People do not need assault weapons: d...

People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

There are 4995 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 17, 2013, titled People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary. In it, Reuters reports that:

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4625 Mar 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
More libtard practice of "never let a crisis go to waste when you can use it to further your agenda".
Pathetic.
Oh, and asshat? My agenda is "let's not have any more gun deaths." And you're goddamn right I'll use any crisis I can to further that agenda.

I feel a lot better about that, too, than I would with your agenda - the agenda of DEATH.

How's that working for you, asshat?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#4626 Mar 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and asshat? My agenda is "let's not have any more gun deaths." And you're goddamn right I'll use any crisis I can to further that agenda.
I feel a lot better about that, too, than I would with your agenda - the agenda of DEATH.
And THAT is your biggest problem. You fail to see that you will NEVER stop all gun deaths. It is a mathematical impossibility. And the methos you choose to implement your attempt at doing so, has been PROVEN to do the exact opposite of what you are trying to accomplish. This is not opinion or speculation "professor", this is a FACT. Disarming people for their own safety does NOT make them safer. It leaves them defenseless to those who will not abide by any law. Even if you takle away all the guns, the bad guys will use machetes. Take away machetes, they will use knives, rocks, pipes, whatever they can find in order to victimize the innocent. But I guess you feel that is OPK becasue they won't be using a gun to do it, right?

Why do you think all these mass shootings occur in "gun-free" slaughter zones?

You are fucking clueless.

Southeast Virginia

#4627 Mar 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
warmed-over talking points again and again....
Yep...that also have been proven by history and facts. You've got nothing.

Sucks to be you.

Southeast Virginia

#4628 Mar 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ignore the dead schoolkids, they'll go away. We'll make more.
Here's a suggestion. How about we protect the kids with something else besides a f-ing sign?

Southeast Virginia

#4629 Mar 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
How about death to all of those who would do harm to the innocent?

Oh....I get it. Your one of those stuck-on-stupid kind of "professors" that thinks if everyone was to just lay down their guns, everyone in the world would suddenly all join hands and start singing Kumbaya, right?

Wake the f**k up!

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#4630 Mar 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you propose to do about murder by arson ?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#4631 Mar 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
More libtard practice of "never let a crisis go to waste when you can use it to further your agenda".
Pathetic.
That's what bushie did to get re elected.
Doomed

New Madrid, MO

#4632 Mar 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
A gun suicide is a firearms death too, genius. Those and domestic homicides are how a lot of your precious firearms are used.
Most aren't used in "justifiable homicides in self-defense." Like it or not.
My "precious" firearms have not been used in any homicide, genius.

Southeast Virginia

#4633 Mar 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That's what bushie did to get re elected.
And Obama, numbnuts.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4634 Mar 21, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
Inflation .
I blame Obama ,Congress and the Fed.
I blame the gun gnutters screaming for special rights.

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Alabama -- A mother and a child were found dead inside their Jefferson County apartment this morning and a second child was airlifted to Children's of Alabama hospital with critical injuries.

Jefferson County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Randy Christian said all three victims had been shot. He said preliminary information indicated the deaths might be related to a man found dead on a Fairfield roadside early this morning.

Family and friends at the scene of The Park at Rocky Ridge apartment complex in Jefferson County identified the woman as Tiffany Bozeman, 30, and the girl as Gabrielle Menefee. They identified the 5-year-old boy airlifted to the hospital as Davieon Menefee.

The family members said the man found dead in the car in Fairfield was Brandon Menefee, 30, Bozeman's boyfriend and the father of her children.

Location hidden

#4635 Mar 21, 2013
What would you propose to do about murder by arson ?
32,000 die average year and it's going up.

Gnutters insist more guns will help.

Location hidden

#4636 Mar 21, 2013
Doomed wrote:
My "precious" firearms have not been used in any homicide, genius.
So you say, as far as you know, and only not yet.

Location hidden

#4637 Mar 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a suggestion. How about we protect the kids with something else besides a f-ing sign?
AH! You mean like doing background checks on ALL gun sales...?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! the NRA doesn't approve! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

We want special rights!

Don't Tread On Me

#4638 Mar 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
JEFFERSON COUNTY, Alabama -- A mother and a child were found dead inside their Jefferson County apartment this morning and a second child was airlifted to Children's of Alabama hospital with critical injuries.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Randy Christian said all three victims had been shot. He said preliminary information indicated the deaths might be related to a man found dead on a Fairfield roadside early this morning.
Family and friends at the scene of The Park at Rocky Ridge apartment complex in Jefferson County identified the woman as Tiffany Bozeman, 30, and the girl as Gabrielle Menefee. They identified the 5-year-old boy airlifted to the hospital as Davieon Menefee.
The family members said the man found dead in the car in Fairfield was Brandon Menefee, 30, Bozeman's boyfriend and the father of her children.
What is your point?

Southeast Virginia

#4639 Mar 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
AH! You mean like doing background checks on ALL gun sales...?
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! the NRA doesn't approve! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
We want special rights!
Special Rights????? What would those be? You mean honoring the 2nd Amendment HOW IT IS WRITTEN is special rights??? Please point out the part that calls for "universal background checks" or limits on what type of firearm I can own, or limits on magazine capacity. The only people wanting "special rights" are you f-ing libtards who keep reading shit into the Amendment that IS NOT THERE.

Southeast Virginia

#4640 Mar 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Bad people exist. Looks like the mother FAILED to protect herself and her kids.

Southeast Virginia

#4642 Mar 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
32,000 die average year and it's going up.
Gnutters insist more guns will help.
Actually, FBI statistics show that it is going down.....for over ten years now. Not that we would expect you to have any intellectual honesty or anything.
{rolls eyes}

Location hidden

#4643 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>What is your point?
You can't find your own points, dear.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#4644 Mar 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, FBI statistics show that it is going down.....for over ten years now. Not that we would expect you to have any intellectual honesty or anything.
{rolls eyes}
Violent crime of all kinds has decreased by more than 50% nationally since 1992 and this is in spite of more guns and more residents in the country. This fact is easily found out by perusing the data at US Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics.

http://www.bjs.gov/

Don't Tread On Me

#4646 Mar 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't find your own points, dear.
You can't understand them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama to seek healing in Orlando even as politi... 4 hr OK Barry 54
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 4 hr WasteWater 981
Freestanding B-e-l-f-a-s-t Sink Unit Thu boyocuy 1
News The Latest: House GOP says electronic devices s... Thu payme 2
News Bristol Palin is engaged (May '15) Jun 22 Uncle Bens AWOLdaddy 68
News Mom breaks down after seeing 3-year-old do lock... Jun 21 FormerParatrooper 1
GD Designs Reviews Jun 21 senjuhasirama777 1
More from around the web