People do not need assault weapons: d...

People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

There are 4995 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 17, 2013, titled People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary. In it, Reuters reports that:

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#4819 Mar 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do if you sell firearms.
And clearly: you aren't the type to ask.
I don't care if you have ever sold or you sell every weekend- by the way, you could sell weapons every weekend of the year and still not be a "professional" (licensed) firearms dealer.
And you are saying that you are willing to sell to nonviolent felons?
You can see why Americans want to stop idiots like yourself.
And I have already told you MULTIPLE TIMES, I don't sell firearms to people I DON'T KNOW, except for the time I traded a gun to a DEALER. Do you have Alzheimer's or something? Your short term memory isn't worth a damn.

Southeast Virginia

#4820 Mar 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see... so now you not only don't want to stopped from selling firearms to felons, you want to be able to sell to felons who commit other than violent crime?
You are okay selling to druggies, eh?
Time to put down the crack pipe, idiot. You are starting to hallucinate and read things that are not there. that must be some good shit you are smoking.

Southeast Virginia

#4821 Mar 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are guns sold at gun shows, Buttercup?
{snipped for brevity}
Of course they are. Now tell me what "loophole" is being used to get around an existing law. You have yet to specify what that is.

And on that note, you have yet to specify where you got your "46%" figure from. You copy-paste from "cato" supports my claim....not yours. And please don't say the VPC or the Brady Bunch. Their stats have been smashed to bits LONG AGO.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4822 Mar 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
If they KNOWINGLY sell a gun to a felon.
So you are arguing that a person could be ignorant of a law but that that is okay?

Buttercup?

Or not show the slightest care whatsoever when you sell your gun to the first guy that shows up when you post your ad in the Nickle Ads?

Location hidden

#4823 Mar 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<And it is NOT as simple as walking to the other side of the room for a background check.
Actually, it is, and if you insisted that background checks be performed for all gun sales where you live, that is exactly how simple it would be, that there would be a BIG LONG COUNTER with (e.g.) law enforcement people to run the background check right there and then.

Still waiting for you to PROVE that cops check all guns at gun sales, Buttercup.

Where is that law?

Location hidden

#4824 Mar 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
A private seller first has to find a dealer that can run the check through the system for them.
Big counter, far side of the room.

Under the "BACKGROUND CHECKS HERE" sign.

I am sure you want to make them that available for every gun show that (because you pretend they don't sell guns at gun shows) person buy, sell, and trade firearms?

Location hidden

#4825 Mar 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to put down the crack pipe, idiot. You are starting to hallucinate and read things that are not there. that must be some good shit you are smoking.
You're the one who wants to sell firearms to everyone and anyone who doesn't come up to you and announce he/she is a felon.

You haven't shared with the forum how it is you know someone is a felon or not.

You also don't seem to have a problem selling to nonviolent felons.

Like crack dealers.

Location hidden

#4826 Mar 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they are. Now tell me what "loophole"
Look it up.

I don't have time for trolls, Buttercup, especially when we both know exactly what loop hole is.

In other words: you are a m/f c/s liar.

I want you to know I would happy to share that.

Location hidden

#4827 Mar 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have already told you MULTIPLE TIMES, I don't sell firearms to people I DON'T KNOW,
And I have told you more than once that I am addressing gun sales and don't care if you own or sale or buy or give away so much as a pea shooter.

You are willing to sell guns to felons- that is what you have told us.

You insist you wouldn't sell to felons if they showed up with a "I'm a felon" badge or told you flat out before they bought from you but you do insist that background checks aren't necessary.

Still waiting for that law that requires that cops be at gun shows and check ownership of guns being sold.

Why is it so hard for you to find?

Does it exist?

Location hidden

#4828 Mar 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
You copy-paste from "cato" supports my claim....not yours..
You're a m/f c/s liar, Buttercup.

The CATO quote said it was 2 percent, you said it was less than one percent.

And of course you said it came from the DoJ, but you still haven't found the source.

M/F C/S liar, Buttercup.

Do you kiss your boyfriend with that mouth?

Location hidden

#4829 Mar 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a law, you dotard, nor does it have to be.
Ahh, so there is no law where you live that requires that people who put on gun shows have police check firearms to see if they are stolen.

That's what I said.

And you say that there doesn't need to be a law, so that would mean that you don't care if vendors sell stolen firearms or firearms otherwise of interest to law enforcement.

In many (if not most) places in the USA, "pawn shops" are tightly regulated and they do (as required) check to see if an item is stolen.

PS: You should share with us this "rule" your gun show provider has in place because -as an established m/f c/s liar- I rather doubt that this vendor does as you say he does.

I bet (for example) there is no requirement of proof of ownership.

Location hidden

#4830 Mar 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a law, you dotard, nor does it have to be. It is a requirement set by Southeastern Guns and Knives at all there venues.
++

Gun Show Rules

1. Persons renting space at the gun show who are in the business of buying, selling or trading firearms must be federally licensed to sell firearms.

2. All federal, state, and local laws must be adhered to.

3. All firearms in the show, regardless of source, must be tied with a locking nylon wire strap which renders the weapon inoperable. Any tie that is temporarily removed must be replaced. The only exceptions to this rule are the security force provided by the promoter and active duty law enforcement.

4. No loaded weapons are permitted at the show. This rule applies both to dealers and the public with concealed weapon permits. The only exceptions to this rule are the security force provided by the promoter and active duty law enforcement.

The following items are prohibited from sale or display:
- racially or ethnically offensive material
- printed material advocating violence
- printed material for conversion to full automatic
- parts used for conversion to full automatic
- parts used to self-manufacture silencers

5. No alcohol is allowed in the show.

6. All tables must be manned during show hours.

Violation of these rules may result in expulsion from the show and all future SGK shows. Southeastern Guns & Knives, Ltd. reserves the right to deny table space or admission to the show to any person.

+

Point to it, Buttercup.

PS: I notice they don't prohibit private sellers.

Southeast Virginia

#4831 Mar 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are arguing that a person could be ignorant of a law but that that is okay?
Buttercup?
Or not show the slightest care whatsoever when you sell your gun to the first guy that shows up when you post your ad in the Nickle Ads?
Not ignorance of the law, you moron. Ignorance of the background of the person buying the firearm. Still reading shit that just isn't there, huh?

Southeast Virginia

#4832 Mar 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a m/f c/s liar, Buttercup.
The CATO quote said it was 2 percent, you said it was less than one percent.
And of course you said it came from the DoJ, but you still haven't found the source.
M/F C/S liar, Buttercup.
Do you kiss your boyfriend with that mouth?
And two percent is a hell of a lot closer to 0.7% than to 46% isn't it, ball-peen?? And the source was posted here several years ago, and no, I am not going to waste my time doing your homework for you.

Can you really be this f-ing stupid?

Location hidden

#4833 Mar 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Not ignorance of the law, you moron. Ignorance of the background of the person buying the firearm.
You don't have a problem selling firearms to felons as long as they don't tell you they are a felon?

Location hidden

#4834 Mar 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And two percent is a hell of a lot closer to 0.7% t
You told us .7 percent. I called you a liar. I proved it was over 3 times higher.

You lied.

You also insisted it came from the DoJ.

Where is the proof?

I gave you MY source.

And whimper and you cry and you whine.
What a *.

Location hidden

#4835 Mar 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And two percent is a hell of a lot closer to 0.7% than to 46%
You are mixing up the numbers, Jizzumcheeks.

I do understand- when it comes to it, your only defense is to lie your frigging azz off.

Location hidden

#4836 Mar 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
And the source was posted here several years ago...
Oh really?

Did you know that 89 percent of the people who attend gun shows are felons?
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#4837 Mar 24, 2013
Gun deaths are entirely shaped by race
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/feature/wp/2...

Southeast Virginia

#4838 Mar 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You told us .7 percent. I called you a liar. I proved it was over 3 times higher.
You lied.
You also insisted it came from the DoJ.
Where is the proof?
I gave you MY source.
And whimper and you cry and you whine.
What a *.
Two different studies, moron!
And yeah, you did provide the source (albeit without a link, and what do you know...so did I), AND YOUR SOURCE SUPPORTED ME. Your 46% was only 23 TIMES HIGHER!

ROFLMAO!!!!!! Damn......that's the best laugh I have had in a couple weeks, truly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The news media love America. The government, no... 5 hr Erl 63
LAX Ammo Photo Contest/Giveaway! Thu KTSullivan 2
Taurus Gaucho Revolver (May '06) Sep 16 Senb12 29
News Lawyer: 'Pharma Bro' joking about bounty for Cl... Sep 13 Jeff Brightone 2
News Ryan Blocking Concealed Carry Reciprocity, Cong... Sep 11 FormerParatrooper 1
News D.C. Requests Hearing on Protection of Second A... Sep 10 Lou Posey 3
News SCOTUS Asked to Review Ninth Circuit Decision o... Sep 9 FormerParatrooper 2
More from around the web