Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws

There are 9850 comments on the Bloomberg story from Mar 20, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws. In it, Bloomberg reports that:

The Justice Department opened an investigation this week into the killing of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old high school student who was shot dead on Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bloomberg.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10506 Mar 26, 2015
Independent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't "chase" anybody.
He was mysteriously transported from the front seat of his car two blocks away and somehow the gun just popped into his hand.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#10507 Mar 26, 2015
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
He chased down this boy after he was told by the cops to stay put.
He has a history of flashing his weapon.
I guess you missed the detentions...
LIE.

LIE.

You failed to mention that Zim mentored black youths also.

Location hidden

#10508 Mar 26, 2015
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did OJ kill Nicole?
IDK.

Ask God Almighty about that one.

If someone was pounding your head on the pavement, would you defend yourself?

(probably not, since you're a wussie)

Location hidden

#10509 Mar 26, 2015
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how your pedophile pal keeps getting detained by cops.
I guess he never got it in his head he isn't the bad azz he thought he was.
He isn't my pal.

He has been acting like an idiot since he was acquitted.

That probably has something to do with no being able to have a normal life.

Did Casey Anthony kill her little girl Caylee, and get away with it?
INFIDEL

Laguna, NM

#10510 Mar 26, 2015
Bubbletoes wrote:
Perceived lax gun laws will not save the crime-watch guy in he end. When the facts are revealed, he may be charged.
I am all-for castle doctrine and stand your ground. However in this case, it appears the self-styled crimewatch guy was following his suspect (and asking him questions), which does not make a case for 'stand your ground'. In most places, in order to be a self defence shooting, the shooter should NOT be a participant in causing the difficulty. Following somebody could easily be construed by most as participating in the problem.
Town watch/community watch is supposed to be heavy on the WATCH part. I think this guy has got his ass in a sling...and probably deserves it.
The case you cite never had anything to do with the "Stand Your Ground" law. It was a straight case of self defense. The facts were revealed and there was NO evidence to substantiate the murder charge let alone a guilty verdict. Eric Holder, the injustice department and NBC news used every dirty trick in the book to turn it into a case of vigilante, racist murder and they failed. George Zimmerman followed someone... period. Because he had the unmitigated gall to think he could actually follow "someone" (no_limmlt_ni&&#r was his chosen name, right?) and decide to watch them he was then violently attacked. I guess it is illegal now to follow someone and watch them for a couple of minutes? Does that still hold true if the person(s) following are Black and the attacker is White? If I walk through a Black neighborhood and some Black guy follows me and asks, "Hey, what are you doing here", does that mean that I get to start beating his head into the pavement? I'm just trying to figure out the rules here...

By the way... was ANY evidence ever presented to even suggest that Zimmerman attacked rather than defended himself? I'm not aware of any.

Location hidden

#10511 Mar 26, 2015
Sheriff Joe 529 wrote:
You failed to mention that Zim mentored black youths also.
The pedophile mentored children?

You don't say?

In between beating his girlfriends?

Location hidden

#10512 Mar 26, 2015
Sheriff Joe 529 wrote:
<quoted text>He isn't my pal.
He has been acting like an idiot since he was acquitted.
He's been acting this way since he was 16th and his judge daddy kept him out of jail.

Wipe your chin, Vance, and stay tuned.

Location hidden

#10513 Mar 26, 2015
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The pedophile mentored children?
You don't say?
In between beating his girlfriends?
Yes he mentored black youth, and there wasn't any evidence that he was racist either.

Zim was a pedophile?

Post some info on that.

I haven't heard that before.
INFIDEL

Laguna, NM

#10514 Mar 26, 2015
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did OJ kill Nicole?
Not according to 78% of Black America. I was surprised at the acquittal but it was what it was. I don't recall thousands of screaming White animals running rampant in the streets destroying the city when OJ was found not guilty in spite of huge amounts of forensic evidence pointing to his guilt. So in answer to your question... I think he did but he was found not guilty. End of story. I'm not crying about it years after the fact. Perhaps the whining crybabies could do the same with the death of a violent criminal.

Location hidden

#10515 Mar 26, 2015
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's been acting this way since he was 16th and his judge daddy kept him out of jail.
Wipe your chin, Vance, and stay tuned.
I don't dispute that he is an idiot, which is irrelevant to the fact he legally defended himself.

Location hidden

#10516 Mar 26, 2015
INFIDEL wrote:
By the way... was ANY evidence ever presented to even suggest that Zimmerman attacked rather than defended himself? I'm not aware of any.
Other than him chasing the boy down, the boy who had every right in the world to be exactly where he was on the sidewalk in front of his home?

Location hidden

#10517 Mar 26, 2015
Sheriff Joe 529 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't dispute that he is an idiot, which is irrelevant to the fact he legally defended himself.
Nope.

Location hidden

#10518 Mar 26, 2015
Sheriff Joe 529 wrote:
the fact he legally defended himself.
According to the jury, the reason your pedophile pal wasn't convicted was the prosecutor did not offer manslaughter.

Putting aside the absolute mess the "investigation" which cost the head cop his job.

Location hidden

#10519 Mar 26, 2015
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
The jury didn't side with you.

Think whatever you want.

“The beard faded...”

Since: May 14

to 62 shades of gray

#10520 Mar 26, 2015
barefoot2626 wrote:
Other than him chasing the boy down, the boy who had every right in the world to be exactly where he was on the sidewalk in front of his home?
Wasn't chased.....followed.....use your dictionary.....Zim never broke a sweat "following".....

The very same sidewalk Zimmerman had every right to be on.
Without being attacked by a thug.

Go figure.....

Location hidden

#10521 Mar 26, 2015
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the jury, the reason your pedophile pal wasn't convicted was the prosecutor did not offer manslaughter.
Putting aside the absolute mess the "investigation" which cost the head cop his job.
And the star witness testified that trayvon was on top of Zim, pounding his head on the pavement.

Would you let me pound your head on the pavement?
Get Out

Jacksonville, NC

#10522 Mar 26, 2015
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did OJ kill Nicole?
That would be no and apparently not according to the jury.

"If It Doesn't Fit, You Must Acquit"

Location hidden

#10523 Mar 26, 2015
Sheriff Joe 529 wrote:
<quoted text>The jury didn't side with you.
They did.

Manslaughter.

Location hidden

#10524 Mar 26, 2015
Sheriff Joe 529 wrote:
<quoted text>And the star witness testified
The "star" witness who changed his story, including reporting he was "eye witness" to events recorded on the phone on tape where he could not see what he reported?

PS: How did your pedophile get to the sidewalk two blocks from the car where he left after the cops told him not to chase this boy?

Location hidden

#10525 Mar 26, 2015
Get Out wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be no and apparently not according to the jury.
What the jury said in the OJ trial was he was not guilty.

Not that he was innocent.

What the jury said in the pedo Martin case was: he was not guilty of the charges presented by Florida.

Not that he was innocent.

It is a matter of time before your pal finds his way into jail again.

Bet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida: Another Mass Murder Stopped by Armed C... 4 hr payme 7
News Lancaster County's congressmen vote opposite wa... 21 hr jimwildrickjr 1
News Supreme Court turns away challenge to Md. assau... Dec 6 im not a doctor 6
News Florida Church Warns Visitors That Members Are ... Dec 5 im not a doctor 2
A Breakdown of Reloading at Home Nov 27 SummerBB8 1
News Obey the police, who are almost always right; M... Nov 21 youll shoot your ... 1
News Paxton's acceptance of shootings is unacceptable Nov 18 youll shoot your ... 1
More from around the web