Area gun sales, fears rising

Area gun sales, fears rising

There are 7574 comments on the North Port Sun story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Area gun sales, fears rising. In it, North Port Sun reports that:

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Port Sun.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#7542 Jun 19, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are not a "place" they are a disastrous political party! Would you care and fill us in on any positive contribution conservatives have made to society - ever?
Establishemnt of the Republican Party - 1854: Abolitionist movement with the sole creed "Slavery is a violation of the rights of man"
Republican Party: 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments, giving former slaves citizenship, voting rights, and due process
Abraham Lincoln: Emancipation Proclamation
Dwight Eisenhower: Civil Rights Act of 1957
Dr. Martin Luther King: "Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, we are free at last."

You were saying?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#7543 Jun 19, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are not a "place" they are a disastrous political party! Would you care and fill us in on any positive contribution conservatives have made to society - ever?
Let's take a little gander at the democrat party's history shall we?

Democrat Party: Jim Crow

Democrat Party: Opposed 13th, 14th, 15th Amendments and argued in support of the slave owners.

Democrat Party: 1957 fillibustered the establishment of the Civil Rights Act

How about you post what good the democrats are to this society?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#7544 Jun 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Modern Pseudo Liberals SQUALK! dirty commies MARKIST, Markists... SQUALK! SQUALK! Lenonist! SQUALK! SQUALK! Modern Pseudo Liberals SQUALK! dirty commies MARKIST, Markists... SQUALK! SQUALK! Lenonist! SQUAWK! SQUAWK! SQUAWK!
Pseudo Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Pseudo Liberal Democrats blah blah blah blah blah blah Pseudo Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Chairman Mao blah blah blah blah blah blah Pseudo Liberal Democrats blah blah blah blah blah blah Pseudo Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Pseudo Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Lenin blah blah blah Pseudo Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Chairman Mao blah blah blah blah blah blah Pseudo Liberal Democrats blah blah blah blah blah SQUALK! blah Pseudo Liberal Democrats blah Hitler blah blah Pseudo Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Chairman Mao blah blah blah blah blah blah Pseudo Liberal Democrats blah blah blah blah blah blah Pseudo Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Pseudo Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Lenin blah blah blah Pseudo Liberal Democrats blah blah SQUALK! blah Chairman Mao blah blah blah blah blah blah Pseudo Liberal Democrats blah blah blah blah blah blah Pseudo Liberal Democrats blah Hitler blah blah Pseudo Liberal Democrats...
Who is Mark?
What is a Lenonist?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7548 Jun 20, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Establishemnt of the Republican Party - 1854:
Republican party 2013 = 94 percent white

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7549 Jun 20, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's take a little gander at the democrat party's history shall we?
History?

You told us the slave owners among founding fathers before they died released all their slaves.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7550 Jun 20, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Dr. Martin Luther King:
"Actually, the Negro has been betrayed by both the Republican and the Democratic party. The Democrats have betrayed him by capitulating to the whims and caprices of the Southern Dixiecrats. The Republicans have betrayed him by capitulating to the blatant hypocrisy of reactionary right wing northern Republicans. And this coalition of southern Dixiecrats and right wing reactionary northern Republicans defeats every bill and every move towards liberal legislation in the area of civil rights."

Martin Luther King.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#7551 Jun 20, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Establishemnt of the Republican Party - 1854: Abolitionist movement with the sole creed "Slavery is a violation of the rights of man"
Republican Party: 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments, giving former slaves citizenship, voting rights, and due process
Abraham Lincoln: Emancipation Proclamation
Dwight Eisenhower: Civil Rights Act of 1957
Dr. Martin Luther King: "Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, we are free at last."
You were saying?
I suggest you try, just once in your miserable wingnuz life, to think in terms of facts instead of boneheaded ideology!
spocko

Oakland, CA

#7552 Jun 20, 2013
Socialism is for Sissies wrote:
<quoted text>You're using it. It's called technology.
We'd be even further along if it wasn't for leftists and their regulations.
Like I said, how have conservatives ever contributed positively to society? In your wingnuz daze you are actually claiming the GOPers came up with computers and the internet – seriously? I suggest you try, just once in your miserable wingnuz life, to think in terms of facts instead of boneheaded ideology!
spocko

Oakland, CA

#7553 Jun 20, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Establishemnt of the Republican Party - 1854: Abolitionist movement with the sole creed "Slavery is a violation of the rights of man"
Republican Party: 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments, giving former slaves citizenship, voting rights, and due process
Abraham Lincoln: Emancipation Proclamation
Dwight Eisenhower: Civil Rights Act of 1957
Dr. Martin Luther King: "Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, we are free at last."
You were saying?
What bunk, no facts pure ideological bunk – you’re ignoring the fact that white segregationist Democrats in the South were right-wing reactionary a-holes, like Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms who switched to the Republican Party, as did the rest of the Dixicrats, when the Democrats ceased to be the party of "states rights" (code for segregation)!
It was Truman who first pushed civil-rights when he authorized a fifteen-man committee on Civil Rights to recommend new legislation to protect people from discrimination. Speaking from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, Truman became the first president of the United States to address the NAACP. He made a promise to the black community that the federal government would act now to end discrimination, violence, and race prejudice in American life.
The GOPers never warmed up to civil rights, the 1860 Republican Platform was not about abolishing slavery, it was about the enactment of free home-stead, daily mail service, transcontinental railroad and a protective tariff. Republicans never warmed up to civil rights as can clearly be seen today, just look at the nomination of Goldwater in 1964. The large Republican vote totals for the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act were purely political and not replicated in other key civil rights battles, such as an earlier one relating to fair employment practices in 1949 and 1950 and a subsequent one on fair housing in 1966 – all opposed by the GOPers. The fact that every single and memorable civil-rights speech were given by a Democrat speaks for itself! Unless of course, you consider MLKJ a Republican (He was a registered GOPer because he hated the Dixicrats).

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7554 Jun 20, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
What bunk, no facts pure ideological bunk – you’re ignoring the fact...
Well... as you know, it's something he and his alaises have in common.

Prep-for-Dep wrote:
Is admitting you are wrong that devastating to your ego?
According to Sticky... though the founding fathers owned slaves... they released them...

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7555 Jun 20, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>OBE in itself does not specify or require any particular style of teaching or learning. Instead, it requires the students to demonstrate what they have learned the required skills and content. What are your credentials to criticize the American education system in a meaningful way? All your nonsense is entirely based on rightwing ideology none of it is fact based and verifiable!
In itself? How about along with Obama's Executive order on African American Education from July 26 2012?

Seems to specify or require a particular style of teaching or learning.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#7556 Jun 20, 2013
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
In itself? How about along with Obama's Executive order on African American Education from July 26 2012?
Seems to specify or require a particular style of teaching or learning.
Obviously the US educational system failed in the worst way - what a friggen halfwit!

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7557 Jun 20, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously the US educational system failed in the worst way - what a friggen halfwit!
Lol! Nice deflection and avoidance.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7558 Jun 20, 2013
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
Lol! Nice deflection and avoidance.
"That's funny. I have a Masters and a Doctorate.
Louisiana has the highest Black population of any state in the US.
And, I don't smoke."

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#7559 Jun 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Actually, the Negro has been betrayed by both the Republican and the Democratic party. The Democrats have betrayed him by capitulating to the whims and caprices of the Southern Dixiecrats. The Republicans have betrayed him by capitulating to the blatant hypocrisy of reactionary right wing northern Republicans. And this coalition of southern Dixiecrats and right wing reactionary northern Republicans defeats every bill and every move towards liberal legislation in the area of civil rights."
Martin Luther King.
Yes.
Kinda makes you wish you had said it huh.

"In recent history the Democratic Party has created the illusion that their agenda and their policies are what's best for black people. You see, at the heart of liberalism is the idea that only a great and powerful big government can be the benefactor of social justice for all Americans. But the left is only concerned with one thing, control. And they disguise this control as charity. Programs such as welfare and food stamps ... these programs aren't designed to lift black Americans out of poverty. They were always intended as a mechanism for polticians to control the black community.
The idea that blacks, or anyone for that matter, need the government to get ahead in life, is dispicable. And even more important, this idea is a failure. Our communities are just as poor as they have always been. Our schools continue to fail children. Our prisons are filled with young black men who should be at home being fathers.
Our self initiative and our self reliance have been sacrificed in exchange for alliegence to our over-seers, who control us by making us dependant on them....
So my brothers and sisters of the American community, please join with me today and abandon the government plantation and the party of disappointment, so that we may all echo the words of one republican leader who said 'Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, we are free at last.'"
Sen. Elbert Guillory
2013

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#7560 Jun 20, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
What bunk, no facts pure ideological bunk – you’re ignoring the fact that white segregationist Democrats in the South were right-wing reactionary a-holes, like Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms who switched to the Republican Party, as did the rest of the Dixicrats, when the Democrats ceased to be the party of "states rights"
...
Bunk? Ideological bunk?
No. That is incorrect. I merely laid out the FACTS concerning the EARLY formation of the Republican Party.
Look it up for cripe's sake.
You refer to a later time, of which I made NO reference whatsoever.

BOTH parties have misled the American people at one time or another, and NOW, for all intents and purposes, both parties are ONE.
You think you still have a choice doncha.
You are incorrect about that too sir.

It is the heart and the character of a man that one need look at when making judgements on them. You look at only the man dressed in sheep's wool and fail to see the wolf within.

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7561 Jun 20, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
Kinda makes you wish you had said it huh.

"In recent history the Democratic Party has created the illusion that their agenda and their policies are what's best for black people. You see, at the heart of liberalism is the idea that only a great and powerful big government can be the benefactor of social justice for all Americans. But the left is only concerned with one thing, control. And they disguise this control as charity. Programs such as welfare and food stamps ... these programs aren't designed to lift black Americans out of poverty. They were always intended as a mechanism for polticians to control the black community.
The idea that blacks, or anyone for that matter, need the government to get ahead in life, is dispicable. And even more important, this idea is a failure. Our communities are just as poor as they have always been. Our schools continue to fail children. Our prisons are filled with young black men who should be at home being fathers.
Our self initiative and our self reliance have been sacrificed in exchange for alliegence to our over-seers, who control us by making us dependant on them....
So my brothers and sisters of the American community, please join with me today and abandon the government plantation and the party of disappointment, so that we may all echo the words of one republican leader who said 'Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, we are free at last.'"
Sen. Elbert Guillory
2013
For those who are visual learners:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#7562 Jun 20, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously the US educational system failed in the worst way - what a friggen halfwit!
It IS a failure.
We spend more than any other "developed" nation per student, yet their performance coming from our schools is mediocre at best.
Disband the NEA. Do it now.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

San Diego, CA

#7564 Jun 20, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, how have conservatives ever contributed positively to society? In your wingnuz daze you are actually claiming the GOPers came up with computers and the internet – seriously? I suggest you try, just once in your miserable wingnuz life, to think in terms of facts instead of boneheaded ideology!
Oh---that's right---Al Gore invented the internet and all technology! Hahahahaha
Al you leftists ever invented was welfare and perpetual slaves to vote for you.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#7565 Jun 20, 2013
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! Nice deflection and avoidance.
And you don't even comprehend that ...:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Appeals court upholds MD assault weapons ban Apr 22 American Patriot 417
News Senate votes to allow concealed carry without p... Apr 22 American Patriot 2
Former University Professor Suggests the NRA Is... Apr 22 Get Out 3
News $25 Million Dollars Pledged To Stop Concealed C... Apr 20 payme 8
News Constitutional carry bills have South Carolina ... Apr 19 Leslie Fish 3
News Bristol Palin is engaged (May '15) Apr 19 Fish o watha 69
News Grandfather says three teenage armed robbers 'd... Apr 17 javawhey 41
More from around the web