People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

Jan 17, 2013 Full story: Reuters 4,995

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Full Story
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#4966 Mar 27, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>No worker ever decided to move the over 30,000 American factories that have closed to China. It was the millionaire and billionaire CEOs that made that call. Ever since Reagan came up with the Piss Down Economics the CEO average pay has gone from 23 times that of the worker to almost 400 times more today.
Of the over 21 million Corporations in the US only 6 million of them have any employees. Most are just setup as a tax haven. Of all the small businesses in the US only 11% of the owners make over $250K per year. It is the rich bankers, Wall St. hedge fund gamblers, and the top CEOs that destroyed America.
How much does the Evil CEO of, let's say, General Mills make? A million? A couple of million?

How much does Dirkowitz of the Dallas Mavericks make?

The Evil CEO is hired by the board of directors of the Evil Corporation to perform a very demanding function. You probably don't have a clue what a CEO does, but it's more than you think.

The pay for the CEO is determined by the board as well. They decide how much the guy is worth, i. e. how much money he will make the corporation. If he fails to make the corporation a lot of money, he gets fired.

Dirkowitz performs a specific function and is paid by the management of the Mavericks based upon how many games he can win for the team. If he fails to win, he gets fired.

Get the analogy, leftie? Why don't you have a problem with Dirkowitz's pay?

And as a stockholder, I want the Evil Corporation to make as much money as possible and increase my stock share's value. If it means moving production to China, so be it. If American workers can't compete, that's too freakin' bad. Welcome to the modern world. Get off your butts and stop whining.

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#4967 Mar 28, 2013
Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
News flash: when you lefties are done punishing the achievers in this country, you will still be an underachieving wimp. Only thing different is you won't have anybody to blame.
So answer the question: what criteria do you favor for deciding when a corporation is "evil"? Or should ALL corporations, even ones with three employees, be destroyed because they have "Inc." after their name?
No.
Try reading the original comment.
Your asking this question is just spin and totally ignores my comment you made the reply to. Guess it was so well-spun even its author didn't recognize it. Typical repugnantcan.
You might want to slow down a little and give your brain time to catch up with your fingers.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4968 Mar 28, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wipe that corner of your mouth
I know you never have a real chance when your boyfriend has his short hairs riding on your mustache, Mooch.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#4969 Mar 28, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you never have a real chance when your boyfriend has his short hairs riding on your mustache, Mooch.
The troll is dribbling BS again.

Location hidden

#4970 Mar 28, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
The troll is dribbling BS again.
Better BS than what is sticking to your cheeks, Mooch.
Justice

Oaxaca, Mexico

#4971 Mar 28, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Better BS than what is sticking to your cheeks, Mooch.
Why doesnt somebody shoot this sob? hahaha

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#4972 Mar 28, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
So once again, you lie...really...?...EDITED...
No, NOT really, you lying assclown. GFY.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#4974 Mar 28, 2013
The case against the NRA:
New police documents were released today from the ongoing investigation into the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, search records reveal shooter Adam Lanza had amassed a gigantic home arsenal. Among the items that were seized from the Lanza home:

1,600 rounds of ammunition, and numerous magazines, for various types of weapons.
An open gun safe, stocked with all sorts of ammo.
A sniper rifle and several hand guns.
Nine knifes, one bayonet, three samurai swords, and some kind of double-bladed spear
A rifle scope, binoculars and several holsters.
Various other items used by sports shooters and hunters, such as eye and ear protection, and paper targets and an NRA member ship certificate (the NRA denies it).
Video game consoles (including the first-person war game Call of Duty), multiple cell phones, and notes about local gun shops.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#4975 Mar 28, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
No, NOT really, you lying assclown. GFY.
Yes, really, YOU are a liar. I told you, you couldn't show me where I was lying about your rant. You're an ignorant, violent, lying, POS, "frustrated control freak".
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#4976 Mar 28, 2013
Spocko wrote:
The case against the NRA:
New police documents were released today from the ongoing investigation into the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, search records reveal shooter Adam Lanza had amassed a gigantic home arsenal. Among the items that were seized from the Lanza home:
1,600 rounds of ammunition, and numerous magazines, for various types of weapons.
An open gun safe, stocked with all sorts of ammo.
A sniper rifle and several hand guns.
Nine knifes, one bayonet, three samurai swords, and some kind of double-bladed spear
A rifle scope, binoculars and several holsters.
Various other items used by sports shooters and hunters, such as eye and ear protection, and paper targets and an NRA member ship certificate (the NRA denies it).
Video game consoles (including the first-person war game Call of Duty), multiple cell phones, and notes about local gun shops.
"The case against the NRA:"

There is NO "case" against the NRA. The NRA didn't commit this crime.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#4977 Mar 28, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text> Why doesnt somebody shoot this sob? hahaha
And waste good ammo on a POS troll...? Nah...better to slap the BS out of them when you can or just ignore their lying BS.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#4978 Mar 28, 2013
Dear Editor.

I know and appreciate Sen. Tim Johnson’s position on guns and the Second Amendment. I would ask him to ask the progressive liberals he is in contact with who are antigun and anti second amendment why is it the progressive liberals acquire guns, then kill [movie goers] and children in schools'? Why are no conservative NRA members involved in mass shootings?

Ft Hood Shooter: Reg­istered Democrat and Muslim.

Columbine Shooters: Too young to vote … both families were Registered Democrats and progressive liberals.

Virginia Tech shooter: Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff. Registered Democrat.

Colorado theater shooter: Registered Democrat, staff worker on the Obama campaign, occu­py wall street participant .. progressive liberal.

Connecticut school shooter: Registered Democrat. Hated Christians.

Common thread is that all of these shooters were progressive liberal Demo-rats.

Curious, isn't it? So I was thinking, maybe we should just make it illegal for Demo-rats to buy guns.

Problem solved. I think that is a fair solution. After all. it is for the children too.

Peter Burkett Custer

Location hidden

#4979 Mar 28, 2013
Marauder wrote:
There is NO "case" against the NRA. The NRA didn't commit this crime.
The killer was a member of the NRA and in good standing.

The NRA put the gun he used to turn those children into hamburger in his hands.

The NRA fought and continues to fight background checks that could have prevented this tragedy.

The NRA blames video games and pledges to do absolutely nothing to stop future massacres.

Location hidden

#4980 Mar 28, 2013
Overseer58 wrote:
Dear Editor.
I know and appreciate Sen. Tim Johnson’s position on guns
Sandy Hook killer = NRA member.

Location hidden

#4981 Mar 28, 2013
Overseer58 wrote:
Ft Hood Shooter: Reg­istered Democrat and Muslim.
Timothy McVeigh: Republican and Christian.

Location hidden

#4982 Mar 28, 2013
[QUOTE who="Overseer58"
Columbine Shooters: Too young to vote …
[/QUOTE]

Adam Lanza = future Republican and member of the NRA

Location hidden

#4983 Mar 28, 2013
Overseer58 wrote:
Virginia Tech shooter: Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff. Registered Democrat.
Ted Bundy: Republican.

Location hidden

#4984 Mar 28, 2013
Overseer58 wrote:
Prove it.

Start with the fact that he was a South Korean national.

Location hidden

#4985 Mar 28, 2013
Overseer58 wrote:
Common thread is that all of these shooters were progressive liberal Demo-rats.
Common thread is: you are a liar.

PS: George Bush... Republican.
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#4986 Mar 28, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The killer was a member of the NRA and in good standing.
Liar...try again.

Adam Lanza, mom had NRA certificates

“There is no record of a member relationship between Newtown killer Adam Lanza, nor between Nancy Lanza, A. Lanza or N. Lanza with the National Rifle Association,” the organization said in a statement.“Reporting to the contrary is reckless, false and defamatory.”

A review of the NRA website shows that the organization offers a variety of education and training programs, and also provides online templates for certificates. Organizations around the country also offer what they bill as NRA certificates upon completion of certain classes.

A spokeswoman for the NRA confirmed to POLITICO that it is possible to possess a certificate from the NRA without being a full-fledged member of the organization.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/adam-la...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 9 min Lip service 10,859
Opinion Line 4 hr kuda 60
Moms Demand Action Calls On Kroger Family Of St... 7 hr Squach 10
Fact or Fiction: Push-Feed Rifles Won't Cycle R... Tue Tory II 1
3 year old shoots AR and survives Sep 15 Tory II 4
30-06 (7.62X63) vs .308 (7.62X51) (Feb '11) Sep 15 Tory II 96
Chicago Liberals Outlaw the Firearm Industry Sep 15 Tory II 1
•••

Guns People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••