Accidental Fatal Shooting of Gun Instructor by Girl Sparks New Debate

Aug 27, 2014 Full story: Wall Street Journal 59

The death of a shooting instructor at an Arizona gun range when a 9-year-old girl lost control of a powerful automatic weapon has raised the issue of age limits at such operations.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Monty Anaconda

Schertz, TX

#1 Aug 27, 2014
There should be child abuse charges filed against Jay-Z and Beyonce. Acting like fools in front of their pre-teen child. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett too!

But a 9 year old with an Uzi is wicked cool!
I wonder why

Shippensburg, PA

#3 Aug 28, 2014
Monty Anaconda wrote:
There should be child abuse charges filed against Jay-Z and Beyonce. Acting like fools in front of their pre-teen child. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett too!
But a 9 year old with an Uzi is wicked cool!
Interesting that you can only name black celebrities who you disapprove of.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Aug 28, 2014
I wonder why wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you name a few honkies and even it up? keepin it real, nomesayin?
Too funny

Shippensburg, PA

#5 Aug 28, 2014
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you name a few honkies and even it up? keepin it real, nomesayin?
Honkies? LMAO!
boo ya

Virginia Beach, VA

#6 Aug 28, 2014
Unbelievable that someone thought it a good idea to allow a child to handle an automatic Uzi, an 8 year old killed themselves in a similar fashion a few years ago.....
Justin

United States

#7 Aug 28, 2014
Pulling the trigger on a fully automatic pistol is like pulling the throttle on a motorcycle; we can't expect a nine year old kid to maintain control of something like that. Both the range "instructor" and the parent holding the video camera are idiots. I hope this poor girl sees it that way too and doesn't blame herself for what happened.
Still this is freak accident. A kid is 1,000 times more likely to be killed by a drunk driver or from a stray bullet fired by an inner city thug.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#8 Aug 28, 2014
Well, it's official ... guns do kill people eh!?
cancersuxs

Owatonna, MN

#9 Aug 28, 2014
He got what he had coming. NO CHILD SHOULD USE A GUN, NEED TO BE 16 TO DRIVE A CAR SAME SHOULD BE FOR GUNS.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#11 Aug 28, 2014
cancersuxs wrote:
He got what he had coming. NO CHILD SHOULD USE A GUN, NEED TO BE 16 TO DRIVE A CAR SAME SHOULD BE FOR GUNS.
Agreed.

Notice how silent the NRA is on this issue?

No one can give any logical excuse why a child should ever handle an automatic weapon. This is a blatant example of gun nuts excessive use of their 2nd amendment rights. Now this poor girls life is ruined. Poor child.
fatbacks x

Portland, OR

#12 Aug 28, 2014
Instructor didn't know his a-- from a hole in the gound!!!! X military that never been around a full auto weapon.
juz wondering

Oakland, CA

#13 Aug 28, 2014
Only in America ... what in the name of Jesus is wrong with us? Automatic weapons are toys a man is dead for no reason other than our gun obsession, and a 9-year-old is scarred for life.
Monty Anaconda

Schertz, TX

#14 Aug 28, 2014
I wonder why wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a racist :)!!
Cat74

Wilmington, IL

#15 Aug 28, 2014
My father is a gun collector. We grew up around guns. Never. Never would we be allowed to handle an Uzi, or an automatic weapon of any kind at 9 years old. What kind of idiot would let a 9 year old handle a gun? What kind of idiot hands a loaded gun to anyone much less a 9 year old? That child must live with the horror of what she accidentally did for the rest of her life. Her parents should be jailed for allowing this to happen.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#16 Aug 28, 2014
spocko wrote:
Well, it's official ... guns do kill people eh!?
As the totalitarian state expands with the help of the people you vote in and that you keep denying, we will see it even more clearly.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#17 Aug 28, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
My father is a gun collector. We grew up around guns. Never. Never would we be allowed to handle an Uzi, or an automatic weapon of any kind at 9 years old. What kind of idiot would let a 9 year old handle a gun? What kind of idiot hands a loaded gun to anyone much less a 9 year old? That child must live with the horror of what she accidentally did for the rest of her life. Her parents should be jailed for allowing this to happen.
Wow - I agree with you 100% Cat.

That place needs to ne shut down for allowing 8 year olds and up to shoot weapon there as well.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#18 Aug 28, 2014
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> As the totalitarian state expands with the help of the people you vote in and that you keep denying, we will see it even more clearly.
Huh?

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#19 Aug 28, 2014

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#20 Aug 28, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Not the first time, won't be the last:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/10/27/boy-8...

We endanger our kids all the time.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#21 Aug 28, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow - I agree with you 100% Cat.
That place needs to ne shut down for allowing 8 year olds and up to shoot weapon there as well.
One minute video of 3 year old:

&fe ature=PlayList&p=56B9CF5BB 0BCC0A9&playnext=1&pla ynext_from=PL&index=22
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

#22 Aug 28, 2014
Its become a little old and boring-obnoxious in fact-about these debates every time some body gets shot with a fire arm.The fact is that we have a second amendment which states "the right to bare arms shall not be infringed"-and thats that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Well Armed Woman Program - where the femini... 23 min Squach 90
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 44 min Squach 11,506
Ferguson, Clive Bundy, and the Second Amendment 54 min Here Is One 371
Suspected school shooter described as popular, ... 2 hr Tory II 2
SAF lawsuit challenges Illinois CCW statute Fri Tory II 1
3 year old shoots AR and survives Fri Kentucky-Mitch 15
Eric Frein manhunt turns up explosives Thu Explain yourself 13

Guns People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE