Area gun sales, fears rising

There are 7568 comments on the North Port Sun story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Area gun sales, fears rising. In it, North Port Sun reports that:

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Port Sun.

Brad

Manchester, CT

#6908 May 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
When somebody can prove to me that background checks will stop all the murders in this country, I'm on board. Half the murders in this country, I'm on board. 25% of the murders in this country..........
The background check system we have now doesn't work. Why expand that? Very few people are prosecuted for trying to purchase a legal firearm, so we don't enforce the laws we already have. Plus nothing will stop straw purchasers from buying guns for the bad guys.
I have purchased gun and had a background check so I can buy any gun I want. That's fine until somebody breaks into my house to steal them, then the background check was entirely useless. You still end up with the same problems.
Yep.
There will never be any confidence unless an honest effort to take guns out of the hands of violent criminals is mounted and the rights of law abiding citizens are protected.
Law enforcement has sadly become an extension of the corrupt system that guards the hen house.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#6909 May 27, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
There will never be any confidence unless an honest effort to take guns out of the hands of violent criminals is mounted and the rights of law abiding citizens are protected.
Law enforcement has sadly become an extension of the corrupt system that guards the hen house.
They figure if you take all the guns away from all people, the criminal will have no way to get guns. It's ridiculous.

In our state, carrying a gun illegally will get you less than one year in prison. The prisons are so full that judges resist sending people to jail for offenses like carrying a gun. So why not carry a gun?

It's the same way in many states I'm sure. Make it a ten year prison sentence, then you might see some results.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#6910 May 27, 2013
Why do teabaggers keep insisting someone is coming to take your guns away?

(NRA)

Even more ignorant, why are teabaggers buying up guns they are certain to be taken away?

(NRA)

You can't fix STUPID.

Then, there are teabaggers......... STUPID, would be a compliment.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#6911 May 27, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
Why do teabaggers keep insisting someone is coming to take your guns away?
(NRA)
Even more ignorant, why are teabaggers buying up guns they are certain to be taken away?
(NRA)
You can't fix STUPID.
Then, there are teabaggers......... STUPID, would be a compliment.
If Democrats want less people to have guns, why do they rile people up by talking about limiting clip size, gun bans and ammo taxes which makes more people want to buy guns?

You can't fix stupid.
equote

Kerrville, TX

#6912 May 27, 2013
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#6913 May 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If Democrats want less people to have guns, why do they rile people up by talking about limiting clip size, gun bans and ammo taxes which makes more people want to buy guns?
You can't fix stupid.
So, don't live in areas that has the ammo tax, clip size restriction or gun ban.

I don't any of that crap where I live.

The ONLY item that went up dramatically was ammo, which is the result of greedy ammo manufacterers,over a dollar a round, NOT because of a tax.

Your right, you can't fix stupid.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#6914 May 27, 2013
equote wrote:
Yeah, from NUT JOBS.

Police would have new authority to take firearms away from Texans who are in a mental crisis under a bill the House approved on Tuesday that is now headed to Gov. Rick Perry's desk.

Senate Bill 1189, by state Sen. Joan Huffman, R-Southside Place, would allow police to confiscate guns from people who are experiencing a mental health crisis if they determine the person is a danger to themselves or others.

GOOD.

From what I've read on topix, most teabaggers would meet that criteria.

By leaps and bounds.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#6916 May 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't fix stupid.
And yet, that has nothing to do with taking away guns.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6917 May 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
heyjackass! Illustrating Chicago Values
I see... someone in Chicago committed a crime.

Wow!

All people in Chicago must think the same way.

Location hidden

#6918 May 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
They figure if you take all the guns away from all people, the criminal will have no way to get guns. It's ridiculous.
Not as long as there are people like you who make excuses for rapists and are all to willing to sell weapons to felons and wife beaters because, you say, you have a right to sell weapons to anyone you please.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6919 May 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, just because the courts say they have to have a CCW program doesn't mean they have to make it easy as it is in many states. Look what's going on in NYC. Sure, somebody might take them to court over idiocy like limited rounds in a magazine, but it's a fight to the very end until citizens support politicians who stand behind having a sound carry program.
Hell, ten years ago here in Ohio, we would have never dreamt our gun laws would be so lenient in the future. But politicians took note of where their bread is buttered, so they all jumped on the gun bandwagon. We recently passed a law that allows us to carry in places where alcohol is served and arenas like Progressive Field. Mind you, you still can't touch a drop of alcohol while carrying, but it allows you to dine in restaurants like Applebee's. Anti-gun nuts and the cops went crazy over the passage of the law, but those people do not make up the majority of voters.
before the McDonald v Chicago 2010 SCOTUS ruling states could restrict gun rights because the 2nd amendment was only & last amendment of the Bill of Rights to be incorporated down to the state & local level and the states where free to restrict gun rights because of the 14th amendment and NY is just as bad as Illinois in writing laws they know are unconstitutional in hopes that no individual or groups have the money to challenge their unconstitutional laws which is what Sen. Dianne Feinstein(D-CA) told Sen. Ted Cruz(R-TX) which is to write the laws and then the Federal Courts determine it but Sen. Ted Cruz is right the Modern Pseudo Liberals know that they are writing laws that they know are unconstitutional and have total disregard of the US Constitution.

Incorporation of the Bill of Rights

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporation_of...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6920 May 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see... someone in Chicago committed a crime.
Wow!
All people in Chicago must think the same way.
Modern Pseudo Liberals & the Criminals in Chicago do think the same way and why the gangs run Chicago because there is no threat of a law abiding citizen having the ability to return gun fire back at them in self defense.

Location hidden

#6921 May 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<Modern Pseudo Liberals
Modern Pseudo Liberals...SQUAAAAAAAALK! Modern Pseudo Liberals...SQUAAAAAAAALK! Modern Pseudo Liberals...SQUAAAAAAAALK! Modern Pseudo Liberals...SQUAAAAAAAALK!
Brad

Manchester, CT

#6923 May 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
In our state, carrying a gun illegally will get you less than one year in prison. The prisons are so full that judges resist sending people to jail for offenses like carrying a gun. So why not carry a gun?
It's the same way in many states I'm sure. Make it a ten year prison sentence, then you might see some results.
The new proposed and enacted laws have nothing to do with curbing violence or preventing future gun crime.
They're all about appeasing special interests for future campaign support.
New Ct. law instantly makes 1 in 4 law abiding citizens criminals with their magazine restrictions.
Theres no way to enforce the new law but they made sure they had a plan in place to punish those not in compliance.

Location hidden

#6924 May 27, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
The new proposed and enacted laws have nothing to do with curbing violence or preventing future gun crime.
Except for the two million or so people who would have a gun today except for the law requiring persons selling guns to do background checks.

Most people can understand why people like you should not be selling guns to your felon friends.

And- in Pinocchio's case, his rapist friend.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#6925 May 27, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
So, don't live in areas that has the ammo tax, clip size restriction or gun ban.
I don't any of that crap where I live.
The ONLY item that went up dramatically was ammo, which is the result of greedy ammo manufacterers,over a dollar a round, NOT because of a tax.
Your right, you can't fix stupid.
BS.
The reason why the prices went up on ammo is because the DHS is buying up billions of rounds nation wide creating a supply shortage.
Hollow points that can't be used for training purposes or in international warfare are being drained from the market as well.
Best case scenario is the feds are looking to stockpile them so they can re-sell the product at bloated prices,the exact crime you wrongly accuse ammo manufacturers of.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#6926 May 27, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
They're all about appeasing special interests for future campaign support.
New Ct. law instantly makes 1 in 4 law abiding citizens criminals with their magazine restrictions.
Theres no way to enforce the new law but they made sure they had a plan in place to punish those not in compliance.
Liberal politicians love to jump into phone booths and come out as Superman. They like to BS people into thinking they have a solution to every problem in this country. But it's like Limbaugh always says, liberalism is not about results.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#6927 May 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal politicians love to jump into phone booths and come out as Superman. They like to BS people into thinking they have a solution to every problem in this country. But it's like Limbaugh always says, liberalism is not about results.
The only part I'd tweak is the solution theory.
Liberals love to define,re-define and isolate the problems.
Theres never even a tentative solution because that would require meaningful change,which would require action in turn requiring leadership,all of which this nation is in short supply of.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#6928 May 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny. That sounds like the t-p trying to take over the GOP.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#6929 May 27, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
BS.
The reason why the prices went up on ammo is because the DHS is buying up billions of rounds nation wide creating a supply shortage.
Hollow points that can't be used for training purposes or in international warfare are being drained from the market as well.
Best case scenario is the feds are looking to stockpile them so they can re-sell the product at bloated prices,the exact crime you wrongly accuse ammo manufacturers of.
I thought you people liked capitalism.

Now you hate it?

Boy, you just can't decided which side of the line to stand on, can you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News COD Offers Classes Promoting Firearm Safety thi... 18 hr Dr David 1
News No wedding for Bristol Palin Sun Tazo 9
Stop white on white crime May 20 Truth and Facts 30
News Concealed Carry Reduced Crime But NOT on Chicag... May 18 Truth and Facts 3
News Local Jews upset by Holocaust references in cam... (Jun '12) May 17 Robbie Siegmyer 115
News The Free Beacon Thinks Purchasing Ammunition Sh... May 17 JEFF1234 1
Democrats: Get A $2,000 Tax Credit For Turning ... May 10 Prep-for-Dep 22
More from around the web