People do not need assault weapons: d...

People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

There are 4995 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 17, 2013, titled People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary. In it, Reuters reports that:

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Brown Girl in the Ring

UK

#3769 Mar 4, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand Marxism just fine... but for some reason you can't define it.
Do you listen to yourself?
Obama was indoctrinated in Marxist communism his entire life. Those who were most involved were:
Frank Marshal Davis;
Vernon Jarrett;
William Ayers;
Vallerie Jarrett.
Today, Vallerie Jarrett has the office immediately adjacent to the Oval Office.
Now, how about you give us a definition for "Marxism" so you can participate in the discussion when I describe the Democrats' agenda as being a duplication of the principles in "Das Kapital", dufus.
Got a problem with that, don't you? You can't even define the word.
You wouldn't know a Marxist if one was brainwashing you with a bullhorn in your face, dupe.
such a silly billy!

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#3770 Mar 4, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Philadelphia: Liberal Judge Removes GOP Poll Watchers While lack Black Panthers Intimidate Voters
Philadelphia was the birthplace of freedom in this nation, given that the Declaration of Independence was signed there. But things have a way of coming full circle when one reads history, and it is happening again: the birthplace of freedom is proving to be the dying place, as well.
We can start with a liberal judge removing GOP Election Board members from “at least” half a dozen polling locations. As Amanda Carpenter reports,“A Pennsylvania judge previously ruled that court-appointed poll watchers could be NOT removed from their boards by an on-site election judge, but that is exactly what is happening, according to sources on the ground.”
Denying access to the minority (in this case Republican) poll watchers and inspectors is a violation of Pennsylvania state law. Those who violate the law can be punished with a misdemeanor and subjected to a fine of $1,000 and sent to prison between one month and two years.
But in this case, that would only happen if one liberal judge put another one in jail. Don’t hold your breath.
What is most frightening of all was the judge’s justification for removing Republicans:
A liberal judge previously ruled that court-appointed Republican poll watchers could be removed from their boards by an on-site election judge, citing their “minority” status as cause.
This along with the fact that the Democratic Ohio Secretary of State had to be ordered to verify voter registrations after huge numbers of falsified registrations turned up in the process. Rather than do her duty, and basically do her job, Jennifer Brunner instead found a “better judge” to overturn the ruling of the first.
The official corruption, the court orders that enable voter fraud, the looking the other so the mice can play, is truly frightening.
The punishment of $1000 and less than a 2 year sentence seems too lite .

I am not saying fraud is ever to be taken lightly when and where it can be proven the maximum sentence is too short.
In 2004 for weeks following that election Democratic friends kept claiming a stolen election, I told them that sour grapes make for a bitter whine. Whine some did.
In Pennslyvania the margin was 300,000 those half dozen polling places in Philadelphia could not have possibly each inserted 50,000 fradulent votes.
Didn't SCOTUS hear the Ohio complaint? I know they had turned aside a second list of GOP complaints in re. early voting
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#3771 Mar 4, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>I already showed you where it was 4 times, are you a slow learner and need continued repitition like most liberals and their mantras.
lol! You're a slow responder son.

The funny part is, you use an AD to make your case!

You sure are selective about what you consider "information" or "truth!"
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#3772 Mar 4, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Philadelphia: Liberal Judge Removes GOP Poll Watchers While lack Black Panthers Intimidate Voters
Philadelphia was the birthplace of freedom in this nation, given that the Declaration of Independence was signed there. But things have a way of coming full circle when one reads history, and it is happening again: the birthplace of freedom is proving to be the dying place, as well.
We can start with a liberal judge removing GOP Election Board members from “at least” half a dozen polling locations. As Amanda Carpenter reports,“A Pennsylvania judge previously ruled that court-appointed poll watchers could be NOT removed from their boards by an on-site election judge, but that is exactly what is happening, according to sources on the ground.”
Denying access to the minority (in this case Republican) poll watchers and inspectors is a violation of Pennsylvania state law. Those who violate the law can be punished with a misdemeanor and subjected to a fine of $1,000 and sent to prison between one month and two years.
But in this case, that would only happen if one liberal judge put another one in jail. Don’t hold your breath.
What is most frightening of all was the judge’s justification for removing Republicans:
A liberal judge previously ruled that court-appointed Republican poll watchers could be removed from their boards by an on-site election judge, citing their “minority” status as cause.
This along with the fact that the Democratic Ohio Secretary of State had to be ordered to verify voter registrations after huge numbers of falsified registrations turned up in the process. Rather than do her duty, and basically do her job, Jennifer Brunner instead found a “better judge” to overturn the ruling of the first.
The official corruption, the court orders that enable voter fraud, the looking the other so the mice can play, is truly frightening.
lol! Amazing. Now you're using a blog as proof.

Geez you should just quote yourself....

Wait a minute... for all I know, you did!
Brown Girl in the Ring

UK

#3773 Mar 5, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you! They may be illiterate and have no healthcare, but hell, when your priority is to keep your kids fully armored at all times, have a ball!
Ever think about spending some of that cash on an education dummy?
Or even teaching them how to use a knife and fork. Lol

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3774 Mar 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You're a slow responder son.
The funny part is, you use an AD to make your case!
You sure are selective about what you consider "information" or "truth!"
You're trying too hard pookie. I just zoomed past you again with your childish tirade of fables.

au contraire

Location hidden

#3775 Mar 5, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
The one next to the post confirming you're an idiot.
Oh pookie, I love it when you fall in your own sink hole. Better sharpen up there or you'll lose your standing the Bots for Obammy club.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#3777 Mar 5, 2013
Brown Girl in the Ring wrote:
<quoted text>
Or even teaching them how to use a knife and fork. Lol
They do...maybe you should try it and push yourself away from the trough.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#3779 Mar 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>You're trying too hard pookie. I just zoomed past you again with your childish tirade of fables.
Since that's how you approach the truth son, I'm not surprised!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3780 Mar 5, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Pathetic"...lol...a nd you can't do anything about it...gets more and more frustrating for you control freaks doesn't it...?
From one gun owner comes 5 more.
I don't care....you can all bankrupt yourselves and kill yourselves, family members, and each other for all I care. It's just depressing living in a nation under the gun, that's all.

I'm sure it gives you a huge boner, so to speak...

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3781 Mar 5, 2013
Bluntforce wrote:
<quoted text>Not in Ohio. Here in the Buckets state, the Marxist's have poll worker's involved in their elaborate voter fraud schemes. Of course, THAT is just an isolated incident. I'm sure they don't have that same racket going on in the other 56 states.
No such thing was or is going on in Ohio, liar. And you wouldn't know a Marxist if one bit you on your fat, swollen rump.

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#3782 Mar 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say Rassmusen moron, I said Gallup.........now don't your feel dumb.....getting caught trying to fabricate my response. Who do you think you are, Candy Crowly?
LOL! You shouldn't be so quick to call someone else a moron, moron. He wasn't saying you quoted Rasmussen. YOU misunderstood HIS comment and then tried to make a fool out of him! He was using the Rasmussen poll as an example of a correct statistic. You blew it. Again. Fool. LOL! LOL!

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#3783 Mar 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic. Might as well be a little boy with toy guns.
Oh, come on. Don't talk about the extensions to their penises like that. Without them they have nothing and that's no fun. LOL! LOL!!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3784 Mar 5, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, come on. Don't talk about the extensions to their penises like that. Without them they have nothing and that's no fun. LOL! LOL!!
You'd THINK that's what they were...:)

au contraire

Location hidden

#3785 Mar 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Since that's how you approach the truth son, I'm not surprised!
Low information voters are never suprised. If you were, you wouldn't have voted for more candy instead of your country.

au contraire

Location hidden

#3786 Mar 5, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You shouldn't be so quick to call someone else a moron, moron. He wasn't saying you quoted Rasmussen. YOU misunderstood HIS comment and then tried to make a fool out of him! He was using the Rasmussen poll as an example of a correct statistic. You blew it. Again. Fool. LOL! LOL!
It's going to get heavy, I mean you trying to carry them on your back. Ah the plight of low information voters.
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#3787 Mar 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd THINK that's what they were...:)
Continuing the metaphor, that means you scaredy cat gun grabbers have big vag's.
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#3788 Mar 5, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
What state was it that GOP poll watchers were replaced by liberals?
In every state that I am aware of the Political partys thus it would be impossible for Democrats to reolace a GOP poll watcher. Could it be possible that the GOP swapped it's own poll watchers and bumped some who were tea party. If that were the case your complaint is with the GOP. In New York any citizen can observe a polling place. The displaced watchers would have had the option to stay.
Who's counting the early 'absentee' ballots? Anyone verifying each one?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#3789 Mar 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Low information voters are never suprised. If you were, you wouldn't have voted for more candy instead of your country.
lol! I see. Romney and fart news were surprised Romney lost because they were up to date on what was happening in the "real" world!

Your logic is great for stupidity son. A fine example of real world events between your ears and only between there!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3790 Mar 5, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Low information voters are never suprised. If you were, you wouldn't have voted for more candy instead of your country.
What's really stupid is you voting for a rich guy who wanted to give other rich guys more 'candy,' even though NONE OF THEM WAS GOING TO SHARE WITH YOU!

LOL...yep, that's really stupid.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officials have duty to Nevadans to make backgro... Jan 16 duzitreallymatter 2
News CCW Weekend: The Enduring Concealed Carry Revolver Jan 15 jimwildrickjr 1
News Washington attorney general proposes assault we... Jan 13 justice 2
News Extend background checks to save lives Jan 9 duzitreallymatter 3
Our own worst enemy Jan 7 justice 3
News GOP Rep Introduces National Concealed Carry Rec... Jan 7 jimwildrickjr 9
News Ohio: Kasich Signs Critical Self-Defense Bill I... Jan 6 jimwildrickjr 3
More from around the web