Albuquerque teenager 'shoots dead two...

Albuquerque teenager 'shoots dead two adults and three children'

There are 1973 comments on the The Guardian story from Jan 20, 2013, titled Albuquerque teenager 'shoots dead two adults and three children'. In it, The Guardian reports that:

A teenager shot dead two adults and three children inside a Albuquerque home, authorities in New Mexico said on Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

And of course

Huntsville, AL

#727 Jan 25, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, more blunt objects..."not designed to be weapons"...are used to commit murder than rifles.
you are lying.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#728 Jan 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns don't fire themselves.
If a scope helps the shooter sight in the target, then the scope helps the gun be more accurate for that shooter.
If a scope has zero effect on the accuracy of the gun, there would be no need reason to put a scope on any gun.......
Have you ever even fired a gun before? Or are you a typical armchair "conservative"?
"Guns don't fire themselves."

So guns don't kill people.

"...then the scope helps the gun be more accurate for that shooter."

Wrong analogy...the accuracy of the gun is unchanged...the scope is adjusted to where the gun shoots to put the shots where the shooter wants them...when you make sight adjustments, they are made to the scope, not the gun.

"If a scope has zero effect on the accuracy of the gun, there would be no need reason to put a scope on any gun..."

It does have zero effect on the accuracy of the gun...it does have an affect on the accuracy of the shooter.

If you put a gun in a bench vice and fire it several times...given that ALL possible variables will be the same (they won't)...it would hit the same hole everytime. Putting a scope on it does not change that accuracy...it moves the point of impact at a specific range to fit the individual shooter.

"Have you ever even fired a gun before? Or are you a typical armchair"...."frustr ated control freak".
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#729 Jan 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you don't understand English?
Firearm fatalities = 32,000+
I know: you want to move the goalposts.
YOU set the goalposts remember..."putting apples and oranges aside"...meaning compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

YOU fail.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#730 Jan 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever said we're ignoring millions of preventable deaths?
We CAN do BOTH.
YES, I want to ban the sale of all assault rifles to civilian non-law enforcement individuals because they serve no viable civilian purpose which can't be accomplished with something less lethal.
I also support strict ownership & registration & training & certification requirements for ALL remaining guns of any type.
"YES, I want to ban the sale of all assault rifles to civilian non-law enforcement individuals because they serve no viable civilian purpose which can't be accomplished with something less lethal.
I also support strict ownership & registration & training & certification requirements for ALL remaining guns of any type."

See...I knew you were a "frustrated control freak".
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#731 Jan 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
More moronic rhetoric.
We have an entire govt agency tasked with ensuring our food is a safe as possible.
No American is "punished" by not being able to by an assault weapon, anymore than Americans are "punished" by not being able to own a tactical nuke.
Talk about "More moronic rhetoric."

"...Americans are "punished" by not being able to own a tactical nuke."

Do you have a "tactical nuke" up your a$$...?...why do you keep bring up that idiotic argument..?

You are one ignorant, "frustrated control freak".
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#732 Jan 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why put a scope on it in the first place.......
Answered.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#733 Jan 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it didn't function the same way.
I simply said adding a scope can enhance the accuracy of a rifle; otherwise there would be no reason to use one.
"I never said it didn't function the same way."

But YOU did say this in post #602;

"So by your own admission the change you made to your shotgun DID increse the functionality of the gun..."

"I simply said adding a scope can enhance the accuracy of a rifle;"

It doesn't and has been explained to you.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#734 Jan 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I never said that.
I said if it can save even one life when the item in question has NO OTHER VALID CIVILIAN USE.
Bats & knives & screwdrives all have other valid uses and and their primary purpose is not kill mulitiple people in as short a period a time as possible.
Assault rifles have no other valid civilian use which can't be accomplished with a less lethal firearm.
"I said if it can save even one life when the item in question has NO OTHER VALID CIVILIAN USE."

I'll use mine as a "doorstop" or a "paperweight" then...or maybe window decoration in my pickup...or an exercise weight on hikes in the woods...or a hole punch at the local range.

"Assault rifles have no other valid civilian use which can't be accomplished with a less lethal firearm."

Would that be those "military style" so called "assault weapons" and high capacity magazines...would you say they are typically in common use as part of military equipment...?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#735 Jan 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Well DUH!
Since guns can't shoot themselves, OBVIOUSLY it is the accuracy of the shooter.
Play word games all you want; only a complete moron would assume I was saying a scope changes how a gun fires.
If you like I'll start saying it increases the accuracy of the person shooting the gun.
That STILL makes the gun more dangerous/lethat with such a feature than a gun without such a feature.
"That STILL makes the gun more dangerous/lethat with such a feature than a gun without such a feature."

BS! It just makes it LOOK scary to YOU.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#736 Jan 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said you can't defend yourself.
You want to use an assualt weapon.
I want to use a tactical nuke.
Why are you against a law-abiding citizen defending themself?
"You want to use an assualt weapon.
I want to use a tactical nuke."

I've got one...YOU don't.

You're a frivolous, "frustrated control freak".
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#737 Jan 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Then quite your bitching about them being banned. You're no different than any other criminal who thinks they're above the law.
YOU want a tactical nuke for self defense.

"You're no different than any other criminal who thinks they're above the law."
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#738 Jan 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I'm being "punished" by not being able to own a tactical nuke. Damn those crazy despots!
Nah...you couldn't have one to begin with.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#739 Jan 25, 2013
speaking wrote:
<quoted text>
of blunt objects... This is the most inane argument that you dopes keep repeating. Trust me, it doesn't gain any more relevance through repetiton.
AND YOU think that YOU do...the "Santa Fe Spammer"...

"This is the most inane argument that you dopes keep repeating."

What's funny is you can't refute it...change it...make it go away...it's called a FACT.

"Frustrated control freak"
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#740 Jan 25, 2013
And of course wrote:
YOU ARE the liar..."Santa Fe Spammer"

Why can't read your own link...?

Weapons 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
Rifles 453 380 351 367 323
Blunt objects (clubs, hammers, etc.) 647 603 623 549 496

For EVERY year shown, the number of murders committed with blunt objects is HIGHER than with rifles.

Once again, YOU get to show us your ignorance...inability to read or comprehend.

Thank you for proving you're a lying, ignorant. "frustrated control freak".

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#741 Jan 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Well DUH!
Since guns can't shoot themselves, OBVIOUSLY it is the accuracy of the shooter.
Play word games all you want; only a complete moron would assume I was saying a scope changes how a gun fires.
If you like I'll start saying it increases the accuracy of the person shooting the gun.
That STILL makes the gun more dangerous/lethat with such a feature than a gun without such a feature.
You do nothing but prove how TOTALLY IGNORANT you are when it comes to firearms and their use. The scope does NOT, repeat DOES NOT, make the gun more dangerous or lethal. It make THE SHOOTER more ACCURATE. Lethal or dangerous depends on what he is doing with it.

You better quit while you are a marathon behind.

Southeast Virginia

#742 Jan 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I never said that.
I said if it can save even one life when the item in question has NO OTHER VALID CIVILIAN USE.
Bats & knives & screwdrives all have other valid uses and and their primary purpose is not kill mulitiple people in as short a period a time as possible.
Assault rifles have no other valid civilian use which can't be accomplished with a less lethal firearm.
Here's a little test for you. Which one of these rifles is an "assault rifle"?

#1: http://www.tactical-life.com/online/wp-conten...

#2: http://www.marlinfirearms.com/images/photo_60...

Southeast Virginia

#743 Jan 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I never said that.
Target shooting, shooting competitions, varmint hunting/control, collecting, self-defense, etc. are not "VALID CIVILIAN USES"???

Or is that the sight of a gun that LOOKS like something the military would carry simply makes you piss your little panties???

Southeast Virginia

#744 Jan 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
That would at least be accurate, instead of the bullshit you have been spreading on these threads.

Southeast Virginia

#745 Jan 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Murder is the intentional taking of another person's life.
Close.

Murder is the intentional taking of another person's life WITHOUT A JUSTIFIABLE REASON.

If someone is breaking into my house or attacking me on the street, my intent is to remove that threat, up to and including killing them if necessary. And taking the life of someone in self-defense is NOT murder.

Southeast Virginia

#746 Jan 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And once again I NEVER SAID IT WOULD.
So then your intent is simply to infringe on the rights of law-abiding citizens for the hell of it??? Hitler, Stalin and Mao would be so proud of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 3 hr Captain Yesterday 1,008
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 3 hr WelbyMD 1,499
News Letter: Second Amendment should be abolished Sat Prep-for-Dep 6
News AG Healey's assault weapons order is an overdue... Sat Get Out 3
News Shoot Down the Stupid Second Amendment (Dec '14) Jul 16 Prep-for-Dep 60
News Q&A: What are the firearms rules for the GOP co... Jul 13 Banned 2016 1
News What Paul Ryan wants in Donald Trumpa s vice-pr... Jul 13 spud 3
More from around the web