Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws

Mar 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bloomberg

The Justice Department opened an investigation this week into the killing of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old high school student who was shot dead on Feb.

Comments (Page 467)

Showing posts 9,321 - 9,340 of9,571
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not dead, but he would have been beaten up more. I think Zimmermann ended up taking some of those shots because he had to drop one of his hands go go for the gun
It's not easy for the average man to kill someone with their bare hands. Travon would have kept beating Zimmermann until he curled up into a fetal position and started to weep. Then Travon would have kicked him in the ribs a few times, called him a "cracker" and a "beeotch" and walked away
Would you stake your life on that assumption? MURRAY, Utah -- A 46-year-old soccer referee who was punched by a teenage player during a game and later slipped into a coma has died, police said.

Ricardo Portillo of Salt Lake City passed away at the hospital, where he was being treated following the assault last weekend, Unified police spokesman Justin Hoyal said Saturday night.

Police have accused a 17-year-old player in a recreational soccer league of punching Portillo after the man called a foul on him and issued him a yellow card.
Jeremiah

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

If Zimmerman had not had a gun what would the story be? Black teen bashes man's head in?
Would there be a story at all? The media might not have salivated over the story if it weren't for the race angle. Black on white crime is sometimes ignored since it doesn't fit the politically correct narrative.
If Zimmerman had been killed would it have been a non-story or would it have been lots of outraged op-eds about the murder of a Jewish man?
Is Zimmerman Jewish or part Hispanic? Does the Hispanic part disqualify him from supportive op eds?
Stand your ground isn't relevant. If Zimmerman thought his brains were going to start spilling out he had a legal right to self defense.
It's a circus put in front of us instead of investigative reporting on government.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that so? According to his own testimony he would not have left his car and followed the kid without a gun - ye moron!!
I carry ALWAYS even when I'm not following anyone. If George wouldn't even leave his home to get milk unarmed then why get out on a dark night unarmed with a possible violent criminal lurking. Police are armed even when just taking a statement. With the criminal activity (by young black men) in his community no one living there should leave their front door without a gun.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Testimony from the victim, Zimmerman's cousin, states she was molested by zimmermanover a period of ten years, from age six to sixteen.
Another cousins says she saw George walk on water. Do you believe that too?
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>That's not the entire story Tracy, are you lying again or simply learning challenged?
The stucco worker(s) spotted a person they had previously seen burglarizing a home "during daylight hours" then followed him from a distance "during daylight hours" then reported his location to law enforcement who arrested the young man who actually lived inside the community. I should mention that the stucco workers were present because the community was just being completed at that time.
O'Brien also talked about the parking problems and then about how he didn't think the community really needed a Neighborhood Watch program. Perhaps he didn't see The Retreat as a crime ridden hell hole, odd that none of the residents near the site of the shooting site did either.
Oh I didn't realize DAYLIGHT changed a crime. How far is "a distance"? I can't find a legal definition of "a distance" when observing a criminal.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

spocko wrote:
Zimmerman is a sociopath, not once has he shown remorse or has expressed regret for having snuffed out a young life. After all he could have shot him the shoulder or leg it's not like he could have missed from point blank!!
That is the stupidest remark yet. Why feel regret for defending yourself from a drugged out criminal? Should a woman being raped feel bad for her rapist because she wore a short dress? Have you ever been in a fight? Try to aim while having your head beat. Rarely does one bullet stop an attack. I have seen people continue for over 10 minuets after receiving a fatal wound. The Boston bomber continued for days after receiving several serious gunshots. Stop watching old westerns they are making you an idiot.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

krackersmacker wrote:
<quoted text>
Testimony from the victim, Zimmerman's cousin, states she was molested by zimmermanover a period of ten years, from age six to sixteen
the sick b*stard raped his own cousin. thats what krackers do, I don't give a flying fck about this b*tch, just wanted to point out the sick mind of the f^g
Hmm You have very racist anger issues. Maybe you should jump a white man in a dark ally. For ten years? Hmmm. Then why wait till now to say anything about it? An 8 year old raped a 6 year old? NEW RECORD. You need to study the "Bell curve". It will explain why you are so stupid and should not post on public forums and make a fool of yourself. Maybe you should take up b ball or crack dealer, something that suits your IQ.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

krackersmacker wrote:
<quoted text>lol! hey funky honkey, you lice infested european piece of sht! you smell like a wet fckn dog! and you're retarded, most of you are bc you're all inbreed, you sick, nasty, pale, pasty, bug infested, savage az barbaric, trailer park dwelling sister wife marrying, child molesting pot belly, back of the woods hillhonkey! fck you! you're not even human, you mangy, funky az beast ffrom hell! lmao! do what your mom did, suck a big black dick choke and die! lol!
We conquered you and made pets of you. Ha ha ha. I hear a cotton field with your name on it.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

krackersmacker wrote:
<quoted text>lol! hey funky honkey, you lice infested european piece of sht! you smell like a wet fckn dog! and you're retarded, most of you are bc you're all inbreed, you sick, nasty, pale, pasty, bug infested, savage az barbaric, trailer park dwelling sister wife marrying, child molesting pot belly, back of the woods hillhonkey! fck you! you're not even human, you mangy, funky az beast ffrom hell! lmao! do what your mom did, suck a big black dick choke and die! lol!
By the way, I noticed you are using the ENGLISH language. What's wrong, don't have one of your own? Now say please real nice and I will send you a pitiful little check each month to buy some meth and furnish you a little slave shack in the hood.
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> I carry ALWAYS even when I'm not following anyone. If George wouldn't even leave his home to get milk unarmed then why get out on a dark night unarmed with a possible violent criminal lurking. Police are armed even when just taking a statement. With the criminal activity (by young black men) in his community no one living there should leave their front door without a gun.
Actually, every single person who lives and has been interviewed disagrees with you ... they feel very uneasy about 'the guy' sneaking around with a gun strapped to his side. I think there is only one guy in the complex that is supporting Zimmerman, he is making the rounds on talk shows - his 15 minutes of fame.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
They prefer UNEDUCATED applicants. Training is a whole different thing
Then Trayvon should have applied. Every department I have had dealings with preferred trained. It cuts cost to train new ones and time to get them on the street. Most cops even when fired have no trouble finding new jobs as other departments like officers with experience. The ones near here have less than %10 rookie enforcement.%90 came from other agencies, either fired or quit due to performance or change of leadership. A new sheriff often cleans house. A new mayor the same. All that happens is a rotation of personal, very few hire untrained high school kids except if they must due to lack of applicants. One officer I know personally was fired for improper conduct was hired as police chief 2 towns away and still works there today. Point being most departments prefer trained, even if they come with some bad baggage. There is no such thing as a squeaky clean cop.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, every single person who lives and has been interviewed disagrees with you ... they feel very uneasy about 'the guy' sneaking around with a gun strapped to his side. I think there is only one guy in the complex that is supporting Zimmerman, he is making the rounds on talk shows - his 15 minutes of fame.
That would be a lie. Only those who meet the agenda make the news, the others were swept under the rug. Don't worry, If the defense has to go that far you will get to see a few of them. And AGAIN I get to watch you eat crow. I did say AGAIN didn't I? Of course we can prove one lie now. Most didn't even know George or could tell what he looks like. Second, conceal carry, most who did know him didn't even know he carried. I guess you missed the INSIDE waistband carry? So much for the lie "strapped on his side".
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> That would be a lie. Only those who meet the agenda make the news, the others were swept under the rug. Don't worry, If the defense has to go that far you will get to see a few of them. And AGAIN I get to watch you eat crow. I did say AGAIN didn't I? Of course we can prove one lie now. Most didn't even know George or could tell what he looks like. Second, conceal carry, most who did know him didn't even know he carried. I guess you missed the INSIDE waistband carry? So much for the lie "strapped on his side".
Your agenda - halfwit?
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

<quoted text>
That was a freak thing. Fist fights happen all the time
Yes and more people die from them than rifles like the dreaded AR15. So much for "freak thing". In just 2011, 728 people were killed by hands or feet. The point is if both consent to a fist fight then fine sell tickets. However as a unconsenting victim of an attack then no, you gave up your right to safety when you attacked your victim. A victim of violence has no moral obligation to allow you to violate them or wait till a certain amount of blood is lost, they also have no obligation to "feel bad" because you forced them to defend themselves. Would you argue a woman can not use deadly force to prevent her rape if the attacker does not do "great bodily harm or try to kill her"? Do you argue since no great bodily harm or death exists she must just lay there till her attacker leaves her alone? Do you argue that if 5 gang members break into your home tonight and robs you, rapes your 9 year old daughter, burns your home, as long as they are unarmed you must let them, hoping police come help?
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Your agenda - halfwit?
ha ha ha. I do so like watching you eat crow each and every time you make a claim.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

krackersmacker wrote:
<quoted text>lol! hey funky honkey. you've what now? lol! we gave birth to your nasty, wicked azes, then thrwe your trifling azes in the caves of europe where you dwelled and survived off consuming the dead among you. you're trashy white b*tches fckd animals, bc white men have microscopic dcks, and could not satisfy the tramp, which is why you always see the women skunkhonkies chasing blackmen, big dcks! you're not even human! mankind is a reference to your weak smelly, race. you're a bunch of uncivilized savages, barbaric, wicked, smelly, retarded, most of you are bc you're all inbreds. you're the only living thing that nature rejects, you're a freak of nature, the sun burns you as you all try to brown your skin, lol, and water makes you stink! lmao! you can't possibly be human! lol! but you know your history hillhonkey, you just hoped we blacks did not remembe. tell me,dumbaz, where is your origin? where'd and who'd you come from? You're an inferior race and history and science proves it, a european piece of sht soon to be eliminated off the face of the earth bc you're unworthy to live. a waste of fckn flesh! like a dog, you all need shot and put out of your misery, starting with your babies first! lol! Your end is near skunkhonkey. and I can barely wait for your lice infested heads to roll through the streets of america where you've spilled the sacred blood of the original people of the earth! i'd really hate to be in your shoes devil! until then, fck you skunkhonkies and the sorry b*tches that gave birth to you! lmao! CLASS DISMISSED HILLHONKIES!
Hey can we help it if we evolved and you didn't? We did our best at selective breading to improve your race but we only had so much to work with. We all came from single cell organisms but I would not be proud to still being one. Be careful. If anything were to happen to us then who would send you that little check and food stamps? Now be a good little pet and don't bite the hand that feeds you.
spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> ha ha ha. I do so like watching you eat crow each and every time you make a claim.
Your agenda makes me eat crow - yeah sure buddy whatever you say :)
Jux Suppose

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

krackersmacker wrote:
<quoted text>Allow me to remind you skunkhonkey, of who you are:
<quoted text>lol! hey skunk honkey! You fckn cavemonkey, eruopean piece of sht! curve your tongue, before I stick pins into a doll with your fckn name on it! lol! you're an ignorant piece of sht! a reject and FREAK of nature! lol! Blacks are the most hated people because we are the first people of the earth , THE MOTHERS AND FATHERS TO ALL RACES. All human life traces back to Africa from a blackwoman, BUT YOU knoew that. You devils know truth, but your nature is to lie, and decieve , manipulate and do evil because your demonic creatures from hell! lol! CLASS DISMISSED SKUNK HONKEY! LOL! But I'm right here reading, and waiting, to joyfully check any and all of you lice infested european little dck, sheet wearing, take it in the az, savage az, cave monkey skunk honkies ,any time! dumbaz! now go do what you beast do best and kill your kids! lol! your truly, Treavor Dooley! lmao!
Cut & paste king kracker-LICKER is still here. Boy, you are funny (and stupid) but can't you think of something else to say.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
In Florida there are over 1,000,000 conceal carry citizens. Florida's population is around 19,000,000. So just walking down any normal street 1 out of 19 is probably carrying concealed. This does not include police, security personal, those who just don't have a permit, or criminals. In reality the odds are closer to 1 in 15 once you include these. Those you claim are nervous about people with guns better get out of Florida because a simple trip to a store to get milk will expose you to dozens carrying a gun. According to the anti-self defense crowd blood should be flowing in every street with that many guns yet it's not. If I were a criminal in Florida I would get out, maybe go to New York were my activity is protected and the unarmed victims plentiful.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Lifffffe Coachhhh wrote:
I want to see Zimmerman acquitted
I want to see Florida explode into racial violence because of it
I want to see Obama condemn the verdict just like gutless Bush did after the Rodney. King fiasco
I love to see the poop stirred
Rodney King, the poster boy for "The poor misunderstood black man". Sharpton and Jackson jumped on that soapbox too. They couldn't pick a winner in a one horse race. Ha ha ha. Rodney, OJ, Trayvon--anyone besides me see a pattern?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,321 - 9,340 of9,571
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••