Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws

Mar 20, 2012 Full story: Bloomberg 9,568

The Justice Department opened an investigation this week into the killing of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old high school student who was shot dead on Feb.

Full Story
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9161 May 5, 2013
MURRAY, UtahA 46-year-old soccer referee who was punched by a teenage player during a game and later slipped into a coma has died, police said. Ricardo Portillo of Salt Lake City passed away at the hospital, where he was being treated following the assault last weekend, Unified police spokesman Justin Hoyal said Saturday night.

Police have accused a 17-year-old player in a recreational soccer league of punching Portillo after the man called a foul on him and issued him a yellow card. Hmmm and someone claims just a few punches to the head by a 17 year old is not life threatening. I guess the 17 year old was just defending himself from a stranger following him because we all know children don't attack without a cause.(sarcasm)
For Real

Newport News, VA

#9164 May 9, 2013
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Who will stop your hateful, cracka punk azz? Keep hiding behind the computer. Can't say any of these things out loud to a black person. Just can't.
black folks are only tough when the numbers are in their favor.....one on one....meek as kittens. I see it every day.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#9165 May 9, 2013
For Real wrote:
<quoted text>black folks are only tough when the numbers are in their favor.....one on one....meek as kittens. I see it every day.
The bullying/cowardly behavior syndrome is not color specific. Hell, it ain't even species specific.
Open your eyes for real.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#9167 Jun 4, 2013
WOW! been awhile! Trial is set to start and Zimmerman's lawyers are still up to antics! Got the popcorn, ready for the show!
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9168 Jun 4, 2013
menards wrote:
WOW! been awhile! Trial is set to start and Zimmerman's lawyers are still up to antics! Got the popcorn, ready for the show!
I'm waiting on evidence George committed any crime. So far the state still admits they have no proof of a crime by Zimmerman. Zimmerman's lawyers don't have to say a word untill the state PROVES a crime.

Location hidden

#9169 Jun 5, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> I'm waiting on evidence George committed any crime. So far the state still admits they have no proof of a crime by Zimmerman. Zimmerman's lawyers don't have to say a word untill the state PROVES a crime.
He got out of his truck and hunted him down. Should have stayed in his truck.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#9170 Jun 5, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#9171 Jun 5, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you watching a Hollywood movie ?
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#9172 Jun 5, 2013
Z didn't hunt anyone down. Simply trying to keep an eye on where the perp was escaping to so he could advise the police. Z didn't even pull his gun until his life was in danger. If he had brandished his firearm the savage would have retreated not advanced to brutally attack. Anyway Z will walk and the welfare addicts will have another excuse to loot and rob. Keep your powder dry and take full advantage of targets in you home area. Wish I was there. Any citizens feel the need for hired protective services? Have arsenal, training and experience. For hire.
menards wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#9173 Jun 5, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
That is the undisputed official account. Where have you been? Expert witness testimony that its trayvon screaming for help before he is murdered, testimony that O'mara publicly stated they have no answer for, is the smoking gun.

Southeast Virginia

#9174 Jun 5, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the undisputed official account. Where have you been? Expert witness testimony that its trayvon screaming for help before he is murdered, testimony that O'mara publicly stated they have no answer for, is the smoking gun.
Their are experts on both sides of the court saying that it cannot be determined with any certainty who was yelling for help. When Martin's father listened to the tape for the first time, even HE admitted that it was NOT Trayvon calling for help. And why would the person who is on top of someone else beating their head into the ground be calling for help???

Location hidden

#9175 Jun 5, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Z didn't hunt anyone down. Simply trying to keep an eye on where the perp was escaping to so he could advise the police.
Exactly what he was told "not to do" by the police.
Patriot wrote:
Z didn't even pull his gun until his life was in danger. If he had brandished his firearm the savage would have retreated not advanced to brutally attack.
A lot of speculation here....1) You dont know when Zimmerman pulled out his gun 2) You dont know who attacked who "first" 3) Martin already retreated, Zimmerman pursued, into the back yard after he was told not to. 4) Martin did not lay a finger on Zimmermans gun, as Zimmerman intially stated, proof that Zimmermans account is, at a bare minimum, fabricated.
Patriot wrote:
Anyway Z will walk and the welfare addicts will have another excuse to loot and rob. Keep your powder dry and take full advantage of targets in you home area. Wish I was there. Any citizens feel the need for hired protective services? Have arsenal, training and experience. For hire. <quoted text>
Be careful what you wish for. While you may yearn to legally committ murder, and while some may be successful, there is no guarantee that you wont find yourself on the wrong side of an agrument one of these days...

Southeast Virginia

#9176 Jun 5, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
And just because you have a smoking gun, it does NOT mean a murder was committed. Justifiable homicide is NOT murder. It has NOT been proven that a murder has occurred in this case.

Location hidden

#9177 Jun 5, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And just because you have a smoking gun, it does NOT mean a murder was committed. Justifiable homicide is NOT murder. It has NOT been proven that a murder has occurred in this case.
We'll see about that, wont we, buddy!

Location hidden

#9178 Jun 5, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Their are experts on both sides of the court saying that it cannot be determined with any certainty who was yelling for help. When Martin's father listened to the tape for the first time, even HE admitted that it was NOT Trayvon calling for help. And why would the person who is on top of someone else beating their head into the ground be calling for help???
If Zimmerman was so innocent, why would his defense team be lying and trying to fabricate evidence?

Southeast Virginia

#9179 Jun 5, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll see about that, wont we, buddy!
Yep. Based on the evidence that has been released to date, this is Zimmerman's case to lose.

Southeast Virginia

#9180 Jun 5, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
If Zimmerman was so innocent, why would his defense team be lying and trying to fabricate evidence?
No clue.

Location hidden

#9182 Jun 5, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
No clue.
Me either...Trying to beat a murder conviction perhaps? Zimmerman has acted in every way BUT the way of an innocent man sinse the minute he murdered the kid that night. In addition to the perjury proceedings coming down against Shellie once this trial is over, I would also expect the Florida Bar to come down on Zimmerman's defense team for their ethical misconduct displayed during this circus.

Southeast Virginia

#9183 Jun 5, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Me either...Trying to beat a murder conviction perhaps? Zimmerman has acted in every way BUT the way of an innocent man sinse the minute he murdered the kid that night. In addition to the perjury proceedings coming down against Shellie once this trial is over, I would also expect the Florida Bar to come down on Zimmerman's defense team for their ethical misconduct displayed during this circus.
All the evidence they need to beat a murder rap has already been released. That is, unless the prosecution has some bombshell that hasn't been released to the public yet. And I will freely admit that it is entirely possible. i am basing my opinion on this case strictly on what has been presented thus far. You, on the other hand, seem to have already reached your conclusion without the necessary proof that this indeed was a murder.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9184 Jun 6, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
If Zimmerman was so guilty then why did the press, panthers, state, and you need to lie about the facts. The police didn't issue a lawful order "to stay in his truck". There is no evidence Zimmerman touched, spoke, confronted, made any threat first. The yelling is irrelevant because Trayvon had no wounds so very unlikely was he under attack. George had injuries so logic dictates HE was under attack. Any attempt by the state to claim otherwise just makes them look more desperate. George will walk, the have lawsuits against all those who falsely lied and degraded his reputation (possibly many on public forums). After millions are paid to him in these lawsuits most will think twice about railroading armed victims who defend themselves from violent criminals and thugs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
National Recprocity !! 8 hr Tory II 2
Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) Mon swedenforever 99
AK-47s, Now Made in AmericaBy Cliff Schecter Jan 24 Here Is One 5
Women Continue To Line Up For Concealed Carry P... Jan 24 Here Is One 1
ILLEGALS-Unions AGAINST AMERICANS Jan 23 ILLEGALS-UNIONS-v... 1
Illinois Cops: Concealed Carry Law A 'Non-Event... Jan 23 SSG MP American Joe 3
Kahr PM40 problems (Apr '06) Jan 22 mike_lance 187
More from around the web