Fact check: Whoppers of 2013

Fact check: Whoppers of 2013

There are 2714 comments on the USA Today story from Dec 19, 2013, titled Fact check: Whoppers of 2013. In it, USA Today reports that:

It's that time of year again when FactCheck looks back - perhaps not so fondly - on the most noteworthy nonsense from the past 12 months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3070 Jan 24, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
Clintons success could be splained in one word...... dot com boom
Most people understand the concept of to pay off all your bills, you need to bring in enough money to cover the checks you write.

This concept is lost on trickle down Republicans who refuse to learn the lessons of Reagon budget failures and Bush I failures and Bush II failures.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#3071 Jan 24, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people understand the concept of to pay off all your bills, you need to bring in enough money to cover the checks you write.
This concept is lost on trickle down Republicans who refuse to learn the lessons of Reagon budget failures and Bush I failures and Bush II failures.
yeah, those bushes were terrible....but lets move a little ahead on the timeline, how's your boy doing with that concept?

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#3072 Jan 24, 2014
2ndAmrght wrote:
<quoted text>
what a re-tard you are...
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-budget-a...
Clinton’s large budget surpluses also owe much to the Social Security tax on payrolls. Social Security taxes now bring in more than the cost of current benefits, and the "Social Security surplus" makes the total deficit or surplus figures look better than they would if Social Security wasn’t counted. But even if we remove Social Security from the equation, there was a surplus of $1.9 billion in fiscal 1999 and $86.4 billion in fiscal 2000. So any way you count it, the federal budget was balanced and the deficit was erased, if only for a while.
Shuffling numbers and paper, you brainless wonder. Social Security is We The People's money - NOT the governments.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#3073 Jan 24, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the biggest FAILURE of them ALL; obummer.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#3074 Jan 24, 2014
further proof of what scumbag, treasonous, military hating filth so many cowardly, draft dodging liars on the left are:

Why the left hates ‘Lone Survivor’| TheBlaze.com
Why the left hates ‘Lone Survivor’
www.theblaze.com/blog/2014/01/21/why-the-left...

Jan 21, 2014 · National Review‘s Rich Lowry nails it today: How could anyone be offended by a movie about a Navy SEAL fighting with everything …

Oh, the poor little brown people, the poor little brown people who never hesitate to kill other poor little brown women and children.

“you know i know”

denver

#3075 Jan 24, 2014
2ndAmrght wrote:
<quoted text>
what a re-tard you are...
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-budget-a...
Clinton’s large budget surpluses also owe much to the Social Security tax on payrolls. Social Security taxes now bring in more than the cost of current benefits, and the "Social Security surplus" makes the total deficit or surplus figures look better than they would if Social Security wasn’t counted. But even if we remove Social Security from the equation, there was a surplus of $1.9 billion in fiscal 1999 and $86.4 billion in fiscal 2000. So any way you count it, the federal budget was balanced and the deficit was erased, if only for a while.
Then we had 9/11, of course that didn't cost us a penny, according to the deranged left anyway.

Clinton's repeated tepid responses to attacks on our interests led directly to 9/11, deranged and forgetful libs forget that as well.

“you know i know”

denver

#3076 Jan 24, 2014
Idiotic libs and the likes of the scumbags at the Anti Christian League[ACLU] prevented any kind of profiling, once again leading directly to 9/11. Gotta treat my old mama the same as young, sweaty Arabs with no luggage and 1 way tickets.

As usual, treason from the left causes great harm to us.

The left owns 9/11 and they own the mortgage crisis.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3078 Jan 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
further proof of what scumbag, treasonous, military hating filth so many cowardly, draft dodging liars on the left are:
Why the left hates ‘Lone Survivor’| TheBlaze.com
Why the left hates ‘Lone Survivor’
www.theblaze.com/blog/2014/01/21/why-the-left...
Jan 21, 2014 · National Review‘s Rich Lowry nails it today: How could anyone be offended by a movie about a Navy SEAL fighting with everything …
Oh, the poor little brown people, the poor little brown people who never hesitate to kill other poor little brown women and children.
Seek Counseling..........

“you know i know”

denver

#3079 Jan 24, 2014
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly, lying troll.
CHART: How The Clinton Surpluses Turned Into More Than $6 Trillion Worth Of Deficits
Lucas Kawa
Jan. 8, 2013
At the Democratic National Convention, Bill Clinton famously opined that 'arithmetic' was the magic trick that enabled him to be the last President to provide a budget surplus.
In 2001, the CBO projected that the total Clinton surplus of about $280 billion would balloon to $5.9 trillion worth of cumulative surpluses through 2011, when in reality the accumulated deficits reached $6 trillion at the end of that time period.
That's pretty bad arithmetic. So what happened?
The U.S. Treasury Department recently tweeted this chart, which breaks down the major drivers that turned a small surplus into a massive deficit....
- BusinessInsider.com
Take a hike, you pathetic treasonous troll.
can't find it, would love to read it, can you post better link> Thx.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#3080 Jan 24, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Seek Counseling..........
How about you get a brain?

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#3081 Jan 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
can't find it, would love to read it, can you post better link> Thx.
You're welcome:

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-clinton-su...
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#3082 Jan 24, 2014
Thadius of Zeldor wrote:
<quoted text>
He LIED. What part of that is confusing to you? HE LIED! He lied deliberately, often and with intent to deceive. This has ZERO to do with race and EVERYTHING to do with the phoniness of liberalism.
It's still working, though. Or is that what you hate so much?:)
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#3083 Jan 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Idiotic libs and the likes of the scumbags at the Anti Christian League[ACLU] prevented any kind of profiling, once again leading directly to 9/11. Gotta treat my old mama the same as young, sweaty Arabs with no luggage and 1 way tickets.
You're either extraordinarily stupid or an extraordinary liar. Of course you could be both...:)
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#3084 Jan 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
I'm happily a member of the ACLU, which has nothing to do with religion other than having defended our First Amendment religious rights many times.

ACLU doesn't run airports, the FBI, or the Bush administration, you lying, pathetic clown. Bush and Cheney WANTED 911 to happen so they could justify their terroristic wars in the Middle East.

And that means YOU own them, asswipe. Oh yes you do! LOL
racer42

Palo Alto, CA

#3085 Jan 24, 2014
2ndAmrght wrote:
<quoted text>
IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT YOU COME IN CONTACT WITH 2ndamright OR ANY OF HIS MANY ALIASES DO NOT BEND OVER IN FRONT OF HIM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES . A panel of experts has recently determined that this poor INBRED’S complete inability to attract any attention from either sex has driven him to the rather bizarre behavior of impersonating Americans. He is doing this in the hope of attracting either reverend ted hagg.ard or a priest with a tub of vaseline, to which he hasn’t been successful.
He has now resorted to trying to kornhole his own aliases. This creature can most commonly found on the TOPIX gun threads, erect, spinning around like a dog chasing it’s tail, while trying to get at his own butt. It is also highly recommended that in the case of accidental contact you rinse yourself off with bleach and burn the clothes you were wearing
I would strongly suggest that you crawl back under your rock before someone steps on you and squishes you, bug.
racer42

Palo Alto, CA

#3086 Jan 24, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be really, really lost on the Demoncraps. They're spending orders of magnitude more than they're taking in and want to spend even more. The azzholes are going to bankrupt the country and don't even care.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#3087 Jan 24, 2014
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be really, really lost on the Demoncraps. They're spending orders of magnitude more than they're taking in and want to spend even more. The azzholes are going to bankrupt the country and don't even care.
Hysterical BS, no connection to reality.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#3088 Jan 24, 2014
TE who="fingiswold"] <quoted text>
My posts are BS, no connection to reality [Quote]

We are well aware of that.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#3089 Jan 24, 2014
FYI, my loving, computer illiterate , dolt husband did that last post. The man can fly a plane, but knows nothing about computers. Go figure! Lol!
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#3090 Jan 24, 2014
sandy1 wrote:
TE who="fingiswold"] <quoted text>
My posts are BS, no connection to reality [Quote]
We are well aware of our ugliness, you are not the first to say that. Our ugliness is legendary, and as much mental as physical.
One might say you're the Empress of Ugliness, eh, Skanky?:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas mass shooting Nov 11 Canlendyou 13
News Massachusetts 1st to ban bump stocks since Vega... Nov 11 Watchdog 3
News Existing laws should have stopped shooter Nov 10 payme 1
News Texas Attorney General: The way to stop mass sh... Nov 9 Brenda Lasley 16
30-06 (7.62X63) vs .308 (7.62X51) (Feb '11) Nov 7 Charlie 122
News Packing pistols: Is Texas safer with more licen... (Jul '11) Nov 6 Free Farts 12
News Increase hunting safety zone Oct 31 payme 3
More from around the web