People do not need assault weapons: d...

People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

There are 4995 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 17, 2013, titled People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary. In it, Reuters reports that:

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#5080 Mar 30, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
George Washington's Prayer for the Nation:

ALMIGHTY God, we make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in thy holy protection, that Thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#5082 Mar 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
You want to pretend the SHIELD doesn't exist because there is a EXCEPTION to the SHIELD you stupid fK8ng DOLT?
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Proved you an ignorant liar again.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#5084 Mar 30, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong moron, I sure CAN say whatever I please. I also have to be prepared to face the consequences. Which is EXACTLY the same intent applied to the 2nd amendment. Just because the treasonous politicians make and perverse courts uphold UNCONSTITUTIONAL laws. Does NOT validate their usurpation's. We The People are NOT obligated to obey ANY unconstitutional edict. And last time I checked, the Usurp-Preme Kourt upheld THAT as well.
And who determines that "Constitutionality?"
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#5085 Mar 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading is not your forte, Shug.
Misquoting is.
Stick to what you know: misquoting, putting up outright lies, and deception.
I've already given you the Bush bill, I am not going to make you read it.
Liar!

“…but shall not include—

(v)an action for death, physical injuries or property damage resulting directly from a defect in design or manufacture of the product, when used as intended or in a reasonably foreseeable manner,…”

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/cha ...

Seems to me that you just proved yourself a liar...again...and the one whose "reading isn't your forte."

You're still an ignorant, lying, POS, "frustrated control freak".

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#5086 Mar 30, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Know more about the Constitution then you EVER will, infant.]
You don't, Davy, starting with *your* version of the second amendment.

And you thinking a state justice was a Supreme Court justice.

I guess you don't have a mind for the details...

Location hidden

#5087 Mar 30, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right. How about some REALITY?.
You going to go find some, Davy?
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#5088 Mar 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: you should talk with someone- a professional- for having these kinds of thoughts.
You should really take your own advice.

Location hidden

#5089 Mar 30, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Proved you an ignorant liar again.
Not even close, Mooch.

Location hidden

#5090 Mar 30, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even know how to comprehend the written English language?
You are speaking above your station, Davy, and your stilted language proves it.

Sad that is not so much you don't know what you are talking about, but you don't even know enough to not know that you don't know what you are talking about.
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#5091 Mar 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't, Davy, starting with *your* version of the second amendment.
And you thinking a state justice was a Supreme Court justice.
I guess you don't have a mind for the details...
"I guess you don't have a mind for the details..."

We all know you don't...you just lie.
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#5092 Mar 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close, Mooch.
I know...nailed right on the head...ROTFLMAO.

Location hidden

#5093 Mar 30, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
Know more about the Constitution then you EVER will, infant.

"That no man should scruple, or hesitate a moment to use arms in defense of so valuable a blessing [as liberty],
Nothing to do whatsoever with the constitution or the second amendment... I guess you were trying to stretch it.

George Washington would easily recognize you for the fool you are instead of the expert you purport to be, Shug.

Location hidden

#5094 Mar 30, 2013
DavidQ762 wrote:
Alexander Hamilton, Federalist #28.
Alex Hamilton was in favor of a monarchy rather than the Republic we have now.

He is some ways was America's first tea bagger.
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#5095 Mar 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are speaking above your station, Davy, and your stilted language proves it.
Sad that is not so much you don't know what you are talking about, but you don't even know enough to not know that you don't know what you are talking about.
"Sad that is not so much you don't know what you are talking about, but you don't even know enough to not know that you don't know what you are talking about."

ROTFLMAO...this from the person that lies about a law...gets shown the law that proves them wrong...even has a link to the law...continues to lie and says..."I showed you the Bush Bill"...lol...you're a riot for entertainment...ignorant...a liar...a POS...a "frustrated control freak"...but good for a laugh.

Location hidden

#5096 Mar 30, 2013
Marauder wrote:
ROTFLMAO...this from the person that lies about a law.
I am not going to teach you how to read, Mooch.

Maybe if you had graduated from junior high, you could get a job and know how to read.

Location hidden

#5097 Mar 30, 2013
Marauder wrote:
I showed you the Bush Bill"..
WASHINGTON, Oct. 20 - The Republican-controlled Congress delivered a long-sought victory to the gun industry on Thursday when the House voted to shield firearms manufacturers and dealers from liability lawsuits. The bill now goes to President Bush, who has promised to sign it.

Wayne LaPierre of the N.R.A. called the bill "historic."

The gun liability bill has for years been the No. 1 legislative priority of the National Rifle Association, which has lobbied lawmakers intensely for it. Its final passage, by a vote of 283 to 144, with considerable Democratic support, reflected the changing politics of gun control, an issue many Democrats began shying away from after Al Gore, who promoted it, was defeated in the 2000 presidential race.

"It's a historic piece of legislation," said Wayne LaPierre, the association's chief executive, who said the bill was the most significant victory for the gun lobby since Congress rewrote the federal gun control law in 1986. "As of Oct. 20, the Second Amendment is probably in the best shape in this country that it's been in decades."

The bill, which is identical to one approved in July by the Senate, is aimed at ending a spate of lawsuits by individuals and municipalities, including New York City, seeking to hold gun manufacturers and dealers liable for negligence when their weapons are used in crimes.

While it bars such suits, the measure contains an exception allowing certain cases involving defective weapons or criminal behavior by a gun maker or dealer, such as knowingly selling a weapon to someone who has failed a criminal background check.

President Bush said in a statement that he looked forward to signing the bill, which he said would "further our efforts to stem frivolous lawsuits, which cause a logjam in America's courts, harm America's small businesses, and benefit a handful of lawyers at the expense of victims and consumers."
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#5098 Mar 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not going to teach you how to read, Mooch.
Maybe if you had graduated from junior high, you could get a job and know how to read.
From what I have seen you post as facts (wink, wink), I wouldn't want you trying to teach me anything...since you can't anyway.

Maybe someone will show you how to comprehend in your next grade.

Location hidden

#5099 Mar 30, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I have seen you post as facts (wink, wink),
Don't wink at me dear, what you and your boyfriend do is your cup of tea and lifestyle but it ain't mine.

Wipe you chin, mooch... you are a mess.
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#5100 Mar 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
WASHINGTON, Oct. 20 - The Republican-controlled Congress delivered a long-sought victory to the gun industry on Thursday when the House voted to shield firearms manufacturers and dealers from liability lawsuits. The bill now goes to President Bush, who has promised to sign it.
Wayne LaPierre of the N.R.A. called the bill "historic."
The gun liability bill has for years been the No. 1 legislative priority of the National Rifle Association, which has lobbied lawmakers intensely for it. Its final passage, by a vote of 283 to 144, with considerable Democratic support, reflected the changing politics of gun control, an issue many Democrats began shying away from after Al Gore, who promoted it, was defeated in the 2000 presidential race.
"It's a historic piece of legislation," said Wayne LaPierre, the association's chief executive, who said the bill was the most significant victory for the gun lobby since Congress rewrote the federal gun control law in 1986. "As of Oct. 20, the Second Amendment is probably in the best shape in this country that it's been in decades."
The bill, which is identical to one approved in July by the Senate, is aimed at ending a spate of lawsuits by individuals and municipalities, including New York City, seeking to hold gun manufacturers and dealers liable for negligence when their weapons are used in crimes.
While it bars such suits, the measure contains an exception allowing certain cases involving defective weapons or criminal behavior by a gun maker or dealer, such as knowingly selling a weapon to someone who has failed a criminal background check.
President Bush said in a statement that he looked forward to signing the bill, which he said would "further our efforts to stem frivolous lawsuits, which cause a logjam in America's courts, harm America's small businesses, and benefit a handful of lawyers at the expense of victims and consumers."
ROTFLMAO...once again...I showed you the LAW...and all you are going to show me is a news article on parts of the "BILL"...?

Wow...you're amazing...lol...but still an ignorant, lying, POS, "frustrated control freak".
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#5101 Mar 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't wink at me dear, what you and your boyfriend do is your cup of tea and lifestyle but it ain't mine.
Wipe you chin, mooch... you are a mess.
Don't flatter yourself deary...I would say GFY but it's obvious from the BS dribbling out your arse, you already did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'We can't be intimidated' 21 min goonsquad 110
News 'It's a matter of liberty. We should be ashamed... 7 hr Jagermann 3
News Obama Won't Be Pushing Second Amendment Rollbac... Mon Truth and Facts 107
Facing possible ban, more Americans are buying ... Sun Truth and Facts 7
News Joe The Plumber Stands By Shocking Holocaust Ch... (Jun '12) Aug 30 Swedenforever 7
News Why the U.S. is No. 1 -- in mass shootings Aug 28 Truth and Facts 7
News Wal-Mart to end sales of assault rifles in U.S.... Aug 27 Garofolo 3
More from around the web