Assault weapons ban could get get up-or-down committee vote Thursday

Feb 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

Sen. Dianne Feinstein stands next to a display of assault weapons during a news conference in January on Capitol Hill.

Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated Feb 28, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dave

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

I wonder how many of these politicans have drank and drove a car, or had someone or a family killed by a drunk driver? Where is the outrage? on that?
blaster

Fork Union, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Assault weapons ban could bring on revolutionary war cause we upstanding citizens that have done nothing wrong will not give up the very protection we have against this corrupt unconstitutional government

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

blaster wrote:
Assault weapons ban could bring on revolutionary war cause we upstanding citizens that have done nothing wrong will not give up the very protection we have against this corrupt unconstitutional government
Back to your bunker and finish those paper dolls.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

A vote is a good idea. Let's see who the gun nut freaks are, so the mothers, fathers, and relatives and friends of dead children can see who is wreaking havoc on what is left of our civilized country.
blaster

Fork Union, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Back to your bunker and finish those paper dolls.
As soon as your wife lets me, oooooow did I say that
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

blaster wrote:
Bro, if the government really wanted to launch an oppresive attack on you and your community, your possession of a firearm would be kind of irrelevant. You'd have, what, an AR-15? They'd have computer-operated drones and nuclear missiles. Good luck fighting all that off with an assault rifle.

Plus, "that have done nothing wrong"? Before the day of the Aurora shooting, the same words could've described James Holmes. Before the morning of the Sandy Hook shooting, the same words could've described Adam Lanza. Guns are too easy to get.

Speaking for myself, I have never once in my life had an experience that made me think, "Gee, I wish I had a gun!" As a matter of fact, I've had at least twenty moments in my life where I've actually thought "Good thing I DON'T have a gun."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

blaster wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as your wife lets me, oooooow did I say that
Yes, you're dim enough to have said that.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
Bro, if the government really wanted to launch an oppresive attack on you and your community, your possession of a firearm would be kind of irrelevant. You'd have, what, an AR-15? They'd have computer-operated drones and nuclear missiles. Good luck fighting all that off with an assault rifle..
You don't shoot down a drone with an AR15, you find the drone operator's daughter, mother, sister and have an intervention.
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

"Could"?Obviouly Harry Reid isn*t interested in this kind of legislation.His reelection was dependent on NRA campaign contribution last election and hes not about to turn on them in a gun totin state like Nevada.And Reid can force -or deny-any vote that he wants to deny since hes the top dog in the Senate.
Raylan

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

I don't see the legal gun owners giving up their 2nd amendment rights, and I don't see any politician that wants to be reelected voting for gun control. Last time they did something that stupid they lost the H of R for a decade.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Members of both parties have said they cannot support the ban, believing it goes too far and would infringe on Second Amendment rights.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had at least twenty moments in my life where I've actually thought "Good thing I DON'T have a gun."
So you are admitting your own lack of self-control and projecting that onto others. We get it.
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking for myself, I have never once in my life had an experience that made me think, "Gee, I wish I had a gun!" As a matter of fact, I've had at least twenty moments in my life where I've actually thought "Good thing I DON'T have a gun."
That's YOUR decision, Ed. The Constitution doesn't compell you to own one. But what you decide for yourself has no bearing on what somneone else decides to do for themselves.
Say the Truth

Eatontown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are admitting your own lack of self-control and projecting that onto others. We get it.
This is the Liberal Way.
Abdhenry

New Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
Bro, if the government really wanted to launch an oppresive attack on you and your community, your possession of a firearm would be kind of irrelevant. You'd have, what, an AR-15? They'd have computer-operated drones and nuclear missiles. Good luck fighting all that off with an assault rifle.
Plus, "that have done nothing wrong"? Before the day of the Aurora shooting, the same words could've described James Holmes. Before the morning of the Sandy Hook shooting, the same words could've described Adam Lanza. Guns are too easy to get.
I'm thankful YOU have never had an experience were you needed a gun but countless women have, so have shop owners and families that have been attacked in home invasions and the list goes on. As far as "computer operated drones?" Do you realize how much it costs to fuel and arm one? Not to mention that that would never happen. By the way if laws were enforced as they are and if all gun owners were responsible with the storage and security of their firearms, then you would realize guns are not as eAsy to get as you make it sound. YES, there will always be a way around it from a criminal aspect which, is an even more reason law abiding citizens should be allowed the 2nd amendment.
Lastly, alcohol and tobacco cause more deaths per year then firearms. Yet these things are acceptable. This whole stop gun violence thing is so far twisted that the powers that be can't see the common sense answers.
Ghoster

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
First off this is a VERY STUPID comment.
It is not 1 they fear... it is the millions they fear.

To take the guns the Government would have to enter homes to get them and in the doorway is where many would lay. And the founding father stated clearly that to give up our guns or our rights to guns is to give up liberty. So take your empty BS and go back to watching teletubbies.
duh

Abilene, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
so we see that your a lazy useless taker. not willing to fight for your country but more than willing to let others die for your country. your pitiful. you and your kind would be much better off living in china.
The Ex Wolf

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I'm dim enough to have said that.
FINALLY - Something we can agree on from the wolf scat.
Bad boy, whatcha goin to do when the Dems fail you?
Chance of passage = Stastical zero.
Back to business...
Where's that varmint rifle... OK.. Lined up.. Squeeze...
Bye Bye
Patriot

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
A vote is a good idea. Let's see who the gun nut freaks are, so the mothers, fathers, and relatives and friends of dead children can see who is wreaking havoc on what is left of our civilized country.
it is obvious in your mind if the same sex marriage law is passed you would think this country is blissful paradise.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
I agree...let's see the vote...see who the "frustrated control freaks" are that only want to give lip service to actually doing something good...like making criminals pay for their crimes instead of law abiding gun owners. Bring the vote...so those "control freaks" can get voted out of office.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••