Senate vote nears, background check bill in peril

Apr 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Boston Herald

A bipartisan effort to expand background checks is in deep trouble as the Senate approaches a long-awaited vote on the linchpin of the drive to curb gun violence.

Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated Apr 28, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dr Handsome

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

7

Good. It is a costly, do-nothing about crime, law. Stop blaming law abiding citizens. Enforce existing laws, allow law abiding citizens concealed carry and put away criminals. Job done.
Papillon

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

10

7

6

90% of all gun violence in America is caused by three groups:
- MUSLIMS
- ILLEGAL MEXICANS
- THE GHETTO CROWD

We need to control these groups !!!

Unfortunately, democRATS consider them to be politically correct.
Even more unfortunately, there is a black muslim in the White House.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

And the NRA money bought enough Senators to kill the bill as predicted.

The blood of all gun violence victims is on their hands.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

WeTheSheeple wrote:
And the NRA money bought enough Senators to kill the bill as predicted.
The blood of all gun violence victims is on their hands.
Like Marine Corp Patty says - we the people have spoken. As the Boston tragedy shows, it is not about the tool, it is about how we have spawned a society of psychotics who think nothing of killing innocent people. No discipline at home or in schools, ultra-violent video games that give points for killing kindergarten kids, drugs for any sort of condition in children, no consequence for your actions, it must be somebody elseís fault. We have done this to ourselves and now we donít know how to fix it, so we need something, anything, to blame it on. We know it, congress knows it, but there are a few, loud, progressive, liberals left that just canít or wonít admit it.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

5

WeTheSheeple wrote:
And the NRA money bought enough Senators to kill the bill as predicted.

The blood of all gun violence victims is on their hands.
Obama is delusional. Outside the beltway 99.9% of the people are pro 2nd amendment.

Perhaps he should censor the internet instead? It did not used to be so easy for Occupy Wall Street type lunatics to obtain bomb making how to manuals.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

2

neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is delusional. Outside the beltway 99.9% of the people are pro 2nd amendment.
Perhaps he should censor the internet instead? It did not used to be so easy for Occupy Wall Street type lunatics to obtain bomb making how to manuals.
A background check doesn't take your guns away. You'll still have your small dick.
Major Dick

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Bullshit.

That blood is on the hands of whomever pulled the trigger(s), no one else.

You can't blame the tool or the toolmaker for what a fool does with the instrument.
WeTheSheeple wrote:
...
The blood of all gun violence victims is on their hands.
Major Dick

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Likewise you & your tiny brain encased in its microcephalic shell.
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>A background check doesn't take your guns away. You'll still have your small dick.
awwwwww

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Odummos speech is the first I didn't mute, it was hilarious to see a world leader resemble a two yr old tantrum, just priceless. The king didn't get his way and he had a sissy missy fit. Lololol

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Major Dick wrote:
Likewise you & your tiny brain encased in its microcephalic shell.<quoted text>
What happened? I see I hit a nerve, needle dick.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

So Odumbo's followers are sayin 90% of the people want these background cheks, maybe they should have called their Senators. I called mine, and they didn't listen, but Somebody listened. The vote against the Background check was 54-46. Even Harry Reid voted against it.
Guerrilla Humorist

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

HARDly(!)
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>What happened? I see I hit a nerve, needle dick.
It's funny to watch pinheads squirm.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 18, 2013
 
Major Dick wrote:
Bullshit.
That blood is on the hands of whomever pulled the trigger(s), no one else.
You can't blame the tool or the toolmaker for what a fool does with the instrument.<quoted text>
Actually the blood is also on the hands of Adam Lanza's mother for having guns her pyscho son could get access to.

Luckily she got the first bullets; too bad Lanza didn't end it all right there.
George

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 18, 2013
 
Dr Handsome wrote:
Good. It is a costly, do-nothing about crime, law. Stop blaming law abiding citizens. Enforce existing laws, allow law abiding citizens concealed carry and put away criminals. Job done.
Everybody is law abiding - until they commit a crime.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 18, 2013
 
George wrote:
<quoted text> Everybody is law abiding - until they commit a crime.
That seems a little harsh. Maybe they had a good reason to commit a crime. What if they had a mean grade school teacher or their dad was strict or they have ADD or their peers dared them or girls didn't like them. I mean calling them a criminal just because they break the law is mean, unjustified and could cause them mental stress. Check with your nearest social worker and youíll see how wrong you are.
Dr Handsome

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WeTheSheeple wrote:
And the NRA money bought enough Senators to kill the bill as predicted.
The blood of all gun violence victims is on their hands.
The NRA is made up of and funded by normal, law adiding, good, fredom loving, Constitution believing, citizens. The NRA is not responsible for, nor does it condone: ghetto thugs, gangstas, illegal immigrated murderers, muslim terrorists, mental insaniacs and felons. The Liberal Democrats and Obama are the ones that cozy up to those groups. Several decent Democrats voted against the nonsense bill, Reid only did so as a party trick so he can bring it back up sometime. We need to enforce the existing laws and force states to update the current background check records(excessive dereliction of duty right now to stack the deck) and the Obama administration need to specifically go after those who lie on the Federal firearms form(prosecution is down40% on purpose!). You need to pull your head out of your azz.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Dr Handsome wrote:
<quoted text>The NRA is made up of and funded by normal, law adiding, good, fredom loving, Constitution believing, citizens. The NRA is not responsible for, nor does it condone: ghetto thugs, gangstas, illegal immigrated murderers, muslim terrorists, mental insaniacs and felons. The Liberal Democrats and Obama are the ones that cozy up to those groups. Several decent Democrats voted against the nonsense bill, Reid only did so as a party trick so he can bring it back up sometime. We need to enforce the existing laws and force states to update the current background check records(excessive dereliction of duty right now to stack the deck) and the Obama administration need to specifically go after those who lie on the Federal firearms form(prosecution is down40% on purpose!). You need to pull your head out of your azz.
Nope, the NRA is nothing but a bunch of gun crazy psyshos.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The NRA is made up of people who believe in the U S Constitution, and the Bill of rights, and will stand up for the 2nd Amendent every time against UnAmerican gun grabbers everytime. And the best part!! The gun grabbers will lose every time. I love the part where Obama, eyes blazing, stuttered through his after the gun vote statement. I thought he was going to have a stroke!!It was beautiful. I hope they vote on the gun grabbing bill every day. Maybe by 2016 they will figure it out.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Cat74 wrote:
The NRA is made up of people who believe in the U S Constitution, and the Bill of rights, and will stand up for the 2nd Amendent every time against UnAmerican gun grabbers everytime. And the best part!! The gun grabbers will lose every time. I love the part where Obama, eyes blazing, stuttered through his after the gun vote statement. I thought he was going to have a stroke!!It was beautiful. I hope they vote on the gun grabbing bill every day. Maybe by 2016 they will figure it out.
Nope, the NRA is made up of anit-American terrorists who support slaughtering schoolkids.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Not only are they Patriots, but they are always right, so they will win every time. Can't wait to see if they can pass the illegal alien amnesty bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••