Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws

Mar 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bloomberg

The Justice Department opened an investigation this week into the killing of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old high school student who was shot dead on Feb.

Comments
8,741 - 8,760 of 9,570 Comments Last updated Mar 21, 2014

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Me either...Trying to beat a murder conviction perhaps? Zimmerman has acted in every way BUT the way of an innocent man sinse the minute he murdered the kid that night. In addition to the perjury proceedings coming down against Shellie once this trial is over, I would also expect the Florida Bar to come down on Zimmerman's defense team for their ethical misconduct displayed during this circus.
All the evidence they need to beat a murder rap has already been released. That is, unless the prosecution has some bombshell that hasn't been released to the public yet. And I will freely admit that it is entirely possible. i am basing my opinion on this case strictly on what has been presented thus far. You, on the other hand, seem to have already reached your conclusion without the necessary proof that this indeed was a murder.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

menards wrote:
<quoted text>
If Zimmerman was so innocent, why would his defense team be lying and trying to fabricate evidence?
If Zimmerman was so guilty then why did the press, panthers, state, and you need to lie about the facts. The police didn't issue a lawful order "to stay in his truck". There is no evidence Zimmerman touched, spoke, confronted, made any threat first. The yelling is irrelevant because Trayvon had no wounds so very unlikely was he under attack. George had injuries so logic dictates HE was under attack. Any attempt by the state to claim otherwise just makes them look more desperate. George will walk, the have lawsuits against all those who falsely lied and degraded his reputation (possibly many on public forums). After millions are paid to him in these lawsuits most will think twice about railroading armed victims who defend themselves from violent criminals and thugs.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

WARNING. Making accusations you can't provide proof of, against a person on a public forum can lead to a lawsuit of defamation against one making the accusation.....Definition from Nolo’s Plain-English Law Dictionary
An untruthful statement about a person that harms the person's reputation or standing in the community.....Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, or traducement—is the communication of a false statement that harms the reputation of an individual, business, product, group, government, religion, or nation. Most jurisdictions allow legal action to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism.....

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Tray wrote:
WARNING. Making accusations you can't provide proof of, against a person on a public forum can lead to a lawsuit of defamation against one making the accusation.....Definition from Nolo’s Plain-English Law Dictionary
An untruthful statement about a person that harms the person's reputation or standing in the community.....Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, or traducement—is the communication of a false statement that harms the reputation of an individual, business, product, group, government, religion, or nation. Most jurisdictions allow legal action to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism.....
If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.
Don't make claims of murder unless you can back them up with facts or you could be writing a fat check among other things. I personally would be very offended of someone who has no facts accused me of a crime on a public forum. I personally would consider legal action against that person. I also did and still do consider a violent attack on my person grounds for self defense. I suspect the verdict in this trial will not be the end but the beginning of Zimmerman's legal actions. I have a feeling many may have wished they had not jumped the gun in this case. Playing the race card may backfire this time and do more harm than good for those attempting to use it.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

I would bet there are a few EX NBC employees that wish they had stuck to the facts in this case instead of trying to make a case about race in this instance. Altering the facts and making false claims made them unemployed and may make them financially responsible for that mistake. I would bet they are just the beginning. I figure many heads will role before this is over. It would be prudent to "back off" making claims one can't back up with facts.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> If Zimmerman was so guilty then why did the press, panthers, state, and you need to lie about the facts. The police didn't issue a lawful order "to stay in his truck".
Grasping at straws. Now its a "lawful order"?!?! Zimmerman called the police. the police told him not to follow martin. He made the choice to disobey. Thats not "lying about the facts" that is the facts. You cant seem to get that straight.
Tray wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence Zimmerman touched, spoke, confronted, made any threat first.
Aside from the fact that he intially followed, trayvon retreated, Zimmerman pursued & caught up with. Those are facts. Creepy man following you around in the dark. Remember Zimmerman is a pedophile who molested his cousin for over a decade.
Tray wrote:
<quoted text>
The yelling is irrelevant because Trayvon had no wounds so very unlikely was he under attack. George had injuries so logic dictates HE was under attack. Any attempt by the state to claim otherwise just makes them look more desperate.
There sure is alot of "unlikely" "so logic dictates" hmmmm u dont sound so sure of yourself. Key question. Zimmerman doesnt shoot Martin. Cops arrive on the scene. Is Martin charged with ANY crime? C'mon you know the answer. Say it.
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> George will walk, the have lawsuits against all those who falsely lied and degraded his reputation (possibly many on public forums). After millions are paid to him in these lawsuits most will think twice about railroading armed victims who defend themselves from violent criminals and thugs.
Let me reel you back in from fantasy land. Remember the police report. there is no evidence that shows martin to be partaking in any criminal activity the night he was murdered. None. Zero. Natta. Not a criminal, skippy, a kid that was profiled, followed, and gunned down by a pedophile that had wet dreams about killing someone. Always remember, its not slander if its true.

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Grasping at straws. Now its a "lawful order"?!?! Zimmerman called the police. the police told him not to follow martin. He made the choice to disobey. Thats not "lying about the facts" that is the facts. You cant seem to get that straight.
<quoted text>
Aside from the fact that he intially followed, trayvon retreated, Zimmerman pursued & caught up with. Those are facts. Creepy man following you around in the dark. Remember Zimmerman is a pedophile who molested his cousin for over a decade.
<quoted text>
There sure is alot of "unlikely" "so logic dictates" hmmmm u dont sound so sure of yourself. Key question. Zimmerman doesnt shoot Martin. Cops arrive on the scene. Is Martin charged with ANY crime? C'mon you know the answer. Say it.
<quoted text>
Let me reel you back in from fantasy land. Remember the police report. there is no evidence that shows martin to be partaking in any criminal activity the night he was murdered. None. Zero. Natta. Not a criminal, skippy, a kid that was profiled, followed, and gunned down by a pedophile that had wet dreams about killing someone. Always remember, its not slander if its true.
No cop ever told Zimmerman not to follow Martin.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

menards wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Is "Barefoot2626" your alter ego.

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Is "Barefoot2626" your alter ego.
LMFAO !

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>No cop ever told Zimmerman not to follow Martin.
Another grasp at straws.... If Zimmerman wasnt told by Sanford PD not to follow Martin, them O'mara wouldnt be asking the judge to prevent the prosecuition from making that same remark in their opening statement. Its kinda the nail in the coffin.... Omara knows it. Zimmerman knows it. You know it.

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Another grasp at straws.... If Zimmerman wasnt told by Sanford PD not to follow Martin, them O'mara wouldnt be asking the judge to prevent the prosecuition from making that same remark in their opening statement. Its kinda the nail in the coffin.... Omara knows it. Zimmerman knows it. You know it.
No police officer told Zimmerman not to follow Martin.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

<quoted text>No police officer told Zimmerman not to follow Martin.
LOL! READ THE TRANSCRIPT FOOL! WHO ANSWERED THE PHONE?!?!

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

menards wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! READ THE TRANSCRIPT FOOL! WHO ANSWERED THE PHONE?!?!
No police officer told Zimmerman not to follow Martin.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

menards wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Out right lie on your part. A 911 operator "INFORMED" George "they didn't need him to do that". That is her official statement and will testify to that in court. She was not a cop. Just where in the tape are the words "don't follow" or "stay in your truck"? Another lie. Trayvon was partaking in ASSAULT and BATTERY,(an illegal activity). Following is not illegal or legal grounds for assault. Profiling is also not illegal especially when police had informed the residence there of "young black men breaking into homes". Who should the neighborhood watch be looking for, some old white woman? If you must lie and twist facts then you don't have a case to start with. You might want to ask NBC what happens to those who publicly make false statements about someone.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

menards wrote:
<quoted text>
And the judge did order them not to make false claims in court including "police told George not to follow". Even the judge ruled it a lie. You do understand lying in court is illegal don't you? It looks like it's you running out of straws.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

menards wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It is slander if you can't prove your claim. Can you personally prove "murder"? Can you prove you claim of molestation? No police charges of molestation has been filed so you might want to be careful on that one too.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> It is slander if you can't prove your claim. Can you personally prove "murder"? Can you prove you claim of molestation? No police charges of molestation has been filed so you might want to be careful on that one too.
I did a little digging into the "molestation" accusations. What I found was a cliam by some woman that Zimmerman molested her from the time she was 6 until 16 years old. Zimmerman allegedly started when he was EIGHT years old. Can an 8 year old be a pedophile? Or is it simply a case of two kids who grew up together playing "doctor"?

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I did a little digging into the "molestation" accusations. What I found was a cliam by some woman that Zimmerman molested her from the time she was 6 until 16 years old. Zimmerman allegedly started when he was EIGHT years old. Can an 8 year old be a pedophile? Or is it simply a case of two kids who grew up together playing "doctor"?
LMAO at you did some digging. It's all over topix and other forums. The molesttee was George little cousin who he eventually worked with in the insurance business. The molesting probably began as a game of doctor but the girl claimed it went on until she was 16 years old. The revelation supposedly caused some dissension in the family as it was her father who set George up with his own agency.

She came forward to LE with the allegations, sounds like she's still pizzed off, or maybe nuts, maybe the whole family is nuts.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Out right lie on your part. A 911 operator "INFORMED" George "they didn't need him to do that". That is her official statement and will testify to that in court. She was not a cop. Just where in the tape are the words "don't follow" or "stay in your truck"? Another lie. Trayvon was partaking in ASSAULT and BATTERY,(an illegal activity). Following is not illegal or legal grounds for assault. Profiling is also not illegal especially when police had informed the residence there of "young black men breaking into homes". Who should the neighborhood watch be looking for, some old white woman? If you must lie and twist facts then you don't have a case to start with. You might want to ask NBC what happens to those who publicly make false statements about someone.
I thought this racist thread died and took your brain damaged azz with it to topix he11.

It was a male non emergency dispatcher who worked at the Sanford Police Department location. The 911 call center is located elsewhere, namely at the Seminole County Emergency Operations Center.

Are you saying that you've never bothered to listen to the actual call yet post your opinions about what was said?

You're a real prize.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••