One-third of Americans believe armed revolution imperative

May 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

With citizens concerned about new and stricter gun control legislation, a new poll found more than one-third of Americans believe an armed revolution might need to occur in the next few years to prevent an escalating war against constitutional liberties.

Comments (Page 20)

Showing posts 381 - 400 of482
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY? Is that why I can post historical FACTS which PROVE that which I claim.
REally?

Why can't you prove this:
GunShow1 wrote:
Why were there NO 'gun control laws' from 1791 all the way up to 1934?
You filling the forums up with irrelevant 200 year old spam proves nothing, GayDavy.

PS:
Kentucky enacted the first carrying concealed weapon statute in the United States in 1813.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

GunShow1 wrote:
Vikings: Spam, spam, spam, 200 year old spam...

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
REally?
Why can't you prove this:
<quoted text>
You filling the forums up with irrelevant 200 year old spam proves nothing, GayDavy.
PS:
Kentucky enacted the first carrying concealed weapon statute in the United States in 1813.
"In the intervals of toil their amusements consist chiefly of hunting and shooting, in the woods, or on the mountains; whence they acquire prodigious muscular activity and strength. We have no game laws, such as exist in Europe, to prohibit the possession and use of firearms to the great body of the people. Our boys carry a gun almost as soon as they can walk; and the habitual practice of shooting at a target, with the rifle, renders the Americans the most unerring marksmen, and the most deadly musketry in the world; as was singularly evidenced at Bunker's Hill, in the commencement of the revolutionary conflict, and at New-Orleans, at the close of the last war."

- John Bristed,[THE RESOURCES OF THE OF AMERICA; OR, A VIEW OF THE AGRICULTURAL, COMMERCIAL, MANUFACTURING, FINANCIAL, POLITICAL, LITERARY, MORAL AND RELIGIOUS CAPACITY AND CHARACTER or THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. BY JOHN BRISTED, COUNSELLOR AT LAW. AUTHOR OF THE RESOURCES OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE New-York: PUBLISHED BY JAMES EASTBURN & CO. AT THE LITERARY ROOMS, BROADWAY, CORNER OF PINE STREET. Abraham Paul, printer. 1818.]

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Vikings: Spam, spam, spam, 200 year old spam...
"Had I voted against the bill, believing this modern doctrine, should have felt myself bound, as a consistent man, to have gone home and told my constituents that a proposition was made in Congress to relieve them from two millions of their burdens, which I had rejected with scorn, but that I had brought them the glorious remedy of nullification. I knew the temper of that people too well; I knew they were devotedly attached to the Union of these States, as the last hope of liberty upon earth, and that they were not inclined to jeopard it upon a doubtful point of political economy. Whenever sir, I persuade the people whom I represent, to resist the laws of this Government, it will be such resistance as freemen should make, with arms in their hands, and not a pettifogging chicanery through the courts."

- Mr. WILLIAM B. SHEPARD, Jan. 29, 1833, Speech in the U.S. House of Representatives on the Tariff Bill,[REGISTER OF DEBATES IN CONGRESS COMPRISING THE LEADING DEBATES AND INCIDENTS OF THE SECOND SESSION OF THE TWENTY-SECOND CONGRESS: TOGETHER WITH AN APPENDIX, CONTAINING IMPORTANT STATE PAPERS AND PUBLIC DOCUMENTS, AND THE LAWS, OF A PUBLIC NATURE, ENACTED DURING THE SESSION: WITH A COPIOUS INDEX TO THE WHOLE. VOLUME IX. WASHINGTON: PRINTED AND PUBLISHED BY GALES AND SEATON. 1833. Pg. 1440]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

GunShow1 wrote:
Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely 200 year old spam!
See the light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Every Liberal should be shot,and killed.!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

GunShow1 wrote:
Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely 180 year old spam!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

See the light wrote:
Yet you continue your knob job approach.

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely 200 year old spam!
LXXXVII. In time of alarm occasioned by any insurrection, rebellion, or invasion, all field officers, and captains of companies, shall have power, by themselves, or their warrants, to any inferior officer, or soldier, to impress any arms, ammunition, provisions, horses, waggons, carts, boats, canoes, periauguas, and vessels, with their furniture, or whatever other thing they shall want, or have need of, for the service of the state: Provided, that all such things so impressed, be, by the said officers, brought before three, or more, indifferent persons, being freeholders, to be appraised and valued before they are disposed of for the public service; and such appraisement being made, the officer shall give a receipt for the same, if he conveniently can; and the said officer shall cause his clerk to enter the same in a book to be kept for that purpose; and the said appraisers shall ascertain any loss, or damage, that may happen to the things so impressed, or allow a competent hire for the same, when returned to the owner, as the case shall require, and shall give such appraisement, under their hands, to the owner: And the captain, or commanding officer of each company, after such alarm shall be over, and before such company shall be discharged, shall order so many men, as he shall think fit, to carry the several things by him impressed, to the respective owners, who, upon the delivery of the same shall give a receipt.--(a.)--Ibid. p. 327 [Pg. 307]

[A DIGEST OF THE Laws of South Carolina CONTAINING THE PUBLIC STATUTE LAW OP THE STATE,DOWN TO THE YEAR 1822; A COMPENDIOUS SYSTEM OF THE GENERAL PRINCIPLES AND DOCTRINES OF THE COMMON LAW, THE LAW OF COURTS MARTIAL, AND A GREAT VARIETY OF FORMS: THE WHOLE BEING DESIGNED, CHIEFLY, FOR THE INSTRUCTION AND USE OF THE PRIVATE CITIZEN AND INFERIOR MAGISTRATE. BY BENJAMIN JAMES. "Misera est servitus, ubi jus est vagum, aut incognitum." COPY RIGHT SECURED ACCORDING TO LAW. COLUMBIA: PRINTED AT THE TELESCOPE PPESS. 1822.]

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely 180 year old spam!
"For more than a century the Americans had claimed that by their charters they were empowered to protect themselves--an idea out of which evolved the political doctrine set forth in the declarations of rights, that the natural and safe defence of a free state is its militia, composed of the body of its people trained to arms. The doctrine is the application to the state of the individual's right of self defence."

- Francis Newton Thorpe,[A CONSTITUTIONAL HISTORY OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE BY FRANCIS NEWTON THORPE Illustrated with Maps IN TWO VOLUMES VOLUME ONE NEW YORK AND LONDON HARPER & BROTHERS PUBLISHERS 1898. Pg. 52](Mr. Thorpe,(1857 - 1926), was an American legal scholar, historian, political scientist,and Professor of Constitutional History at the University of Penn.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

GunShow1 wrote:
GunShow1 wrote:
Vikings: Spam, spam, spam, lovely 190 year old spam!
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

See the light wrote:
The "Founding Fatheres" were almost all liberals, in fact, the conservatives at time tried to install a King for the New World.Nearly all were well educated for their time, they all had prosperous enterprises while attending to the people’s business. the conservatives lobbied against the Bill of Rights. Most of the Founding Fathers disapproved of giving ordinary citizens the right to own land or such liberties as freedom of religion, freedom from unreasonable search and torture, the right of free speech and so forth. In fact, when John Adams was president (1797-1801), he took away freedom of speech. The Bill of Rights is, in reality, the people's voice against the Founding Fathers - liberty against conformity. The authors of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights were progressives fighting the conservatives who lobbied against it, in fact, the wingnuz of old lobbied hard to have George Washington installed as the “King of the New World.”
See the light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

All Real American's need guns to defend themselves against the Liberal Government. They want to take away freedom.

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Vikings: Spam, spam, spam, lovely 190 year old spam!
"Most of the amendments now offered came from the party opposed to a strong central government. They did not contemplate any radical change, but simply a definition of the power of the central government and its relation to the States. Congress adopted ten of the nearly threescore amendments proposed. They emphasized the freedom of speech, religion and the press, the right to bear arms, the security of the people from unreasonable searches and seizures, and stated that powers not delegated to the United States, nor prohibited to the States by the Constitution are reserved to the States or to the people, and that the fact that certain specific rights are by the Constitution, enumerated as belonging to the people, does not deny or disparage other rights still retained by them. These amendments were adopted by the States."--Arthur Gilman,[A HISTORY OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, BY ARTHUR GILMAN M.A., AUTHOR OF "FIRST STEPS IN GENERAL HISTORY," "FIRST STEPS IN ENGLISH LITERATURE," EDITOR OF THE "POETICAL WORKS OF GEOFFREY CHAUCER," "THE KINGDOM OF HOME," ETC., ETC. I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American, and I intend to perform the duties incumbent upon me in that character to the end of my career.-- Daniel Webster, WITH ILLUSTRATIONS, BOSTON D. LOTHROP AND COMPANY FRANKLIN STREET COR. OF HAWLEY. 1883]
See the light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Founding Fatheres" were almost all liberals, in fact, the conservatives at time tried to install a King for the New World.Nearly all were well educated for their time, they all had prosperous enterprises while attending to the people’s business. the conservatives lobbied against the Bill of Rights. Most of the Founding Fathers disapproved of giving ordinary citizens the right to own land or such liberties as freedom of religion, freedom from unreasonable search and torture, the right of free speech and so forth. In fact, when John Adams was president (1797-1801), he took away freedom of speech. The Bill of Rights is, in reality, the people's voice against the Founding Fathers - liberty against conformity. The authors of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights were progressives fighting the conservatives who lobbied against it, in fact, the wingnuz of old lobbied hard to have George Washington installed as the “King of the New World.”
They were unlike Liberals of today, "they" actually loved America and cared about Americans. Also they carried guns.

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Clueless. Do you remember the other day when you were posting wildly all over the place about the 'right of the militia'?

"GENERAL WASHINGTON TO MR. GERRY.

"CAMP AT PENNYBACKERS MILL, SEPT. 27, 1777.

"SIR,

"I am favoured with your's of the 25th. I yesterday wrote you that I did not think myself authorized to seize upon any arms the property of private persons; but if they can be collected and the owners satisfied for them, it would be of very essential service, as great numbers of militia would join the army could they be furnished with arms. I am glad you have began the collection of blankets and shoes; this business cannot be carried to too great an extent and I think if the measure is properly pursued, great quantities of blankets, rugs and coverlids, may be collected in the back counties..."

[The Life of ELBRIDGE GERRY. With Contemporary Letters. TO THE CLOSE OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION. BY JAMES T AUSTIN. BOSTON: WELLS AND LILLY--COURT STREET. 1828.](Elbridge Thomas Gerry,(July, 1744 – November 23, 1814), was an American statesman and diplomat. As a Democratic-Republican he was selected as the fifth Vice President of the United States (1813–1814), serving under James Madison.)
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

See the light wrote:
<quoted text>They were unlike Liberals of today, "they" actually loved America and cared about Americans. Also they carried guns.
Would the Founding Fathers have removed the Second Amendment from the Constitution or abandoned the idea of empowering citizens to defend themselves because of a string of mass shootings? Not very likely, but what they would have done is created a strong set of restrictions on ammunition to ensure that guns were not abused by people to harm the welfare of their fellow citizens.
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

See the light wrote:
<quoted text>They were unlike Liberals of today, "they" actually loved America and cared about Americans. Also they carried guns.
Actually they did not carry guns back then they were called Pistols.

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Would the Founding Fathers have removed the Second Amendment from the Constitution or abandoned the idea of empowering citizens to defend themselves because of a string of mass shootings? Not very likely, but what they would have done is created a strong set of restrictions on ammunition to ensure that guns were not abused by people to harm the welfare of their fellow citizens.
Not quite, traitor.

For you see the second amendment was DEMANDED by We The People due to a perverse 'law' passed by the state of Massachusetts. Which was passed to disarm those that had participated in the Shay's Rebellion. A rebellion in which many people were killed, property destroyed, as well as other felonious acts. To Wit:

The Shay's Insurrection, "These the Legislature could not infringe, without bringing upon themselves the detestation of mankind, and the frowns of Heaven", Jan. 12, 1787

Rufus King to Henry Lee?, "and in every Respect Treat the Citizens in arms...", Feb. 10, 1787

Commonwealth of Massachusetts, "and shall obtain an order for the re-delivery of such arms", Feb. 16, 1787

Journals of the Continental Congress, "...impolitic and not to be reconciled with the genius of free Govts...", Feb. 19. 1787

Letters of Delegates to Congress, "...An Act to disarm and Disfranchise for three years...", Feb. 27th, 1787

Letters of Delegates to Congress, "...this act has created more universal disgust than any other of Government...", March 6, 1787

Journals of the Continental Congress, "That a large body of armed insurgents, did make their appearance...", March 13, 1787

A Proclamation, "and of being again renewed to the arms of their country, and once more enjoying the rights of free citizens of the Commonwealth", June 15, 1787

James Madison to Thomas Jefferson, "a great proportion of the offenders chuse rather to risk the consequences of their treason, than submit to the conditions annexed to the amnesty", March 19, 1787

The Debates in the Federal Convention, "...let the citizens of Massachusetts be disarmed.... It would be regarded as a system of despotism.", Aug. 23, 1787

That 'law' caused so much contempt. That patriots from all the surrounding states cam running with arms in their hands. In order to FORCE the Massachusetts government to rescind the 'law'. As well as provide the impetus for the DEMAND for the right to be SECURED in a "bill of rights" in the new federal government. The second amendment was put in place to keep the government from taking away the right to arms from people that had transgressed the law.

"The people cannot be all, & always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independent 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. What country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. Our Convention has been too much impressed by the insurrection of Massachusetts: and in the spur of the moment they are setting up a kite to keep the hen-yard in order. I hope in God this article will be rectified before the new constitution is accepted."

- Thomas Jefferson, Nov. 13, 1787 letter to William S. Smith.

Go away, traitor.

San Jose, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they did not carry guns back then they were called Pistols.
WRONG. They were called "arms". There were distinctions of; blunderbusses, cannon, daggers, fire-arms, guns, muskets, pistols, rifles, side-arms, etc.

Have you demonRat traitors ever thought about learning about REALITY? Or, is that too much for your little pea-sized brains to handle?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 381 - 400 of482
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••