Colorado Shooting Rekindles Gun Control Debate

Jul 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Roll Call

Sen. Dianne Feinstein called for increased gun control in the wake of last week's Colorado shooting, saying it may have helped prevent the tragic incident.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of5,108
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Twelve Dead, sixty injured.
I guess he got off a few more rounds than you said.
I love an idiot who preaches about something they know nothing about. They are called fools.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes America. Are you employed? Enough said.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
As fast as you can pull the trigger, i.e., 80-100 rounds a minute.
It was banned as was the 100 round magazines.
Thank God for the NRA fighting for the rights of gnutters to have 100 round semi's!
I would like to see you get 80 to 100 rounds a miniuite out of an AR-15.

Have you shot an AR-15 ?
Osama Obama

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> I love an idiot who preaches about something they know nothing about. They are called fools.
Correction sir, Democratic fools,Liberals,leftist,Obamabo ts,and alot Topix will not allow.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

I did some research on the drum for the AR-15.

The reason I couldn't find any being sold by any reputable dealers is they are junk as being notoriously prone to jamming.

So I would assume the escapes desribes during reloads were of reloads of the pistol he had.

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It fires a .223 not a .22- thanks for showing us all that you don't know what you are talking about.
I would like you to explain the families of the dead and injured how the 223 is almost a BB.
The bullet is a .22 round.

The Ammo is a .30 caliber cartridge necked down to a .22 round and this why it is call 223.

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> It's called a Beta drum and reliability is iffy at best. They tend to cause more jamming in an already jam prone gun to start with. The drum sticks out to the side of the gun instead of below causing the operator to have to reach around the drum to reach the forearm resulting in lack of control of the gun. The added weight of the drum and 100 rounds of ammo also makes the gun off balance and hard to aim. Most people who have tried them trash them very soon after buying them. They look cool but you might as well tie a brick to the gun.
That is exacly why I do not have one.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Osama Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Correction sir, Democratic fools,Liberals,leftist,Obamabo ts,and alot Topix will not allow.
My bad.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Tray wrote:
They look cool but you might as well tie a brick to the gun.
If he had been using a brick, one person might have a headache, and he would have the brick shoved up his ass.

Twelve people are dead, sixty others are injured, most of them shot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>The bullet is a .22 round.
.223 Reminton

12 dead. Sixty njured.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>I would like to see you get 80 to 100 rounds a miniuite out of an AR-15.
Have you shot an AR-15 ?
I've shot a M-16, a 45, and a Thompson. 3030, 30-06, 10 & 12 gauges, 22's, and a couple others.

Are you done diverting?

I have also handled nuclear weapons... they are of larger caliper...

Twelve dead, sixty injured.

You can pretend that the AR-15 doesn't kill people, but I'll point to the Colorado shooting and the 100,000 or so who died from the .223 caliber and say you opinion doesn't really count.

Love to see you make that speech in Aurora.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
.223 Reminton
12 dead. Sixty njured.
.22 caliber. Varmint round. Designed for varmints and small game. It jammed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

xnutmegger wrote:
I did some research on the drum for the AR-15.
The reason I couldn't find any being sold by any reputable dealers is they are junk
That's funny.

You told us a little while ago that there was no such thing.

Now you say (after I proved the cops have at least one 100 round magazine the killer used) they exist but you just can't find any.

Thanks for establishing that you are a liar.
Dane T

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Now that the penalty for bullying, jnfuring, or murderering Whites is Less because of Hate Crime Laws which favor minorities....we MUST stay armed to protect our families.

We elected Leftisits who hate most of us and must prepare in case Obama is re-elected and the Obama takes absolute control of SCOTUS.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny.
Now you say (after I proved the cops have at least one 100 round magazine the killer used) they exist but you just can't find any.
Get off your soap box your just making a fool of yourself.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've shot a M-16, a 45, and a Thompson. 3030, 30-06, 10 & 12 gauges, 22's, and a couple others.
Are you done diverting?
You can pretend that the AR-15 doesn't kill people, but I'll point to the Colorado shooting and the 100,000 or so who died from the .223 caliber and say you opinion doesn't really count.
Please name the gun name of the 10 gauge. Tell us the megaton size of the nuke and was it ground based or sea or air deployed. How many rounds did your M16 fire per pull of the trigger and which model was it? Was the Thompson stick, drum, or both? These are trick questions but I'm sure you know the answers.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no machine gun or fully-automatic gun involved in this tragedy. Where did you come up with that piece of propaganda and what is an AR-50 ?
This idiot also booby-trapped his apartment without the use of any firearms including your imaginary AR-50.
Once the guns are out there , as they have been for decades ,the only threat an idiot like this would repect or fear would be another armed person.
I agree with your post.

However, there is an AR 50. It is a single shot bolt action .50 Cal made by Armlite. It's quite heavy though I don't know its exact weight.
At any rate, it is not like anything this shooter used.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you done diverting?
Times up. I thought as much.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think most people will remember he was using an assault rifle with a 100 round magazine, and two hand guns with high round magazines, and that every SINGLE PERSON who died, and EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO WAS WOUNDED was wounded by bullets, not by bombs.
No matter how ridiculous your attempts to move this onto Obama and Democrats.
Yes, He killed 12 and injured 58 with only 3 firearms (which was a gun free zone, BTW). But remember that a few muslim nuts killed 3,000 Americans with a couple of box cutters in an instant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny.
Such magazines (drums) are junk. They are infamous for jamming, which was what happened at the theater. The 30 round magazine is the largest dependable, and even then only in the Colt AR-15. Other similar rifles do best with the 14 capacity.(This is due to the variances of spring tension and the weight)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of5,108
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••