People do not need assault weapons: d...

People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

There are 4995 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 17, 2013, titled People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary. In it, Reuters reports that:

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#3575 Feb 28, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, somehow, they knew a terrorist attack was imminent. That kind of blows your party line bullshit about Bush not paying attention to intelligence before 9/11 out of the water, doesn't it?
Seems like Bush took vacation at just the right time.
Bush arrested one of the hijackers before 9/11(2001). But, a leftwingnut federal judge wouldn't let the FBI look at Moussaoui's hard drive and read the details of the 9/11(2001) attack.
For some reason, all those "constitutional" objections that judge had disappeared on 9/12.
If that leftwingnut judge had let the FBI read Moussaoui's hard drive, 9/11(2001) would never have happened and there wouldn't have been a war.
All you complain about is the fault of the Democrats, to include the economic collapse caused by the Democrats' Marxist subprime loan program after two years of oversight of the financial institutions by Democrats Dodd and Frank.
If that's your position, then clearly your contention is bushie ALLOWED 9/11 to take place. I don't believe that but then, historical events have a way of disproving opinions too. Besides....

"Bush Gave No Sign of Worry In August 2001

By Dana Milbank and Mike Allen
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, April 11, 2004; Page A01

CRAWFORD, Tex., April 10 -- President Bush was in an expansive mood on Aug. 7, 2001, when he ran into reporters while playing golf at the Ridgewood Country Club in Waco, Tex.

The day before, the president had received an intelligence briefing -- the contents of which were declassified by the White House Saturday night -- warning "Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US." But Bush seemed carefree as he spoke about the books he was reading, the work he was doing on his nearby ranch, his love of hot-weather jogging, his golf game and his 55th birthday.

"No mulligans, except on the first tee," he said to laughter. "That's just to loosen up. You see, most people get to hit practice balls, but as you know, I'm walking out here, I'm fixing to go hit. Tight back, older guy -- I hit the speed limit on July 6th."

National security adviser Condoleezza Rice, in her testimony Thursday to the independent commission investigating the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, spoke of a government on high alert for terrorism in the summer of 2001. "The president of the United States had us at battle stations during this period of time," she testified. Rice's talk of battle stations is part of the Bush administration's effort to counter an impression that it did not do enough about terrorism before Sept. 11; a Newsweek poll released Saturday found that 60 percent think the Bush administration underestimated terrorism before the attacks.

But if top officials were at battle stations, there was no sign of it on the surface. Bush spent most of August 2001 on his ranch here. His staff said at the time that by far the biggest issue on his agenda was his decision on federal funding of stem cell research, followed by education, immigration and the Social Security "lockbox."

Of course, many of the efforts to thwart an attack would not have been visible on the outside. But some officials on the inside -- notably former White House counterterrorism chief Richard A. Clarke -- say the administration was not acting with sufficient urgency to the spike in intelligence indicating a threat. And there is nothing in Bush's public actions or words from August 2001 to refute Clarke...."

Son, you really come ill prepared with only your opinions to backup your claims. And you believe you can bolster your claims by demanding others answer your idiotic questions.

Grow up.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3576 Feb 28, 2013
BeASodomist wrote:
<quoted text>Molesting kids is my claim to fame. It's what cowards like me do. I obviously know a lot about having to register.
It's a wonder I'm not anti-gun. I can't afford to have parents catching me preying on their kids.
I'd get caught - or more likely, killed. But I deserve it.
That you do, sicko. Maybe Topix should inform your local police there's a predatory pedo loose in their neighborhoods...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#3577 Feb 28, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, somehow, they knew a terrorist attack was imminent. That kind of blows your party line bullshit about Bush not paying attention to intelligence before 9/11 out of the water, doesn't it?
Seems like Bush took vacation at just the right time.
Bush arrested one of the hijackers before 9/11(2001). But, a leftwingnut federal judge wouldn't let the FBI look at Moussaoui's hard drive and read the details of the 9/11(2001) attack.
For some reason, all those "constitutional" objections that judge had disappeared on 9/12.
If that leftwingnut judge had let the FBI read Moussaoui's hard drive, 9/11(2001) would never have happened and there wouldn't have been a war.
All you complain about is the fault of the Democrats, to include the economic collapse caused by the Democrats' Marxist subprime loan program after two years of oversight of the financial institutions by Democrats Dodd and Frank.
Son, subprime was an invention of the capitalistic organizations... you know, banks and mortgage brokers.

You're just too stupid to know it.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#3578 Feb 28, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. She said you came up empty. She told you to whip it out but you had to split hairs until you could find one that bleeds. And even then, you couldn't get it up. She said you have a tattoo on your chest that says "Parking In Rear". If the wacky perfessa was into boys older than 8, he might take you up on that.
Yuz lernt yersef bout 8yernold boyz in the corn field, didya?
don russell

Oklahoma City, OK

#3579 Feb 28, 2013
is that the best you morons can do? accuse each other of being cho-mos? how about you either stick to the TOPIC of discussion, or shut your stupid mouth?

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#3580 Feb 28, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, subprime was an invention of the capitalistic organizations... you know, banks and mortgage brokers.
Yeah, the banks invented subprime people, LOL.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#3581 Feb 28, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Yuz lernt yersef bout 8yernold boyz in the corn field, didya?
Said the liberal sheet licker at the bath house.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#3583 Feb 28, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. She said you came up empty. She told you to whip it out but you had to split hairs until you could find one that bleeds. And even then, you couldn't get it up. She said you have a tattoo on your chest that says "Parking In Rear". If the wacky perfessa was into boys older than 8, he might take you up on that.
You're wrong again. She told me you can't get it up without a picture of rush dickless next to your bed.

bwahahahahahahahahaha
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#3584 Feb 28, 2013
Bluntforce wrote:
<quoted text>Dana Milbank, huh? There's a fair and balanced democrat hack. I'd believe anything he wrote as gospel truth. Wouldn't you, son?
Here's a tip, son. Your democrat talking points are as fresh as day old road kill, son. You've got to get a better source than MSNBC.
Nice of you to offer your opinions as opposed to even what Condi Rice said son.

Oh, that's ok. I'm sure you'd even counter bushie if it meant keeping your personal opinion safe from harm.
don russell

Oklahoma City, OK

#3586 Feb 28, 2013
what's with you punks, anyway? why can't you stick to the topic of discussion, or just shut the ---- up?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3587 Feb 28, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
First, Bush had an NIE on his desk weeks before the 9/11 attacks indicating an imminent attack on this country....and wilfully did nothing, not even step up airport security. He's culpable.
Second, "Marxist subprime loan program" is the dumbest, funniest thing I've read in a long time....LOL
You really are a nut, aren't you? Now come on, boy, demand that I explain how "Obama's administration is going to be paid for" or whatever....:)
The dumb teacher is at it again... Whoopee... Ax Barney(My Boie Lollipop)Frank about the loan program? He was the one who told Congress there was nothing wrong.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#3589 Mar 1, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, the banks invented subprime people, LOL.
Conservative ideology created the anti-regulatory environment that allowed the sharks to feed.
When ever mass quantities of money is involved people will cheat and steal if not watched. Thus the desire for a deregulated state falls on it's face.
Libertarianism is only applicable in the private lives of citizens but once you leave your front door, you leave that behind
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#3590 Mar 1, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservative ideology created the anti-regulatory environment that allowed the sharks to feed.
When ever mass quantities of money is involved people will cheat and steal if not watched. Thus the desire for a deregulated state falls on it's face.
Libertarianism is only applicable in the private lives of citizens but once you leave your front door, you leave that behind
Nice spin. Ever thought of being Obama's Press Secretary?
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#3591 Mar 1, 2013
Professor Asswipe wrote:
<quoted text>
That you do, sicko. Maybe Topix should inform your local police there's a predatory pedo loose in their neighborhoods...
Maybe you should lead the police to the place where you buried those bodies.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#3592 Mar 1, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Yuz lernt yersef bout 8yernold boyz in the corn field, didya?
More tripe from the coward.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#3594 Mar 1, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>Nice spin. Ever thought of being Obama's Press Secretary?
The job was offered..I had considered it , but I wouldn't want to leave this....
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#3595 Mar 1, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
The job was offered..I had considered it , but I wouldn't want to leave this....
Fess up, it's the fringe bennies that keep you here.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#3596 Mar 1, 2013
Bluntforce wrote:
<quoted text>Well Now, son. I detect a theme running through your post's. It would seem that everyone who don't see things your way, is giving an opinion. And you, son, are the only one with the true story. Would I be correct, son? Please impart some more of your glorious wisdom upon us poor rubes, if'n it pleases you. I love a good camp fire story, especially when a genuine democrat activist tells it.
Well son, it would appear I'm using sources while others like you simply make claims.

You obviously have a problem with that because it negates your source... namely you.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#3597 Mar 1, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
First, Bush had an NIE on his desk weeks before the 9/11 attacks indicating an imminent attack on this country....and wilfully did nothing, not even step up airport security. He's culpable.
Second, "Marxist subprime loan program" is the dumbest, funniest thing I've read in a long time....LOL
You really are a nut, aren't you? Now come on, boy, demand that I explain how "Obama's administration is going to be paid for" or whatever....:)
Condoleezza Rice says they were at battle stations during the period of time you say Bush didn't even know what was going on. You need to rectify the discrepancy between what CRice says and your ignorant party line rhetoric.

And, you can't even define the word "Marxism". You wouldn't know a Marxist if one was brainwashing you with a bullhorn in your face. I'll help educate you.
In a Marxist system, no priveledges can be earned, or otherwise acquired, by any member of the masses that isn't available to every individual in the masses.
Before the Democrats' Marxist subprime loan program became part of our economic machine, an individual earned, or otherwise acquired the priveledge of purchasing a house, based on the worthiness of their individual credit history and income. This is diametrically opposed to Marxist principles. After the Democrats' Marxist subprime loan program became part of the economic machine, the credit history and income of the individual became an insignificant consideration. Thus, the Marxist principle that no priveledges can be earned, or otherwise acquired, by any member of the masses that isn't available to every individual in the masses was instituted.

Now, just where did Obama get his Marxist indoctrination from?
We have the answers to that question:
Frank Marshal Davis;
Vernon Jarrett;
William Ayers;
Vallerie Jarrett.

Coincidentally, Vallerie Jarrett has the office immediately adjacent to the Oval Office, and that was where Obama went to when he was summoned from the golf course by Vallerie Jarrett when it was leaked to her the mission to kill bin Laden was 40 minutes from landing in bin Laden's compound.

Please change your name. It's embarrassing to read the word "professor" in front of your ignorant comments. I suggest "perfesser". That would be appropriate for your level of ignorance.

Yes, you're so ignorant, you wouldn't know a Marxist if one was brainwashing you with a bullhorn in your face.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#3598 Mar 1, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>Fess up, it's the fringe bennies that keep you here.
they are big...
As is the stimulating work environment...

Besides I'm adagio, life in the bright lights isn't for me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why assault rifle sales are booming 13 min payme 126
Truth About Reloading 28 min payme 92
News On lowering the flag 12 hr payme 18
News Treating Firearms Like We Do Cars? Yeaha Lets D... (Feb '12) Jul 4 Here Is One 23
News St. Louis Zoo Court Order against the Exercise ... Jul 2 True facts 8
News Why are assault weapon sales jumping? Because t... Jul 2 Here Is One 47
This is the NRA’s worst nightmare: Jul 2 Here Is One 18
More from around the web