People do not need assault weapons: d...

People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

There are 4995 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 17, 2013, titled People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary. In it, Reuters reports that:

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3791 Mar 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>It's going to get heavy, I mean you trying to carry them on your back. Ah the plight of low information voters.
No one knows "low information" better than you, au SPambo...:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3792 Mar 5, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Continuing the metaphor, that means you scaredy cat gun grabbers have big vag's.
Saying something stupid and irrelevant doesn't equate to "continuing the metaphor." Or maybe you just don't know what a "metaphor" is...:)

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#3793 Mar 5, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's counting the early 'absentee' ballots? Anyone verifying each one?
I don't know the law for each state but i would be sure that like N.Y. a rep. from both party would be notified and invited. There are no exceptions here.
Two disclaimers. The fines and jail sentences for this kind of fraud , if proven, can't be too high
Second I do not believe there has ever been a Presidential election without some irregullarity at one polling place. Both parties have been guity at one time or another and historicall the party's are equally tarred. My bet is that in any close election the fraud cancel each other out, with both parties holding roughly the same number of tainted votes.

the two states being dicussed are Pa. and Ohio.

In Pa. there is a claim that a half dozen polling places in Philadelphia.
The President won by about 300,000. Those sites could not have injected 50,000 votes each.
In Ohio the margin was about 170,000 There were 1,700,000 early voters and absentee ballots in state.
thus if one was to steal Ohio on absentee balllots you would need to shift 10% of those votes

If you wanted to execute a fraud of that size, you would have to have the GOP as a silent partner.
Shifts of that size could not happen because there was a poll watcher or a dozen missing.
In Ohio, the GOP knowing it had just lost at SCOTUS, over early balloting would have been jaw droppingly inept not to have an army of poll watchers at the ready. Cameras rolling waiting for the smallest wiff of irregularity.
Also i am suprised that the Ohio & Pa. GOP haven't put on a convincing song and dance about being wronged. Bloggers and activists can't carry the ball on his and they have to ask why the party's aren't leading the way?
Brown Girl in the Ring

UK

#3794 Mar 5, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
They do...maybe you should try it and push yourself away from the trough.
Go polish one of your guns
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#3795 Mar 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying something stupid and irrelevant doesn't equate to "continuing the metaphor." Or maybe you just don't know what a "metaphor" is...:)
Shutty, vag. Go hug your teddy.
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#3796 Mar 5, 2013
Brown Girl in the Ring wrote:
<quoted text>
A clean weapon is a ready weapon.
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#3797 Mar 5, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know the law for each state but i would be sure that like N.Y. a rep. from both party would be notified and invited. There are no exceptions here.
Two disclaimers. The fines and jail sentences for this kind of fraud , if proven, can't be too high
Second I do not believe there has ever been a Presidential election without some irregullarity at one polling place. Both parties have been guity at one time or another and historicall the party's are equally tarred. My bet is that in any close election the fraud cancel each other out, with both parties holding roughly the same number of tainted votes.
the two states being dicussed are Pa. and Ohio.
In Pa. there is a claim that a half dozen polling places in Philadelphia.
The President won by about 300,000. Those sites could not have injected 50,000 votes each.
In Ohio the margin was about 170,000 There were 1,700,000 early voters and absentee ballots in state.
thus if one was to steal Ohio on absentee balllots you would need to shift 10% of those votes
If you wanted to execute a fraud of that size, you would have to have the GOP as a silent partner.
Shifts of that size could not happen because there was a poll watcher or a dozen missing.
In Ohio, the GOP knowing it had just lost at SCOTUS, over early balloting would have been jaw droppingly inept not to have an army of poll watchers at the ready. Cameras rolling waiting for the smallest wiff of irregularity.
Also i am suprised that the Ohio & Pa. GOP haven't put on a convincing song and dance about being wronged. Bloggers and activists can't carry the ball on his and they have to ask why the party's aren't leading the way?
Unless the losing party has a smoking gun, even raising the issue makes them look like a bunch of sour grapes types, which the press plays up.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3798 Mar 5, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Shutty, vag. Go hug your teddy.
Is that some kind of kiddie slang you learned on the playground, or are you drunk?:)
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#3799 Mar 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that some kind of kiddie slang you learned on the playground, or are you drunk?:)
Do you need your binky?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3800 Mar 5, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you need your binky?
Drunk it is, then...:)

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#3801 Mar 5, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless the losing party has a smoking gun, even raising the issue makes them look like a bunch of sour grapes types, which the press plays up.
Only if there turned out to be zero proven frauds. Even a couple thousand would justify the effort.
However
An effort to steal 300,000 in Pa and to steal the Ohio election with mis counting early voting, would have had to have been well organized and funded,
Also stealing 10% of Ohio's early ballots and Pa.'s 300,000 votes would stand out like a whale in a bathtub.
It would mean that unlike Clinton there would be a legitimate impeachment,
And that prospect would mean the GOP wouldn't hold it's fire.
Look at how far the GOP ran with discredited birther rants
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#3802 Mar 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care....you can all bankrupt yourselves and kill yourselves, family members, and each other for all I care. It's just depressing living in a nation under the gun, that's all.
I'm sure it gives you a huge boner, so to speak...
"It's just depressing living in a nation under the gun, that's all."

If it's that "depressing" for you, you don't have to stay.

"I'm sure it gives you a huge boner, so to speak..."

No, but I'm not surprised you are carrying around this interest in my "man parts".
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#3803 Mar 5, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, come on. Don't talk about the extensions to their penises like that. Without them they have nothing and that's no fun. LOL! LOL!!
Oh wow...that's sooo funny...my sides hurt from laughing so much...no surprise coming from someone that doesn't have one...and I'm not talking a "gun".
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#3804 Mar 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd THINK that's what they were...:)
Obviously, YOU do...why don't you 2 get a room...?

All you ignorant, "frustrated control freaks" are alike.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#3805 Mar 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#3806 Mar 5, 2013
Brown Girl in the Ring wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok...BOHICA
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#3807 Mar 5, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you need your binky?
Nah...he needs his mommy's tit.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#3808 Mar 5, 2013
The “Party of Stupid” is at it again
http://www.seattlebikeblog.com/2013/03/02/sta...

The Party of Stupid is at it again and again and ....
http://colorlines.com/archives/2011/08/98_of_...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#3809 Mar 5, 2013
Spocko wrote:
The “Party of Stupid” is at it again
http://www.seattlebikeblog.com/2013/03/02/sta...
The Party of Stupid is at it again and again and ....
http://colorlines.com/archives/2011/08/98_of_...
Try THIS party of stupid, Gomer:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/dhs-plans-to-re...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#3810 Mar 5, 2013
Overseer58 wrote:
Hmmmm..... I wonder why the cons aren't cheering this reduction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paxton's acceptance of shootings is unacceptable 14 hr youll shoot your ... 1
Texas mass shooting Nov 11 Canlendyou 13
News Massachusetts 1st to ban bump stocks since Vega... Nov 11 Watchdog 3
News Existing laws should have stopped shooter Nov 10 payme 1
News Texas Attorney General: The way to stop mass sh... Nov 9 Brenda Lasley 16
30-06 (7.62X63) vs .308 (7.62X51) (Feb '11) Nov 7 Charlie 122
News Packing pistols: Is Texas safer with more licen... (Jul '11) Nov 6 Free Farts 12
More from around the web