Albuquerque teenager 'shoots dead two adults and three children'

Jan 20, 2013 Read more: The Guardian 1,973

A teenager shot dead two adults and three children inside a Albuquerque home, authorities in New Mexico said on Sunday.

Read more

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#543 Jan 24, 2013
TheatreTech01 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, they'll be on the banned list, including magazines in excess of 10 rounds.
IIRC, federal proposals are for clips with 10 or more capacity as opposed to >10, not sure though how that would affect clips overall as I'm not familiar enough with them all to know if most hold <10 or 10 and up rounds.

BTW, that's not my JudgeIt! on you post.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#544 Jan 24, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
IIRC, federal proposals are for clips with 10 or more capacity as opposed to >10, not sure though how that would affect clips overall as I'm not familiar enough with them all to know if most hold <10 or 10 and up rounds.
BTW, that's not my JudgeIt! on you post.
Mine holds twelve and one in the pipe. I just thought of something. If they try to limit the number of rounds a clip can hold, even in a hand gun, I betcha the manufacturers will figure out a way to get around it by increasing the number of "in the pipe" rounds!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#545 Jan 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
Blame the user, not the tool, Tool.
We blame the tools that put the assault weapon in the hands of the killers.

PS:]

I read that the NRA has been caught with its pants down spreading the handgun rumors:

Lt. J. Paul Vance, the face of an ongoing Connecticut State Police investigation into worst grade school shooting in U.S. history, on Thursday debunked media and Internet reports that Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza killed his victims with handguns and not the Bushmaster XM-15 E2S rifle that is now the focus of a proposed federal assault weapons ban.

All 26 of Lanza's victims were shot with the .223 caliber semi-automatic rifle, said Vance, who bristled at claims to the contrary during an interview with Hearst Connecticut Newspapers.

"It's all these conspiracy theorists that are trying to mucky up the waters," said Vance, the longtime state police spokesman.

Multiple Second Amendment and gun owner websites have attempted to cast doubts on whether the Bushmaster XM-15, a type of AR-15 rifle that is currently legal, was used in the Dec. 14 carnage by Lanza.

Some have cited a Dec. 15 "Today" show video clip from the day after the shooting, in which NBC News Justice Department correspondent Pete Williams said that four handguns were recovered inside Sandy Hook Elementary School and that the Bushmaster rifle was found in the trunk of a car owned by Lanza's slain mother, Nancy Lanza.

"There's no doubt that the rifle was used solely to kill 26 people in that school," Vance said.

Twenty children ages 7 and under and six female educators were killed when Lanza forced his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School and sprayed the building with bullets before turning a gun on himself.

Vance said he made it abundantly clear during his media briefings since the tragedy that Lanza carried out the shooting with the Bushmaster rifle.

"I personally articulated that probably a dozen times in Newtown," Vance said.

The only time Lanza used a handgun at the school was to commit suicide, according to Vance.

The State Police went so far as a to issue a news release on Jan. 18 listing the weapons recovered from inside the school, which included the Bushmaster, a Glock 10-mm handgun and a Sig-Sauer P226 9-mm handgun. An Izhmash Canta-12 12-gauge shotgun was seized from the trunk of the suspect's car.

Sales of AR-15 assault rifles would be banned under the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013, which was introduced Thursday on Capitol Hill and is being sponsored by Connecticut Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Christopher Murphy, as well as Newtown's new Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty. Democratic Rep. Jim Himes, whose district immediately borders Newtown, is also a co-sponsor.

"There's no question that the AR-15 was used, the Bushmaster shot those children with multiple rounds and was instrumental in the massacre," Blumenthal told Hearst Thursday after a Capitol Hill news conference. "Those children and educators might well be alive today if not for the assault weapon and high-capacity magazines."

A message thread entitled "AR-15 was NOT used in Newtown CT Shooting!" appeared Wednesday on the website AR15.com , which accused media outlets such as CNN and host Piers Morgan of running with the story to promote its liberal anti-gun agenda.

"I remember in the initial hours of this shooting, the police said they found the rifle in the car," the anonymous poster wrote. "But the administration-controlled (mainstream media) had a pre-planned attack already waiting, to ban so-called assault weapons and jumped on that line of reporting, knowing it was a lie, which included people like Piers Morgan who said the shooter used an AR-15 that shoots hundreds of rounds per minute, as if it were a machine gun."

Blumenthal had not heard of the chatter.

"The shotgun was in the trunk of the car," Blumenthal said. "The Bushmaster and two pistols were brought into the schoolhouse."

Location hidden

#546 Jan 24, 2013
Just left of right wrote:
I betcha the manufacturers will figure out a way to get around it by increasing the number of "in the pipe" rounds!
I betcha you won't be able to put more than seven in the firearm and wave your hands around and pretended that round 8 and 9 are "in the pipe" and don't count.

I like the ideal that people who use your kind of thinking will lose their gun privileges forever because they can't count to ten.

Location hidden

#547 Jan 24, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
More people die in cars
They are now about the same, and by next year or the next, more will die from firearms.

Putting aside: apples and oranges.

PS: still waiting for that case of someone driving a car around inside a school and killing 27 people.
nellie

Saint Augustine, FL

#548 Jan 24, 2013
very, very tragic story....

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#549 Jan 24, 2013
Just left of right wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine holds twelve and one in the pipe. I just thought of something. If they try to limit the number of rounds a clip can hold, even in a hand gun, I betcha the manufacturers will figure out a way to get around it by increasing the number of "in the pipe" rounds!
there is an Italian gun with double barrels...that is the only way you could get two in the barrels. otherwise it is the aftermarket or the present market. most 1911's (45acp) carry 7-8 in the magazine (and one in "the pipe"). some carry more. the older magazines are grandfathered in. the browning hi-power was called that because it was a double stacked mag with 13 rounds. under clinton it was down to 10. many have purchased higher capacity mags since. takes little time, but could be crucial, to change a mag (1+seconds)...using your slide lock to charge the gun is faster than hand charging with the slide.

Come revolvers now have 7-8 cylinders over the 5-6 standard.

this will be a boon for higher caliber handguns with the standard 7 round magazine of yore.

Location hidden

#550 Jan 24, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a federal definition- google it.
In general its a semi-automatic rifle with a pistol grip and detachable magazine which may or may not include features like a folding stock, grenade launcher, bayonet mount, flash suppressor, etc.
I'm flexible on just how broad or narrow to make the definition if that helps to get ban passed.
I do know this- if we don't do something about these mass killings, sooner or later the public is going to get sick of burying their kids and spouses and eventually decide it's time for ALL guns to be banned or severely restricted.
And most of those features are faux. You really show that you don't know which end of the barrel is up. Will give you the folding stock. Duh.

Location hidden

#551 Jan 24, 2013
Make that faux for the civilian market. And suppressors are a different kettle of fish with a special license/tax for civilians.

And they do not have the selector for fully automatic which require a special license and tax for civilians.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#552 Jan 24, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why our MILITARY has guns; to keep us safe.
That isn't even part of the 2nd Amendment.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#553 Jan 24, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it hasn't.
If you have a constitutional right to own an assault weapon, then I have a constitutional right to own tactical nuclear arms.
Either arms can be restricted or they can't.
So which is it?
As you have been shown, your "tactical nuclear arms", are not protected by the 2nd Amendment. It does not fit the the "arms" refered to in the 2nd Amendment, they are NOT a weapon in common use, they would fall under the Miller decision as "dangerous" and "unusual weapons".

That may change when we get the neighborhood "Nuke" stores opening up across the United States. When that happens, maybe you'll be able to get one. Until then, you're being frivolous with this argument.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#554 Jan 24, 2013
You lead wrote:
<quoted text>
an exciting life.
So you need military weaponry.
Who said anything about "need"...you sound like Biden. We don't have a "Bill of Needs".
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#555 Jan 24, 2013
Go ahead wrote:
<quoted text>
roll on the floor, freak. I don't give a flying fck about your gun fetish and the names you give them.
It is overkill. Literally.
ROTFLMAO at the "Santa Fe Spammer"...getting a little more frustrated are you...?...little "frustrated control freak".
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#556 Jan 24, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, could that be because it's illegal to buy, own, or build a tactical nuke?
Hmmm, now imagine if we make it illegal to buy, own, or build an assault rifle?
Yeah, that's EXACTLY the point.
That's why one is protected under the 2nd Amendment and the other isn't.

But that's ok...YOU can still "imagine" all you want...you can even listen to the song while you do.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#557 Jan 24, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats absurd is thinking you have the right to any arms you want.
You don't.
That's my point.
Dang...guess I'll have to wait to store that shoulder fired Tactical Nuke next to my so called "assault rifle". Maybe I'll hang it over the fireplace. That would look good over the mantle.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#558 Jan 24, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The 2nd amendment says nothing about punks in dark alleys, coyotes, sheep, squirrels, cattle, or bears.
But it does say something about the people having a right to keep and bear arms...OH...AND....that the gov't shall not infringe on that right.

Kinda cool huh...?
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#559 Jan 24, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! And you're a proven lying eunuch!
Woohoo!
AND you're the "Santa Fe Spammer"...a little lying, POS, "frustrated control freak".

Woohoo!
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#560 Jan 24, 2013
broken wrote:
<quoted text>
record
ignorant spammer..."Santa Fe Spammer" strikes again...lol..."frustrated control freak".
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#561 Jan 24, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
As part of a well regulated militia........LOL
No it doesn't...and even the USSC disagrees with you.

Are you rolling on the floor when you're doing your "lol"...?

I am...ROTFLMAO...at you.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#562 Jan 24, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a federal definition- google it.
In general its a semi-automatic rifle with a pistol grip and detachable magazine which may or may not include features like a folding stock, grenade launcher, bayonet mount, flash suppressor, etc.
I'm flexible on just how broad or narrow to make the definition if that helps to get ban passed.
I do know this- if we don't do something about these mass killings, sooner or later the public is going to get sick of burying their kids and spouses and eventually decide it's time for ALL guns to be banned or severely restricted.
"In general its a semi-automatic rifle with a pistol grip and detachable magazine which may or may not include features like a folding stock, grenade launcher, bayonet mount, flash suppressor, etc."

Awe...poor baby...all those things that make a standard rifle "look scary"...oh my...none of which make it function any different from a standard hunting rifle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kahr CW40 PROBLEM (Dec '08) 12 hr OlFed 48
News Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) Apr 15 AMERICA 12,178
Democrats: Get A $2,000 Tax Credit For Turning ... Apr 14 Get Out 10
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) Apr 13 swedenforever 112
News Who's calling the shots in Canada? Apr 10 Truth and Facts 2
Suspect in Arizona Shooting Spree a White Supre... Apr 5 Truth and Facts 82
Why I'm for the Brady Bill By Ronald Reagan Apr 5 Truth and Facts 36
More from around the web