People do not need assault weapons: d...

People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary

There are 4995 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 17, 2013, titled People do not need assault weapons: defense secretary. In it, Reuters reports that:

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta joined the gun control debate on Thursday when he told troops at a military base in Italy that only soldiers needed armor-piercing bullets or assault weapons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#3039 Feb 19, 2013
DUH Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you don't qualify, do you? ;)
What do you make of someone who asserts that if you own "scary looking" guns you are a latent homicidal maniac?

Where does that map into your "intelectualism"?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#3040 Feb 19, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep asking the same ignorant question? Obama's ADMINISTRATION'S costs are paid for out of the budget, or continuing resolution.
What you WANT to ask but are too goddamn STUPID to ask is "where will the money come from to pay the costs of the budget or continuing budget resolution which funds government programs?"
And the answer to that, as long as we're in deficit mode, is to put it simply "we will borrow it." Which you already knew, I suspect, idiot troll that you are.
Now, do you have a POINT?
Because you never answer the question, you goddam idiot.

Answer the question and we can begin a discussion. You keep running away from that question like a heterosexual male page passing Barney Frank's office.

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

You do know what a source of money is, don't you?
You do know what Obama's government is, don't you?
You do know that if Obama's government isn't paid for the government collapses, don't you?
You do know that projections of the point beyond being able to pay the debt is about 10 years away, don't you?

So, if nobody answers this question, the existence of the United States comes to an end.

So, how about doing something patriotic and save the country. Answer the question and save the country.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#3041 Feb 19, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed, well-said.
The gun rights thing was new to me, just recently checked out the update of gun laws under the Nazis and was surprised to find how they'd LIBERALIZED gun ownership for everyone but a few minorities like Jews and Gypsies. Very interesting!
Another similarity between Hitler and the Democrats.
The Democrats refuse to enforce existing gun laws in their own districts, but are shoving gun laws down everyone else's throat. That is identical to what you describe about Hitler. If you're an Obama dupe, you will have guns. If you oppose Obama, you get Bidenized.

Yup, the Democrats are as close to a modern-day Hitler as you can possibly get.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#3042 Feb 19, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Professor,
Some students like their agruements, the facts, not so much
"The national government will maintain and defend the foundations on which the power of our nation rests. It will offer strong protection to Christianity as the very basis of our collective morality. Today Christians stand at the head of our country. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit. We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the press-- in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of LIBERAL excess during the past years."
— Adolf Hitler
Also for the benefet of the rest of the students here is a brief summation of my term paper on the history of gun law in Germany 1919-1939
Under the Versaillie treaty the German Gov't was required to disarm it's civilian population. A law was placed on the books banning gun ownership.The German Gov't never attempted to take back guns.
The were two major re-writings of German gun law between the world wars.
1928. It became legal for citizens over the age of 21 to own long and short barrelled sporting guns. The legal requirements included a yearly relicencing of both guns and owners .
1938. Gun rights are taken away from Jews, Gypsys, Communists , and criminials. After the start of the war these restrictions were applied to all conquered poeples. For Germans, the minimum age for licience eligibility is lowered to 18. Yearly requirements become every third year.
This may be a little difficult for Democrats to understand, but talking is not the same as doing.
A person is not what they say. They will lie. Just watch Obama to see the truth of this.
But, what a person does is not a lie, like when Obama has the Wahabist terrorist Muslim Brotherhood over to the White House for frequent visits. That's who Obama is.

It was no different than Hitler.

Don't waste your time posting what liars like Obama and Hitler say. Post the things they do. That is their identity, not the lies that come out of their mouths.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3043 Feb 19, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not "privileged", buttmunch, I worked for everything I have. And I'll fight like hell to keep it.
LOL..don't read too good, does you? LOL

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3044 Feb 19, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
This may be a little difficult for Democrats to understand, but talking is not the same as doing.
A person is not what they say. They will lie. Just watch Obama to see the truth of this.
But, what a person does is not a lie, like when Obama has the Wahabist terrorist Muslim Brotherhood over to the White House for frequent visits. That's who Obama is.
Don't waste your time posting what liars like Obama and Hitler say. Post the things they do. That is their identity, not the lies that come out of their mouths.
First, nothing you say refuted ANYTHING he posted.

Second, the claim "..Obama has the Wahabist terrorist Muslim Brotherhood over to the White House for frequent visits" is a falsehood.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3045 Feb 19, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you never answer the question, you goddam idiot.
Answer the question and we can begin a discussion. You keep running away from that question like a heterosexual male page passing Barney Frank's office.
You do know what a source of money is, don't you?
You do know what Obama's government is, don't you?
You do know that if Obama's government isn't paid for the government collapses, don't you?
You do know that projections of the point beyond being able to pay the debt is about 10 years away, don't you?
So, if nobody answers this question, the existence of the United States comes to an end.
So, how about doing something patriotic and save the country. Answer the question and save the country.
Jesus..you're stuck on stupid, aren't you?

FOAD, troll. Your question is clearly meaningless, and not a "question" at all.

Here's hoping YOUR existence comes to an end, and soon.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3046 Feb 19, 2013
This was espcially hilarious:

"..if Obama's government isn't paid for the government collapses, don't you?"

LOL...talk about a moron.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#3047 Feb 19, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Another similarity between Hitler and the Democrats.
The Democrats refuse to enforce existing gun laws in their own districts, but are shoving gun laws down everyone else's throat. That is identical to what you describe about Hitler. If you're an Obama dupe, you will have guns. If you oppose Obama, you get Bidenized.
Yup, the Democrats are as close to a modern-day Hitler as you can possibly get.
There is NO similiarity between Hitler (a person, leader of the Nazi Party of 70 years ago) and the Democratic Party (a political party of modern-day America which abhors Naziism). None. NO similarity. Do you understand this, moron?

What gun laws are even going to be passed are NOT YET KNOWN. So NO comparison could honestly be made, could it, pinhead?

God DAMMIT but you are dumb.:)

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#3048 Feb 19, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What wasn't the "truth", redneck?
Redneck? the only red on my neck is from frost

I stated the rich people are more apt to be conservative and GOP
I showed you numbers demonstrating that the Democrats hold a large edge in the bottom 1\3 a slight advantage in the middle and were trailing in the top 1\3. As late as 2004 the GOP's share of the electorate shrank, narrowing the gap at the top and broadening Dem. lead in bottom 1\3.
Ergo a randomly chosen Democrat is most likely to come from a lower in come group than a randomly chosen Republican.
Note I said there are a lot of rich people in congress and , by the ........
I did not identify party affiliation with the law makers only the voters.

Rather than quote something factual to counter the point, you attacked Democrats for being poorer which was my point...

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#3049 Feb 19, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not "privileged", buttmunch, I worked for everything I have. And I'll fight like hell to keep it.
You'll have to,'cause we're trashing the guns. Don't like it? Then get out. Good riddance.

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#3050 Feb 19, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..don't read too good, does you? LOL
S-h-h-h! What he doesn't know won't hurt him and his comments are hilarious. I'm sure this reply went straight over his head.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#3051 Feb 19, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as Hitler I quoted he said then I showed you what he did. Pointing you to the law signed in 1938. The English translation is easy to find the German version a little more difficult.
If you posted only truth the last we would have heard from you was that biker joke i applauded.
The what did Hitler NOT do.
Contrary to the crap that has been spewed here, ex. "The first thing Hitler did when he took power was to take everyones guns away" .
Five years in power before making a move,, private gun ownership wasn't very high on his list of things to do.
Second Hitler did not take away all the guns.
Please post another joke...it's either funny or it's not...and...it doesn't have to be true
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#3052 Feb 19, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
That is their identity, not the lies that come out of their mouths.
Dear, you might want to check your facts (ie lies) before accusing others.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3053 Feb 19, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm educated and pay attention to the real world. I'm not a rightie who gets his news from Hannity, Limbaugh, and Drudge, either.
;)
Yes, I voted twice," Richardson told WCPO-TV. "I, after registering thousands of people, certainly wanted my vote to count, so I voted. I voted at the polls."

Authorities also are investigating if she voted in the names of four other people, too, for a total of six votes in the 2012 presidential election.

"I'll fight it for Mr. Obama and for Mr. Obama's right to sit as president of the United States," Richardson vowed when asked about the voter fraud investigation that is now under way.

Richardson is one of 19 people suspected of illegal voting by the Hamilton County Board of Elections in the last election.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/19/oh...
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#3054 Feb 19, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor federal, dollar-addicted-slob. When are you going to knock down coburn's office door and demand he grow a pair.$1.64 for $1, lejimslob....okiehomo let's the rest of the country bail them out....classic teabagger bullshit.

hahahahahahahahahaha

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#3055 Feb 19, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to,'cause we're trashing the guns. Don't like it? Then get out. Good riddance.
I don't think so .

Many countries have tried it before but in reality these gun control measures have only succeeded in concentrating the supply of guns in to the hands of criminals.

On a more practical and personal note how would you find my gun ownership to be a threat to you?

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3056 Feb 19, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor federal, dollar-addicted-slob. When are you going to knock down coburn's office door and demand he grow a pair.$1.64 for $1, lejimslob....okiehomo let's the rest of the country bail them out....classic teabagger bullshit.
hahahahahahahahahaha
Look at the good news the Obama's have only spent 10 million on vacations since the election. Bet that would have provided security for the people in Benghazi, or cut a lot of RED TAPE for Sandy victims.
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#3057 Feb 19, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
F U. I was here first, punk. So YOU get out.
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#3058 Feb 19, 2013
Doctor My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
S-h-h-h! What he doesn't know won't hurt him and his comments are hilarious. I'm sure this reply went straight over his head.
Why did you stop posting as OKBoston?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Experts recommend several measures to reduce fi... 4 min FormerParatrooper 3
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 9 hr Harry Paratestes 1,587
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 10 hr WasteWater 1,165
News Legislators criticize Healey's assault weapons ... Wed Get Out 6
News A Powerful and Pragmatic Approach to Criminal J... Wed Enough Already 1
News Pam Frampton: America: shot through the heart, ... Jul 27 Watchdog 1
News Letter: Second Amendment should be abolished Jul 23 Prep-for-Dep 6
More from around the web