People do not need assault weapons: d...

People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

There are 4995 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 17, 2013, titled People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary. In it, Reuters reports that:

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3875 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! As opposed to no information person like you son? That still leaves me at least a step higher than you!
A step highter, voting for Obama, the disaster master. I don't think so pookie, but it doesn't hurt to dream.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3876 Mar 8, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
low information teadead update: Dow RECORD week rolls on.
Unemployment drops to 7.7%....230,000 jobs added.
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
CNSNews.com)- The number of Americans not in the labor force increased by 296,000 in February, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ latest jobs report.

According to the report, there were a total of 89.3 million people not in the labor force, up from 89 million in January.

BLS labels people who are unemployed and no longer looking for work as “not in the labor force,” including people who have retired on schedule, taken early retirement, or simply given up looking for work.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#3877 Mar 8, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT A SHOCK: lejimfraud spamming no effect on anything.

hahahahahahahahaha

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3878 Mar 8, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text> CNSNews.com )- The number of Americans not in the labor force increased by 296,000 in February, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ latest jobs report.
I guess you skipped over the news seeing the jobs that were added, Dumbo.

Funny how that is...

(quote)
Despite constant budget fights in Washington, the U.S. economy managed one of the best months for job gains in the past year in February, driving the unemployment rate to its lowest level in more than four years.

But the job market would be even better, and the unemployment rate even lower, had not the government spent most of the recovery cutting spending and jobs. And though Wall Street may cheer February's jobs report, the pain of government cutbacks looks to get worse as the year goes on.

U.S. employers added 236,000 jobs to non-farm payrolls in February, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported on Friday, up from 119,000 in January. That was the best payroll growth since 247,000 jobs last November and the second-best month for job growth of the past 12 months.

The unemployment rate dropped to 7.7 percent from 7.9 percent in January, with 12 million people looking for work. That is the lowest unemployment rate since December 2008, when the rate was 7.3 percent.

PS:

Here's the job report... I know you don't actually read anything outside of rightwing blogs:

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pd...
Wally1

East Wenatchee, WA

#3879 Mar 8, 2013
What is amazing is that most people have never read the Constitution, It doesn't restrict what the people can do, it was written and ratified, setting rules and regulations, dictating what Government can't do to the people. It's none of the government business if I own guns or what guns I own, as long as I am not a criminal. Keeping records and lists of legal owned firearms and thier owners is obviously a infringment of the second amendment. The real problem in America, and the rest of the world is that people are receiving their education not from books or history but from biased entertainment news sources or other media sources that are based on inuendo and politicaly based opinion, not facts. The first rule of journalism, "Don't let facts get in the way of a good story". Please take a few minutes a day to actually educate yourself. This said, I would never hire someone with a online only degree, the way I see this, they must have serious basic work place issues, like showing up on time and the ability to actually do the job! Just my opinion.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#3880 Mar 8, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>A step highter, voting for Obama, the disaster master. I don't think so pookie, but it doesn't hurt to dream.
lol! You haven't looked at the stock market lately have you son?

Too much reality for you to handle I take it?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#3881 Mar 8, 2013
Wally1 wrote:
What is amazing is that most people have never read the Constitution, It doesn't restrict what the people can do, it was written and ratified, setting rules and regulations, dictating what Government can't do to the people. It's none of the government business if I own guns or what guns I own, as long as I am not a criminal. Keeping records and lists of legal owned firearms and thier owners is obviously a infringment of the second amendment. The real problem in America, and the rest of the world is that people are receiving their education not from books or history but from biased entertainment news sources or other media sources that are based on inuendo and politicaly based opinion, not facts. The first rule of journalism, "Don't let facts get in the way of a good story". Please take a few minutes a day to actually educate yourself. This said, I would never hire someone with a online only degree, the way I see this, they must have serious basic work place issues, like showing up on time and the ability to actually do the job! Just my opinion.
You're another one of those who only know four words... "shall not be infringed" people aren't you?
Brad

Manchester, CT

#3882 Mar 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you skipped over the news seeing the jobs that were added, Dumbo.
Funny how that is...
(quote)
Despite constant budget fights in Washington, the U.S. economy managed one of the best months for job gains in the past year in February, driving the unemployment rate to its lowest level in more than four years.
But the job market would be even better, and the unemployment rate even lower, had not the government spent most of the recovery cutting spending and jobs. And though Wall Street may cheer February's jobs report, the pain of government cutbacks looks to get worse as the year goes on.
U.S. employers added 236,000 jobs to non-farm payrolls in February, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported on Friday, up from 119,000 in January. That was the best payroll growth since 247,000 jobs last November and the second-best month for job growth of the past 12 months.
The unemployment rate dropped to 7.7 percent from 7.9 percent in January, with 12 million people looking for work. That is the lowest unemployment rate since December 2008, when the rate was 7.3 percent.
PS:
Here's the job report... I know you don't actually read anything outside of rightwing blogs:
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pd...
8,000,000 fewer able bodied Americans in the work force over the last 4 years.
Oblamer finally pivoted to jobs,,,hip hip hooray!
Brad

Manchester, CT

#3883 Mar 8, 2013
My bad,,,,88,000,000.
conservative crapola

Kutztown, PA

#3884 Mar 8, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
8,000,000 fewer able bodied Americans in the work force over the last 4 years.
Oblamer finally pivoted to jobs,,,hip hip hooray!
So you don't want him to reduce government jobs? Gotcha.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Location hidden

#3885 Mar 8, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
8,000,000 fewer able bodied
Made up numbers mean nothing, Spooge.

Location hidden

#3886 Mar 8, 2013
au contraire wrote:
BLS labels people who are unemployed and no longer looking for work as “not in the labor force,”
BLS hasn't changed how it counts the unemployed, Dumbo.

If you are looking for work, you are unemployed.

Wipe your chin...

Location hidden

#3887 Mar 8, 2013
Wally1 wrote:
It's none of the government business if I own guns or what guns I own, as long as I am not a criminal.
It is and it is my business if you are going out in the world carry a gun.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3888 Mar 8, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. Obummer wants our guns because tyrants prefer disarmed subjects (ain't gonna happen).
And you can try to break in if you so desire. Just make sure you are wearing your cast iron skivvies. Because after you are shot and killed, my half wolf-husky mix is going to rip your balls off, if she doesn't do it BEFORE you are dead. Then I will call 9-1-1 to have them come clean up the mess. Pass the word on to your homies. Good luck.
The 2nd amendment clearly staes "A well regilated malitia" - you do know what regulated means, right?

You think the founding fathers ever thought about 350 million people / much less semi and automatic weapons?

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3889 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You're another one of those who only know four words... "shall not be infringed" people aren't you?
They always leave out "A well regulated malitia";

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Read more: http://www.revolutionary-war-and-beyond.com/2...

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3890 Mar 8, 2013
Wally1 wrote:
Here's facts Wallyworld - don't get confused - the government has an ABSOLUTE right to regulate weapons - read the 2nd amendment again;

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Read more: http://www.revolutionary-war-and-beyond.com/2...

You do understand what a well regulated malitia means, right?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#3891 Mar 8, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
The 2nd amendment clearly staes "A well regilated malitia" - you do know what regulated means, right?
You think the founding fathers ever thought about 350 million people / much less semi and automatic weapons?
Regulated at the time of the founders did NOT mean "controlled through legislation". It meant well-trained or properly run. And it has been duscussed on these forums ad nauseum how the Supreme Court has ruled TWICE that the right to keep and bear arms is an INDIVIDUAL right not linked to any militia service.

The founders DID think about advancements in weaponry. That is the reason they used the term "arms" instead of "muskets". Their wish was for every man to have access to the same weaponry the everyday foot soldier carried just in case they would have to go up against those soldiers if they were controlled by a tyrannical government.

You need to come up with better argument, because this one you are making has been beat to death and chopped up into little tiny pieces.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#3892 Mar 8, 2013

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3893 Mar 8, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>yada yada yada.....didn't Soros teach you better than that.
When your tantrum's over, get back to us with something intelligent to discuss. Your obsession with me is childish and silly.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3894 Mar 8, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
..EDITED...The founders DID think about advancements in weaponry. That is the reason they used the term "arms" instead of "muskets". Their wish was for every man to have access to the same weaponry the everyday foot soldier carried just in case they would have to go up against those soldiers if they were controlled by a tyrannical government....EDITED.
LOL!! Two of the dumbest, most dishonest claims I've yet seen from the gunners.

They no doubt used "arms" because not everyone had access to a musket, some had pistols, some may have had experience with artillery, etc. They didn't want anyone denied the weapons of THEIR TIME because they knew they might need a militia, being opposed to big standing armies.

The second claim about having to "go up against the soldiers of a tyrannical [domestic] government" is PURE BS, unsupported by anything the Founders said or thought. They were largely well-to-do and respectable men, and the LAST thing they wanted was armed chumps upset with the Government marching into town and overthrowing it. Insurrection was NOT something they stood for.

Try to be honest, or at least educate yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officials have duty to Nevadans to make backgro... Jan 16 duzitreallymatter 2
News CCW Weekend: The Enduring Concealed Carry Revolver Jan 15 jimwildrickjr 1
News Washington attorney general proposes assault we... Jan 13 justice 2
News Extend background checks to save lives Jan 9 duzitreallymatter 3
Our own worst enemy Jan 7 justice 3
News GOP Rep Introduces National Concealed Carry Rec... Jan 7 jimwildrickjr 9
News Ohio: Kasich Signs Critical Self-Defense Bill I... Jan 6 jimwildrickjr 3
More from around the web