One-third of Americans believe armed ...

One-third of Americans believe armed revolution imperative

There are 482 comments on the Examiner.com story from May 12, 2013, titled One-third of Americans believe armed revolution imperative. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

With citizens concerned about new and stricter gun control legislation, a new poll found more than one-third of Americans believe an armed revolution might need to occur in the next few years to prevent an escalating war against constitutional liberties.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

GunShow1

“Shall NOT be infringed!”

Since: Apr 13

San Jose, CA.

#214 May 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hardly. in fact, it is you that has shown you don't even know the history of the 2nd amendment restrictions.
why are you such a poor citizen?
I have told you of the restrictions on the 2nd. you have denied there were any. where are your facts? did you know that when it was enacted, men who wouldn't swear allegiance to the revloution were not allowed to own guns?
history is fun!
knowing the history of your own country is a civic duty. you failed as a citizen.(or in your words...you got pounded..)
Interesting how that you can show NO SUCH RESTRICTIONS on the right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms though, ISN'T IT traitor-troll? Just on the "militia".

Here you go, traitor-troll. Pay extra special attention to the lst sentence:

[Pg. 218]
"...In the very organization of our republic, the militia seems to have been a component part of the system, and one, without which the other parts could not long hold together. A people who would be self-governed must be self-defended. The armed yeomanry of the republic are those into whose hands the protection and defence of the people's rights can be most safely intrusted, as they are indeed the people themselves, whose liberties are to be protected. But it is not only necessary that our citizen soldiers should be armed, but in some degree disciplined, for an armed multitude without discipline, must always be more terrible to itself than to its enemies...."
[Pg. 219]
"...Should an objection be raised, that by curtailing the number of the militia in the way proposed, would be an infringement of the constitution, which declares that "the freemen of this commonwealth shall be armed and disciplined for its defence," and should this be so construed as to require that every militia man should be armed and disciplined, your committee would reply, that this provision has never been complied with in that sense; for by every law that has been passed for the regulation of the militia, certain classes of our citizens have been exempted in addition to those exempted by acts of congress, and in some other states this exemption is carried to a much greater extent, so as to embrace fire companies and those engaged in iron and manufactories; nor would this system deprive any citizen of the right to bear arms."

-[REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON THE MILITIA SYSTEM, April, 1832. HAZARD'S REGISTER OF PENNSYLVANIA DEVOTED TO THE PRESERVATION OF FACTS AND DOCUMENTS, AND EVERY OTHER KIND OF USEFUL INFORMATION RESPECTING THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA. EDITED BY SAMUEL HAZARD. VOL. IX.--JANUARY TO JULY, 1832. PHILADELPHIA. WM. F. GEDDES, PRINTER, 9 LIBRARY ST.]

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#215 May 18, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The gay fondling father.
Not surprised, Shug.
PS: Hamilton wanted to have a monarchy rather than a republic.
Yes, yes, I realize your severe mental retardation causes you to project your perverse fantasies out in public. Sorry that your doctor was unable to help you with your condition. Perhaps you should follow his advice and get that full lobotomy....

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#216 May 18, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes, I realize your severe mental retardation causes you to project your perverse fantasies out in public. Sorry that your doctor was unable to help you with your condition. Perhaps you should follow his advice and get that full lobotomy....
Because she would first have to have a brain in order for it to be lobotomized. It is abundantly clear that her's has been on hiatus for quite some time now.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#218 May 18, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes, I realize your severe mental retardation
Hamilton was homosexual and a monarchist.

So ya know, GayDavy.

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#219 May 18, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So ya know, GayDavy.
You seem to know quite a bit about homosexuality. Why is that?

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#220 May 18, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Because she would first have to have a brain in order for it to be lobotomized. It is abundantly clear that her's has been on hiatus for quite some time now.
I know, I know. But I like watching all that confetti blow around in that transparent head of hers when the wind blows. Especially when it changes colors according to her moods. It's pathetic, sad, and funny all in one! Now if you'll excuse me, I need to make some more popcorn in preparation for the next bare-brained dazzling color festival. ;)

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#221 May 18, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They were less than two percent.
Why do you refer to you brain cells as "they"?

Location hidden

#222 May 19, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to know quite a bit about homosexuality. Why is that?
I know for you it's a lifestyle.

I don't judge you for that, Shug.

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#223 May 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rights of Citizens of the United States.

SPEECH of HON. A. G. THURMAN, OF OHIO.

DELIVERED

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES,

FEBRUARY 6, 1872.

[WASHINGTON; F. & J. RIVES & GEO. A. BAILEY, REPORTERS AND PRINTERS OP THE DEBATES OP CONGRESS. 1872.]

42d Cong....2d Sess.

"Here is another great right recognized and secured. Again:

""article II.

""A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

"Here is another right of a citizen of the United States, expressly declared to be his right— the right to bear arms; and this right, says the Constitution, shall not be infringed. "

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#224 May 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Really, Sir, has it come to this? The rifle has ever been the companion of the pioneer, and, under God, his tutelary protector against the red man and the beast of the forest. Never was this efficient weapon more needed in just self-defence than now in Kansas; and at least one article in our National Constitution must be blotted out before the complete right to it can be in any way impeached. And yet such is the madness of the hour, that, in defiance of the solemn guaranty in the Amendments to the Constitution, that "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed," the people of Kansas are arraigned for keeping and bearing arms, and the Senator from South Carolina has the face to say openly on this floor that they should be disarmed,--of course that the fanatics of Slavery, his allies and constituents, may meet no impediment. Sir, the Senator is venererable with years; he is reputed also to have worn at home, in the State he represents, judicial honors; and he is placed here at the head of an important Committee occupied particularly with questions of law; but neither his years, nor his position, past or present, can give respectability to the demand he makes, or save him from indignant condemnation, when, to compass the wretched purposes of a wretched cause, he thus proposes to trample on one of the plainest provisions of Constitutional Liberty."

- Senator Charles Sumner, Speech Delivered in the U.S. Senate, May 19-20, 1856.[Life and Public Services of Charles Sumner, By Charles Edwards Lester, Pg. 292](Charles Sumner,(Jan. 6, 1811 – March 11, 1874), was a firmly Anti-slavery senator from Massachusetts. An academic lawyer, powerful orator, and one of the most learned statesmen of the era. Specializing in foreign affairs, he worked closely with Abraham Lincoln in order to keep the British and the French from intervening on the side of the Confederacy during the Civil War. Sumnerwas also the powerful chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations).

Location hidden

#225 May 19, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce, served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines, garnished with truffle pâté, brandy and a fried egg on top and Spam

Location hidden

#226 May 19, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, baked beans, Spam, Spam, Spam and Spam;
I love Inferior Races

Podgorica, Montenegro

#227 May 19, 2013
Jews rule the World...

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#228 May 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce, served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines, garnished with truffle pâté, brandy and a fried egg on top and Spam
Yeah, that's real original.

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#229 May 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, baked beans, Spam, Spam, Spam and Spam;
Yeah, that pretty much describes your droolings.
no wonder

Portage, MI

#230 May 19, 2013
I love Inferior Races wrote:
Jews rule the World...
Well they do have a better grasp of the language than you. That makes it easy for them to get ahead of you. You should never capitalize world unless it starts a sentence or is used as a proper noun in a title such as the World Series. When you say "Jews rule the world" it is being used as a common noun and should not be capitalized.

Does this matter? Yes, because if you look stupid your post will be ignored or your resume will be tossed in the trash. If you're attempting to sway people to your cause then you should know followers only follow someone they perceive as better or smarter than themselves.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#231 May 19, 2013
I love Inferior Races wrote:
Jews rule the World...
As long as sub-humans like you do not.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#232 May 20, 2013
GunShow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting how that you can show NO SUCH RESTRICTIONS on the right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms though, ISN'T IT traitor-troll? Just on the "militia".
Here you go, traitor-troll. Pay extra special attention to the lst sentence:
[Pg. 218]
"...In the very organization of our republic, the militia seems to have been a component part of the system, and one, without which the other parts could not long hold together. A people who would be self-governed must be self-defended. The armed yeomanry of the republic are those into whose hands the protection and defence of the people's rights can be most safely intrusted, as they are indeed the people themselves, whose liberties are to be protected. But it is not only necessary that our citizen soldiers should be armed, but in some degree disciplined, for an armed multitude without discipline, must always be more terrible to itself than to its enemies...."
[Pg. 219]
"...Should an objection be raised, that by curtailing the number of the militia in the way proposed, would be an infringement of the constitution, which declares that "the freemen of this commonwealth shall be armed and disciplined for its defence," and should this be so construed as to require that every militia man should be armed and disciplined, your committee would reply, that this provision has never been complied with in that sense; for by every law that has been passed for the regulation of the militia, certain classes of our citizens have been exempted in addition to those exempted by acts of congress, and in some other states this exemption is carried to a much greater extent, so as to embrace fire companies and those engaged in iron and manufactories; nor would this system deprive any citizen of the right to bear arms."
-[REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON THE MILITIA SYSTEM, April, 1832. HAZARD'S REGISTER OF PENNSYLVANIA DEVOTED TO THE PRESERVATION OF FACTS AND DOCUMENTS, AND EVERY OTHER KIND OF USEFUL INFORMATION RESPECTING THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA. EDITED BY SAMUEL HAZARD. VOL. IX.--JANUARY TO JULY, 1832. PHILADELPHIA. WM. F. GEDDES, PRINTER, 9 LIBRARY ST.]
no, fool. the examples I gave you applied to all citizens. why are you such a shitty citizen?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#233 May 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So ya know, GayDavy.
then why did he have an affair with a woman?

where did you get the idea he was gay?

GunShow1

San Jose, CA.

#234 May 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, fool. the examples I gave you applied to all citizens. why are you such a shitty citizen?
"If, then, the arms-bearing right of the people is, as Blackstone says, an integral and inseparable part of their absolute rights as individuals, it follows that any and every constitution which assumes to protect life, liberty and property, necessarily insures the right of all the people to keep and bear arms, unless the contrary intention is clearly expressed, Hence the right is in nowise dependent upon the clause asserting that a well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. The right exists whether the constitution contains that clause or not...."

"...But "these instruments," he says, "measure the power of the rulers; they do not measure the rights of the governed:" Cooley's Constitutional Limitations 37. "Neither military nor civil law," says the same high authority, "can take from the citizen the right to bear arms for the common defence. This is an inherited and traditionary right, guaranteed, also, by state and federal constitutions...."

"....... For all these repugnances of our statute to the acts of congress, I must pronounce the former unauthorized legislation in all its parts. Let the relator be discharged."

- Judge William Henry Barnum,[People, Ex. Rel. Bielfeld, v. Affelt. Illinois--Cook County Circuit Court. 1879.]
http://gunshowonthenet.blogspot.com/2013/05/t...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Watch Julianne Moore and Emma Stone implore cit... 16 hr Simplejim 9
News My Turn: Another day, another mass shooting in ... 16 hr payme 4
News Aren't American lives worth saving? Sat Bozo666 36
News Bump Stock Ban: Just the Tip of the Iceberg Oct 19 payme 3
How To Handle A Firearm With Your Opposite Hand Oct 17 SummerBB8 1
New Tactical Gear at LAX Ammo OC Store! Oct 16 SummerBB8 1
News Why are there always shootings in the US? Oct 15 youll shoot your ... 1
More from around the web