill innocent people? Does a violent criminal who has been released on parole have a constitutional right to commit more violent crimes? I advocate for the effective control of those who will not or cannot abide by our laws and present a danger to society at large. On the other hand, you and your fellow anti-gun nuts advocate for penalizing everyone in the hope that you might accidentally have an impact on the delinquent and the deranged (they don't obey the laws we have now and won't obey any new ones either). Human rights DO NOT include the right to kill and maim innocent people and those who commit violent crimes as well as those who are deranged do not get a free pass. Try again.....
You would lock up mentally ill people and throw away the key based on the say-so of one person. That's what you've said.

And that, my friend, is completely unconstitutional.

Likewise those who have served their time. Keeping people imprisoned based on what you THINK they MIGHT do in the future is not only unconstitutional, it is morally repugnant.

Your "solutions" are nothing but scapegoating and unlawful discrimination. IOW - they aren't solutions at all - merely rhetorical tools you use to avoid addressing the real issue.

Boggy Creek

#10201 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
You would lock up mentally ill people and throw away the key based on the say-so of one person. That's what you've said.
And that, my friend, is completely unconstitutional.
Likewise those who have served their time. Keeping people imprisoned based on what you THINK they MIGHT do in the future is not only unconstitutional, it is morally repugnant.
Your "solutions" are nothing but scapegoating and unlawful discrimination. IOW - they aren't solutions at all - merely rhetorical tools you use to avoid addressing the real issue.
I have never said anything about locking up the mentally ill and throwing away the key. What I said was they need to be controlled for their own safety and the safety of others. That may or may not include confinement. I have also never said anything about keeping people locked up based on what I think they might do. What I said was keep people locked up based on what they have already proven they will do. I did say repeat violent offenders, ya know. Try to pay attention. Your liberal philosophy and your liberal judges are the reason we have so many extremely dangerous and unstable people walking free among us so I can understand why you don't like hearing the truth.

Boggy Creek

#10202 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Wow, it's rare to see Freudian Projection done so completely transparently. This is the most clueless, utterly immature example I think I've ever seen.
Turns out you ARE good at something, Squash. LOL!
That's what you always say when the truth strikes a nerve. Laugh all you like Danny Boy, the joke's still on you.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#10203 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Your links are irrelevant since none of them address the fact that a patchwork of laws don't work so we need a consistent national law.
You can continue to post irrelevant, feel-good articles but none of them addresses that simple fact, so why should I waste any time responding to them as if they are relevant?
Dan, your bullshit about the guns being used in Chicago's high gun crime rates, are being purchased outside the line of the gun ban laws in Illinois, has been thoroughly debunked each of the times you have posted that crap.
Your "uniform" gun ban laws will also be plagued with the same problem as Chicago now (assuming for a second of course your bullshit claim is valid). There will always be somewhere "outside the lines".
Your insistence that the innocent must be punished along with the guilty is disturbing.

Furthermore;
Your crap here > " none of them address the fact that a patchwork of laws don't work "
is not even a fact. There is no evidence of any kind that proves your claim WOULD work even after your "consistent national law" would be enacted. therefore your claim of a "fact" is pure conjecture and but simple wishful thinking on your part.

Chambersburg, PA

#10204 Jun 17, 2014
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I have never said anything about locking up the mentally ill and throwing away the key. What I said was they need to be controlled for their own safety and the safety of others. That may or may not include confinement. I have also never said anything about keeping people locked up based on what I think they might do. What I said was keep people locked up based on what they have already proven they will do. I did say repeat violent offenders, ya know. Try to pay attention.
You have indeed said lock 'em up and throw away the key. You've also said to let them rot. Try to be honest.
Squach wrote:
Your liberal philosophy and your liberal judges are the reason we have so many extremely dangerous and unstable people walking free among us so I can understand why you don't like hearing the truth.
This is, of course, complete horseshit. You love repeating it because it gives you the opportunity to bash liberals, but the fact of the matter is that prison and sentencing reform has always been bi-partisan. Everyone with a brain recognizes that mindlessly throwing everyone in jail doesn't work and is causing states to go bankrupt.

Chambersburg, PA

#10205 Jun 17, 2014
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>That's what you always say when the truth strikes a nerve. Laugh all you like Danny Boy, the joke's still on you.
The joke IS you. You blame me for doing the thing that you JUST did and act like you're serious. Everybody who sees your constant pathological denial and blame knows exactly what you are.

Location hidden

#10206 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>

At worst you may be inconvenienced. Oppression is simply a hysterical overreaction by someone protecting their privilege.
There you go again. Advocating the innocent also be forced to take the medicine meant and supposedly designed for the guilty.
The right to keep and bear is a right and not a "privilege" as you suggest.
You may one day learn to tell the difference.

Chambersburg, PA

#10207 Jun 17, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, your bullshit about the guns being used in Chicago's high gun crime rates, are being purchased outside the line of the gun ban laws in Illinois, has been thoroughly debunked each of the times you have posted that crap.
Your "uniform" gun ban laws will also be plagued with the same problem as Chicago now (assuming for a second of course your bullshit claim is valid). There will always be somewhere "outside the lines".
Okay, prove it. Show me objective, scientific evidence that your claims are true.

I've asked for proof before and you've always failed to provide it. Why is that? Hmmm...
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Your insistence that the innocent must be punished along with the guilty is disturbing.
I have never said any such thing. Please try to be honest.
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Furthermore;
Your crap here > " none of them address the fact that a patchwork of laws don't work "
is not even a fact. There is no evidence of any kind that proves your claim WOULD work even after your "consistent national law" would be enacted. therefore your claim of a "fact" is pure conjecture and but simple wishful thinking on your part.
It works in every nation that's implemented consistent national law. I know you wish that wasn't the case, but it is. Why would the US be any different?

You have a faith-based belief system about guns and gun laws. You ignore empirical, real-world evidence in favor of theoretical arguments. My opinions are based on real-world facts. I support what works and reject what does not work. You want to change my mind - bring me the evidence.

But I already know you won't because you never have.

Boggy Creek

#10208 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
You have indeed said lock 'em up and throw away the key. You've also said to let them rot. Try to be honest.
<quoted text>
This is, of course, complete horseshit. You love repeating it because it gives you the opportunity to bash liberals, but the fact of the matter is that prison and sentencing reform has always been bi-partisan. Everyone with a brain recognizes that mindlessly throwing everyone in jail doesn't work and is causing states to go bankrupt.
You can deny the facts 'til you're blue in the face, Danny Boy, and the facts will still remain intact regardless of your denial. You lie, twist words, massage meanings, and generally try to discredit and attack anything you don't like or disagree with. In the end the fact remains that your liberal policies and your liberal judges are the sole reason we have so many dangerous and deranged individuals free to commit violent crimes. No one said a single word about "mindlessly throwing people in jail" There's nothing "mindless" about keeping an individual locked up if they have just committed another crime every time they've been released. That would be called "prudent".

Don't even try to be honest Danny Boy, you've already demonstrated that you are incapable of it.

Location hidden

#10209 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
It works in every nation that's implemented consistent national law..
It does, does it?
Then you'll get right on the following I assume.
Explain why there is great gun violence in ;
Sudan
Iraq
Iran
Afghanistan
Somalia
Columbia
Mexico

ALL those countries have "consistent national laws" banning private gun ownership.
How can that be if your claim is valid?

Chambersburg, PA

#10210 Jun 17, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again. Advocating the innocent also be forced to take the medicine meant and supposedly designed for the guilty.
The right to keep and bear is a right and not a "privilege" as you suggest.
You may one day learn to tell the difference.
There you go again - attributing things to me that I've never advocated. Nothing I have proposed would in any way restrict your rights or prevent you from defending yourself.

Our right to keep and bear arms is no different than any of our other rights - it is not unlimited. Hopefully one day you'll be able to understand that concept.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#10211 Jun 17, 2014
Yep2 wrote:
Might count with gun grabbing cranks - but no one else.
Obama's motorcade almost ran into a shoot 'em up - they cooked up a bogus "school shooting" to cover it up.
I have no problem letting readers decide for themselves - without calling anyone a "MF CS C*".
I wasn't raised in a pig pen like a barefoot redneck.
Oh? The pigs probably rejected you they got better sense than that :-)

Chambersburg, PA

#10212 Jun 17, 2014
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>You can deny the facts 'til you're blue in the face, Danny Boy, and the facts will still remain intact regardless of your denial. You lie, twist words, massage meanings, and generally try to discredit and attack anything you don't like or disagree with. In the end the fact remains that your liberal policies and your liberal judges are the sole reason we have so many dangerous and deranged individuals free to commit violent crimes. No one said a single word about "mindlessly throwing people in jail" There's nothing "mindless" about keeping an individual locked up if they have just committed another crime every time they've been released. That would be called "prudent".
Don't even try to be honest Danny Boy, you've already demonstrated that you are incapable of it.
It is impossible to have a discussion with you when you refuse to be honest about what you've said and continue to distort my position.

It is impossible to have a discussion with you when you refuse to acknowledge the facts of reality and instead label your own preferences and theories as facts.

Contra principia negantem non est disputandum.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#10213 Jun 17, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
It does, does it?
Sudan
Iraq
Iran
Afghanistan
Somalia
Columbia
Mexico
ALL those countries have "consistent national laws" banning private gun ownership.
My I suggest you acquire a functional brain and then we talk ye moron ...

Chambersburg, PA

#10214 Jun 17, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
It does, does it?
Sudan
Iraq
Iran
Afghanistan
Somalia
Columbia
Mexico
Seriously? You aren't even trying, are you?

How about finding nations that are similar to the US to make comparisons to? How about other industrialized, first-world nations?

How about trying to be serious instead of immediately resorting to absurdity in order to dodge the issue?

Location hidden

#10216 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
How about finding nations that are similar to the US to make comparisons to? How about other industrialized, first-world nations?
How about trying to be serious instead of immediately resorting to absurdity in order to dodge the issue?
Interesting.
You make a universal and unqualified claim, and when nailed on it, you bail, and want to change your own beginning premise and move the goal posts which YOU youtself set.

It is human nature on the discussion table ya idiot. People are the same everywhere in their innate behaviors. Where they live makes no difference.

Your claim of "consistent national laws" being the answer to gun violence has been defeated.
<smile>

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#10217 Jun 17, 2014
Whatever happens on Obama's watch is HIS fault

Location hidden

#10218 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
BTW Danny Boy, there are NO nations "similar" to the USA. Our Constitution is a rather unique writ of freedom which NO other possess.
If you wish to compare industry facts and figures with other "similar industrialized, first-world nations" then by all means, have at it. The apples will be apples in that case.
To attempt comparison when it comes to the 2nd amendment and all it entails, is childishly ridiculous Danny. There is NO other with which to compare.
We came to have this 2nd amendment protection of our natural born right to keep and bear because our founders wished to distinguish and separate from the rest of the world where tyranny and oppression are the norm.
Now >you< wish to undo that and make the USA like the rest of the cesspool governments of the world.
Not on my watch sir.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kel-Tec P-11. Is it anygood? (Nov '07) 4 hr Laz 49
Sign petition to NOT extradite Dr Palmer (Dentist) Mon Here Is One 6
stewardess dies from Ebola Sun ebola 1
News The new Wild West: Sacramento's sheriff issues ... Jul 31 RayOne 1
News Packing pistols: Is Texas safer with more licen... (Jul '11) Jul 30 Public farts 6
News Suspect in Louisiana theatre rampage had histor... Jul 28 El Chapo 56
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) Jul 27 swedenforever 123
More from around the web