Albuquerque teenager 'shoots dead two adults and three children'

Jan 20, 2013 Full story: The Guardian 1,974

A teenager shot dead two adults and three children inside a Albuquerque home, authorities in New Mexico said on Sunday.

Full Story
First Prev
of 99
Next Last
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#1 Jan 20, 2013
Want to bet me whether the crazy shooter was on some kind if prescription drugs? Everyone in N M has guns. They are carried open, and hang in their trucks. This crazy kid should have been locked up somewhere so he couldn't hurt anyone. Evidentially we are going to hear of every shooting from now on. Might we also hear about the people saved, because they stopped a threat with their gun? No. I know.
no we

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Jan 20, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Want to bet me whether the crazy shooter was on some kind if prescription drugs? Everyone in N M has guns. They are carried open, and hang in their trucks. This crazy kid should have been locked up somewhere so he couldn't hurt anyone. Evidentially we are going to hear of every shooting from now on. Might we also hear about the people saved, because they stopped a threat with their gun? No. I know.
don't - don't lie.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Jan 20, 2013
Hopefully it was his own family he killed.

Time to drain the water out of that particular gene pool......

Tawas City, Michigan

#4 Jan 20, 2013
Yep, another 5 dead thanks to easy access to military style assault weapons.

Assuming those weren't his parents he killed, then charge his own parents with negligent homicide for allowing their kid access to a dangerous weapon.
jkjkhardcore

Westbury, NY

#5 Jan 20, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
No you idiot, locking up people is the same as saying lets lock up all people with guns. Our prison population is the highest in the world right now, and it costs us billions. HE should have been treated, and prevented access to guns.
jkjkhardcore

Westbury, NY

#6 Jan 20, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Yep, another 5 dead thanks to easy access to military style assault weapons.
Assuming those weren't his parents he killed, then charge his own parents with negligent homicide for allowing their kid access to a dangerous weapon.
It gives credit to bans on assault weapons, but really blaming the parents and blaming guns is not going to get us anywhere. It is best if we are able to find these people and prevent them access to guns and get treatment.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#7 Jan 20, 2013
Of the three major TV news channels in the Abq area, one says an assault style weapon was used, one says one was present and one doesn't even mention it. It appears there were numerous guns present but...

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#8 Jan 20, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
The investigation should start. If they wait Fox News Sunday will make him into a new 'Obama'sSon'.
The psychotropic 'enthusiastic' drug experimentation, the withdrawal should be supervised. And, the residue enters the town water supply. This could be worse than cigarettes.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#9 Jan 20, 2013
Sincere question. It reads that the children were shot and killed also. If so, why wasn't he charged with 5 counts of murder? Does killing a child only count as child abuse resulting in death?

If so, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with our judicial system!
Way

Santa Fe, NM

#10 Jan 20, 2013
to celebrate gun appreciation day.
TheatreTech01

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jan 20, 2013
And the slaughter goes on.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#12 Jan 20, 2013
It can become Trayvon all over again.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#13 Jan 20, 2013
Get treatment where? You act as though these crazies can be given a couple pills and become normal. They cannot. They need to be put in hospitals, and kept there. In the case of the Connecticut killings, the shooters' own mother was afraid of him, and "considering" hospitalizing him. She waited too long.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#14 Jan 20, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
We see the marxist media post this little story, while 20 died in Chicago from gangs, probably over 200 died in cars from DUI's and many more died due to drugs in LA and Miami.
TheatreTech01

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Jan 20, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>We see the marxist media post this little story, while 20 died in Chicago from gangs, probably over 200 died in cars from DUI's and many more died due to drugs in LA and Miami.
Marxists? What a putz. The media is corporate owned. The sell sensationalism. Death sells. Go back to rush limpballs if you want unbiased news.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#17 Jan 20, 2013
Just left of right wrote:
Sincere question. It reads that the children were shot and killed also. If so, why wasn't he charged with 5 counts of murder? Does killing a child only count as child abuse resulting in death?

If so, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with our judicial system!
That makes it legal to murder unborn babies
Uuuh

Santa Fe, NM

#18 Jan 20, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>We see the marxist media post this little story, while 20 died in Chicago from gangs, probably over 200 died in cars from DUI's and many more died due to drugs in LA and Miami.
Don't lie. The media is hyper capitalistic and reactive to what people want to hear about. Yesterday a bunch of you wanted to tell the lie that weapons are just tools like screwdrivers or drills, but can't be regulated because they are not. This is the reality and result of the madness you promote and want to deny.

For some perspective there were on 5 gun deaths total in Noway in 2005. Here that is a good day.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#19 Jan 20, 2013
Uuuh wrote:
<quoted text>Don't lie. The media is hyper capitalistic and reactive to what people want to hear about. Yesterday a bunch of you wanted to tell the lie that weapons are just tools like screwdrivers or drills, but can't be regulated because they are not. This is the reality and result of the madness you promote and want to deny.

For some perspective there were on 5 gun deaths total in Noway in 2005. Here that is a good day.
All guns are illegal here and we have a tougher penalty for breaking the law here than in the USA

But we have more gun crime per capita

It took me years and 10k in fees to get a permit to carry a concealed weapon here and I must report every bullet I shoot even at targets
Losing a bullet is a felony here

But I am able to buy all of the ammo I want illegally of the street...
A AK 47 is only about 500 dollars

Now if the USA makes guns as illegal as cocaine what will happen???

Tawas City, Michigan

#20 Jan 20, 2013
jkjkhardcore wrote:
<quoted text> It gives credit to bans on assault weapons, but really blaming the parents and blaming guns is not going to get us anywhere. It is best if we are able to find these people and prevent them access to guns and get treatment.
Maybe if the parents knew THEY could be held responsible it would get them to lock up their guns or get their kids the treatment they need, or both.

Tawas City, Michigan

#21 Jan 20, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Get treatment where? You act as though these crazies can be given a couple pills and become normal. They cannot. They need to be put in hospitals, and kept there. In the case of the Connecticut killings, the shooters' own mother was afraid of him, and "considering" hospitalizing him. She waited too long.
And yet she allowed him easy access to her guns.......

Seems she got what she deserved; too bad she contributed to the slaughter of actual innocents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 99
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 6 hr Squach 12,064
Texas open carry is shooting itself in the foot Dec 16 Independent1 4
Open Carry Activist Charged With Shooting Ex-Hu... Dec 13 Here Is One 3
Ferguson braces for grand jury decision Dec 11 Vern5554566 4
Deer Hunting Time Dec 9 kurtcooksalot16 1
Bill would stiffen background checks Dec 8 Independent1 3
SAFE Act PROTEST draws crowd in Lewis County (Jun '13) Dec 7 lowville resident 4
More from around the web