Starbucks' Decision to Allow Guns in Coffee Shops Getting Shot Down, Says Brady Center

There are 18 comments on the Jun 23, 2010, The Daily Weekly story titled Starbucks' Decision to Allow Guns in Coffee Shops Getting Shot Down, Says Brady Center. In it, The Daily Weekly reports that:

More than 35,000 have now signed the Brady Center's petition urging Starbucks to ban guns in its coffee stores.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Weekly.

“Erudite Gun Enthusiast”

Since: Jun 07

Weston, FL

#1 Jun 23, 2010
It's hard not to laugh at the transparency of this article and the Brady Bunch's "poll".

Sounds like they got all of their paying members to sign the petition, and just about no one else.

Heck, if they even have 35,000 members...if they have more than that then not even their whole membership agrees with them!

Too funny for words.

“Insults are not counter points”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#2 Jun 23, 2010
Hell, if Doonesbury did a full week of strips on the subject, maybe this decision does warrant revisiting.

/sarcasm
Bruce V

Gadsden, AL

#3 Jun 23, 2010
"...my daughter really likes their hot chocolate - without looking at a Glock!""

So cops with glocks stay out of Starbucks.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#4 Jun 23, 2010
Hey Starbucks, there are other nanny groups that believe they can decide company policy for companies they don't own.

McDonalds (a liberal/demorat company) is now finally getting fed-up with nannys telling them which products they can't sell.

Consider what Liberals want done with BP and the State of Arizona.

If we caved in to the Liberal demand we would stay inside our air filtered cocoons 24/7.

But for what its worth, Al Gore made $millions for being a liberal nanny.

Liberals are destroying America's economy.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Jul 20, 2010
Bruce V wrote:
"...my daughter really likes their hot chocolate - without looking at a Glock!""
too bad those cops a year ago didn't have faster access to their glocks. Several families wouldn't be without fathers, brothers, husbands, and friends!
Jay

Sussex, VA

#6 Jul 20, 2010
Like the ban on carrying guns are gonna stop me from going there armed, for sure. Yeah, right!! I carry concealed w/ a permit very discreetly. There are more gun owners than those 35,000 of those pu**y Brady Bunch members. I don't see that taking place right now.
Jay

Sussex, VA

#7 Jul 20, 2010
Bruce V wrote:
No one has to look at my H&K or S&W since it is concealed. I go about my business w/ looking obvious.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jul 20, 2010
Tory II wrote:
Hey Starbucks, there are other nanny groups that believe they can decide company policy for companies they don't own.
McDonalds (a liberal/demorat company) is now finally getting fed-up with nannys telling them which products they can't sell.
Consider what Liberals want done with BP and the State of Arizona.
If we caved in to the Liberal demand we would stay inside our air filtered cocoons 24/7.
But for what its worth, Al Gore made $millions for being a liberal nanny.
Liberals are destroying America's economy.
Defending Big Business again, Tory?

Sorry, but let Starbucks rot. Plenty of small business employment to be had without them, especially with so many out of work.

In a free economy, BP would not exist, and those oil rigs would be family-run operations that could not afford to make such a huge mistake like that.

Get a clue, Tory. You defend gun rights, but that's just one part of a very large picture.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#9 Jul 21, 2010
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Defending Big Business again, Tory?
Sorry, but let Starbucks rot. Plenty of small business employment to be had without them, especially with so many out of work.
In a free economy, BP would not exist, and those oil rigs would be family-run operations that could not afford to make such a huge mistake like that.
Get a clue, Tory. You defend gun rights, but that's just one part of a very large picture.
The clue is YOU have nazi values.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Jul 21, 2010
Tory II wrote:
<quoted text>The clue is YOU have nazi values.
LOL!

Playing the Nazi card again? Don't you have anything new?
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#11 Jul 21, 2010
I am a one issue voter! I will never vote for any anti-gun nazi.
Bruce V

Gadsden, AL

#12 Jul 21, 2010
MsRobinson wrote:
<quoted text>
too bad those cops a year ago didn't have faster access to their glocks. Several families wouldn't be without fathers, brothers, husbands, and friends!
I agree with you, my post was to illustrate the absurdity of the statement.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#13 Jul 21, 2010
Wolverine wrote:
Yep.
Bruce V

Gadsden, AL

#14 Jul 21, 2010
Wolverine wrote:
Welcome to the club. If a politician doesn't understand the Second Amendment or chooses to ignore or dismiss it's true importance he does not deserve our vote.
Wolverine

Cumberland, MD

#15 Jul 21, 2010
Bruce V wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the club. If a politician doesn't understand the Second Amendment or chooses to ignore or dismiss it's true importance he does not deserve our vote.
Nor would I trust them on any other issue. If they would violate our GOD given & constitutionally recognized rights, they deserve only our undying contempt & opposition.
Bruce V

Gadsden, AL

#16 Jul 21, 2010
Wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>Nor would I trust them on any other issue. If they would violate our GOD given & constitutionally recognized rights, they deserve only our undying contempt & opposition.
To continue my point, If he doesn't respect the Second Amendment he will not respect any of the rest of the Amendments in the Bill of RIGHTS.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#17 Jul 22, 2010
All antigun people are baby-killer Nazis.
disneyfreak

Mesa, AZ

#18 Jul 2, 2013
Bruce V wrote:
She shouldnt be staring at people or their personal belongings anyways. Its RUDE to stare and bad parenting not to teach your child that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff, lawyer dispute whether 73-year-old dep... 37 min impartial 33
Democrats: Get A $2,000 Tax Credit For Turning ... Apr 20 Truth and Facts 13
Kahr CW40 PROBLEM (Dec '08) Apr 17 OlFed 48
News Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) Apr 15 AMERICA 12,178
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) Apr 13 swedenforever 112
News Who's calling the shots in Canada? Apr 10 Truth and Facts 2
Suspect in Arizona Shooting Spree a White Supre... Apr 5 Truth and Facts 82
More from around the web