Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws

There are 9853 comments on the Bloomberg story from Mar 20, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws. In it, Bloomberg reports that:

The Justice Department opened an investigation this week into the killing of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old high school student who was shot dead on Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bloomberg.

Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9141 Mar 13, 2013
The Bell Curve

“Put the X Back in X-Mas.”

Since: Feb 08

Norman, Oklahoma

#9142 Mar 14, 2013
Tray wrote:
My numbers came from a government report.
Prove it.
ohwell

Carmel, IN

#9143 Mar 14, 2013
Tray wrote:
With regard to AFDC the figures are:
White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3
To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all receipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents
Some people are more comfortable being enslaved by their government. Blacks have been in the slavery business from the beginning of their existence. When white societies civilized, they developed a class system instead. Europeans discovered the big business in slavery when they visited Africa. Blacks sold their own people into slavery and yet the white man is blamed. Some blacks sold their children into slavery hoping they will have a better life in the New World. Was it better to risk getting put into a diamond mine, sacrificed, eaten by a lion or get three meals a day picking cotton?
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9144 Mar 14, 2013
Michael Allred wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
I just did. Can't you read?
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9145 Mar 14, 2013
ohwell wrote:
<quoted text> Some people are more comfortable being enslaved by their government. Blacks have been in the slavery business from the beginning of their existence. When white societies civilized, they developed a class system instead. Europeans discovered the big business in slavery when they visited Africa. Blacks sold their own people into slavery and yet the white man is blamed. Some blacks sold their children into slavery hoping they will have a better life in the New World. Was it better to risk getting put into a diamond mine, sacrificed, eaten by a lion or get three meals a day picking cotton?
They are free to go back anytime they wish. They all want to curse the white man for bringing them here but I don't see boats loaded going back. I bet you could not put chains on them and make them go back.
larry

Voorhees, NJ

#9146 Mar 15, 2013
put real angry gun laws..

where you can't use um at all..

and just go to karatee class..
larry

Voorhees, NJ

#9147 Mar 15, 2013
the blacks who sold themselves never actually got taken over they were still in Africa I believe..
free

United States

#9148 Mar 16, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text>They are free to go back anytime they wish. They all want to curse the white man for bringing them here but I don't see boats loaded going back. I bet you could not put chains on them and make them go back.
Home is USA
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9149 Mar 17, 2013
free wrote:
<quoted text>
Home is USA
Then stop Bitchen.

Norman, Oklahoma

#9150 Mar 24, 2013
Tray wrote:
I just did.
No, you just repeated your false hopes that you didn't have to. Your wishful thinking is not really the same thing.

Norman, Oklahoma

#9151 Mar 24, 2013
Tray wrote:
They are free to go back anytime they wish.
Bravo, that's some quality, bespoke racism there.~

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#9153 Mar 24, 2013
Michael Allred wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious...but how was that "racism"?
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#9154 Mar 25, 2013
Michael Allred wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you just repeated your false hopes that you didn't have to. Your wishful thinking is not really the same thing.
Can't you read? The link is included. Obviously you have a lower than usual IQ. Reread the Bell curve.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#9155 Mar 25, 2013
Michael Allred wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply a fact. What's wrong, you don't like facts? Perhaps you need to be given credit on the bases of race instead of ability? Sorry but no affirmative action here. If you don't like racism then stop causing it by expecting to be treated different on the bases of being black. You can't ask for special treatment for jobs, school, ect. ect for being black then scream you are treated different for being black.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#9158 Mar 30, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Simply a fact. What's wrong, you don't like facts? Perhaps you need to be given credit on the bases of race instead of ability? Sorry but no affirmative action here. If you don't like racism then stop causing it by expecting to be treated different on the bases of being black. You can't ask for special treatment for jobs, school, ect. ect for being black then scream you are treated different for being black.
Kinda like many gays eh.
They demand their "equality" and then insist on their being "different" at the same time. No wonder so many of both groups are so pissed all the time - their philosophy of life premises are incongruous.
They demand to be two things at once, when the truth, the real truth, is that both groups are just people, like everyone else. They think themselves "different" and put upon by those who are not "different", but they whine in vain, as we are ALL "different".
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9159 Mar 30, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda like many gays eh.
They demand their "equality" and then insist on their being "different" at the same time. No wonder so many of both groups are so pissed all the time - their philosophy of life premises are incongruous.
They demand to be two things at once, when the truth, the real truth, is that both groups are just people, like everyone else. They think themselves "different" and put upon by those who are not "different", but they whine in vain, as we are ALL "different".
Yep.
dsfsdf

Canyon Country, CA

#9160 Apr 2, 2013
Really good.I will concern about it.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#9161 May 5, 2013
MURRAY, UtahA 46-year-old soccer referee who was punched by a teenage player during a game and later slipped into a coma has died, police said. Ricardo Portillo of Salt Lake City passed away at the hospital, where he was being treated following the assault last weekend, Unified police spokesman Justin Hoyal said Saturday night.

Police have accused a 17-year-old player in a recreational soccer league of punching Portillo after the man called a foul on him and issued him a yellow card. Hmmm and someone claims just a few punches to the head by a 17 year old is not life threatening. I guess the 17 year old was just defending himself from a stranger following him because we all know children don't attack without a cause.(sarcasm)
For Real

Newport News, VA

#9164 May 9, 2013
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Who will stop your hateful, cracka punk azz? Keep hiding behind the computer. Can't say any of these things out loud to a black person. Just can't.
black folks are only tough when the numbers are in their favor.....one on one....meek as kittens. I see it every day.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#9165 May 9, 2013
For Real wrote:
<quoted text>black folks are only tough when the numbers are in their favor.....one on one....meek as kittens. I see it every day.
The bullying/cowardly behavior syndrome is not color specific. Hell, it ain't even species specific.
Open your eyes for real.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Truth About Reloading 6 hr payme 48
News Treating Firearms Like We Do Cars? Yeaha Lets D... (Feb '12) 19 hr Here Is One 19
News St. Louis Zoo Court Order against the Exercise ... Thu True facts 8
News Why assault rifle sales are booming Thu okimar 102
News Why are assault weapon sales jumping? Because t... Thu Here Is One 47
This is the NRA’s worst nightmare: Thu Here Is One 18
News No wedding for Bristol Palin Jun 30 General 39
More from around the web