Gun Owners Rally in Buffalo

Gun Owners Rally in Buffalo

There are 65 comments on the WGRZ-TV Buffalo story from Jan 19, 2013, titled Gun Owners Rally in Buffalo. In it, WGRZ-TV Buffalo reports that:

A rally in support of lawful gun owners and the Second Amendment drew several hundred people to Niagara Square Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ-TV Buffalo.

Since: Mar 08

Buffalo, NY

#22 Jan 20, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>there are more whites than blacks on welfare
Not by percentage.

Since: Mar 08

Buffalo, NY

#23 Jan 20, 2013
Another wrote:
<quoted text>
racist gun nut.
You guys profile yourselves.
I don't create the news, I just report it as it happens.
why we own guns

Lancaster, NY

#24 Jan 20, 2013
...those who would trade Liberty for temporary security, deserve neither Liberty nor security...Ben Franklin

Since: Aug 10

Hollis Center, ME

#25 Jan 20, 2013
why we own guns wrote:
...The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government... Thomas Jefferson
jefferson actually never said that. Someone made up that quote and attributed it to Jefferson

http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/stro...

Hollis Center, ME

#26 Jan 20, 2013
BFLO NEOCON wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I'm trying to pad my post total to try to catch up with you!
Naw! I have a real life outside of Topix.
you really are pathetic
as expected

Lancaster, NY

#27 Jan 20, 2013
...of course faced with facts, the pathetic frustrated pinheads must scour the intetrnet looking for any liberal propaganda think tank site to try to dispell American history...really pathetic

Hollis Center, ME

#28 Jan 20, 2013
as expected wrote:
...of course faced with facts, the pathetic frustrated pinheads must scour the intetrnet looking for any liberal propaganda think tank site to try to dispell American history...really pathetic
lol, yes Monticello.org .....how would they know anything about Jefferson?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#29 Jan 20, 2013
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie
Most liberal democrats do not own guns
I am a accused of being a lib, but I own three guns=
Glock .40 cal
S&W .357 K frame Mos 13
S&W Mod 36 J frame "Chief's Special" .38 snub nose
I can carry in all 50 states and DC....so can neocon
If NeoCon is a cop I can see how he can carry in all 50 States & DC.... What gives you that authority?
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#32 Jan 20, 2013
When you gun nuts spew all this "cold dead fingers" rhetoric, why aren't you more specific about what you plan to do when "the government" comes to take your guns?

If the government comes to get the guns, guess who is going to show up at your door? The cops are. Probably Federal cops, probably also local cops.

Are you going to kill these cops when they show up? And if you do kill or try to kill any of these cops, they will respond by killing you.

If the cops receive orders to seize the guns from law-abiding citizens, most of them won't be happy about it. They will be forced with a choice-to do it or to give up their careers and have no way to support their families.

You gun nuts will be forced to make a more difficult choice-to give up your guns peacefully, or to give up your life. 99.9999% of you will peacefully give up your guns.
some people don t belong

Lancaster, NY

#33 Jan 20, 2013
Ahem, my guns are ok, yours are black and scary. Yours should be banned, but I'm smarter than you, so mine are ok. Of course more affluent people should be able to own guns, because we are smarter. Commoners have no business owning anything except maybe single barrel shotguns, maybe. They don't need anything else! Let them eat cake!
get a clue

Lancaster, NY

#34 Jan 20, 2013
Hate to burst your bubble, but you will find no local cops to go door to door confiscate anything. Most realize that these latest outbursts of totalitarianism by our 'leaders' are illegal and will be reversed in court!

Chesapeake, VA

#35 Jan 20, 2013
get a clue wrote:
Hate to burst your bubble, but you will find no local cops to go door to door confiscate anything. Most realize that these latest outbursts of totalitarianism by our 'leaders' are illegal and will be reversed in court!
Wanna bet

The Feds control local police departments (and entire local governments) through federal grant money. Right now there is something in the works where the Feds will pay the first few years of a vet's salary, training and equipment for the first five years. This is not "free money". There will be a price to pay.

If I had a whole bunch of fancy guns, I would be selling them now while the prices are high.My Glock .40 is the only gun I have that I am concerned the feds might take. They will probably only take my high-capacity magazines. No big deal because I prefer my revolvers anyway.

Chesapeake, VA

#36 Jan 20, 2013
get a clue wrote:
Are you talking about the same Supreme Court that said it was OK for a city in Connecticut to seize peoples' houses under eminent domain because the new property owners will generate more tax revenue?
really

Huntsville, AL

#37 Jan 20, 2013
as expected wrote:
montecello.org is the authority. Unlike the dumb e-mail or blog you didn't bother to cite.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#38 Jan 20, 2013
Lifeeeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you aware I am a degrees sociologist
That means jack squat in regard to being able to carry a handgun in all 50 states & DC as you claim.

Chesapeake, VA

#39 Jan 20, 2013
Have Seen It Before wrote:
<quoted text>That means jack squat in regard to being able to carry a handgun in all 50 states & DC as you claim.
I realize that. You were trying to trick me into saying I was a cop.

Did you know it is against the law to impersonate a cop?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#40 Jan 20, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>you really are pathetic
I'M pathetic??? YOU'RE the one with over 8200 posts in 5 months!

Get a life!

“Smell Ya Later!”

Since: Jan 11

HA HA, NY

#41 Jan 20, 2013
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
Did you know it is against the law to impersonate a cop?
Not necessarily.

According to NY Penis Law, 190.26 (1)

A person is guilty of Criminal Impersonation
in the First Degree when he or she knowingly pretends to be a police officer or a federal law enforcement officer, wears or displays without authority, any uniform, badge or other insignia or facsimile thereof, by which such police officer or federal law enforcement officer is lawfully distinguished, expresses by words or actions that he or she is acting with the approval or authority of any police department or of any agency that employs federal law enforcement officers, and so acts with intent to induce another to submit to such pretended official authority, or otherwise to act in reliance upon said pretense and in the course of such pretense commits [or attempts to commit] a felony.

Therefore, for the most part, you may present yourself as a police officer on anonymous internet forums and suffer no legal consequences.

Ha Ha!
steve HERBECK

Buffalo, NY

#42 Jan 20, 2013
YES I AGREE THERE MUST BE LAWS IN PLACE FOR OWNING GUNS.BUT THEY ARE GOING ABOUT IT ALL WRONG.THE CRIMANELS ARE MAKING GUN OWNERS LOOK BAD.CRIMANEL ARE HAPPY ABOUT THE KNEW LAW IT JUST MAKES IT EASIER TO ROB YOU OR YOUR WIFE AT GUN POINT.DOES IT STOP CRIMANEL THESE KNEW LAWS NO.CAUSE THERE OZZIES AND ASSAULT RIFLES AND REGESTERD LIKE US THE LAW BIDDING GUN OWENERS.THOSE THAT ARE AGAINST GUNS SOMEDAY IN THE FUTEURE MIGHT WISH THEY HAD ONE WHEN A CRIMANEL BRAKES IN TO THERE HOUSE AND STICKS A GUN IN YOUR FACE AND RAPES A FAMILY MEMEBER AT GUN POINT.OH I FORGET THOSE AGAINST GUN WILL JUST ASK THEM PLEASE DONT DO THIS AND THEY JUST SIMPLY LEAVE THERE HOME YA RIGHT. BACGROUND CHECKS YES, KEEPING GUNS OUT OF THE HAND OF THE MENTALLY ILL YES.BUT NOT THE AVERAGE MAN WHO USES AS A HUNTING DEVICE. NOT A KILLING DEVICE OF HUMAN LIFE.GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE DO.
don t go there

Lancaster, NY

#43 Jan 20, 2013
First off, I know at least 4 WNY elected Sheriff's, that would have no problem throwing either state troopers or federal agents in jail, and they know, that they will be backed up by thousands of citizens!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Open carry" bill shot down 2 hr javawhey 63
News Grandfather says three teenage armed robbers 'd... 4 hr payme 54
News Senate votes to allow concealed carry without p... Apr 25 16 TEEN SHOTS chi... 6
Taurus Gaucho Revolver (May '06) Apr 25 Westerner 28
News Appeals court upholds MD assault weapons ban Apr 22 American Patriot 417
Former University Professor Suggests the NRA Is... Apr 22 Get Out 3
News $25 Million Dollars Pledged To Stop Concealed C... Apr 20 payme 8
More from around the web