Harrison prosecutor to seek charges in boys shooting

Jul 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Charleston Gazette

Harrison County Prosecuting Attorney Joe Shaffer said Tuesday he will seek criminal indictment of a Jarvisville woman who shot her 11-year-old grandson to death while firing a weapon in the dark at suspected intruders.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jul 28, 2013
Texas

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

this was clearly a horrible horrible accident. Tina loves her grandkids with all her heart and to try and make this a criminal act is shameful on the part of Joe Shaffer. This woman will have this memory to live with for the remainder of her life. She loves her grandkids she would never do anything to subject them to danger. She is a widow who has been through enough grief in the past two years with the loss of her loving husband and now this horrible accident. Instead of judging this woman, should Mr. Shaffer not use the state of West Va. money for better use like prosecuting drug pushers, people who murdered someone and child molestors. May God ease your pain and know that your grandson is in heaven with his grandfather. Tina in time the pain will lessen and life goes on - your family and friends know that this was an accident - they know you live for those kids. May God comfort you and your son and his wife with the passing of this child.
Sad

Stafford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

This is a terrible thing to have happened. I also agree with Texas. Pointing fingers won't make things any better. God forgives us all as we all should to especially when things are accidents. Also If there are people snooping around and acting strange in your neighborhood you may make the same mistake so put the shoe on the other foot. I feel sorry for everyone in this situation and am keeping you all in our thoughts. People are afraid anymore and with good cause people are stealing and into drugs and we don't have enough law enforcement to protect everyone so maybe everyone should blame the pieces of crap that are doing these kinds of things instead of people trying to protect themselves. Maybe neighbor hood watches should be considered so there may be less things to worry about. A lone lady has a right to try to defend herself if she feels unsafe and no one else is there to help as you would your family. It was an accident pure and simple. God Bless
Marauder

Palmer, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Sasha Cohen wrote:
<quoted text>How do we know that her grandson was not the intruder who had come to rob her, because he needed drug money? Maybe, WV needs a stand your ground law? More white on white crime.....hmmmm...
"How do we know that her grandson was not the intruder who had come to rob her, because he needed drug money?"

Maybe...you could read the article and try and comprehend what it says.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 13 min Aquarius-WY 10,227
First Grade Primer 14 hr Cry Ola 2
Texas Gov. Rick Perry Is No Longer Permitted to... 18 hr Justice Served Well 1
The Darwin Awards 19 hr Arthur Itis 1
Joe Miller: 'If 20 million illegals vote, you c... Tue betrayed 104
Ferguson, Clive Bundy, and the Second Amendment Tue grow up 172
Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership... Tue Rick Moss 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Guns People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••