Trump's plan will seek to 'harden' sc...

Trump's plan will seek to 'harden' schools against shootings

There are 2528 comments on the Daily Herald story from Mar 11, 2018, titled Trump's plan will seek to 'harden' schools against shootings. In it, Daily Herald reports that:

In this Feb. 14, 2018 file photo, students hold their hands in the air as they are evacuated by police from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., after a shooter opened fire on the campus. Emergency calls from parents and students during the Florida high school massacre show 911 operators at first trying to grasp the enormity of the emergency and then calmly trying to gather information to assist arriving law enforcement officers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Herald.

First Prev
of 127
Next Last
anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Mar 12, 2018
After school jobs ....or any jobs might be better.
papa

Dennis, MS

#2 Mar 12, 2018
I agree that schools need to be guarded.However, the problem is not the guns that we have today compared to the 50's and 60's.The Democrats think that the only reason that there were no school shootings in the 50's and 60's is that there were no scary guns like the AK47.Now that we have them people want to shoot up a school.Give me a break!! It's easy to see the problem.When we went to school back then, we had a prayer every morning at assembly along with the pledge of allegiance.The 10 commandments were displayed also.We even sang gospel songs sometimes during assembly.When you take GOD out of school this is what happens.

“It's Time to Defeat Terrorism ”

Since: May 11

NYC

#3 Mar 12, 2018
President Trump is right to realize that changing the age for buying guns by 3 years to 21 will not protect the lives oi our children at school or elsewhere whatsoever and it is another liberal Jihadist deceitful means to take away our 2nd Amendment rights which liberal hate. Our children need to be guarded at every school by well-trained volunteering Veterans, retired Police officers and retired US troops who will do great job in fighting back and preventing terrorists and criminals attacks on schools, universities, malls and other public places regardless of their motive to kill our children and become heroes of the liberal social media led by Facebook, where Liberals, Jihadists and communists are pushing together their destroy America agenda. Since the liberal social media and mainstream media supported ISIS terrorists and open borders to gangsters of MS13 and drug dealers and other criminals, liberals treating like a hero the killers of American children, welcoming messages about school shooting losers based on the Iranian-Obama-Hillary anti-American agenda of self-destruction. Our trained police and military retirees and Veterans will defeat the evil forces of Jihad, communism and liberalism that seek the demise of America.

“4 years of Libs in agony!”

Since: Jan 11

Lake Geneva, WI

#4 Mar 12, 2018
anonymous wrote:
After school jobs ....or any jobs might be better.
Seems like there's PLENTY of jobs being created.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/09/nonfarm-payro...

If you don't have one yet, you're either unemployable or not trying too hard to find one.
WWJD

Peabody, MA

#5 Mar 12, 2018
papa wrote:
I agree that schools need to be guarded.However, the problem is not the guns that we have today compared to the 50's and 60's.The Democrats think that the only reason that there were no school shootings in the 50's and 60's is that there were no scary guns like the AK47.Now that we have them people want to shoot up a school.Give me a break!! It's easy to see the problem.When we went to school back then, we had a prayer every morning at assembly along with the pledge of allegiance.The 10 commandments were displayed also.We even sang gospel songs sometimes during assembly.When you take GOD out of school this is what happens.
Interesting. But Iceland, Australia, Canada, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Netherlands, Switzerland ... list could go on ... do not have the same number of school shootings.

They do not have a political pledge nor school prayer and no 10 commandments posted.

God is everywhere, so saying that it is possible for anyone to remove God is quite an insult to His abilities.

What is missing in the United States is kindness, respect and consideration in general.

That transcends all religions and patriotism.

The fact that someone as unkind, disrespectful and inconsiderate as Trump can be elected is a sign that there is a large part of the population that has no regard for responsible citizenship.

November will give us an indication how many have decided that they have had enough of rudeness, crudeness, meanness and dishonesty that has been the theme of the Trump Administration from the start of his campaign.
papa

Dennis, MS

#6 Mar 12, 2018
WWJD wrote:
<quoted text>

Interesting. But Iceland, Australia, Canada, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Netherlands, Switzerland ... list could go on ... do not have the same number of school shootings.

They do not have a political pledge nor school prayer and no 10 commandments posted.

God is everywhere, so saying that it is possible for anyone to remove God is quite an insult to His abilities.

What is missing in the United States is kindness, respect and consideration in general.

The fact that someone as unkind, disrespectful and inconsiderate as Trump can be elected is a sign that there is a large part of the population that has no regard for responsible citizenship.

November will give us an indication how many have decided that they have had enough of rudeness, crudeness, meanness and dishonesty that has been the theme of the Trump Administration from the start of his campaign.
Sure Trump is rude, add disrespectful to some people, but maybe they have it coming to them.He has done more for this country that Obama did in 8 years.

Lake Geneva, WI

#8 Mar 12, 2018
papa wrote:
<quoted text>

He has done more for this country that Obama did in 8 years.
While I agree, setting the bar higher than NOTHING isn't exactly a staggering feat.
Trump is a joke

Coquitlam, Canada

#9 Mar 12, 2018
WWJD wrote:
<quoted text>

Well said. I look forward to a restoration of dignity and civility to American politics in November, Trump is a crude, bumbling failure as POTUS, and a humiliation to America.
anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Mar 12, 2018
BHM5267 wrote:
<quoted text>

Seems like there's PLENTY of jobs being created.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/09/nonfarm-payro...

If you don't have one yet, you're either unemployable or not trying too hard to find one.
I'm already employed... but very pissed at being a marginalized person in their late 50's.

Very pissed.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11 Mar 12, 2018
Proof that America has gone nuts. The very idea of Trump having a plan is ludicrous on its face. He is too dumb to have a plan anyone should take seriously. Besides, with Trump, today's "plan" is tomorrow's lie.

“Democrats HATE America ”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#12 Mar 12, 2018
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Proof that America has gone nuts. The very idea of Trump having a plan is ludicrous on its face. He is too dumb to have a plan anyone should take seriously. Besides, with Trump, today's "plan" is tomorrow's lie.
Sad Song

United States

#14 Mar 12, 2018
papa wrote:
<quoted text>Sure Trump is rude, add disrespectful to some people, but maybe they have it coming to them.He has done more for this country that Obama did in 8 years.
So Melania and Baron had it coming?

Can you imagine being in either of their shoes right now?

If channeling your rage at those you don’t like is what you consider “winning” with Trump, then I feel sad for you.

The only thing Trump has accomplished is being the worst president. He hit rock bottom and then started digging.

He hasn’t reached his low, which is astounding.
Cordwainer Trout

Leitchfield, KY

#16 Mar 13, 2018
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
You neo-Luddites have betrayed and relinquished any input to America's future. Your bureaucratic and cowardly failures to protect students in the Florida horror is complete evidence of your lack of wisdom in all things.

Lake Geneva, WI

#17 Mar 13, 2018
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm already employed... but very pissed at being a marginalized person in their late 50's.

Very pissed.
I wouldn't worry.

There's already signs that companies are tiring of the Millennial's BS and are starting to see value in hiring older workers.

Amazing that having a work ethic and showing up to work is so rare with the youngins...
papa

Dennis, MS

#18 Mar 13, 2018
WWJD wrote:
<quoted text>

I am kind, respectful and considerate, and I voted for Trump.I am also a responsible citizen who would vote again for Trump if no better option than Hillary Clinton runs.
Spare Me

United States

#19 Mar 13, 2018
papa wrote:
<quoted text>I am kind, respectful and considerate, and I voted for Trump.I am also a responsible citizen who would vote again for Trump if no better option than Hillary Clinton runs.
If you are anything like my Evangelical GOP die hard in-laws, you will not stray from the Republican mantra no matter what. You wouldn’t vote for a Democrat because that would damn your soul to hell.

Even if that Republican has broken every commandment with pride.
Spare Me

United States

#20 Mar 13, 2018
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>

You neo-Luddites have betrayed and relinquished any input to America's future. Your bureaucratic and cowardly failures to protect students in the Florida horror is complete evidence of your lack of wisdom in all things.
So how do you obtain a Kentucky IP address in St. Petersburg Aka, Leningrad, Russia?
ardith

Tampa, FL

#21 Mar 13, 2018
Trump wants guns in schools because he is a racist and he assumes these teachers will all be racist and they will threaten and harass all black students...f-ker may be wrong about that, I hope. But I know what is on his mind, it is all about enslaving children of color.

Since: Feb 13

Amarillo, TX

#22 Mar 13, 2018
BHM5267 wrote:
<quoted text>

I wouldn't worry.

There's already signs that companies are tiring of the Millennial's BS and are starting to see value in hiring older workers.

Amazing that having a work ethic and showing up to work is so rare with the youngins...
This kind of says it all.

bottlecap

Roseville, MI

#23 Mar 13, 2018
WWJD wrote:
<quoted text>

You failed to mention that the greatest portion HATE is coming from the Main-Stream Media, the mouthpiece of the GLOBALIST OLIGARCHY. Trump has put the welfare of US citizens above the nefarious plans of the uber rich and because of that gets Smeared.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 127
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michael Bloomberg in Nashua says midterms are h... 6 hr javawhey 21
News Florida Bump Stock Ban Goes Into Effect Oct 16 why are dems so v... 4
News How Many Dead Americans Will Make Liberals Care? Oct 11 Hillorytrysfarts 1,647
News DeKalb sheriff's office hosting firearm safety ... Oct 4 Get Out 3
Kavanaugh Defends Opinion That Assault Weapons ... Oct 1 Roadie 4
News Concealed carry licensee called hero for interv... Sep 27 Shomrim 12
News Giffords PAC features hypothetical texts during... Sep 25 Get Out 2