People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

Jan 17, 2013 Full story: Reuters 4,995

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4647 Mar 21, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
Violent crime of all kinds has decreased by more than 50% nationally since 1992/
Putting aside creative bookkeeping and the : crime has been on a downward trend because more people are being put in jail and kept in prison longer.

Do try to keep up.

....StrategyJan16PM - Department of Justice

www.justice.gov/archive/opd/Strategy.htm
Nationally, homicide rates have declined to levels last seen in the 1960s. Since 1992, the Nation's violent crime rate has dropped by more than 20 percent; ... Figure Five: Decrease in Firearms Homicides in Minneapolis, Minnesota: 1996-1999 .... All types of crime in which the perpetrator carries a gun must be met with swift,...

Location hidden

#4648 Mar 21, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>You can't understand them.
I'm not the one who is confused or who cannot back up with links to figures that match, honey.

Location hidden

#4649 Mar 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And THAT is your biggest problem. You fail to see that you will NEVER stop all gun deaths.
You problems is you don't want to do sh!t to stop any gun deaths.

And you aren't afraid to lie your azz off in demanding special rights.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#4650 Mar 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who is confused or who cannot back up with links to figures that match, honey.
No point in being polite.

You are an idiot.

Location hidden

#4651 Mar 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
MOST aren't used from any crime whatsoever. 90+ million firearm owners killed no one yesterday.
I am more concerned with the 87 that did.

Location hidden

#4652 Mar 21, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
You are an idiot.
You like looking at pictures of little boys.

PS: happy to prove that you were wrong, BTW.
Stoneman

Boise, ID

#4655 Mar 21, 2013
Doomed wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't.
The majority of your BS number is suicides.
Others are justifiable homicides by Police in the course of their assigned duties. Are you honestly suggesting to disarm the Police?
Still others were justifiable homicides in self defense by people with the salt to defend them selves instead of curling into a fetal position.
The only number that counts here is the number of murders by guns.
Tried and true liberal tactic: throw something out that really has nothing to do with the point but kinda sorta SEEMS like it does.

You nailed it, I said MURDERS. Pinhead liberal responds with "gun deaths". That's all you need to distract the low information citizen (a. k. a. liberals).
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#4656 Mar 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
32,000 die average year and it's going up.
Gnutters insist more guns will help.
Yet according to your own words you couldn't care if a billion unborn babies were aborted since 1974. You are a fraud.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#4657 Mar 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet according to your own words you couldn't care if a billion unborn babies were aborted since 1974. You are, and always will be, a fraud..
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#4658 Mar 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>

This from a pro-abortion extremist. Abortion kills more unborn children in two weeks in the US then firearms do in a year.
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

#4659 Mar 21, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
This from a pro-abortion extremist. Abortion kills more unborn children in two weeks in the US then firearms do in a year.
Do NOT be expecting reason from the entirely unreasonable.
They would 'abort themselves,' if they could.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4660 Mar 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Special Rights????? What would those be? You mean honoring the 2nd Amendment HOW IT IS WRITTEN is special rights??? Please point out the part that calls for "universal background checks" or limits on what type of firearm I can own, or limits on magazine capacity. The only people wanting "special rights" are you f-ing libtards who keep reading shit into the Amendment that IS NOT THERE.
Hmmmmmm.... then you must be for a well regulated militia too!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4661 Mar 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Bad people exist. Looks like the mother FAILED to protect herself and her kids.
Hmmmm.... then based on your idea of "interpreting" the Constitution, bad people can have weapons too!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4662 Mar 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, FBI statistics show that it is going down.....for over ten years now. Not that we would expect you to have any intellectual honesty or anything.
{rolls eyes}
How does that compare to the UK?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#4663 Mar 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am more concerned with the 87 that did.
And ignorant, pathetic POS's like your self think that disarming the general public or limiting access to certain forearms will do something to curb the actions of those 87. It never has and never will.

And you never did specify what those "special rights" were. Why is that, ball-peen???

Southeast Virginia

#4664 Mar 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmmmm.... then you must be for a well regulated militia too!
Not a qualifier in order for "the poeple" to exercise a right. And "well-regulated" does NOT mean "controlled by legislation". At the time of the FF, it meant well-run or well-trained.

Try again.

Southeast Virginia

#4665 Mar 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmm.... then based on your idea of "interpreting" the Constitution, bad people can have weapons too!
Until their rights have been due processed away (per the BOR), unfortunately, yes they can. That's why it is our right to stay armed, also. To protect ourselves from those assholes.

If you wish to live in a free country, you have to take the good with the bad, and do your damnedest to remove the bad from society through due process. That's why laws should only be in place to punish bad behavior (speeding, robbery, burglary, murder, etc. etc.). Not to punish or restrict the right of the law-abiding who have done nothing wrong (gun control laws, magazine capacity limits, soft drink size limits, carry permits, etc. etc.)

Southeast Virginia

#4666 Mar 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>How does that compare to the UK?
How about the fact that the UK's violent crime rate has gone up FOURFOLD since their handgun ban wenrt into effect.

Southeast Virginia

#4667 Mar 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
AH! You mean like doing background checks on ALL gun sales...?
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! the NRA doesn't approve! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
We want special rights!
Why should I have to have a background cheeck done if I wish to give a firearm to my son or brother, or sell one to my neighbor whom I have known over 15 years? "Universal background checks" is nothing more than a distracting term for "full firearm registration". And as history has proven, registration will only lead to one final outcome.....confiscation. It has never been used to solve or prevent ANY crime. Do you honestly think that all criminals are going to rush down to register their firearms? Are you truly that ignorant and naive???

Canada dropped it's long gun registration because it never did anything and cost ove 100 times more than inticipated.

Southeast Virginia

#4668 Mar 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting aside creative bookkeeping and the : crime has been on a downward trend because more people are being put in jail and kept in prison longer.
Do try to keep up.
....StrategyJan16PM - Department of Justice
www.justice.gov/archive/opd/Strategy.htm
Nationally, homicide rates have declined to levels last seen in the 1960s. Since 1992, the Nation's violent crime rate has dropped by more than 20 percent; ... Figure Five: Decrease in Firearms Homicides in Minneapolis, Minnesota: 1996-1999 .... All types of crime in which the perpetrator carries a gun must be met with swift,...
Thank you for proving yourself wrong. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 7 hr Tryptophan Madness 11,902
Eric Frein manhunt turns up explosives Tue FormerParatrooper 28
Moms Demand Action Calls On Kroger Family Of St... Tue Frank 49
Locked And Loaded: Thank God These 'Good Guys' ... Tue Squach 96
FOX&#x27;s Resident Windbag Claims Prez&#x... Nov 24 caesar 2
Elk restoration plan is moving forward with the... Nov 23 dried 4
Comfortably Numb: The Navy Yard shooting rampag... (Sep '13) Nov 23 Enough already 3

Guns People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE